Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blue Tuesday 18:46 - May 6 with 12396 viewsDale_Pea

Keith Hill has just done an interview on Radio Manchester for Ian Cheeseman's Manchester City programme, Blue Tuesday. Safe to say he REALLY laid into City for today's fine...

Best buddy of' Irish_rafc' xox

Blue Tuesday on 15:28 - May 7 with 3336 viewsdingdangblue

Blue Tuesday on 15:09 - May 7 by pioneer

They were getting 5000 for most of their games before their final push for promotion. And back in their division 2 days 3 and 4,000 were regular crowds

No reason why we cannot expect the marketing department (ha ha) to get up towards those figures.

According to 365 website they have averaged 9952 this season (93% of the stadium capacity) which is amazing. 2nd highest percentage in championship after Brighton. We can only dream of such figures.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Blue Tuesday on 17:18 - May 7 with 3244 viewsColDale

Some of the comments on Blue Moon are laughable and show real mixture of paranoia and arrogance. There is a real feeling on there that Man U run football from top to bottom and anything that might point fingers at City is part of a rag conspiracy. There was nothing said by Hill that was anything United related and it was only Eyre's mate who put that slant on it and in a few quick words, all the content was ignored and Hill became just another red bástard. Everything Hill said was from a Dale point of view.
Blue Tuesday on 17:30 - May 7 with 3208 viewsregjenkins

Blue Tuesday on 17:18 - May 7 by ColDale

Some of the comments on Blue Moon are laughable and show real mixture of paranoia and arrogance. There is a real feeling on there that Man U run football from top to bottom and anything that might point fingers at City is part of a rag conspiracy. There was nothing said by Hill that was anything United related and it was only Eyre's mate who put that slant on it and in a few quick words, all the content was ignored and Hill became just another red bástard. Everything Hill said was from a Dale point of view.

Much too touchy for their own good. I once used to say City fans had a great sense of humour back in the day..alas its past away with the onset of big bucks. They now need to be taken seriously.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Blue Tuesday on 17:33 - May 7 with 3195 viewsColDale

Blue Tuesday on 17:30 - May 7 by regjenkins

Much too touchy for their own good. I once used to say City fans had a great sense of humour back in the day..alas its past away with the onset of big bucks. They now need to be taken seriously.

Absolutely. The old days of "typcial City" saw an ability to laugh at themselves and not the sort of attitude where everything is a conspiracy against them. Says it all that on a day they were fined £50 million (with many boasting that its loose change down the side of a sofa), they are more bothered about what a League One manager says on GMR.
Blue Tuesday on 17:36 - May 7 with 3180 views442Dale

Great Mateys Radio should have a phone in about it.

And a quiz question. A dead hard one this time please.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Blue Tuesday on 00:12 - May 8 with 3062 viewsDiddyDave

Blue Tuesday on 14:42 - May 7 by pioneer

Why is championship 1 all we can hope for? We dont have to expect further promotion (and certainly shouldn't be basing the managements future on achieving it) but why is it unreasonable to 'hope' of what teams like Yeovil and Bournemouth have achieved (the latter were still in with a shout of the play offs until last week).

Before Hill left for the dark side we weren't far off it remember.

Fair comment Pioneer. I was going off the fact that even when Dale were riding high towards the end of the season,they still couldn`t get a crowd over five thousand and that`s clearly not sustainable if you want to get into the Championship and paying Championship wages. But I hadn`t taken into account the fact that away teams would bring a few thousand supporters themselves,so yes,I guess there`d be the odd match when even a sell out or two would occur. Keith Hill has said that the current players have sacrificed themselves financially to play for Dale this season,but somehow I don`t think that would occur in the Championship and Mr Dunphy would be very hard pressed to allow the club to pay those kind of wages.
Blue Tuesday on 12:29 - May 8 with 2924 viewsD_Alien

Blue Tuesday on 00:12 - May 8 by DiddyDave

Fair comment Pioneer. I was going off the fact that even when Dale were riding high towards the end of the season,they still couldn`t get a crowd over five thousand and that`s clearly not sustainable if you want to get into the Championship and paying Championship wages. But I hadn`t taken into account the fact that away teams would bring a few thousand supporters themselves,so yes,I guess there`d be the odd match when even a sell out or two would occur. Keith Hill has said that the current players have sacrificed themselves financially to play for Dale this season,but somehow I don`t think that would occur in the Championship and Mr Dunphy would be very hard pressed to allow the club to pay those kind of wages.

I'm not sure they've "financially sacrificed" themselves.

Some - but not all - may have been able to find clubs whose finances allowed them to pay a higher wage, but being promoted and playing good football puts them in a position where they can attract higher wages in the future.

Plus, there won't be many of the current squad not earning in the higher income tax bracket. So whilst plaudits are due in every other respect, lets for heaven's sake not think for one minute that playing for Dale this season has been anything other than a great career move and opportunity.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Blue Tuesday on 13:07 - May 8 with 2855 viewspioneer

Blue Tuesday on 15:28 - May 7 by dingdangblue

According to 365 website they have averaged 9952 this season (93% of the stadium capacity) which is amazing. 2nd highest percentage in championship after Brighton. We can only dream of such figures.

