Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garry Monk 16:20 - Jan 8 with 7615 viewsveritas

I'm not sure he is the right long-term manager for us. I've watched the swans for a while now and we seem to be going backwards in the quality of our football and some tactical decisions leave a lot to be desired.

I look at Monk and I see a coach, I don't see a manager. I hope I'm proved wrong but I can't see us moving forward with Monk and the attacking passing football will be a thing of the past if we don't watch it.
Garry Monk on 16:25 - Jan 8 with 3814 viewsNeath_Jack

Only time will tell. One thing that can't be argued, is that he has given us our best start to a Premier League season since we got here.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Garry Monk on 16:27 - Jan 8 with 3798 viewsJethroJack

Garry Monk on 16:29 - Jan 8 with 3780 viewsSweyns_Eye

As we lie 9th in the current Premier League table, is going backwards under Garry Monk the new way forward? Or should we play really attractive attacking play like under Roberto and lie in 13th with their fans being exasperated? Is this what you want?

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

Garry Monk on 16:46 - Jan 8 with 3688 viewsfootball2301

its not april yet
Garry Monk on 17:37 - Jan 8 with 3590 viewsWxmJax

Welcome to PLANET SWANS veritas.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Garry Monk on 17:41 - Jan 8 with 3562 viewsexiledclaseboy

Garry Monk on 17:37 - Jan 8 by WxmJax

Welcome back you mean. He's a bona fide site legend under a new name. Excellent poster too, even though I rarely agree with him.

Poll: Tory leader

Garry Monk on 17:44 - Jan 8 with 3548 viewsDr_Winston

Garry Monk on 17:41 - Jan 8 by exiledclaseboy

Welcome back you mean. He's a bona fide site legend under a new name. Excellent poster too, even though I rarely agree with him.

He'll be off again soon.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Garry Monk on 17:48 - Jan 8 with 3527 viewsskippyjack

Garry Monk on 17:44 - Jan 8 by Dr_Winston

He'll be off again soon.

Especially when politics kick off

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Login to get fewer ads

Garry Monk on 17:53 - Jan 8 with 3489 viewsOldjack

Garry Monk on 17:41 - Jan 8 by exiledclaseboy

Monty ?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Garry Monk on 17:54 - Jan 8 with 3477 viewsApeShit

Garry Monk on 16:29 - Jan 8 by Sweyns_Eye

As we lie 9th in the current Premier League table, is going backwards under Garry Monk the new way forward? Or should we play really attractive attacking play like under Roberto and lie in 13th with their fans being exasperated? Is this what you want?

Like Sousa?
Garry Monk on 17:54 - Jan 8 with 3483 viewsskippyjack

Garry Monk on 17:53 - Jan 8 by Oldjack

Monty ?

Rockin

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Garry Monk on 18:02 - Jan 8 with 3456 viewsshandyjack

Poll: Expectation for the season

Garry Monk on 18:10 - Jan 8 with 3416 viewsmonmouth

Thought Monks interview today was excellent. He is clearly a 'manager' not a 'coach'. Whether he is a 'leader' only time will tell.

His commitment to the club and his ethic is, to my mind, exactly what we should look for in a long term manager. if he continues to learn, then he can only get better. Remember he has virtually zilch experience at the moment and we sit in the top ten. The reason he won't be a long term manager for us I suspect, will be the same reason that Martinez and Rodgers weren't.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Garry Monk on 19:55 - Jan 8 with 3236 viewsClinton

I'm happier with the performances now than I was a year ago. The jury is still out, but time to take stock is at the end of the season methinks.
To me he looks like a 'manager' rather than a 'coach' to be honest. I could see us needing to beef up the technical side of the coaching under Monk as the top man.
Lets face it he's learned a heck of a lot in a short time. His handling of the media improves visibly by the week.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Garry Monk on 20:09 - Jan 8 with 3193 viewsveritas

Garry Monk on 17:37 - Jan 8 by WxmJax

Thank you for the kind welcome.

In answer to others I'm not trying to provoke. I am genuinely concerned about where we're going, I don't dislike Garry personally I have a lot of time for him and would want him on the coaching staff.

I do however have concerns about him in the longer term, teams are working us out. The point about passing wasn't just about it being more aesthetically pleasing, it is about our niche and our survival. We don't have the resources like many other clubs and that's what has set us apart and helped our club grow.
Garry Monk on 20:11 - Jan 8 with 3170 viewsymaohyd

Garry Monk on 20:09 - Jan 8 by veritas

In answer to others I'm not trying to provoke. I am genuinely concerned about where we're going, I don't dislike Garry personally I have a lot of time for him and would want him on the coaching staff.

