Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dyer to Leicester 14:12 - Sep 1 with 26161 viewsperchrockjack

On loan.

Can t see the point of that.

Frankly, seems madness

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Dyer to Leicester on 15:47 - Sep 1 with 2727 viewslondonlisa2001

Dyer to Leicester on 15:44 - Sep 1 by jasper_T

"Wingers":
Montero
Ayew
Routledge
Emnes
Tabanou (only played one season as a LB, previously LW)
Barrow (back in October)
Hedges (looked good at Orient in league 1)
James (17 and tearing up the u21s, great prospect)

We're covered well considering we don't even need to play widemen.

The 25-man squad isn't something we desperately really need to fill up. Most teams don't unless they have european fixtures.

Sorry but I disagree.

If Nathan goes, we are a wide player short (or front / wide player perhaps).

We are no longer trying to 'stay in the league' - we are a serious team, and a serious team does not count Hedges and James as options. In fact, they probably don't count Emnes as an option other than as a good squad player.
Dyer to Leicester on 15:50 - Sep 1 with 2701 viewsUxbridge

Dyer to Leicester on 15:34 - Sep 1 by londonlisa2001

It's the last point that's the crucial one.

Surely we aren't allowing this without someone coming in today? And that is very unlike us, unless our cards are even closer to our chest than they usually are.

I just am a little concerned that he will go and no one will come in - I think it leaves us a little short (although I personally don't believe that he is any longer good enough, so if we are upgrading then fantastic).

We could bring Barrow back and it'd be a zero sum game for me. I'd like to see us get something exciting and whizzy in of course, but either way I couldn't see Dyer getting on the pitch unless we were down to the bones.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Dyer to Leicester on 15:59 - Sep 1 with 2623 viewslondonlisa2001

Dyer to Leicester on 15:50 - Sep 1 by Uxbridge

We could bring Barrow back and it'd be a zero sum game for me. I'd like to see us get something exciting and whizzy in of course, but either way I couldn't see Dyer getting on the pitch unless we were down to the bones.

Yes maybe we're just planning on Barrow.

I agree re pecking order by the way - I just think that Jeff will always be prone to injury (explosive pace players almost always are) and with Routs potentially starting then it doesn't leave many options from the bench.

I would bet we don't get something exciting and whizzy - deadline day has long been a let down on that front !

I just think we are leaving ourselves short.
Dyer to Leicester on 16:01 - Sep 1 with 2599 viewsUxbridge

Dyer to Leicester on 15:59 - Sep 1 by londonlisa2001

I agree re pecking order by the way - I just think that Jeff will always be prone to injury (explosive pace players almost always are) and with Routs potentially starting then it doesn't leave many options from the bench.

I would bet we don't get something exciting and whizzy - deadline day has long been a let down on that front !

So long as someone comes in today and he's on a level similar or better to Dyer then we're probably in the same position as we were a few hours ago, and I wasn't exactly worried then.

I know what you mean though ... we're rather reliant on our XI and our depth, while impressive in parts is less so in others.

Dyer to Leicester on 16:06 - Sep 1 with 2551 viewslondonlisa2001

Dyer to Leicester on 16:01 - Sep 1 by Uxbridge

So long as someone comes in today and he's on a level similar or better to Dyer then we're probably in the same position as we were a few hours ago, and I wasn't exactly worried then.

I know what you mean though ... we're rather reliant on our XI and our depth, while impressive in parts is less so in others.

I'm also happy if someone similar to Nathan comes in. I just think it's very odd if that doesn't happen and we let him go.

I was thinking yesterday, that if we had just one other really top wide player (Jeff standard), and one forward, then our squad would be unbelievable. (Both things could be just one player).

Midfield and at the back, I think our squad is wonderful.
Dyer to Leicester on 16:06 - Sep 1 with 2554 viewsLandore_Jack

Dyer to Leicester on 16:01 - Sep 1 by Uxbridge

The player we are currently linked with is Junior Hoilett. Is he better than Dyer?

#backtojack

Dyer to Leicester on 16:07 - Sep 1 with 2542 viewsmagicdaps10

Dyer to Leicester on 16:06 - Sep 1 by Landore_Jack

The player we are currently linked with is Junior Hoilett. Is he better than Dyer?

