Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gylfi and Gomis..... 16:56 - Jun 22 with 27831 viewsItchySphincter

If true, could be the end for Michu and Bony.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 21:43 - Jun 22 with 2152 viewsJonathans_coat

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 21:30 - Jun 22 by Drizzy

Not fast enough to play on the wing in my opinion, as good as his delivery is.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2014 21:30]

Too slow for a winger in a 4-2-3-1 maybe, but definately see it in a 4-4-2. With the strikers pulling wider to link up with the wide men. He could be an excellent "inside forward" a la Wayne and Nath under laudrup aswell!
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 21:48 - Jun 22 with 2125 viewsItchySphincter

No point buying a player like Gylfi and sticking him on the wing, even if he could 'do a job there'. Gylfi would take up central attacking midfield, bye bye Michu if that's the case and if Gomis comes it won't be as back-up to Wilf either.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 21:54 - Jun 22 with 2094 viewsJonathans_coat

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 21:48 - Jun 22 by ItchySphincter

No point buying a player like Gylfi and sticking him on the wing, even if he could 'do a job there'. Gylfi would take up central attacking midfield, bye bye Michu if that's the case and if Gomis comes it won't be as back-up to Wilf either.

I think Michu would definitely be a striker in a 4-4-2, so then we would have 3 top "strikers". But I agree we could not give all these players enough game time in their preferred positions if we stay more 4-2-3-1.
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 21:54 - Jun 22 with 2092 viewsJackoBoostardo

There does seem to be a lot of league one and championship mentality about the forum when talking about this story.

Aren't we now in the big boys league? Wages being high is a cost of being here - and ultimately if we can afford it then go for it!

Huw is obviously watching the purse strings with his astute qualities that has seen us alright up to now. If we are in for Gomis and Gylfi then this can only mean Huw has confidence in our position.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 22:04 - Jun 22 with 2025 viewsPhil_S

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 21:54 - Jun 22 by JackoBoostardo

There does seem to be a lot of league one and championship mentality about the forum when talking about this story.

Aren't we now in the big boys league? Wages being high is a cost of being here - and ultimately if we can afford it then go for it!

Huw is obviously watching the purse strings with his astute qualities that has seen us alright up to now. If we are in for Gomis and Gylfi then this can only mean Huw has confidence in our position.

Would you be comfortable in a lot of players earning £3.5-4m a year?
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 22:04 - Jun 22 with 2022 viewsOldjack

It's hotting up , http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/bafetimbi-gomis-chooses-ambitious-swans

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 22:05 - Jun 22 with 2021 viewsJonnyTheJack

It's an interesting one. Would he come here to play 2nd fiddle to Bony? 2nd fiddle is probably a bit harsh maybe, because Bony won't be back until mid July and might start the season slow coming off a world cup. Plus that month away in Jan. Can we play 2 up top? Don't think we can and I can't see Monk making a drastic change like that early on.

As for his contract, 70-80k a week has been mentioned. I'm 99% sure we won't be offering that. Maybe 40k with a big signing fee and a contract with incentives too.

My gut feeling is that Bony will be off if we sign him. But i'd be shocked if we do.

[Post edited 22 Jun 2014 22:11]
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 22:09 - Jun 22 with 1973 viewsmagicdaps10

So say we sign Gomis.

And we are after Sigurdsson from Spurs..........remind me, what team went in as favourites in the week to sign Bony!?

Wouldn't rule out Jenkins selling Bony to Spurs for a big fee and getting Sigurdsson as part of the deal.

Just putting a possibility out there.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 22:09 - Jun 22 with 1969 viewslondonlisa2001

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 22:04 - Jun 22 by Phil_S

Not as uncomfortable as Huw Jenkins would be !!

I'll be gob smacked if we pay a player £75k per week (that is not the same as saying this will not happen via a signing on fee nor do I necessarily believe it to be true either regarding the interest or regarding how much this guy wants).

We've come a long way from Tommy Mutton :-)
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 22:15 - Jun 22 with 1926 viewsMrSwerve

We are a mid table premier league side...50-60k is the going rate. I've said this before and I will say it again, within the next year or two i'd be suprised if we didnt have at least one or two players on at least 60k pw.

This isn't league one anymore.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 22:16 - Jun 22 with 1920 views3swan

If Gylfi signs does that rule out JDG coming back unless on loan again?
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 22:20 - Jun 22 with 1875 viewsJonathans_coat

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 22:16 - Jun 22 by 3swan

If Gylfi signs does that rule out JDG coming back unless on loan again?

I think Gylfi/Michu is the bigger clash!
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 22:21 - Jun 22 with 1863 views3swan

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 22:20 - Jun 22 by Jonathans_coat

I think Gylfi/Michu is the bigger clash!

