Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic 12:17 - Jan 4 with 53811 viewsexiledclaseboy

Apparently. Cue a few days of outraged reaction until Oldham change their mind.

Poll: Tory leader

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 16:13 - Jan 7 with 1636 viewsParlay

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 15:56 - Jan 7 by londonlisa2001

Interesting. Perhaps the publishers of other websites or newspapers etc should stop worrying about action being taken against them, since presumably the Daily Mail doesn't have individual signed copies saying 'Lord Rothermere' at the bottom either.

Your continued and unwavering support for him is also interesting.

We arent talking about technicalities lisa, this is a human case. You are putting this hounding of the girl at ched evans door due to the technicality of culpable law. Whether he was not the one to do it seems irrelevant to you.

That is not unwavering support, that is seeing things for what they are, a family supporting a member they feel has been wrongly accused of rape. Thats not evans' fault though, unless he has hypnotised them to do as he says. Wouldnt be surprised if that is the next of his crimes.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 16:14 - Jan 7 with 1636 viewsUxbridge

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 15:20 - Jan 7 by londonlisa2001

what about the far more dangerous hounding that his family and supporters have given to the girl in question including publishing video footage of her on his website (without permission)?

She's moved 5 times now because they keep making public her address and her identity. What's he had - a few newspaper articles and social media criticism - haven't noticed him having to move.

I didn't realise this. How hasn't anyone been arrested over that? Completely unacceptable.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 16:17 - Jan 7 with 1619 viewslondonlisa2001

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 16:05 - Jan 7 by Uxbridge

It's all a bit grey though isn't it, or is that just me?

There's no hard and fast rule in terms of what it takes somebody to get drunk. Hell I could have one day where one pint will have the same affect as 6 would. As you say it's a very subjective thing so it's difficult to see where that tipping point would be.

I'm not seeking to defend Evans at all, he seems a total horror, and to be honest my point is about the law in general rather than this case. It's the "too drunk to consent" thing that makes me a little nervous, and I suspect that's the case for 80% of this board that would still be virgins if the other party wasn't very drunk (the other 20% still not finding anyone drunk enough )
[Post edited 7 Jan 2015 16:07]

It is grey - hence why the conviction rate for rape is very low (and that is also taking into account that many reported cases are never prosecuted).

In this case, it seems that the girl has absolutely no memory at all after getting into a cab (and there was quite extensive medical testimony as I understand it). The conviction was, it seems, made on a combination of the testimony of the night clerk at the hotel (who interestingly went to stand outside the room to see if he could hear anything because he was worried about her - wouldn't think that happens very often), the CCTV (of which only 1 bit is in circulation because the other CCTV footage apparently shows a very different picture so the chedevans website hasn't put that up), and crucially the testimony of the two blokes themselves.
Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 16:19 - Jan 7 with 1610 viewslondonlisa2001

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 16:14 - Jan 7 by Uxbridge

I didn't realise this. How hasn't anyone been arrested over that? Completely unacceptable.

it's being investigated at the moment.
Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 16:20 - Jan 7 with 1606 viewsfbreath

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 15:43 - Jan 7 by Parlay

So its phils fault that someone was wishing people dead the other day?

Ill let him know.

In UK law the owner of the website is responsible for what appears on their website.
It is up to the owner to moderate their site.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 16:21 - Jan 7 with 1604 viewsParlay

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 16:09 - Jan 7 by londonlisa2001

Oh right - he must be innocent then. What a shame that the jury, court and court of appeals disagree eh?

And would you do your web site in the same way?
Would you also post up illegally obtained footage (only selected footage of course, nothing that shows you in a bad light like other CCTV evidence - don't want that up there). And what about texts - would you post the text itself or would you change the wording a bit to make you look like less of a sleazy git? And what about the victim? Would you publish details (indeed video) of her despite the law (which you are so keen on) saying that she is guaranteed lifelong privacy? And make sure that your family and mates put it out all over social media that she had a new name and was living in a new town?