Cant be any worse than him at present.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Dyer to Leicester on 16:07 - Sep 1 with 2541 viewsdobjack2

Dyer to Leicester on 15:59 - Sep 1 by londonlisa2001

Agree with the above. It would however be strange to let one of our first team squad go without replacing them, even if the plan is to recall barrow in an emergancy. sky reporter at the ground says that we have no interest in hoilett and there is no release clause from the dyer loan.
Login to get fewer ads

Dyer to Leicester on 16:11 - Sep 1 with 2499 viewsLandore_Jack

Swansea City have rejected the chance to sign Junior Hoilett from QPR.

West London Sport revealed on Sunday that Hoilett had been made available on a free transfer along with Armand Traore ahead of the transfer deadline.

Hoilett, 25, wants to leave Loftus Road and Swansea previously showed some interest in the Canadian, as did a number of German clubs, but Rangers have been unable to offload him.

Head coach Chris Ramsey, despite refusing to name Hoilett, hinted that he did not want to select him for QPR again following his display in the recent League Cup defeat at home to Carlisle.

Hoilett has failed to impress since being signed from Blackburn in 2012 and has started just 47 league matches in his three years in west London.

He was impressive in the first few matches of the 2013/2014 campaign, prompting speculation that he could be snapped up by another club.

Hoilett has a £7m release clause in his contract and QPR would have accepted less, but no offers were made and both his form and market value have since deteriorated,

#backtojack

Dyer to Leicester on 16:11 - Sep 1 with 2497 viewsUxbridge

Dyer to Leicester on 16:07 - Sep 1 by magicdaps10

Cant be any worse than him at present.

Course he could. Given the QPR manager publicly criticising his attitude then he could be a lot worse. Time will tell of course

Dyer to Leicester on 16:27 - Sep 1 with 2376 viewsDr_Winston

Shipping Dyer out only makes sense if we're replacing him with someone better. If we're not replacing him at all then that'd be silly.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Dyer to Leicester on 16:35 - Sep 1 with 2311 viewslondonlisa2001

Dyer to Leicester on 16:27 - Sep 1 by Dr_Winston

Shipping Dyer out only makes sense if we're replacing him with someone better. If we're not replacing him at all then that'd be silly.

Exactly my view.
Dyer to Leicester on 16:41 - Sep 1 with 2255 viewsmonmouth

Dyer to Leicester on 14:26 - Sep 1 by MattG

Am I so blinded by my hatred of QPR that I can't see what's so great about Hoilett?

Nope. I reckon he's dogsh1t. Worse, expensive, disruptive, highlights reel dogsh1t. There still can't be any numpties around that believe there is such a thing as a 'free transfer' surely? If we sign him, happy to be proved wrong again, obviously.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Dyer to Leicester on 16:42 - Sep 1 with 2247 viewsLandore_Jack

Dyer to Leicester on 16:35 - Sep 1 by londonlisa2001

Exactly my view.

A recall option may have been added into the contract.

#backtojack

Dyer to Leicester on 16:43 - Sep 1 with 2239 viewsmidswan

Surely unlikely to get someone 'better' ? With Jeff and Ayew seemingly 1st choice who's going to come , better than Nath, to be a squad man ?
Unlikely.
I suspect the club thing we have enough in place without him ( if he goes of course )
Dyer to Leicester on 16:44 - Sep 1 with 2212 viewslondonlisa2001

Dyer to Leicester on 16:42 - Sep 1 by Landore_Jack

A recall option may have been added into the contract.

Sky are saying there isn't, for what it's worth.
Dyer to Leicester on 16:47 - Sep 1 with 2191 viewslondonlisa2001

Dyer to Leicester on 16:43 - Sep 1 by midswan

Surely unlikely to get someone 'better' ? With Jeff and Ayew seemingly 1st choice who's going to come , better than Nath, to be a squad man ?
Unlikely.
I suspect the club thing we have enough in place without him ( if he goes of course )

I think that Jeff will spend at least 1 in 4 or 5 games injured - just given the type of player he is.

That's a lot of games for a player coming in to focus on.

