Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
frig me 11:58 - Sep 9 with 7507 viewsThreeLions

Some shit been posted on this forum since the end of the game last night. It's one defeat FFS. Some are still stuck in the hill and league one days on here. Time for a bit of realism me thinks. I still think it will come good and yesterday was just a bad day at the office.
frig me on 19:07 - Sep 9 with 1790 viewsdale10

your from sudden says it all really
frig me on 19:09 - Sep 9 with 1777 viewsolympicdale

frig me on 17:29 - Sep 9 by AtThePeake

I'll keep on supporting Coleman because I always wanted him as manager and realistically I think he's as good as we'll get at a club our size.

However, I understand the frustrations of some of the people on here. The only team we've actually beaten so far is Barnet, and in my 10 or so years of watching lower league football, Barnet are the worst team I've seen. They are seriously bad. And the worrying part of that game was that we didn't look all that much better than them.

And nobody expected a Hill-esque rejuvenation at the start of the season, but what everyone did expect from a team run by Coleman, is fight, endeavour and determination. A team of players who will battle, if nothing else. I don't think we've seen all that much of that yet. I didn't go to the two away games, but from what I've seen at Spotland, we've been boring, lacking energy and fight. Particularly yesterday, and that, in my opinion, is why people are getting frustrated. It is understandable, even if some people are taking it too far.

We looked at least 2/3 levels above Northampton, should have beaten them,we were incredibly unlucky not to beat Chesterfield, lost to Torquay but we always seem to do at Plainmoor, and comfortably beat Barnet without having to get out of 2nd gear. We could/should have had 3 maybe 6 points more than we have, one awful display i can live with, been a lot of over reactions on here since y/day, its a marathon not a sprint.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Life is a game of fate.

frig me on 19:10 - Sep 9 with 1776 viewsBanned4ever

frig me on 19:06 - Sep 9 by dale10

1 win in a week the other was on pens i dont see what you see in colemans team at stanley bottom half of the table all the time apart from 1 season i have never had faith in him. I cant remember a rochdale team as bad as this 1. I go every week to

Your so right about,coleman
frig me on 19:18 - Sep 9 with 1758 viewsSuddenLad

1 win in a week the other was on pens i dont see what you see in colemans team at stanley bottom half of the table all the time apart from 1 season i have never had faith in him. I cant remember a rochdale team as bad as this 1. I go every week to

As I said before, if this is as bad as you've ever seen it, you aren't very old or you haven't been a regular attender for very long.

The more garbage you spout, the more you give yourself away.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

frig me on 19:29 - Sep 9 with 1744 viewsbilbobaggins

WE PAY OUR MONEY WE HAVE A RITE TO MOAN
frig me on 19:42 - Sep 9 with 1733 viewsTVOS1907

You can't have been coming very long then.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

frig me on 19:43 - Sep 9 with 1733 viewsTVOS1907

frig me on 15:15 - Sep 9 by JumeirahDale

Someone give this man a medal! Best summary I've seen so far BR.

Bart should get a medal for using the word 'perfunctory' on the board.

frig me on 01:39 - Sep 10 with 1649 viewsAtThePeake

frig me on 19:43 - Sep 9 by TVOS1907

Bart should get a medal for using the word 'perfunctory' on the board.

Perfunctory wasn't introduced to Rochdale until 2009 so fair play.

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

frig me on 09:35 - Sep 10 with 1611 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Nice to see some sensible comments on this thread.

The fact that it took forty years to get out of this division indicates that it is not the easiest of tasks. It even took Hill two and half seasons. Still, there are people who think that Coleman should have assembled a squad capable of this already.

The 'worse dale team ever' comments are utterly stupid.

We've seen how quickly a well-managed club/team can be dismantled (Eyre). We will now see that it takes far longer to rebuild a club/team than it does to dismantle it.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

frig me on 09:45 - Sep 10 with 1604 viewsfitzochris

Has anyone called for Coleman's head? I admit, I stopped reading all these threads after a while because it was too depressing, s I haven't seen it if anyone has.

