Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
June 25, 1950 02:55 - Jun 25 with 1205 viewsDavillin

64 years ago today, 25 June 1950, North Korea attacked South Korea and, faced with a weak and disorganized defense, drove almost all the way to the port of Pusan, where a do-or-die defense held them until help could arrive.

My family paid a heavy personal price for that defense, and the war is still not over.

Sometimes I wonder if the North Koreans are trying to break the record of the Hundred Years War.

And for what? Political ideology and "saving face."

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

June 25, 1950 on 17:54 - Jun 26 with 334 viewsDavillin

June 25, 1950 on 17:37 - Jun 26 by controversial_jack

Mine came from reading books from the local library a while ago. The title and author of which escapes me right now

After 77 years, I have that problem virtually every day, but i always cite the source when I knowingly take it directly from somewhere. And if I know the author but not the specific source, I name the author.

This is something requiring integrity.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

June 25, 1950 on 17:59 - Jun 26 with 331 viewscontroversial_jack

June 25, 1950 on 17:54 - Jun 26 by Davillin

After 77 years, I have that problem virtually every day, but i always cite the source when I knowingly take it directly from somewhere. And if I know the author but not the specific source, I name the author.

This is something requiring integrity.

Anyone can go to Neath library. There are several books there on this subject.
June 25, 1950 on 18:17 - Jun 26 with 320 viewsexiledclaseboy

Aren't printed books just as susceptible to bias and/or historical inaccuracy as Wikipedia then?

Poll: Tory leader

June 25, 1950 on 19:21 - Jun 26 with 302 viewsJackoBoostardo

June 25, 1950 on 16:49 - Jun 26 by controversial_jack

You took your info from Wikipedia.I rest my case

Nope. I got my information from education. I used Wikipedia as an additional source to again prove you wrong.... really, it wasn't difficult!

Can you admit you were incorrect? Nope?

Thought not.

Get your facts in order before posting on historical events where facts are easily obtained. If you don't know - research it!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

June 25, 1950 on 19:33 - Jun 26 with 291 viewscontroversial_jack

June 25, 1950 on 19:21 - Jun 26 by JackoBoostardo

Nope. I got my information from education. I used Wikipedia as an additional source to again prove you wrong.... really, it wasn't difficult!

Can you admit you were incorrect? Nope?

Thought not.

Get your facts in order before posting on historical events where facts are easily obtained. If you don't know - research it!

I did get my info from education that's why I posted from memory. I didn't need wiki
June 25, 1950 on 19:48 - Jun 26 with 286 viewsJackoBoostardo

June 25, 1950 on 19:33 - Jun 26 by controversial_jack

I did get my info from education that's why I posted from memory. I didn't need wiki

And I posted mine from memory - only I was the one correct and you were the one arguing that I was wrong. I posted Wiki as a secondary source to show you that your 'facts' weren't facts afterall.

Feel free to Google elsewhere if you still don't trust the information....

Would be great if people here accepted humility at times, and not be knobs about being wrong.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024