Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The future of SCFC 09:32 - Nov 11 with 42108 views_

Can we start a thread to get some structure at the meeting night before West Ham. I'm not going to the game and won't be in the country that weekend and I've also heard the Q&A session can be a bit ad hoc let's say. Dav and ARQS have asked some serious questions.

Do you think it's possible for the ones going to go in ready with structured questions?

I wouldn't necessarily want these questions on a public forum but I'm sure anyone that wants something answered can get their questions to the Trust people or the ones attending that night.

That would only take just a little organising and a panel could decide the best say 10 questions to take to Leigh and Huw. I'm sure someone at the event could also set up a video link or at least record it?
[Post edited 13 Dec 2014 15:26]

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:17 - Dec 10 with 1694 views_

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:11 - Dec 10 by Darran

Since Uxbridge has been on the Trust board he's become Uxswizz.

There has been a noticeable change of "heart" from many who were very vociferous previously!

Where is Westx and Moscowjack by the way? You'd have thought they would have been all over that forum? Nick?

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:20 - Dec 10 with 1673 viewsUxbridge

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:12 - Dec 10 by _

Oh yeah so they're going to sell it for cheap now are they?

One minute we can't compete financially the next there's a possibility to buy the stadium??

That's more than just "politics" And....

All depends on the deal surely?

It's no secret Swansea Council are selling things off. County Hall is on the list for one. Things change.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:20 - Dec 10 with 1673 viewsNOTRAC

Let's be honest about it .Jenkins is selling his shares and making a fortune. The Americans are buying the Stadium from the council.
The Trust are getting nothing.
Eventually the whole lot will be sold off and the Americans will make a fortune.
And by that time the Trust involvement will have been watered down so that their influence almost disappears.
The sound of what we are being told stinks more and more.
People that we once trusted can smell massive money and they really couldn't care a shit.
The Trust are only concerned in retaining their 21% which now and in the long term means bug gar all.
Unfortunately the Trust can't see it.
It is time to call an Extraordinary meeting of the Trust as soon as possible!!!

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:21 - Dec 10 with 1667 viewslondonlisa2001

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 15:16 - Dec 10 by jackonicko

Any thoughts on what was said, now you've had it?

I'm sending you an invoice at my hourly rate by the way. Perchie will be on to me next for using the internet at work :)

A shortish thought that I have after reading that.

i don't believe that the board are united. This bears out what I already believed. I believe that motivations on the board are not the same. Again this is consistent with other things I have heard.

The person that one would expect to be the friend of the Trust is probably not. But I do believe that the Trust has a friend on the board (and again I have also thought that for some time as well).

All this may be very wrong of course.
The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:21 - Dec 10 with 1663 viewsUxbridge

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:16 - Dec 10 by londonlisa2001

to be fair - I'm not sure that's actually the case though.

The council are no more likely or not to sell now than 6 months ago - they've been skint for ages and there has always been a price at which they would sell.

this is a change of tack from the club, it seems, rather than the council.

You can't pick up the local paper without talk of them selling something else off. To say this isn't at least partly due to the change of view of the council doesn't make sense to me.

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:22 - Dec 10 with 1688 viewsUxbridge

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:11 - Dec 10 by Darran

Since Uxbridge has been on the Trust board he's become Uxswizz.

Aw bless. And you wonder why I'd given up with this place. It's gone to pot for ages, and you're the main reason.

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:23 - Dec 10 with 1686 views_

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:20 - Dec 10 by Uxbridge

All depends on the deal surely?

It's no secret Swansea Council are selling things off. County Hall is on the list for one. Things change.

No And, that's bollox.

Selling off they maybe but buying we weren't.... at least not all along. They're not going to sell it for less than they paid for it for one are they, and that you'd think would be well out of the clubs budget.

This is all very worrying....

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:23 - Dec 10 with 1684 viewsUxbridge

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:17 - Dec 10 by _

There has been a noticeable change of "heart" from many who were very vociferous previously!

Where is Westx and Moscowjack by the way? You'd have thought they would have been all over that forum? Nick?

Out of interest, what have I changed my views on?

Login to get fewer ads

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:24 - Dec 10 with 1675 viewsUxbridge

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:23 - Dec 10 by _

No And, that's bollox.

Selling off they maybe but buying we weren't.... at least not all along. They're not going to sell it for less than they paid for it for one are they, and that you'd think would be well out of the clubs budget.

This is all very worrying....

I'm renting a house. I think it's going to cost me £300k to buy it. The owner comes along and says I can buy it for £100k.

What changes? My view or the sellers?

