Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. 17:11 - Dec 15 with 7777 viewssweetcorn

This board will be hell on earth tonight.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 17:56 - Dec 15 with 1545 viewsmusicandy76

Well I for one am glad i cannot make a match unti the new year!
This isnt just about results. This is by far the worst dale side I have seen for 15 years. Unentertaining "hoof the ball up" football. Dont we as fans have a right to be entertained, after all thats what its meant to be about. I'd happily not go to another game this season. Conceding 10 goals in 3 games is totally unacceptable, teams will now just come to spotland knowing that they can easily beat us. KH did try and edge out the "small club on a small budget" status of this club. The key thing that KH did was he "DEVELOPED AVERAGE PLAYERS AND TURNED THEM INTO GOOD PLAYERS!" We havent really got a player now who has been developed into a good player to sell on for money. We are truly doomed at the moment. In fact, Id go as far to say that some players have turned worse under colemans pathetic 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 formation or whatever he is playing now!
SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 17:57 - Dec 15 with 1518 views442Dale

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 17:53 - Dec 15 by BeefCurtain

Like I said, the next month or two are critical in terms of the future of both the management and club. If results don't change in that time then we'll find ourselves either in or close to the relegation zone. Regardless of club size and budget this is just unacceptable and let's also not forget that no-oone knows for sure the length of contract Coleman's actually on. Also, the league position in isolation isn't so bad but when you factor in other things like the home form, general peformances, team selection and tactics amongst other things, it makes the situation much less palatable.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Just as a couple of weeks ago people were rightly saying that being on the fringe of the playoffs was what everyone would have taken at this stage of the season ( and many said that back in the summer), being 15th and falling fast is far from what was expected.

And yes, I'm aware the actual points difference from the top seven isn't that much.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:02 - Dec 15 with 1484 viewsBeefCurtain

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 17:57 - Dec 15 by 442Dale

Just as a couple of weeks ago people were rightly saying that being on the fringe of the playoffs was what everyone would have taken at this stage of the season ( and many said that back in the summer), being 15th and falling fast is far from what was expected.

And yes, I'm aware the actual points difference from the top seven isn't that much.

15th is just below half way really which was the reaslistic expectation for most people (me included - a playoff push was seen as a bonus). As you say, the fall from grace has been very swift and this is the worrying thing. If we were 15th after an unbeaten run and climbing up the table then it would paint a completely different picture. We are falling fast and that is definitely the worry.

Everyone's had beef with beef curtain.

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:02 - Dec 15 with 1480 viewsDalern

Are we ready for coless roller coaster into oblivion

Up The Dale very worried for our club
SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:04 - Dec 15 with 1468 views49thseason

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 17:32 - Dec 15 by SalwaDale

I don't agree with it completely but I am worried about the future if we get rid.

Why? How could it possibly be worse? Chris Dunphy might as well take over the team selection and tactics and get a an Army PTI to run training sessions. Coleman's only hope is to get to January and put an entire new defence in place but there are 3 more games before then.

Would 7 consecutive losses see him in post on Jan 1st?
SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:07 - Dec 15 with 1454 viewsolympicdale

January is going to be very interesting, who he lets go more than who he brings in.

Long term I don't think we should be sacking Coleman as i feel it will hurt us in the long haul, I cant see there being anyone out there that would be a huge marked improvement, but on the same hand, something needs to be fixed, and since he's been here we havent seen any improvement, and now, the team looks disjointed and aimless in their play.

I lay much of the blame on the board for our current situation, as to how they've handled the transition since Hill, they have a lot to answer for. We were seen as a team very much on the up after Hill, and they (on paper) by passed so called better applicants, to go with a cheap option, and compelled it by giving it to Beech, the same man who was over looked 5 months previous, and to not get Coleman in after that Stevenage result was criminal.

Life is a game of fate.

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:07 - Dec 15 with 1445 views442Dale

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:07 - Dec 15 by olympicdale

January is going to be very interesting, who he lets go more than who he brings in.

Long term I don't think we should be sacking Coleman as i feel it will hurt us in the long haul, I cant see there being anyone out there that would be a huge marked improvement, but on the same hand, something needs to be fixed, and since he's been here we havent seen any improvement, and now, the team looks disjointed and aimless in their play.