Ideally I'd love a front / wide player who can play both. I suspect my deadline dreams will be cruelly crushed though
Dyer to Leicester on 16:50 - Sep 1 with 2155 viewsmonmouth

Unless some games and a break from routine freshens him up and we get a better player back around Xmastime (haven't seen the terms of the loan)? Tend to agree though, even though Ayew isn't really a right winger in his playing style, so maybe GM figures we don't need trad wingers both sides or Routs is sufficient cover. I'm sure it will have all been thought through (!).

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Dyer to Leicester on 17:15 - Sep 1 with 2006 viewsicecoldjack

Dyer to Leicester on 15:30 - Sep 1 by jasper_T

You realise that the points those teams gain have to come from other teams, right? By strengthening smaller sides we may weaken our direct rivals.

If Dyer makes Leicester a better team, then we should finish above them, even if they're on fire at the moment.

Anyone below Spurs,Liverpool,Man Utd, Chelsea and Man city is a direct rival to us, not sure what you mean by smaller teams but the premier league is pretty equal below the top 6 a few wins here or there could have a bearing on where we finish and of course how much money we make .

Did we learn nothing from the Ki situation ?

As i see it, if Dyer does really well for leicester then it's possible they could finish above us and cost us a few million quid.

Nobody knows how the league will pan out after 4 games so IMO it's better to have our players at the Swans rather than on loan to another premier league team, i could understand if we sent a player on loan abroad like we did with Michu but apart from sentimentality to Dyer i see no logic in it, business wise or football wise .

Nobody knows who our "direct rivals " are yet, it's far too early to call it.

I would compare it with Spurs loaning Liverpool a player or Chelsea loaning man city a player, that doesn't happen often if at all, and there is a reason why too!
Dyer to Leicester on 17:27 - Sep 1 with 1926 viewsPrivate_Partz

Dyer to Leicester on 17:15 - Sep 1 by icecoldjack

Anyone below Spurs,Liverpool,Man Utd, Chelsea and Man city is a direct rival to us, not sure what you mean by smaller teams but the premier league is pretty equal below the top 6 a few wins here or there could have a bearing on where we finish and of course how much money we make .

Did we learn nothing from the Ki situation ?

As i see it, if Dyer does really well for leicester then it's possible they could finish above us and cost us a few million quid.

Nobody knows how the league will pan out after 4 games so IMO it's better to have our players at the Swans rather than on loan to another premier league team, i could understand if we sent a player on loan abroad like we did with Michu but apart from sentimentality to Dyer i see no logic in it, business wise or football wise .

Nobody knows who our "direct rivals " are yet, it's far too early to call it.

I would compare it with Spurs loaning Liverpool a player or Chelsea loaning man city a player, that doesn't happen often if at all, and there is a reason why too!

I agree with this. It is disappointing to see him go to a rival. Especially as he looked considerably better than Routs when he played against York.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Dyer to Leicester on 17:28 - Sep 1 with 1917 viewsFlashberryjack

That's exactly how I see it, even though I've been saying for a long time that Nathan is well past his best, but to send him out on loan without getting a replacement in doesn't make sense to me other than it being a money saving exercise.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Dyer to Leicester on 17:29 - Sep 1 with 1909 viewsgiantstoneater

Too good a player for us to loan out to Leicester get the prayer mats that Ayew doesn't get injured I suppose our options would then recall Barrow, play Routledge on the right (he is ineffective at the moment in his chosen role!) Also we've used Rangel out there. Can Montero play there? Hoillet not sure he would be good for us although we are supposedly not interested what's his character like? People are advocating we play a diamond but then when we need a plan b we will need Nathan he brings balance to the squad and is proven at this level.
Dyer to Leicester on 17:29 - Sep 1 with 1903 viewsperchrockjack

well, its pissed me off to be honest.

N

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Dyer to Leicester on 17:37 - Sep 1 with 1829 viewspencoedjack

Dyer to Leicester on 17:38 - Sep 1 with 1817 viewsOldjack

Dyer to Leicester on 17:29 - Sep 1 by perchrockjack

well, its pissed me off to be honest.

N

Not me ,he's been poor for some considerable time now and that's a fact ,i cant see him getting much game time at Leicester either ,should have moved to a championship team

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024