If anyone has called for JC's head, it is certainly very premature. There are no signs here of Eyre-like cluelessness. JC is an experienced manager. He has a track record of getting results in the past. He has a track record of turning non-league players into players capable of playing at a higher level. These things, in my opinion, are what a club the size of ours needs.

My ire, presently, is not directed at JC (although the mumblings about training methods is a worry). I'm just annoyed that Saturday's game highlighted what, to a certain degree, we've got away with so far this season. A domination of possession without any real cutting edge.

On Saturday, the midfield boasted all the creativity of a corpse and not for the first time. Our forwards are not playing a game to suit the strengths either and, okay, perhaps JC can take the blame for that.

The key issue for me is one that I highlighted after the Barnsley game. There is too much onus on our full-backs to provide width for the whole field. That's fine for top level players, but full backs can't do that at this level and, if they can, they're playing at the wrong level.

Wingers are the obvious way around this - but we don't have any. We only have the loan market to go at now, if JC wants to address this, which I'm not even sure he does. I'm not saying 4-4-2 is the way to approach every game, but it would be nice to have that option - to keep the opposition guessing and to change the game if needed.

However, I think JC is a stubborn man and I think he'll persevere with what he's got. Kicking arse if he needs to.

We'll see if this full week of training yields a better result a Wimbledon.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

frig me on 12:57 - Sep 10 with 1525 viewsborodale4

Not that I am anywhere near a Coleman out opinion I just dont feel the guy is helping himdelf. This is modern era football and no matter what people's opinions are you cant deny sports science and training methods have evolved, however, not seemingly in JC's head. His training sessions are archaic, though admittedly, enjoyed by the majority of players. The club has no full time sports scientist, that makes us the only professional football club in the country to not do this. All teams need a triangle of players, management and support staff (eg, strength and conditioning coaches, physios, nutrionalists). If any of these are not up to the required standards success becomes very hard to achieve. In my opinion we are at least failing on the support staff side.
frig me on 13:01 - Sep 10 with 1521 viewsTVOS1907

frig me on 12:57 - Sep 10 by borodale4

Not that I am anywhere near a Coleman out opinion I just dont feel the guy is helping himdelf. This is modern era football and no matter what people's opinions are you cant deny sports science and training methods have evolved, however, not seemingly in JC's head. His training sessions are archaic, though admittedly, enjoyed by the majority of players. The club has no full time sports scientist, that makes us the only professional football club in the country to not do this. All teams need a triangle of players, management and support staff (eg, strength and conditioning coaches, physios, nutrionalists). If any of these are not up to the required standards success becomes very hard to achieve. In my opinion we are at least failing on the support staff side.

Serious question - can I ask how you know the training sessions are archaic?

There have been a few comments to that end on here since Saturday and I'm interested to know how some fans have so much insight into what does actually happen at training.

frig me on 13:02 - Sep 10 with 1520 viewsborodale4

frig me on 13:01 - Sep 10 by TVOS1907

Serious question - can I ask how you know the training sessions are archaic?

There have been a few comments to that end on here since Saturday and I'm interested to know how some fans have so much insight into what does actually happen at training.

I have attended several.
frig me on 13:03 - Sep 10 with 1519 viewsTVOS1907

frig me on 13:02 - Sep 10 by borodale4

I have attended several.

In what capacity?

frig me on 13:04 - Sep 10 with 1517 viewsborodale4

frig me on 13:03 - Sep 10 by TVOS1907

In what capacity?

A professional one.
frig me on 13:08 - Sep 10 with 1471 viewsTVOS1907

frig me on 13:04 - Sep 10 by borodale4

A professional one.

So do the management team know you think their training is archaic?

frig me on 13:11 - Sep 10 with 1467 viewsborodale4

frig me on 13:08 - Sep 10 by TVOS1907

So do the management team know you think their training is archaic?

