Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New striker 11:09 - Nov 1 with 16005 viewsBenJ94

Desperately needed in January! I know we'd probably not be saying this had gomis taken around the keeper and scored, but he's clearly not good enough, surely we've got the money to go out and buy a 20mil striker who's guarenteed to get you goals?
New striker on 19:21 - Nov 3 with 1844 viewsDr_Winston

New striker on 19:17 - Nov 3 by Phil_S

Fighting the good fight....that's what an afternoon of conference calls reduces me to!

More patience than me.

The levels of inanity would have driven me crazy by now.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New striker on 19:27 - Nov 3 with 1832 viewsxmastree

New striker on 19:17 - Nov 3 by Phil_S

Fighting the good fight....that's what an afternoon of conference calls reduces me to!

I sincerely hope conference doesn't call. Championship at worse !!!! Btw I don't think even that will happen.

If Gomis did get injured we would have Eder or Emnes even use siggy, Adew or even routs as a false number 9. We have done that before and Liverpool did it quite successfully this weekend .
New striker on 19:35 - Nov 3 with 1817 viewsPhil_S

New striker on 19:21 - Nov 3 by Dr_Winston

More patience than me.

The levels of inanity would have driven me crazy by now.

It's all good fun at times!!
New striker on 19:35 - Nov 3 with 1816 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I remember there was a thread like this about Wilfried , there's some beaut's out there aye.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

New striker on 19:36 - Nov 3 with 1813 viewsPhil_S

New striker on 19:27 - Nov 3 by xmastree

I sincerely hope conference doesn't call. Championship at worse !!!! Btw I don't think even that will happen.

If Gomis did get injured we would have Eder or Emnes even use siggy, Adew or even routs as a false number 9. We have done that before and Liverpool did it quite successfully this weekend .

Think of all the new grounds in the conference though
New striker on 19:38 - Nov 3 with 1805 viewsDr_Winston

New striker on 19:35 - Nov 3 by oh_tommy_tommy

I remember there was a thread like this about Wilfried , there's some beaut's out there aye.

There's been threads like this about every striker we've had since Trundle, with the exception of Michu and he wasn't even a proper striker.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New striker on 19:39 - Nov 3 with 1804 viewsLeonisGod

New striker on 19:27 - Nov 3 by xmastree

I'm less concerned about our backup options (including a false no 9, 6 man midfield, etc) than I am about our ability to ride out the rough spell relying on Bafe. We can manage without Bafe, but can we manage with him?

In other words he needs help, so that the whole burden of the attack isn't on his shoulders when his confidence is down.
New striker on 21:37 - Nov 3 with 1732 viewsperchrockjack

Some of Phil s stuff makes me laugh also, I think. Then it hits me and it makes me sad to see opinions patrionised by the all knowing jobbie .

Penny not dropped yet, not after many many years and we be gone decimal I do believe.

Phil knows best? Winston the best judge?

Nah.

None of us do but gash is not a word to upset a very rich French employee of our club.

Contd...

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

New striker on 21:45 - Nov 3 with 1716 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

New striker on 21:37 - Nov 3 by perchrockjack

Some of Phil s stuff makes me laugh also, I think. Then it hits me and it makes me sad to see opinions patrionised by the all knowing jobbie .

Penny not dropped yet, not after many many years and we be gone decimal I do believe.

Nah.

None of us do but gash is not a word to upset a very rich French employee of our club.

Contd...

I'd give Eder a go ,perchie , he must be wondering how he's going to get a chance .?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

New striker on 21:49 - Nov 3 with 1703 viewsperchrockjack

Indeed and why bring him on with four mins left.

No good for him at all and tabanou s omission is also a worry. Why buy him at all, why buy grimes, why buy Eder, why buy those young Scottish kids.

New striker on 21:59 - Nov 3 with 1691 viewsCooperman

New striker on 21:49 - Nov 3 by perchrockjack

No good for him at all and tabanou s omission is also a worry. Why buy him at all, why buy grimes, why buy Eder, why buy those young Scottish kids.

For the assembly of a squad + a punt on a few promising youngsters, as opposed to a threadbare match day 18.

Tabanou's absence from the bench is strange though.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2015 22:00]

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

New striker on 22:16 - Nov 3 with 1661 viewsjack247

Grimes and the Scottish youngsters I can understand. All teams buy potential, it's worth the outlay if one or two of them ever make the first team.

Eder I'm with you on totally. If we are actually strapped for cash, why pay £5m for a backup striker? Why not use the loan system and get a highly rated youngster, or a squad player from a bigger club? I know he only had league cup games and the odd few minutes here and there, but he just screams 'limited' every time I see him. It's almost as if you know he isn't going to do very much.

