Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JC Statement 11:55 - May 12 with 6189 viewsBartRowou

Apologies if this has been posted:

Rochdale manager John Coleman put out his retain list on Friday and insists there will be a whole new look and feel to the squad for the new campaign.

Coleman promised wholesale changes and he stands by that comment as he and his assistant Jimmy Bell prepare for life in League Two putting together a strong and competitive side capable competing at the top end of league Two.

The Dale boss said, " The release list is only the beginning of the radical squad overhaul promised at the culmination of last season. The disappointment of losing our League One status hurts us all but now it is time to put that behind us and to look forward to the future.

"We have several targets identified and it is anticipated that there will be plenty of comings and goings throughout the summer. Both Jimmy and I are confident that the squad assembled by the start of next season will have a whole new look and approach and will be capable of competing at the top end of league Two.

"All we ask is for is patience and for supporters to trust in what we are doing. We only have one aim and that is to bring success to Rochdale AFC and we are confident that we will do that.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

JC Statement on 12:03 - May 12 with 4536 views442Dale

How hard would it have been to have released this last night with the list?

It would have helped to explain things and we might not have seen the responses that appeared on here.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

JC Statement on 12:10 - May 12 with 4507 viewsSalwaDale

JC Statement on 12:03 - May 12 by 442Dale

It would have helped to explain things and we might not have seen the responses that appeared on here.

But that would be like the dog wagging the tail. How ridiculous.

TBBT

JC Statement on 12:21 - May 12 with 4474 viewsmaybee

I find it almost beyond belief that this statement was not put on yesterdays retained list announcement.

As 442 states...how hard would it have been?

Instead, we have had yet another day of negativity on here.

Pathetic again from the club.
JC Statement on 12:23 - May 12 with 4466 viewssweetcorn

JC Statement on 12:21 - May 12 by maybee

I find it almost beyond belief that this statement was not put on yesterdays retained list announcement.

As 442 states...how hard would it have been?

Instead, we have had yet another day of negativity on here.

Pathetic again from the club.

Because we're a tinpot club behind the scenes.

It hurts to admit it, but off the pitch we never seem to get ANYTHING right.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

JC Statement on 12:27 - May 12 with 4451 viewsThe_DJ

JC Statement on 12:10 - May 12 by SalwaDale

But that would be like the dog wagging the tail. How ridiculous.

Shambles.................

JC Statement on 12:44 - May 12 with 4411 viewsRochblue

Maybe this statement is a reaction to the negativity on the other thread, hence why it wasn't released alongside the list?

Just a thought.
JC Statement on 12:48 - May 12 with 4399 viewsSalwaDale

JC Statement on 12:44 - May 12 by Rochblue

Maybe this statement is a reaction to the negativity on the other thread, hence why it wasn't released alongside the list?

Just a thought.

Exactly. I think people are wondering why someone at the club didn't think that it would be a good idea beforehand.

TBBT

JC Statement on 12:49 - May 12 with 4390 views442Dale

It's been said that they take no notice of this messageboard at the club... but then they react to posts!

It's a valuable customer service tool but they won't accept that.

Login to get fewer ads

JC Statement on 12:59 - May 12 with 4356 viewsDaleMS

JC Statement on 12:48 - May 12 by SalwaDale

Exactly. I think people are wondering why someone at the club didn't think that it would be a good idea beforehand.

Coleman is a bulls****er
Widdowson is one of only 3 players who should of been kept, the other two Kennedy and Adams after that they should of all gone.
Wholesale changes what a joke this prannock is .....
Fancy offering new contracts to JLAA ( he is about fit for conference standard football) joe Thompson ( lol this kid is a complete waste of space)
Hackney ( Colchester got rid cos he wasnt good enough and a waste of a wage)
Amawhankar ( possible good conference standard player)
Bucket barsteward Murphy ( come on his is hopeless)
Widdowson gone so he can bring in a useless Accy bum chum.
Aso two other wasters from Accrington.
Why dot you mogs wake up and realise Accrington are not a very good team at all,everythime I have seen them they have been very poor, not one of their players has ever bossed a game or stood out.
But if you are hapy for coleman and bellend and dumbo to dry bum you then enjoy the ride.
I'm off to he bookies to get my money on relegation again since this lot havent got a clue.
Will be funny watching the Dale followed by 1000 mogs cos thats all that will be there by October.
JC Statement on 13:01 - May 12 with 4350 viewsSalwaDale

JC Statement on 12:59 - May 12 by DaleMS

Coleman is a bulls****er
Widdowson is one of only 3 players who should of been kept, the other two Kennedy and Adams after that they should of all gone.
Fancy offering new contracts to JLAA ( he is about fit for conference standard football) joe Thompson ( lol this kid is a complete waste of space)
Why dot you mogs wake up and realise Accrington are not a very good team at all,everythime I have seen them they have been very poor, not one of their players has ever bossed a game or stood out.
But if you are hapy for coleman and bellend and dumbo to dry bum you then enjoy the ride.
I'm off to he bookies to get my money on relegation again since this lot havent got a clue.
Will be funny watching the Dale followed by 1000 mogs cos thats all that will be there by October.

