Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not convinced by 4-3-3 12:08 - Sep 10 with 1568 viewsStAnnesDale

Although yet to be convinced that Donnelly (not sure about his best position) and Adebola (been a very good player but has not scored many for a long time now) are good signings, I don't think the players are as bad as they looked on Saturday.

Don't think they appear suited to 4.3.3. 5 central strikers (Donnelly, Adebola, Grant, Grimes, Curran) and Putteril but not one is a natural wide player. 4 central midfielders (B-M, Kennedy, Cavanagh, Tutte). We know 3 of these are defensive and none really get forward to support Adebola. Tutte has looked a bit more postive this season but he is no Done in terms of an attacking midfielder.

No natural width. Easy to defend when everything is played in the central 20 yards. Need a natural winger and ability to play with width if only to have a plan B

Look at the player in possession. How many options does he have? Very few except to go back as the movement is poor or there are no outlet balls to either flank. Has nearly always been like this at Dale with the exception of under Hill. However he did have Kennedy, Perkins, Dawson, Wiseman, O;Grady, Buckley, Le Fondre, Dagnell, Done, who are now at Championship sides and above as well as Adams, A-A who are in good L1 sides. Maybe it is just that we are lacking the quality of player we grew used to for a while.

I know other teams play 4-3-3 but they seem to do it better. Never a particular favourite formation of mine even when played well

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024