Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL 19:35 - Feb 4 with 56986 viewsNeathJack

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/ml-leaves-1340293.aspx

This post has been edited by an administrator
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:52 - Feb 4 with 2932 viewsBloodyhills

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:08 - Feb 4 by SwansNZ

it's Garry FFS

At a time like this spelling is the least of our problems.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:52 - Feb 4 with 2932 viewsSwansNZ

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:41 - Feb 4 by waynekerr55

Bony - mediocre with a goal every other game in a misfiring team.

F*ck me lets go and get the best striker in the championship then

or we could get a couple of mediocre championship strikers instead.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:52 - Feb 4 with 2932 viewsRuDeMan1970

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:09 - Feb 4 by union_jack

Jeez again. We couldn't do worse if we had a tortoise in the dugout. He HAD to go. We were going down regardless with him t the helm. A change is the only hope.

And as for this mid table bollocks - we are 2, yes 2 points from the relegation zone. Our position in the league is almost irrelevant.

Start seeing what has been going on and then you may see that this was the only option. And even this may not be good enough.

Agree with this. I for one am absolutely DELIGHTED that Laudrup has now gone. He has been like a dark cloud over the club for quite some time and - as I have posted previously - was taking us down to the Championship. The combo of Monk and Curt - aided by the older heads of Leon, Ash, Rangel and others - will, I'm sure, be enough to see us safe by the end of the season. At that point I expect the board will have done their homework yet again and will present us with a more experienced man at the helm.
In the last hour or so I have gone from dreading Saturday's match to actually looking forward to it - with a group of men in charge in the dugout who actually DO GIVE A FECK.

..."who will guard the guards..?"

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:55 - Feb 4 with 2841 viewsJokeren1943

A panic reaction from the board.

Swansea has meet almost any of the big teams the last 6 weeks, and half the team has been injured.

As a dane I most say........ Day Zero today - all the support to our new manager (Monk). Fingers crossed, hope he will do a super job!.
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:57 - Feb 4 with 2785 viewscockett_jack

First post in rather a while, thought I would weigh in.

I went to West Ham, I cannot remember seeing a game (well perhaps the Liverpool 5-0 loss, but that was in special circumstances) whereby our team looked so incapable of getting anything out of it. I also question Laudrup's passion and commitment to seeing us stay up that went anywhere beyond engineering a move for himself.

Although memories of when we appointed Martinez come to mind, Monk cannot be the long term answer.
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:57 - Feb 4 with 2782 viewsVetchitBack

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:55 - Feb 4 by Jokeren1943

A panic reaction from the board.

Swansea has meet almost any of the big teams the last 6 weeks, and half the team has been injured.

As a dane I most say........ Day Zero today - all the support to our new manager (Monk). Fingers crossed, hope he will do a super job!.

Nice to see a Dane being more supportive and positive than some other fans.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:57 - Feb 4 with 2777 viewsWarwickHunt

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 19:57 - Feb 4 by Dr_Winston

Whilst the problems no doubt started with Laudrup and Tutumlu's fun and games in the summer, Jenkins has made a right f*cking pigs ear of things lately and the rest of the board need to reign him in a little.

Reign. Freudian slip there, Doc?

Megolamania, anyone?
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 21:01 - Feb 4 with 2679 viewsUxbridge

The thing im struggling more than anything with is the succession planning going on here. We're midtable in the Premier League, one of the more glamorous teams outside the top 6, good squad, relatively low pressure gig ... we could have our pick of the names out there. But no, we go for the trainee.

It's either incredibly brilliant on incredibly stupid. Yes, just like the Martinez appointment but also the Cusack one. It's a lot to put on someone who hasn't even started a fledgling coaching career yet. Massive call.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 21:04 - Feb 4 with 2592 viewsrossshaw

He didn't look bothered about things to be fair to him. Some can call him calm, but we need passion right now. In HJ, I believe!!!

Trundle could still do a job..

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 21:04 - Feb 4 with 2581 viewsJokeren1943

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 20:57 - Feb 4 by VetchitBack

Nice to see a Dane being more supportive and positive than some other fans.

The reality is that Laudrup will never coach for Swansea ever again. The fans need to join together and support the team all they can the next 3 month.

Especially our rookie manager.

Even though the decision (sacking) for the wast majority of Swansea fans (and other PL fans seem odd), there can have happend things in the squad/manager/board that we do not know about.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2014 21:07]
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 21:04 - Feb 4 with 2563 viewsAnotherJohn

I appreciate that the Board have got us where we are today, but I am beginning to think the members aren't suited to the Premiership. First we see Championship signings over the manager's head, and now we have a (temporary?) management team that looks very second tier. I also think somebody on the inside has been drip feeding negative stories to the media since at least the summer, and that their view has prevailed. Beyond that Huw has put out recent statements which clearly did not reflect the true position.Having said all that, we must get behind the team and give them every chance to survive.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2014 21:46]
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 21:05 - Feb 4 with 2533 viewscockett_jack

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 21:01 - Feb 4 by Uxbridge

The thing im struggling more than anything with is the succession planning going on here. We're midtable in the Premier League, one of the more glamorous teams outside the top 6, good squad, relatively low pressure gig ... we could have our pick of the names out there. But no, we go for the trainee.