I lay much of the blame on the board for our current situation, as to how they've handled the transition since Hill, they have a lot to answer for. We were seen as a team very much on the up after Hill, and they (on paper) by passed so called better applicants, to go with a cheap option, and compelled it by giving it to Beech, the same man who was over looked 5 months previous, and to not get Coleman in after that Stevenage result was criminal.

There's a bloody recession!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:10 - Dec 15 with 1434 viewsolympicdale

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:07 - Dec 15 by 442Dale

There's a bloody recession!

oh damn, of course.

Life is a game of fate.

Login to get fewer ads

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:10 - Dec 15 with 1429 viewssweetcorn

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 17:50 - Dec 15 by Bobbyjoe

This is a genuine question, Sweetcorn, I don't know the answer, and I'm not trying to be clever, Would you have sacked Eyre at the time he was sacked (i.e after half as long in charge as the present incumbent). If you wouldn't have then you're being consistent, if you would have then your argument is fatally flawed.

My feeling at the time was that of indecision, on the heat of match day, i wanted nothing more but eyre out, but when I had calmed I wanted to see the Eyre experiment work out and the situation was completley different.

First of all, we were in the relegation zone and had no real evidence of the manager being capable of putting the team in a formation which would deliver a run of results. We have had a 7 game unbeaten run under coleman however.
Secondly, Eyre was working with a group of players who had been playing together for quite some time and understood each others games (albeit with its two best players missing), whereas this is a brand new team which has been built from the ground up and mostly on a small budget.
And finally, there were better options available to us at the time (JC), whereas now i cannot see a realistic replacement who has experience of delivering results on a small budget.

Coleman is the man to lead our club in my opinion, I would give him next season when he has had the chance to build on what he has started again and see if he can deliver, if he does not improve, then we have probably reached the point for a change. Thats just my opinion of course.

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:13 - Dec 15 with 1414 viewsSalwaDale

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:04 - Dec 15 by 49thseason

Why? How could it possibly be worse? Chris Dunphy might as well take over the team selection and tactics and get a an Army PTI to run training sessions. Coleman's only hope is to get to January and put an entire new defence in place but there are 3 more games before then.

Would 7 consecutive losses see him in post on Jan 1st?

Coleman's players playing for someone else. I don't think we'll keep dropping with the current management (I'm not too sure though). Arguably things have got worse since we sacked Eyre, and that was replacing someone totally out of his depth in management with a proven manager.

TBBT

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:13 - Dec 15 with 1413 viewsmusicandy76

And in a recession people will certainly save money by not going to watch a shit football game! If we were doing well in League one fans would part with their money
SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:16 - Dec 15 with 1395 viewsDaleFan7

I said 14th - 16th before the season. The way we are playing is terrible and getting worse. Now the away wins are drying up it isn't papering over the cracks at home! At this point I would change my prediction to 18th-19th by the end of the season.
SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:16 - Dec 15 with 1394 viewsNotEyreClue

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:07 - Dec 15 by olympicdale

I remember getting told where to get off last season after blaming the board for our relegation and criticising the chairman. Funny how things change eh?

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:21 - Dec 15 with 1368 viewsRalphs12

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:21 - Dec 15 with 1362 viewssweetcorn

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:16 - Dec 15 by NotEyreClue

I remember getting told where to get off last season after blaming the board for our relegation and criticising the chairman. Funny how things change eh?

Don't you start clown boy.

We have a date on fifa13 later. Walcott is eager to take on bale.

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:23 - Dec 15 with 1358 viewschuckleberry

Where's mighty scouse?
SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:26 - Dec 15 with 1337 viewsNotEyreClue

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:21 - Dec 15 by sweetcorn

Don't you start clown boy.

We have a date on fifa13 later. Walcott is eager to take on bale.

Bale isn't worried

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:26 - Dec 15 with 1335 viewsolympicdale

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:23 - Dec 15 by chuckleberry

Where's mighty scouse?

scored twice.

Life is a game of fate.

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:27 - Dec 15 with 1318 viewsD_Alien

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:16 - Dec 15 by NotEyreClue

No, NEC, the criticism was for regurgitating an argument that had been done to death months prior to you raising it!