Tabanou is a mystery, but I do think Taylor has a difficult job playing behind Montero and has done it well this season.
New striker on 07:30 - Nov 4 with 1588 viewsDr_Winston

Nah.

Contd...

Nothing makes me laugh more than a Liverpool fan who's never happier than when he's got an excuse to go off on a tantrum like a teenage girl when their favourite boyband has just been insulted.

New striker on 09:30 - Nov 4 with 1541 viewsjasper_T

I know why we bought Grimes, but I don't understand why he's not involved in u21 fixtures, especially now that Fulton & Sheehan have gone off on loan. We're playing Maric, Holland and Henry Jones who - with all due respect to the lads - aren't likely to make it as Swansea City players. Does the club consider Category One games worthless for actually developing players for the first team?

I understand not involving senior players like Tabanou and Emnes in those games, but Grimes is the right age and seems to be mates with a bunch of the development lads anyway.

Fulton made some important contributions last season (Southampton away he was superb), Adam King is tearing it up at Crewe, Kingsley looks a tidy player, too. Less convinced by Botti Biabi (Dan James has kept him firmly on the bench apart from injuries). McBurnie has impressed me massively after not hearing especially good things from Bradford fans.
New striker on 11:16 - Nov 4 with 1497 viewsperchrockjack

MY opinion was and is the Bony money- or the majority of it should have been invested in one top quality player not players clearly not quite up to it; a player ready to make a major role,a talisman that the rest of the team can look to.

I find it hard to believe the profit has all been spent on training facilities etc.

If we re going to keep the ground as it is then keeping in this division would mean us bringing in quality, real quality. We have not.

If we re serious about remaining in the PL we have to bring in quality players to replace those who have left.

If we re quite happy to go back down and have more available tickets, cheaper tickets, less hassle with tickets then fine but lets not bullshite about us being a premier league outfit when we have fans quite openly stating they aint bothered about losing this wonderful chance to really change the club and the city ,come to that ,for ever.

Not tragic, not important to go down -true, but what an indictment of Swansea to show such utter lack of belief.

I want to see us go for it at NORWICH, really give it to them , prove us wrong, make is happy and then screw a nail into Bournemouth.

I don't mind squabbling on the net with people Ive not met or want to but I want to see my club maximise its potential. THATS my crime

New striker on 11:17 - Nov 4 with 1496 viewsshandyjack

New striker on 11:16 - Nov 4 by perchrockjack

MY opinion was and is the Bony money- or the majority of it should have been invested in one top quality player not players clearly not quite up to it; a player ready to make a major role,a talisman that the rest of the team can look to.

I find it hard to believe the profit has all been spent on training facilities etc.

If we re going to keep the ground as it is then keeping in this division would mean us bringing in quality, real quality. We have not.

If we re serious about remaining in the PL we have to bring in quality players to replace those who have left.

If we re quite happy to go back down and have more available tickets, cheaper tickets, less hassle with tickets then fine but lets not bullshite about us being a premier league outfit when we have fans quite openly stating they aint bothered about losing this wonderful chance to really change the club and the city ,come to that ,for ever.

Not tragic, not important to go down -true, but what an indictment of Swansea to show such utter lack of belief.

I want to see us go for it at NORWICH, really give it to them , prove us wrong, make is happy and then screw a nail into Bournemouth.

I don't mind squabbling on the net with people Ive not met or want to but I want to see my club maximise its potential. THATS my crime

We probably havent received half of the Bony money yet, don't think it was a one off payment

Poll: Expectation for the season

New striker on 11:24 - Nov 4 with 1485 viewsperchrockjack

and the fact it was just £25 million with £ 3 add on means it wasn't that a good deal then.

jeez.

Selling Bony was a massive in many ways and in doing so it should have set us up and it hasnt

New striker on 11:25 - Nov 4 with 1483 viewsgiantstoneater

Nah.

Contd...

Have we ever had a successful French signing my mind goes back to the days of Romo and friends he left us with a scorcher of a goal but was pretty poor for us as we're the others.
New striker on 11:28 - Nov 4 with 1479 viewsperchrockjack

I like France .

Nowt to do with nationality is this. Just a descriptive term.

Its taken me 4 days to calm down and Im all upset again.

I ouuta here

New striker on 11:50 - Nov 4 with 1460 viewsswan65split

New striker on 19:35 - Nov 3 by oh_tommy_tommy

yes at the moment Man Cty have Bony, we have Lennie the lion, hopefuly finishes like Bonys last night will soon appear, rather than looking for the barn door!
New striker on 12:37 - Nov 4 with 1391 viewsA_Fans_Dad

New striker on 11:50 - Nov 4 by swan65split

yes at the moment Man Cty have Bony, we have Lennie the lion, hopefuly finishes like Bonys last night will soon appear, rather than looking for the barn door!