What about stuff that she'd put on facebook months after the event and with no proven connection to the case - would you try to make sure that everyone thought it had been done straight away and was linked? And would you continue to leak stories that the girl is 'after money' even when every media outlet in the UK have categorically stated that she has never approached them and has turned down several big money offers?

Hell of a strategy. Makes me wonder why with bother with the legal system - what we should have is a case presented by your mates and family and then people can decide from that. Obviously, we'll let them just tell the bits they want to, because anything else would be just 'rampant feminism' and missing the whole point of the fact that 'lads' want to have a good time on occasion and if they get into a bit of bother well that's all just 'banter' isn't it?

I didnt say he was innocent due to that, i am making the point that if i were innocent then id want to do the same to clear my name.

A court and appeals panel turned found a woman guilty of killing her child not far from me in Australia, she was sent to prison for years and years. She was released recently as they found evidence that a dingo took the child. From the evidence we are discussing, the case sounds like an absolute farce.

Back to the website - Are you asking me this as an innocent man where i feel someone has sent me to prison wrongfully? And thus ruining my life until i can clear my name? If so, yes i probably would.

Change details? No. Can you show me some evidence of this? That would be interesting.

Forum celebrity

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 16:23 - Jan 7 with 1596 viewslondonlisa2001

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 16:13 - Jan 7 by Parlay

We arent talking about technicalities lisa, this is a human case. You are putting this hounding of the girl at ched evans door due to the technicality of culpable law. Whether he was not the one to do it seems irrelevant to you.

That is not unwavering support, that is seeing things for what they are, a family supporting a member they feel has been wrongly accused of rape. Thats not evans' fault though, unless he has hypnotised them to do as he says. Wouldnt be surprised if that is the next of his crimes.

alternative to the hypnosis theory of course he could tell them to stop it.

And the website is his own website - that's not a technicality. It's being done in his name. And if he disagreed with what the website was doing, he presumably wouldn't put up self serving interviews 'exclusively' on it nor would he accept the funding.

Pointless continuing the discussion - you've made your view point quite clear.
Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 16:24 - Jan 7 with 1588 viewsParlay

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 16:20 - Jan 7 by fbreath

In UK law the owner of the website is responsible for what appears on their website.
It is up to the owner to moderate their site.

Yes thats a technicality though.

What lisa is doing is blaming ched for hounding the woman, which is like me blaming phil for wishing people dead.

Yes under the law he is responsible for what goes in a website registered to him but that would be the crime and not indeed that he is hounding the woman.

Forum celebrity

Login to get fewer ads

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 16:29 - Jan 7 with 1577 viewsParlay

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 16:23 - Jan 7 by londonlisa2001

alternative to the hypnosis theory of course he could tell them to stop it.

And the website is his own website - that's not a technicality. It's being done in his name. And if he disagreed with what the website was doing, he presumably wouldn't put up self serving interviews 'exclusively' on it nor would he accept the funding.

Pointless continuing the discussion - you've made your view point quite clear.

He clearly feels he is innocent. If a family member posted a CCTV clip showing a girl supposed to be too drunk to consent being completely fine then i wouldn't want them to take it down. Doesn't mean i was behind it though.

Of course it is a technicality. You are blaming someone for something on a human level and taking it to a technicality to bash him with it. Just like phil hasnt wished anyone dead, ched hasnt hounded anyone - not stopping others from doing it, id accept.

Oh yes my view is clear as day, it seems a bit of a sham.

Forum celebrity

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 16:29 - Jan 7 with 1576 viewslondonlisa2001

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 16:21 - Jan 7 by Parlay

I didnt say he was innocent due to that, i am making the point that if i were innocent then id want to do the same to clear my name.

A court and appeals panel turned found a woman guilty of killing her child not far from me in Australia, she was sent to prison for years and years. She was released recently as they found evidence that a dingo took the child. From the evidence we are discussing, the case sounds like an absolute farce.

Back to the website - Are you asking me this as an innocent man where i feel someone has sent me to prison wrongfully? And thus ruining my life until i can clear my name? If so, yes i probably would.