I do however have concerns about him in the longer term, teams are working us out. The point about passing wasn't just about it being more aesthetically pleasing, it is about our niche and our survival. We don't have the resources like many other clubs and that's what has set us apart and helped our club grow.

I think you need to go back to CCMB.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Garry Monk on 20:13 - Jan 8 with 3160 viewsmonmouth

Oh no, please don't tell me we've ben worked out AGAIN.

Third time in the PL alone. Drat and double drat.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Garry Monk on 20:15 - Jan 8 with 3150 viewsveritas

Garry Monk on 20:11 - Jan 8 by ymaohyd

I think you need to go back to CCMB.

Is Garry Monk the President of North Korea?
Garry Monk on 20:16 - Jan 8 with 3143 viewsClinton

The passing game served us well, especially in the first season when it seemed to bamboozle everyone. It enabled us to stay up.
Maybe, just maybe, the pure passing to retain possession and stop the other side getting the ball has been worked out by other clubs who either
- press high to stop us passing it around
- sit deep and let us pass it around in front of them without us having penetration

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Garry Monk on 20:17 - Jan 8 with 3129 viewsveritas

Garry Monk on 20:16 - Jan 8 by Clinton

The passing game served us well, especially in the first season when it seemed to bamboozle everyone. It enabled us to stay up.
Maybe, just maybe, the pure passing to retain possession and stop the other side getting the ball has been worked out by other clubs who either
- press high to stop us passing it around
- sit deep and let us pass it around in front of them without us having penetration

You have to adapt it and be flexible not abandon it.

I wouldn't advocate keeping the ball for the sake of it.
Garry Monk on 20:18 - Jan 8 with 3127 viewsymaohyd

I might as well take the bait.

I'm not quite sure what the fu*k people expect or who the fu*K people think we are?!

Is Garry Monk going to be a great visionary, a great innovator...possibly on a scale of the likes of Rodgers or Martinez?..No!

Is he going to be the next Mourinho?...No!

Does he give 100% Does he know the club inside out YES, is he likely to fu*k o in the next 3 years unless sacked..NO.

Has he got us into the best position we've been in so far..YES.

Other than that, not sure what people really expect!!!

Garry Monk on 20:22 - Jan 8 with 3099 viewsveritas

Garry Monk on 20:18 - Jan 8 by ymaohyd

I might as well take the bait.

I'm not quite sure what the fu*k people expect or who the fu*K people think we are?!

Is Garry Monk going to be a great visionary, a great innovator...possibly on a scale of the likes of Rodgers or Martinez?..No!

Is he going to be the next Mourinho?...No!

Does he give 100% Does he know the club inside out YES, is he likely to fu*k o in the next 3 years unless sacked..NO.

Has he got us into the best position we've been in so far..YES.

Other than that, not sure what people really expect!!!

That's what I like to see, ambition.[no sarcasm intended honestly]

In answer to your point about, is he likely to go forth and multiply over the next 3 years?

I agree, as he is unlikely to get admiring glances.

If on the other hand he does move us forward of course he will leave.

Best position?

Yes but Paulo Sousa took us a long way up the league and many could see deeper problems.

Just saying.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2015 20:25]
Garry Monk on 20:25 - Jan 8 with 3087 viewsymaohyd

Garry Monk on 20:22 - Jan 8 by veritas

That's what I like to see, ambition.[no sarcasm intended honestly]

In answer to your point about, is he likely to go forth and multiply over the next 3 years?

I agree, as he is unlikely to get admiring glances.

If on the other hand he does move us forward of course he will leave.

Best position?

Yes but Paulo Sousa took us a long way up the league and many could see deeper problems.

Just saying.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2015 20:25]

Fuc* off back to the CCMB

Garry Monk on 20:26 - Jan 8 with 3082 viewsveritas

Garry Monk on 16:29 - Jan 8 by Sweyns_Eye

9th playing crap

or 13th playing awesome.

13th all day long
Garry Monk on 20:36 - Jan 8 with 3035 viewsveritas

Garry Monk on 20:25 - Jan 8 by ymaohyd

Fuc* off back to the CCMB

Why are you asking me to foxtrot oscar back to a Cardiff messageboard? I'm a Swans fan, why would I do that.

Thanks for your comments by the way I appreciate your feedback.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024