This Mog?

TBBT

JC Statement on 13:11 - May 12 with 4322 viewsolympicdale

JC Statement on 12:59 - May 12 by DaleMS

Coleman is a bulls****er

someone needs a new keyboard methinks.

Life is a game of fate.

JC Statement on 13:13 - May 12 with 4314 viewsDorsetDale

JC Statement on 12:03 - May 12 by 442Dale

Maybe it was done on purpose to highlight how fickle fans can be, one minute singing JCBA all through half an away game, the next, instead of trusting JC and what came out of HIS mouth about wholesale changes, calling him for not implementing said changes on a list not printed by him!?

Can just imagine it; "There you go John, look at the buggers, one minute behind you the next a knife to the back. Now stop trying to be honest wi' 'em cos they'll not appreciate it any road"

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

JC Statement on 13:17 - May 12 with 4296 viewsolympicdale

JC Statement on 13:01 - May 12 by SalwaDale

This Mog?

maybe this one

Life is a game of fate.

JC Statement on 13:23 - May 12 with 4284 viewsTomRAFC

the fact that this wasn't released with the list suggests that this is a response to the negative fan response

its a good response but released by a website run is such a way it comes across rather embarrasingly

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

JC Statement on 13:32 - May 12 with 4257 viewsmaybee

JC Statement on 13:23 - May 12 by TomRAFC

the fact that this wasn't released with the list suggests that this is a response to the negative fan response

its a good response but released by a website run is such a way it comes across rather embarrasingly

If it was released in response to negative fan reaction; then it shows that the tail is still wagging the dog.

If it was missed from the original released list article ; then it's a huge Public Relations OG by the club. I'm sure they haven't contacted JC this morning for his comments...this interview was almost certainly done at the time of the released list being made public and just fogotten about.

Either way... it's a very amateurish way to do things at exactly the time when everyone working for the club should be trying their hardest following a poor season.
JC Statement on 13:37 - May 12 with 4239 viewsolympicdale

JC Statement on 13:32 - May 12 by maybee

If it was released in response to negative fan reaction; then it shows that the tail is still wagging the dog.

If it was missed from the original released list article ; then it's a huge Public Relations OG by the club. I'm sure they haven't contacted JC this morning for his comments...this interview was almost certainly done at the time of the released list being made public and just fogotten about.

Either way... it's a very amateurish way to do things at exactly the time when everyone working for the club should be trying their hardest following a poor season.

The biggest worry is that the board don't learn from the mistakes of this year off the pitch that they made, in not keeping the fans up to date on events, keeping us in the dark. This is the first case of them seemingly not, and just hope it was a misunderstanding from someone who thought it was posted at the same time as the list.

Life is a game of fate.

JC Statement on 13:48 - May 12 with 4213 viewsTalkingSutty

JC Statement on 13:13 - May 12 by DorsetDale

Maybe it was done on purpose to highlight how fickle fans can be, one minute singing JCBA all through half an away game, the next, instead of trusting JC and what came out of HIS mouth about wholesale changes, calling him for not implementing said changes on a list not printed by him!?

Can just imagine it; "There you go John, look at the buggers, one minute behind you the next a knife to the back. Now stop trying to be honest wi' 'em cos they'll not appreciate it any road"

So the fans are just expected to sit on their hands and make no comment ? The way the team performed at times last season was abysmal, its not a case of not trusting JC, its more to do with issuing a released/retained list which appears to present more questions than answers and not providing any explanations to the fans.

As if by magic, today we have a statement from the manager. To suggest the fans are sticking a knife in the managers back is bang out of order, at first glance the retained list doesnt seem to concur with comments made by Coleman at the end of the season. His statement today, still gives a lot of us hope that some of those still at the club will never again be seen wearing a Rochdale shirt.

The problem here DD is lack of communication from the the club itself, but how many times have we said that ??
JC Statement on 13:56 - May 12 with 4184 viewsjorafc

Just a thought.... we dont actually know when the statement was given? It may have only been done this morning or late last night? It could have been planned days ago and Mr C hasnt had chance yet? After all I would have thought sorting out your players futures for the following season would be more important? Surely its impossible to put a statement on a website if you dont have one? We are all quick to jump at the website but if you dont have the information at hand then it must be pretty difficult! Unless of course you h=would like the club to start making them up to keep you happy?!
Obviously the retained list was a big one and everyone was desperate to see it, Im pretty sure JC would have been finalising that first and not thinking oh - I need to do a statement about the list I havent finished yet. Talks could have been going on up until its release which would make it impossible to write a statement, finish a list and finalise any talks all at the same time?
Just my thoughts but then again, most people would rather search for the negative points rather than look at the reasons behind things.....
JC Statement on 14:01 - May 12 with 4172 viewsjorafc

JC Statement on 13:48 - May 12 by TalkingSutty

So the fans are just expected to sit on their hands and make no comment ? The way the team performed at times last season was abysmal, its not a case of not trusting JC, its more to do with issuing a released/retained list which appears to present more questions than answers and not providing any explanations to the fans.