Change details? No. Can you show me some evidence of this? That would be interesting.

again - the transcript of the actual texts sent is available on the court documentation.

I find it almost unbelievable that you comment so extensively on a case where you haven't read the documentation of facts surrounding the case (as opposed to the web site evidence from him).

Why don't you read the detailed summary of the case and the failed appeals etc before forming your view? It's a fairly good place to start if you want to understand what the case is about.
Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 16:37 - Jan 7 with 1551 viewsParlay

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 16:29 - Jan 7 by londonlisa2001

again - the transcript of the actual texts sent is available on the court documentation.

I find it almost unbelievable that you comment so extensively on a case where you haven't read the documentation of facts surrounding the case (as opposed to the web site evidence from him).

Why don't you read the detailed summary of the case and the failed appeals etc before forming your view? It's a fairly good place to start if you want to understand what the case is about.

This isnt a battle of the minds, gameshow style. I am not a Ched Evans activist and thus do not have the inclination to go into study regarding the case. This is, as i thought, was a discussion about opposing views rather than an exchange between Ched Evans case scholars.

Ive not followed the case, i only discovered his website yesterday after you discussed it (putting it to me that my opinion was formed from it, strange after not even knowing of its existence).

If you are not happy in discussing the case with someone who is open minded that hasn't spend the last 2 years going over every case note then a football forum debate probably isn't for you.

On the evidence you have presented, someone who seemingly has read the notes, then it seems an absolute sham of a case. I have asked you to substantiate what you are saying and you have seemingly refused to, telling me to research it myself. Thats not really the manner or spirit a debate should be held in.

Nothing you have said, suggests he is guilty other than a jury finding him so. But even the most one eyed anti ched campaigner, you for example, know that isnt necessarily telling when you look through history.

Im here simply asking for any sort of evidence, solid not circumstantial, that ched raped the girl. So far we have nothing.

Forum celebrity

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 16:39 - Jan 7 with 1548 viewsItchySphincter

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 14:13 - Jan 7 by Parlay

Nobody has claimed that, not sure what you are talking about.

If her drink was spiked. Toxology report would have shown it and neither man would have walked away from jail time and ched certainly would have been sentenced to the minimum possible. So her drink clearly wasn't spiked.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2015 14:16]

That wasn't the point and you know it. Also a bit rich editing your post to that extent after criticising Lisa for moving a comma yesterday.

Look, I agree to disagree with you on this as there appear to be two schools of thought prevalent on this.

One, that I subscribe to, is that are justice system in the main is trustworty and efficient. Until in the event of an appeal it's overturned the conviction stands and he is a convicted rapist. If it's overturned he'll still be a slimy git but his slate should be wiped clean.

The other is that she's a bit of a slag and she's made it up. He can't possibly of done it and there's been a miscarriage of justice although at the moment there doesn't seem to be any new evidence to suggest that is the case.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 16:44 - Jan 7 with 1535 viewsParlay

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 16:39 - Jan 7 by ItchySphincter

That wasn't the point and you know it. Also a bit rich editing your post to that extent after criticising Lisa for moving a comma yesterday.

Look, I agree to disagree with you on this as there appear to be two schools of thought prevalent on this.

One, that I subscribe to, is that are justice system in the main is trustworty and efficient. Until in the event of an appeal it's overturned the conviction stands and he is a convicted rapist. If it's overturned he'll still be a slimy git but his slate should be wiped clean.

The other is that she's a bit of a slag and she's made it up. He can't possibly of done it and there's been a miscarriage of justice although at the moment there doesn't seem to be any new evidence to suggest that is the case.

I know nothing of the sort. I didnt understand the point you were making, simple as that. Still dont.

I didnt criticise anyone of moving a comma. Lisa stated something which meant two completely differing things depending on where she placed the punctuation. I took it as what it said and answered it accordingly, she then told me that she didnt mean it that way, and explained how the punctuation shows why i should have known - yet changed it to what she should have written it as in her explanation defeating the object... I simply factually stated that given the punctuation, i was only ever going to read it one way.