And so could they four years go - but they did dream and backed it up with action.

There is every reason to believe we have the product - it just needs a better effort at selling it.
Login to get fewer ads

Blue Tuesday on 13:09 - May 8 with 2845 viewsScunnydale

Blue Tuesday on 13:07 - May 8 by pioneer

And so could they four years go - but they did dream and backed it up with action.

There is every reason to believe we have the product - it just needs a better effort at selling it.

They dreamed of a billionaire investing in the club, maybe...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/15652339
Blue Tuesday on 15:03 - May 8 with 2770 viewsMass_Debater

Blue Tuesday on 13:07 - May 8 by pioneer

While your last point is valid, you're diluted if you think we can ever wish to get the same crowds as Bournemouth.
Blue Tuesday on 17:35 - May 8 with 2668 viewsColDale

and so it continues....

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rochdale-bos

The comments are laughable.

I do hope Cheeseman has the manners to apologise for his quip the other day.
Blue Tuesday on 18:27 - May 8 with 2586 views442Dale

Blue Tuesday on 17:35 - May 8 by ColDale

and so it continues....

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rochdale-bos

The comments are laughable.

I do hope Cheeseman has the manners to apologise for his quip the other day.

Too busy retweeting fans saying how great his commentary is.

Blue Tuesday on 20:21 - May 8 with 2512 viewsTVOS1907

Blue Tuesday on 18:27 - May 8 by 442Dale

Does he call them 'matey' or is that reserved for Wagg?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Blue Tuesday on 20:50 - May 8 with 2465 viewsSalwaDale

Blue Tuesday on 18:27 - May 8 by 442Dale

I finally unfollowed the bigheaded prat this morning.

TBBT

Blue Tuesday on 21:05 - May 8 with 2426 viewspioneer

Blue Tuesday on 15:03 - May 8 by Mass_Debater

While your last point is valid, you're diluted if you think we can ever wish to get the same crowds as Bournemouth.

Its not about one particular club, that was an example, its about not putting an artificial ceiling on the heights that can be achieved. We need to ask why is it Crewe, Oldham, Bury (OK wash my mouth out) Northampton, Cambridge, Hereford, Yeovil, York, Swindon, Bradford City, Notts County, Stockport (before their naughty financial dealings), . . . .(need I go on) have all reached the Championship level (or its predecessor Division 2) or higher but we want to put an artifical ceiling on what can be achieved. They were not all based on funny money or russian oil wells.

Incidentally what were our crowds following promotion in 1969? a time when Man City and Man Utd were both winning trophies and selling out regularly.

Lets try to turn the dreams into prospects. There is no reason why, given the management we have, that we cannot go higher. I expect Keith Hill believes that - otherwise i doubt he would be here.
Blue Tuesday on 21:32 - May 8 with 2378 viewsdingdangblue

Blue Tuesday on 21:05 - May 8 by pioneer

Its not about one particular club, that was an example, its about not putting an artificial ceiling on the heights that can be achieved. We need to ask why is it Crewe, Oldham, Bury (OK wash my mouth out) Northampton, Cambridge, Hereford, Yeovil, York, Swindon, Bradford City, Notts County, Stockport (before their naughty financial dealings), . . . .(need I go on) have all reached the Championship level (or its predecessor Division 2) or higher but we want to put an artifical ceiling on what can be achieved. They were not all based on funny money or russian oil wells.

Incidentally what were our crowds following promotion in 1969? a time when Man City and Man Utd were both winning trophies and selling out regularly.

Lets try to turn the dreams into prospects. There is no reason why, given the management we have, that we cannot go higher. I expect Keith Hill believes that - otherwise i doubt he would be here.

Its been done to death on here before where we imagine the team we could've had with Hill last time round had we not had to sell our best players. We could easily have made Championship level. Unfortunately 4400 when you are top of the league and winning promotion when your stadium holds 10,000 means we can't hold onto our best players or give them long contracts or pay them enough to stay - sadly.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Blue Tuesday on 21:39 - May 8 with 2357 views442Dale

Blue Tuesday on 21:32 - May 8 by dingdangblue

Its been done to death on here before where we imagine the team we could've had with Hill last time round had we not had to sell our best players. We could easily have made Championship level. Unfortunately 4400 when you are top of the league and winning promotion when your stadium holds 10,000 means we can't hold onto our best players or give them long contracts or pay them enough to stay - sadly.

The model where we produce players to sell and progressing through the leagues needn't be mutually exclusive. We got to 9th in L1 by doing it and if Hill had stayed there's no reason we couldn't have looked to evolve further. Selling players won't prevent us getting promoted to the Championship, Hill has already established he can put together the nucleus of a side which could perform higher up and he can add to this over the time. The inevitable sale along the way only strengthens the philosophy of spending what we have.

The issue about increasing crowds and evolution off the pitch is a whole different conversation.