I just knew you didn't get it, at the time.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:32 - Dec 15 with 1297 views49thseason

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:10 - Dec 15 by sweetcorn

My feeling at the time was that of indecision, on the heat of match day, i wanted nothing more but eyre out, but when I had calmed I wanted to see the Eyre experiment work out and the situation was completley different.

First of all, we were in the relegation zone and had no real evidence of the manager being capable of putting the team in a formation which would deliver a run of results. We have had a 7 game unbeaten run under coleman however.
Secondly, Eyre was working with a group of players who had been playing together for quite some time and understood each others games (albeit with its two best players missing), whereas this is a brand new team which has been built from the ground up and mostly on a small budget.
And finally, there were better options available to us at the time (JC), whereas now i cannot see a realistic replacement who has experience of delivering results on a small budget.

Coleman is the man to lead our club in my opinion, I would give him next season when he has had the chance to build on what he has started again and see if he can deliver, if he does not improve, then we have probably reached the point for a change. Thats just my opinion of course.

So whose fault is it that last seasons "core" was allowed to leave and this new shower brought in?
Lucas or Lillis?
Akpa Akpro or Adebola?
Darby or P Edwards?
Hackney or Donnelly?
Holden or R Edwards?
Jones or Cavanagh?
Widdowson or McKintyre?

Include in that "core", BBM, Kennedy, Tutte and Grimes Then add Grant, Putterill, Bennett and another couple of defenders and job done. But oh no, Coleman dodged the real test of management, had virtually a complete clear out and brought in his mates, has been's, never will be's and a couple of young kids.

All with the net result that we now have a side that people don't want to watch and which after an early season decent run seems to have decided that working hard on cold wet days is something Scousers don't do - well surprise surprise!

No doubt we will get another "decent" run in April to justify next years contracts.
SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:33 - Dec 15 with 1297 viewsNotEyreClue

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:27 - Dec 15 by D_Alien

No, NEC, the criticism was for regurgitating an argument that had been done to death months prior to you raising it!

I just knew you didn't get it, at the time.

My points were dismissed as wholly invalid as opposed to being common knowledge, probably moreso by other people rather than you.

I just remember you as the 'mealy mouthed bollocks' guy.

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:39 - Dec 15 with 1279 viewsDaleFan7

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:32 - Dec 15 by 49thseason

So whose fault is it that last seasons "core" was allowed to leave and this new shower brought in?
Lucas or Lillis?
Akpa Akpro or Adebola?
Darby or P Edwards?
Hackney or Donnelly?
Holden or R Edwards?
Jones or Cavanagh?
Widdowson or McKintyre?

Include in that "core", BBM, Kennedy, Tutte and Grimes Then add Grant, Putterill, Bennett and another couple of defenders and job done. But oh no, Coleman dodged the real test of management, had virtually a complete clear out and brought in his mates, has been's, never will be's and a couple of young kids.

All with the net result that we now have a side that people don't want to watch and which after an early season decent run seems to have decided that working hard on cold wet days is something Scousers don't do - well surprise surprise!

No doubt we will get another "decent" run in April to justify next years contracts.

Agree, the players we have let go are better than the ones we have signed. The football we play now is boring, unattractive and just plain awful. There hasn't been any recent signs of this changing. The stubbornness of Coleman not to play wide players hurts us too much when teams counter, all they have to do is run down the wing and they are behind our very shoddy defence.
SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:41 - Dec 15 with 1263 viewsD_Alien

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:33 - Dec 15 by NotEyreClue

My points were dismissed as wholly invalid as opposed to being common knowledge, probably moreso by other people rather than you.

I just remember you as the 'mealy mouthed bollocks' guy.

LOL, I can see how hurt you were by regurgitating this point again, even now!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:44 - Dec 15 with 1258 viewsBobbyjoe

Two bald men fighting over a comb!
SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:46 - Dec 15 with 1244 viewsolympicdale

SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW. on 18:41 - Dec 15 by D_Alien

LOL, I can see how hurt you were by regurgitating this point again, even now!

I think he must have been in a darkened corner, sticking pins in E.T since.

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024