Agree but I was thinking more on the money side.
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 22:25 - Jun 22 with 1831 viewsblaine_scfc

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 21:54 - Jun 22 by JackoBoostardo

Spot on. Getting p*ssed off with the same people who slagged Vasquez and Shechter off, moaning about us paying a decent wage for quality cover/competition up front. Isn't Bony away for a month or two with the African cup of nations? We need strength in depth.
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 22:25 - Jun 22 with 1824 viewsJonathans_coat

Thinking about it, who would people rather have up top? Michu and Wilf, or Gylfi and Gomis? Assuming all are fit and are in top form it's Michu and Bony for me every time. Michu's fitness is not a given at the moment though, and we would make a huge profit from these deals.
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 22:25 - Jun 22 with 1823 viewsPhil_S

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 22:15 - Jun 22 by MrSwerve

We are a mid table premier league side...50-60k is the going rate. I've said this before and I will say it again, within the next year or two i'd be suprised if we didnt have at least one or two players on at least 60k pw.

Did anyone actually claim that it was? However, the beauty of the way we work here means that there are various measures in place to ensure that we don't just fritter away everything that we have on players which will come back and haunt us.

League One it may not be but that doesnt necessarily follow that we will start paying more and more salaries each year
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 22:30 - Jun 22 with 1779 viewsGeoffThom

I don't think anyone really knows how much the players are actually on ,what I do know is it's mainly bonus related ,IMO we've moved on another gear from the 35k to the 45k or more a week club and if we stay in the prem I'm sure it will move up another gear ,gomis is probably getting a big sweetener to sign for us and if we can afford it great I trust the board to know what their doing they've been bang on the money so far and if they can afford to land Gylfi and keep the right players We will be a good side next year
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 22:32 - Jun 22 with 1752 viewsymaohyd

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 22:25 - Jun 22 by blaine_scfc

Spot on. Getting p*ssed off with the same people who slagged Vasquez and Shechter off, moaning about us paying a decent wage for quality cover/competition up front. Isn't Bony away for a month or two with the African cup of nations? We need strength in depth.

Spot on. This is the sort of signing that we have been crying out for since we arrived in the Prem. Our back-up options have been woeful, this is the sort of signing we need. A top quality striker who will get plenty of games.

Bony may well leave, it won't however have anything to do with us signing Gomis. If Bony does leave I expect us to make another marquee striker signing.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 22:32 - Jun 22 with 1749 viewsblaine_scfc

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 22:30 - Jun 22 by GeoffThom

I don't think anyone really knows how much the players are actually on ,what I do know is it's mainly bonus related ,IMO we've moved on another gear from the 35k to the 45k or more a week club and if we stay in the prem I'm sure it will move up another gear ,gomis is probably getting a big sweetener to sign for us and if we can afford it great I trust the board to know what their doing they've been bang on the money so far and if they can afford to land Gylfi and keep the right players We will be a good side next year

Without having any knowledge of what goes on in deals and the sort of money that is changed hands, I have a feeling we pay big signing on fees. Huw and the board are probably more comfortably with paying lump sums, than having players on four year deals with massive salaries ala Leeds, Pompey etc.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2014 22:34]
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 22:33 - Jun 22 with 1735 viewsHubert

French press now reporting that this has been overplayed

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2014/bafetimbi-gomis-swansea-link-overplaye
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 22:35 - Jun 22 with 1697 viewsDrizzy

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 22:25 - Jun 22 by blaine_scfc

There's strength in depth and then there's overpaying for average players.

Gomis is not really that good. He's regressed in recent years and never lived up to his potential. He's not the kind of signing that has made us successful.

Castaignos has lots of potential, he's raw and not as good as Gomis, but it's clear he can be a much more valuable asset if he's in the right environment.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 22:40 - Jun 22 with 1665 viewsJonathans_coat

Personally I think it's not an "either or" situation. I may be the only one, but I think the board has a little bit of ambition and wants Gylfi and Gomis ASWELL as Michu and Bony! This would also cover all bases, with Wilf's international commitments and Michu's injury problems!
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 22:42 - Jun 22 with 1648 viewsJonathans_coat

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 22:33 - Jun 22 by Hubert

French press now reporting that this has been overplayed

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2014/bafetimbi-gomis-swansea-link-overplaye

Of course it could be all twaddle from bored journos stirring the pot!
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 22:49 - Jun 22 with 1603 viewsJackoBoostardo

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 22:04 - Jun 22 by Phil_S

I'm comfortable in the fact that Huw Jenkins knows exactly what he's doing. If this is a road we're going down, then it's as a result of Huw and the board agreeing that it's time to shift it up a gear surely?!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 22:58 - Jun 22 with 1556 viewsScoobyWho

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 22:15 - Jun 22 by MrSwerve

50k plus is not the going rate ! even I know that !

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024