Edit - Worrying or not very much depends on the details, and given HJ's comments were that this is still very much in the draft stages, such details will be thin on the ground. I'm not against the club owning the stadium though, quite the opposite in fact, if only because there'd then be no Stadco to hide behind.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2014 17:28]

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:27 - Dec 10 with 1660 viewslondonlisa2001

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:21 - Dec 10 by Uxbridge

You can't pick up the local paper without talk of them selling something else off. To say this isn't at least partly due to the change of view of the council doesn't make sense to me.

no I know that.

But there has always been an understanding on the stadium - for years at least.

And they aren't selling off quite as much as the Post would have everyone believe. Unless something has changed very very recently (and I mean in the past few months ish) most of the stuff about County Hall is just nonsense.
The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:27 - Dec 10 with 1660 views_

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:20 - Dec 10 by NOTRAC

Let's be honest about it .Jenkins is selling his shares and making a fortune. The Americans are buying the Stadium from the council.
Eventually the whole lot will be sold off and the Americans will make a fortune.
And by that time the Trust involvement will have been watered down so that their influence almost disappears.
People that we once trusted can smell massive money and they really couldn't care a shit.
The Trust are only concerned in retaining their 21% which now and in the long term means bug gar all.

I totally agree with all this, 100%!!!

At this very moment in time I trust nobody at all. I don't think the fan's have a friend on the board as Lisa has just stated. I think there's lots going on behind closed doors and who stands to line their pockets is anybody's business.

The Trust set up is all wrong.

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:28 - Dec 10 with 1649 views_

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:24 - Dec 10 by Uxbridge

I'm renting a house. I think it's going to cost me £300k to buy it. The owner comes along and says I can buy it for £100k.

What changes? My view or the sellers?

Edit - Worrying or not very much depends on the details, and given HJ's comments were that this is still very much in the draft stages, such details will be thin on the ground. I'm not against the club owning the stadium though, quite the opposite in fact, if only because there'd then be no Stadco to hide behind.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2014 17:28]

What changes is where you're getting the money from now, Andrew?

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:29 - Dec 10 with 1642 viewsUxbridge

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:27 - Dec 10 by londonlisa2001

no I know that.

But there has always been an understanding on the stadium - for years at least.

And they aren't selling off quite as much as the Post would have everyone believe. Unless something has changed very very recently (and I mean in the past few months ish) most of the stuff about County Hall is just nonsense.

Apart from the change of leadership in the last couple of months?

I'm led to believe there's quite the change of thinking down there, and this isn't something I've heard from anyone associated with the football side.

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:29 - Dec 10 with 1641 viewslondonlisa2001

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:27 - Dec 10 by _

I totally agree with all this, 100%!!!

At this very moment in time I trust nobody at all. I don't think the fan's have a friend on the board as Lisa has just stated. I think there's lots going on behind closed doors and who stands to line their pockets is anybody's business.

The Trust set up is all wrong.

I agree re the closed doors bit. Bit I do believe that the Trust has a friend (look, I'm not saying they will do anything to protect the Trust but I believe that they do care about it).

Oh, and I don't agree with the NOTRAC post 100% - I believe a lot of it, but in my opinion, he's got the name wrong.
The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:31 - Dec 10 with 1633 viewsUxbridge

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:28 - Dec 10 by _

What changes is where you're getting the money from now, Andrew?

It would indeed. And if the club were getting into debt to buy the stadium I would share your concerns. However there are many other ways that deal could be structured to avoid that scenario, which is why I would wait for the details before saying this is a bad thing.

We're going to have to go into debt for any stadium expansion though. That will never be self-financing.

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:33 - Dec 10 with 1624 viewslondonlisa2001

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:29 - Dec 10 by Uxbridge

Apart from the change of leadership in the last couple of months?

I'm led to believe there's quite the change of thinking down there, and this isn't something I've heard from anyone associated with the football side.

yes - could be the change of leader - I hadn't even remembered that to be honest (doesn't feature very highly in news up here). Just know that I asked about it a few months ago (may be 6 or 7 months ago by now I suppose) and was told that it wasn't any different to the way it had always been. It may well be the case that the new guy wants stuff sold off to raise money for other things.
The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:34 - Dec 10 with 1622 viewsskippyjack

The Council are in favour of this American consortium.. they want the shareholders to sell and buy the stadium.. politics is slowly creeping in.. from all angles.. that's why it's hush hush.. this decision effects..

The economy of Swansea
Councillors pay rise packet
Councillors debt
Cleaning up the mess of Swansea they've created
The pay packet for the shareholders
The future growth

One thing for sure in this takeover.. the fans will not be held in high regard for the work they've done for this World Wide brand.. the council and the shareholders are the saviour of Swansea.. let them rim each other off.. This football club has become a political power in South Wales.. and money talks in politics.