It is nice to see the troops rallying around Phil in defense of the indefensible, a bit like Custer's Last Stand really.
What is very interesting is that as it has gone on more has been revealed about how Phil, who apparently is the Club's Web interface has shown how the Club seems to be thinking.
If, God forbid, Gomis is a failure for the rest of the season they won't buy a new better striker unless they sell Gomis first due to "lack of funds".
So, if the worst does happen and Gomis doesn't turn it around the Club is going to fund a new Striker by trying to sell a "failure", I am sure that will finance a really top grade Striker, NOT.
Not my idea of how to guarantee a £150M+ plus business, but then I am in no way a businessman.

Keep digging 7th Cavalry it is all grist to the mill for the Fans on here.
New striker on 12:43 - Nov 4 with 1378 viewsStarsky

Time and time again, we get reactionary responses to the extreme, when we get a dip in form.
Yes, we probably should recruit another striker option in January but, come on, the players you're talking about, apart from Eder, have proved they aren't "gash" or "useless" with some good/great performances for our team.

Part of the problem for me is... We need to play every game like a cup final. We tend to be more effective when we're chasing the game. If you play at high tempo, the likes of Gomis and Montero, even Ayew, are already running on the offensive. When we attack at a mundane pace, there's no impetus for Montero to go past the full back. The same for Gomis. He still gets the long balls from the likes of Shelvey but we're not attacking at speed down the flanks which creates havoc and stretches the opposition defences, creating much more room than we've enjoyed lately,ll

Watching the Swans lately is like we're just walking towards brick walls.

We need to step up the tempo!!!
[Post edited 4 Nov 2015 12:54]

It's just the internet, init.

New striker on 12:44 - Nov 4 with 1377 viewsPhil_S

New striker on 12:37 - Nov 4 by A_Fans_Dad

It is nice to see the troops rallying around Phil in defense of the indefensible, a bit like Custer's Last Stand really.
What is very interesting is that as it has gone on more has been revealed about how Phil, who apparently is the Club's Web interface has shown how the Club seems to be thinking.
If, God forbid, Gomis is a failure for the rest of the season they won't buy a new better striker unless they sell Gomis first due to "lack of funds".
So, if the worst does happen and Gomis doesn't turn it around the Club is going to fund a new Striker by trying to sell a "failure", I am sure that will finance a really top grade Striker, NOT.
Not my idea of how to guarantee a £150M+ plus business, but then I am in no way a businessman.

Keep digging 7th Cavalry it is all grist to the mill for the Fans on here.

You're funny, can we keep you?

Not sure how you have drawn half the conclusions that you have from what I have said but I'm sure the voices in your head will tell you

Stick to Roy of the Rovers, that always seemed to have a happy ending and didn't worry about real life

You think its indefensible but really its not, it's justifiable
New striker on 13:55 - Nov 4 with 1324 viewsA_Fans_Dad

New striker on 12:44 - Nov 4 by Phil_S

You're funny, can we keep you?

Not sure how you have drawn half the conclusions that you have from what I have said but I'm sure the voices in your head will tell you

Stick to Roy of the Rovers, that always seemed to have a happy ending and didn't worry about real life

You think its indefensible but really its not, it's justifiable

Phil, thankyou for proving that you have lost the debate, as it is a well known fact that those losing the debate resort to Ad Hominem and personal attacks.
Need I say more.
New striker on 13:59 - Nov 4 with 1318 viewsPhil_S

New striker on 13:55 - Nov 4 by A_Fans_Dad

Phil, thankyou for proving that you have lost the debate, as it is a well known fact that those losing the debate resort to Ad Hominem and personal attacks.
Need I say more.

If you say so.

I'm sure you will realise how much amusement that post has given me considering you were at that stage a few pages back

You don't like Gomis, we get it. I think you attack him personally and have singled him our for criticism that you don't give to others who are equally as ineffective. Not that I think you have made him a scapegoat or anything you understand.

I've given you valid reasons why I believe in what I am saying, you have repeatedly failed time and time again to do the same (others have managed it) I shall survive knowing that you don't like the opinion not have the ability to debate it properly

But thank you for admitting that you lost it some time ago, it is appreciated and also interesting to know that others have made the same points that I have made but you have chosen to ignore them so I appreciate as well that you value my opinion higher than theirs.

You may have the last word, I have made my point and today I do not have the patience levels that I had yesterday I just remember the famous old saying that I won't repeat for fear of offending

This post has been edited by an administrator
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024