I have not said it is not effective, merely an obervation. I stated the majority of players seem to very much enjoy the training sessions. However, having witnessed training sessions from a number of professional sports clubs over the past 12 months some of the ideas employed here have, again in my opinion, been left in the past. I am a Rochdale supporter and desperate for success. It is not neccessarly the on field side of training that is lacking.
frig me on 13:34 - Sep 10 with 1442 viewsRochblue

We had a similar start in the 2008-2009 season... the year we got to Wembley.
Our only win also being against Barnet, with 5 points from the first 5 games.
frig me on 13:41 - Sep 10 with 1432 viewsTVOS1907

frig me on 13:34 - Sep 10 by Rochblue

We had a similar start in the 2008-2009 season... the year we got to Wembley.
Our only win also being against Barnet, with 5 points from the first 5 games.

That was after we'd been to Wembley.

frig me on 13:49 - Sep 10 with 1416 viewsfitzochris

JC's opening line in his text interview sums it up for me. He says Burton arrived knowing how we played and set themselves up to counter it. That is going to happen every game until we develop the oft-mentioned Plan B.

Guess it's back over to the management now.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

frig me on 14:00 - Sep 10 with 1404 viewsRochblue

frig me on 13:41 - Sep 10 by TVOS1907

That was after we'd been to Wembley.

Oops so it was... I forgot about the season we got beat in the playoff semi's.
In that case, both season we got into the playoffs we got 5 points from our first 5 league games.
frig me on 14:07 - Sep 10 with 1398 viewsaleanddale

frig me on 13:49 - Sep 10 by fitzochris

JC's opening line in his text interview sums it up for me. He says Burton arrived knowing how we played and set themselves up to counter it. That is going to happen every game until we develop the oft-mentioned Plan B.

Guess it's back over to the management now.

Correct and we need to give him a little longer than the 3rd home league game and our 1st defeat.

I am glad i am not in the trenches with some off this forum FFS.

Whilst Saturday was undoubtably poor and a bitter disapointment we have to pull together and become a more of a 12th man.

If i were JC the following is where i would start.

A forward needs to be closer to Adebola and 443 puts our best strikers to far out on the wing. Get them closer in a formation to suit.

Play with 5 basic things - organisation Pride passion width and pace.

Play with No Fear ( any one remember that ) and express yourselves as footballers.

Get back to the basics of football and do them well. Holdness is so limited as a footballer its untrue but was so effective on saturday he looked like Paulo Maldini!.

i am reserving judgement until matchday 12 but i only expect the above and i will be happy as this alone would put us mid table ready for hopefully a push towards 7th in March and April.

Not seeing the above by game 12 ( and only 12 points on the board ) then i could be thinking a bit differently.

Tough times but some of the utter drivel spouted on here doesnt help.

The club head in sand attitude is a completely different story and a seperate area that needs addressing but lets get behind the team in the interim period starting at Wimbledon or we might as well put a padlock on the gates.

We have had much darker days - most need a reality check.

Good OP 3L. Thanks as i couldnt believe what i was reading this morning.
frig me on 15:34 - Sep 10 with 1345 viewslurker

3 points from play off spots

3 points from relegation spots

Last game of the season is on 27th April 2013

Today's date is 10th September 2012

frig me on 16:03 - Sep 10 with 1326 viewsTVOS1907

frig me on 13:11 - Sep 10 by borodale4

I have not said it is not effective, merely an obervation. I stated the majority of players seem to very much enjoy the training sessions. However, having witnessed training sessions from a number of professional sports clubs over the past 12 months some of the ideas employed here have, again in my opinion, been left in the past. I am a Rochdale supporter and desperate for success. It is not neccessarly the on field side of training that is lacking.

Thanks for the interesting reply.

Presuming someone has invited you to the training sessions, I presume they are OK with you posting your views on here?

Or are you watching through a bush with a pair of binoculars?

frig me on 17:24 - Sep 10 with 1286 viewsBigDaveMyCock

frig me on 13:04 - Sep 10 by borodale4

A professional one.

In that case. A few questions:

1) How many gallons of water do those big containers hold on those water drink machines?

2) Do you deliver them to the whole college or just to Dale training facilities?

3) When will they allow you to drive the van?

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024