As if by magic, today we have a statement from the manager. To suggest the fans are sticking a knife in the managers back is bang out of order, at first glance the retained list doesnt seem to concur with comments made by Coleman at the end of the season. His statement today, still gives a lot of us hope that some of those still at the club will never again be seen wearing a Rochdale shirt.

The problem here DD is lack of communication from the the club itself, but how many times have we said that ??

Can you actually see that happen? Phonecall: Quick John the messageboard have spoken and they want a statement: John: Dont worry mate I have my pen and paper ready just incase. I reckon its just a timing thing to be honest. As I said in my last post - JC isnt a magic man - he cant do everything at the same time
JC Statement on 14:16 - May 12 with 4139 viewsColDale

JC Statement on 14:01 - May 12 by jorafc

Can you actually see that happen? Phonecall: Quick John the messageboard have spoken and they want a statement: John: Dont worry mate I have my pen and paper ready just incase. I reckon its just a timing thing to be honest. As I said in my last post - JC isnt a magic man - he cant do everything at the same time

I'd imagine the club possibly spent all day waiting for that statement from JC and the intentions were to release it with the names. When it got to about 6-30pm, and still had no statement, they had a bit of a panic and faced the quandary of releasing the names without the statement or delaying the release of the names despite having promised it for Friday.
JC Statement on 14:28 - May 12 with 4106 viewsDorsetDale

JC Statement on 13:48 - May 12 by TalkingSutty

TS it's quite apparrent from recent posts that you are one of those most pi$$ed off about the season as a whole, with very good reason I might add.

My post was tongue-in-cheek without the smiley.

There was no smiley as I was attempting to point out that what comes out of Coleman's mouth shouldn't neccessarily be equated with a story on the O/S that shows a list of players and not a single quote from anyone. Let's not forget, the O/S has a history of not quite getting things right - not JC's fault - yet that list attracted lengthy criticism of JC.

Given that there was a couple of days wait for the list, it should have been anticipated by the club that fans were going to feel a little let down and would therefore need further info by way of explanation.

We are actually in agreement TS about what should have happened. You may not have lost trust in JC but it's all too clear in this thread that on the basis of a list, many people were at least questioning his integrity.

To my mind it is just as silly people taking to heart a list without quotes or tangible information as it would be for the club to orchestrate such an event to keep JC from giving out too much info in the future.

That was my point above.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

JC Statement on 14:40 - May 12 with 4084 viewsTalkingSutty

JC Statement on 14:28 - May 12 by DorsetDale

TS it's quite apparrent from recent posts that you are one of those most pi$$ed off about the season as a whole, with very good reason I might add.

My post was tongue-in-cheek without the smiley.

There was no smiley as I was attempting to point out that what comes out of Coleman's mouth shouldn't neccessarily be equated with a story on the O/S that shows a list of players and not a single quote from anyone. Let's not forget, the O/S has a history of not quite getting things right - not JC's fault - yet that list attracted lengthy criticism of JC.

Given that there was a couple of days wait for the list, it should have been anticipated by the club that fans were going to feel a little let down and would therefore need further info by way of explanation.

We are actually in agreement TS about what should have happened. You may not have lost trust in JC but it's all too clear in this thread that on the basis of a list, many people were at least questioning his integrity.

To my mind it is just as silly people taking to heart a list without quotes or tangible information as it would be for the club to orchestrate such an event to keep JC from giving out too much info in the future.

That was my point above.

My mistake, i interpreted your post as being a slur on the supporters with words such as "fickle" and "knifing the manager in the back".

You are very right about me probably being one of those most pi**ed off with the season as a whole. I never have a problem with a player not being good enough, its the lack of effort and couldnt care less attitude that really infuriated me !!
JC Statement on 14:45 - May 12 with 4060 viewsTalkingSutty

JC Statement on 14:01 - May 12 by jorafc

Its nothing to do with timing or JC being a magic man, its just poor PR. The statement from the manager should have been issued at the same time as the released list, the quotes from the manager would have probably been recorded either Thursday or Friday but somebody decided not to put them on the site.
JC Statement on 14:52 - May 12 with 4038 views442Dale

JC Statement on 14:45 - May 12 by TalkingSutty

Its nothing to do with timing or JC being a magic man, its just poor PR. The statement from the manager should have been issued at the same time as the released list, the quotes from the manager would have probably been recorded either Thursday or Friday but somebody decided not to put them on the site.

But do the club care what fans think?

It's a simple question that every member of staff from office staff to board members should answer in the affirmative.

And it shouldn't matter where those supporters views and thoughts are aired.

JC Statement on 14:54 - May 12 with 4029 viewsolympicdale

JC Statement on 14:40 - May 12 by TalkingSutty

My mistake, i interpreted your post as being a slur on the supporters with words such as "fickle" and "knifing the manager in the back".

You are very right about me probably being one of those most pi**ed off with the season as a whole. I never have a problem with a player not being good enough, its the lack of effort and couldnt care less attitude that really infuriated me !!

I think thats what we're all so annoyed about, you can forgive lack of skill, but lack of effort is unforgivable and disgusting at any level, and the sooner we rid the players who had that attitude the better.

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024