It's either incredibly brilliant on incredibly stupid. Yes, just like the Martinez appointment but also the Cusack one. It's a lot to put on someone who hasn't even started a fledgling coaching career yet. Massive call.

I reckon the board are bricking it that under Laudrup the players will fold and succumb to the first ever South Wales double. A manager leaving always brings in a fresh start for players and if there is anybody that can fire up the players for Saturday it is Monk

I do wonder whether this is all a tactic for just one game for the meanwhile
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 21:08 - Feb 4 with 2485 viewsUxbridge

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 21:05 - Feb 4 by cockett_jack

I reckon the board are bricking it that under Laudrup the players will fold and succumb to the first ever South Wales double. A manager leaving always brings in a fresh start for players and if there is anybody that can fire up the players for Saturday it is Monk

I do wonder whether this is all a tactic for just one game for the meanwhile

If it is, it's stupid, as would any appointment on the basis of one game.

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 21:10 - Feb 4 with 2449 viewsmacman

Well, done is done. But there must be more to it than this. It does not make sense to do it now.

What happens if we lose on Saturday? If they play in the same way and lose. Then against Hull in a different way and lose - won'y that create a little bit of a panic and distrust of the new managers?

I have the greatest respect for the current board and their history in the club, but I am afraid they were/are in over their heads on this one?

It may go well, but it is an enormous gamble.
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 21:11 - Feb 4 with 2438 viewsJonnyTheJack

We can focus on getting a more experienced/bigger named manager in, in the summer when there will be a lot more names to pick from (if we stay up). Obviously if we stay up and Monk does well then he'll be in with a shout.

I'd be more worried if went for a foreign manager from a different country at this time when we're in a relegation fight.

It's a massive call as most fans would agree but I think it was the right time.

The thing that hacked me off the most was him going to Paris for a few days and letting the players have a couple days off ahead of a huge game. Would you see Poyet or Pulis do that?
[Post edited 4 Feb 2014 21:12]
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 21:11 - Feb 4 with 2436 viewscockett_jack

This is why I'm hoping Monk is just coming in as a caretaker ultimately.
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 21:11 - Feb 4 with 2430 viewsJokeren1943

A dude called Oscarito wrote this in the Guardian. An it is pretty much how I feel:

"What a shame for the EPL!
Here is a guy playing attractive football with a team filled with shoestring purchases - and your solution is to block his moves on the transfer market and bring in deadweight from the Championship courtesy of a witless football director.
This one is on Jenkins.
Good luck elsewhere Laudrup - it was a pleasure watching your team at full strength last year."
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 21:11 - Feb 4 with 2419 viewsAngelRangelQS

It depends on what the board feel we need though.

You would hope that they would have spoken to Leon, Williams, Rangel and possibly one or two others to get their thoughts on what is needed and to make sure he'd have their support. Maybe we just need a shake up? I don't think anyone would argue that the desire has gone in recent weeks/months.... perhaps they feel Monk will get a bit extra from them and that's all that's needed?

My view is that we're in a relegation scrap now and I'm far more confident of us fighting for survival now than I was yesterday.

It is a massive gamble though... F*ck me things just got interesting
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 21:13 - Feb 4 with 2384 viewsGeoffThom

Were in a results buissness and our results since last February are piss poor any other club would have sacked him a long time ago ,thanks for the cup Michael and a few marque results but stats don't lie and he had to go ,got to agree on the fitness issue also plus the lack of a plan b ,not really sure about monk unless he has taken on board the training and style of football needed that playing under Roberto ,Sousa ,rogers and laudrup should have given him and blend it all together by taking the best bits also hope he makes the use of the pitch bigger which in my eyes will help us no end and he's got a hot line to ex managers who might help him
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 21:15 - Feb 4 with 2339 viewsPozuelosSideys

In terms of succession planning, the board would already have had somebody lined up for the summer. Not in chance in hell it hadnt been discussed in the last 12 months. ML has always made noises about leaving and it would be absolute negligence had the feelers not been put out.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 21:18 - Feb 4 with 2264 viewsexiledclaseboy

Chris Wathan's view. Nothing groundbreaking really

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chris-wathan-michael-l

Poll: Tory leader

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 21:19 - Feb 4 with 2237 viewsJohnw102

Somebody remind me was it only a month ago we won at Old Trafford, what short memories we have.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 21:20 - Feb 4 with 2226 viewsUxbridge

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 21:15 - Feb 4 by PozuelosSideys

In terms of succession planning, the board would already have had somebody lined up for the summer. Not in chance in hell it hadnt been discussed in the last 12 months. ML has always made noises about leaving and it would be absolute negligence had the feelers not been put out.

My concern is that Monk is actually the planned successor. Obviously I hope hes going to be brilliant, but it's a massive ask.

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 21:23 - Feb 4 with 2168 viewsAngelRangelQS

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 21:20 - Feb 4 by Uxbridge

My concern is that Monk is actually the planned successor. Obviously I hope hes going to be brilliant, but it's a massive ask.

Monk has the attributes IMO.

Whether he'll need to cut his teeth elsewhere is another thing of course
LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 21:24 - Feb 4 with 2770 viewsUxbridge

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 21:23 - Feb 4 by AngelRangelQS

Monk has the attributes IMO.

Whether he'll need to cut his teeth elsewhere is another thing of course

My thinking too.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024