I dont think that is the two schools of thought at all. There was nothing to make up, she didnt accuse ched of rape.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2015 16:45]

Forum celebrity

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 16:49 - Jan 7 with 1525 viewsJBT95

www.change.org/p/mr-simon-corney-oldham-athletic-association-football-club-sign-footballer-chedwyn-evans?recruiter=92251152

Petition here for those who think he should be able to return to football.

I have signed it.

Sorry if a ferdy.
Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 16:54 - Jan 7 with 1520 viewsDarran

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 16:49 - Jan 7 by JBT95

www.change.org/p/mr-simon-corney-oldham-athletic-association-football-club-sign-footballer-chedwyn-evans?recruiter=92251152

Petition here for those who think he should be able to return to football.

I have signed it.

Sorry if a ferdy.

Do you fancy him or summin? Weird f*ck.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 17:03 - Jan 7 with 1495 viewsreddythered

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 16:54 - Jan 7 by Darran

Doesn't matter if he fancies Ched or not, Ched can have any fanboi he wants, to paraphrase his statement to the police.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 17:04 - Jan 7 with 1489 viewsJBT95

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 16:54 - Jan 7 by Darran

I just think it is disgusting what he is going through when there are many other professional people out there, not just footballers but others too, who have committed crimes of a serious nature. Why was the PM commenting on it? Why was somebody in the police? Absolute joke.

And no I don't fancy him.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2015 17:05]
Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 17:08 - Jan 7 with 1473 viewsParlay

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 17:03 - Jan 7 by reddythered

Doesn't matter if he fancies Ched or not, Ched can have any fanboi he wants, to paraphrase his statement to the police.

You can see what he meant by that. He is a rich young footballer, he doesn't need to rape women to get them.

A very young comment indeed, granted. But to fail to get the reason he said it as opposed to a flippant big headed remark would be a mistake.

Forum celebrity

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 17:12 - Jan 7 with 1466 viewsskippyjack

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 17:04 - Jan 7 by JBT95

I just think it is disgusting what he is going through when there are many other professional people out there, not just footballers but others too, who have committed crimes of a serious nature. Why was the PM commenting on it? Why was somebody in the police? Absolute joke.

You have a lot to learn JBT

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 17:35 - Jan 7 with 1442 viewsraynor94

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 17:04 - Jan 7 by JBT95

Your opinion has nothing to do with him being Welsh, and would you support him in a Welsh shirt?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 17:37 - Jan 7 with 1434 viewslondonlisa2001

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 17:08 - Jan 7 by Parlay

You can see what he meant by that. He is a rich young footballer, he doesn't need to rape women to get them.

A very young comment indeed, granted. But to fail to get the reason he said it as opposed to a flippant big headed remark would be a mistake.

"You can see what he meant by that. He is a rich young footballer, he doesn't need to rape women to get them. "

And that, in a nutshell, shows that you have absolutely no idea.

You'd think, being such a 'rich young footballer' that he would be able to 'get women' (as you so charmingly put it) by you know, actually meeting them first, wouldn't you, rather than by letting himself into their room uninvited when they are out of it.
Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 17:39 - Jan 7 with 1429 viewsOldjack

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ched-evans-oldham-athl

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 17:41 - Jan 7 with 1420 viewsJBT95

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 17:35 - Jan 7 by raynor94

Your opinion has nothing to do with him being Welsh, and would you support him in a Welsh shirt?

Well obviously he is Welsh and yes I probably am more biased because he is, as I have seen him play and supported him pre-May 2011.

But I do think the circus surrounding him is obscene at the moment and that is what I am more interested in.

I personally don't think he will play for Wales again, at least not in the near future the way things are at the moment.
Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 17:42 - Jan 7 with 1412 viewsKilkennyjack

No for wales,100 per cent.

Beware of the Risen People

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 17:42 - Jan 7 with 1412 viewsJBT95

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 17:12 - Jan 7 by skippyjack

You have a lot to learn JBT

Yes I probably have but there are far too many people in the public domain commenting on this that shouldn't be.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024