Blue Tuesday on 21:58 - May 8 with 2330 viewsdingdangblue

Blue Tuesday on 21:39 - May 8 by 442Dale

The model where we produce players to sell and progressing through the leagues needn't be mutually exclusive. We got to 9th in L1 by doing it and if Hill had stayed there's no reason we couldn't have looked to evolve further. Selling players won't prevent us getting promoted to the Championship, Hill has already established he can put together the nucleus of a side which could perform higher up and he can add to this over the time. The inevitable sale along the way only strengthens the philosophy of spending what we have.

The issue about increasing crowds and evolution off the pitch is a whole different conversation.

There's no marketing required for Chesterfield's, Scunthorpe's and Dale's final home games of the season due to what was at stake. They got 9036 and 7482. Yes Hill is a master at evolving teams - but losing Dagnall and Kennedy after promotion made us weaker. Maybe the difference between finishing 9th or 6th.

Blue Tuesday on 22:06 - May 8 with 2316 views442Dale

Blue Tuesday on 21:58 - May 8 by dingdangblue

There's no marketing required for Chesterfield's, Scunthorpe's and Dale's final home games of the season due to what was at stake. They got 9036 and 7482. Yes Hill is a master at evolving teams - but losing Dagnall and Kennedy after promotion made us weaker. Maybe the difference between finishing 9th or 6th.

Some clubs get bigger crowds than us historically, we make the best of what we have and try to attract more. But it is a discussion for another time.

And disagree completely that the loss of two players made us weaker. It made us different. We added Widdowson at left back who added pace to the side, he even reclaimed his place back off TK after we got the latter back on loan. Also we weren't going into L1 playing 4-4-2 so who's to say Dagnall would have been a regular?

Not saying we wouldn't have wanted them to stay, but that they left allowed Hill to make use of their wages elsewhere. And nobody would have expected us to finish 9th so we can't say we missed them.

Blue Tuesday on 22:20 - May 8 with 2280 viewsdingdangblue

Blue Tuesday on 22:06 - May 8 by 442Dale

Some clubs get bigger crowds than us historically, we make the best of what we have and try to attract more. But it is a discussion for another time.

And disagree completely that the loss of two players made us weaker. It made us different. We added Widdowson at left back who added pace to the side, he even reclaimed his place back off TK after we got the latter back on loan. Also we weren't going into L1 playing 4-4-2 so who's to say Dagnall would have been a regular?

Not saying we wouldn't have wanted them to stay, but that they left allowed Hill to make use of their wages elsewhere. And nobody would have expected us to finish 9th so we can't say we missed them.

"We missed them" - there, I just said it.

Blue Tuesday on 23:02 - May 8 with 2245 viewsD_Alien

Blue Tuesday on 21:05 - May 8 by pioneer

After averaging over 5000 in the promotion season, we regularly got 6-7,000 gates in the first year or so in the old Div 3. But football, and those who follow the game, was different back then.

That doesn't mean we couldn't survive in the championship. The problem we'd have is keeping the flow of young talent coming through, to sell on to finance the wage bill. We all know what a magician Hilly is, but introducing players who might be low in confidence in L2 and giving them time to develop into something close to the finished article would be so much more difficult when you're up against talented teams every week.

Balanced against that, we might attract an even better class of youngster. The model that we aspired to in appointing Eyre was pretty much being able to do exactly that. Could Hilly pull it off? I'd like to think he's got plans along those lines.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Blue Tuesday on 00:49 - May 9 with 2171 viewsdingdangblue

Blue Tuesday on 23:02 - May 8 by D_Alien

After averaging over 5000 in the promotion season, we regularly got 6-7,000 gates in the first year or so in the old Div 3. But football, and those who follow the game, was different back then.

That doesn't mean we couldn't survive in the championship. The problem we'd have is keeping the flow of young talent coming through, to sell on to finance the wage bill. We all know what a magician Hilly is, but introducing players who might be low in confidence in L2 and giving them time to develop into something close to the finished article would be so much more difficult when you're up against talented teams every week.

Balanced against that, we might attract an even better class of youngster. The model that we aspired to in appointing Eyre was pretty much being able to do exactly that. Could Hilly pull it off? I'd like to think he's got plans along those lines.

http://www.11v11.com/teams/rochdale/tab/stats/option/attendances
Only 3 attendances out of 23 were 5000+ back in 09/10. Still better than this season.

Blue Tuesday on 07:14 - May 9 with 2120 viewsMass_Debater

Blue Tuesday on 00:49 - May 9 by dingdangblue

http://www.11v11.com/teams/rochdale/tab/stats/option/attendances
Only 3 attendances out of 23 were 5000+ back in 09/10. Still better than this season.

He was referring to 1968/69.
Blue Tuesday on 07:59 - May 9 with 2077 viewsdingdangblue

Blue Tuesday on 07:14 - May 9 by Mass_Debater

He was referring to 1968/69.

Ah yes.

Blue Tuesday on 18:13 - May 9 with 1921 viewssandylaner1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024