Llanelli
Neath
Port Talbot
Swansea
Carmarthen

Councillors are rooting for this take over.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:38 - Dec 10 with 1610 viewsUxbridge

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:20 - Dec 10 by NOTRAC

There's a lot in there that I am inclined to agree with. People will act in their own self-interests and there is every chance they will clash with the interests of the club. Personally I am far from convinced that any sale could ever be in the interests of the club.

As for the Trust, I know a fair amount about what discussions have been taken place, what guidance they've sought, what expertise has been engaged, and what their aims are. A lot can't be said for now as it's going to be also covered by any NDA. However what I would say is this. You are wrong on the intentions of the Trust. Once any offer is on the table, the members will be consulted. There will be an EGM. If a deal is happening soon then that meeting will happen soon and it would happen before any deal would take place. That has all been said so many times in the past I'm surprised it needs to be said again, but hey ho.

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:41 - Dec 10 with 1597 viewsUxbridge

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:33 - Dec 10 by londonlisa2001

yes - could be the change of leader - I hadn't even remembered that to be honest (doesn't feature very highly in news up here). Just know that I asked about it a few months ago (may be 6 or 7 months ago by now I suppose) and was told that it wasn't any different to the way it had always been. It may well be the case that the new guy wants stuff sold off to raise money for other things.

It barely made the news down here

Given Jenkins said in the August forum stadium purchase wasn't on the cards, I think we can safely say that there's been a dramatic shift in thinking on both sides for this to be on the cards 4 months later. There'll be some who will link this to the American's, but I don't doubt if the yanks rocked up to County Hall today with a cheque for £40m that the council would snatch their hands off right here and now!

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:41 - Dec 10 with 1596 viewslondonlisa2001

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:31 - Dec 10 by Uxbridge

It would indeed. And if the club were getting into debt to buy the stadium I would share your concerns. However there are many other ways that deal could be structured to avoid that scenario, which is why I would wait for the details before saying this is a bad thing.

We're going to have to go into debt for any stadium expansion though. That will never be self-financing.

well it will be. It's just that the pay back will take a bit of time. Three years is the estimate as i understand it?
The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:43 - Dec 10 with 1583 viewsUxbridge

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:41 - Dec 10 by londonlisa2001

well it will be. It's just that the pay back will take a bit of time. Three years is the estimate as i understand it?

Do you mean the expansion? I think it will very much depend.

If you mean the stadium purchase, I've heard something very different, although it's all very early days on that score.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2014 17:44]

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:56 - Dec 10 with 1544 viewsDarran

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:22 - Dec 10 by Uxbridge

Aw bless. And you wonder why I'd given up with this place. It's gone to pot for ages, and you're the main reason.

Thank you.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 18:02 - Dec 10 with 1518 viewslondonlisa2001

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 17:43 - Dec 10 by Uxbridge

Do you mean the expansion? I think it will very much depend.

If you mean the stadium purchase, I've heard something very different, although it's all very early days on that score.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2014 17:44]

the expansion. The figs being used (may have changed now) was that each extra seat would cost £1,500 or 3 x income (including discounts for concessions but increases for non ticket income).

On the stadium purchase, I still can't really see the point.

One caveat to that though is the way that 'income' would be treated for FFP rules. I can imagine that if we owned the stadium we'd use the gross receipts for FFP purposes, and the net if we continued as is. That's quite a big difference, as it gives us the entire running costs of the stadium, hospitality, policing and so on as additional to play with.
The Sham Trust Forum - London on 18:08 - Dec 10 with 1505 viewsUxbridge

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 18:02 - Dec 10 by londonlisa2001

the expansion. The figs being used (may have changed now) was that each extra seat would cost £1,500 or 3 x income (including discounts for concessions but increases for non ticket income).

On the stadium purchase, I still can't really see the point.

One caveat to that though is the way that 'income' would be treated for FFP rules. I can imagine that if we owned the stadium we'd use the gross receipts for FFP purposes, and the net if we continued as is. That's quite a big difference, as it gives us the entire running costs of the stadium, hospitality, policing and so on as additional to play with.

There's a lot to factor in. Tickets, sponsorship etc. 3 years would sound about right.

As an asset, I agree regarding stadium purchase. I'm just completely fed up about how the stadium is run.

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 18:13 - Dec 10 with 1493 viewsDarran

The Sham Trust Forum - London on 18:08 - Dec 10 by Uxbridge

There's a lot to factor in. Tickets, sponsorship etc. 3 years would sound about right.

As an asset, I agree regarding stadium purchase. I'm just completely fed up about how the stadium is run.

Well I agree with that the first thing we should do when we purchase it is get rid of the fella running it and appoint our own man.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2014 18:22]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024