Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our fans are shit 19:49 - Oct 19 with 3329 viewsPatfromPoole

Northam full of people on their phones, not watching the game. Generally not giving a shit.

And this was when we were 2-0 up FFS.

Try and start a song and people look at you as if you’re a weirdo.

Martin has to go. But he can take a lot of our fans with him.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Our fans are shit on 19:54 - Oct 19 with 2696 viewsgrumpy

That's life today, Pat.
I went to a top show in London and there was a guy in front who spent most of it looking at his phone.
It appears to be an addiction that people find hard to kick.
Our fans are shit on 20:22 - Oct 19 with 2590 viewssaintwizzler

But moving the away fans so we had a massive home end would be the answer to us being shit.

???

The away fans were in that corner when we were a top half team playing in Europe.

The problem is selling our best players and replacing with inferior ones.

You could also say that about the managers too.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Our fans are shit on 20:27 - Oct 19 with 2575 viewsgrumpy

Our fans are shit on 20:22 - Oct 19 by saintwizzler

But moving the away fans so we had a massive home end would be the answer to us being shit.

???

The away fans were in that corner when we were a top half team playing in Europe.

The problem is selling our best players and replacing with inferior ones.

You could also say that about the managers too.

Nothing to do with moving the away fans.
Not winning any games on the other hand.
Our fans are shit on 20:38 - Oct 19 with 2508 viewsSouthamptonfan

Totally agree Pat. The defending was criminal, the defeat very hard to take, and the manager must be on thin ice now, but you're right even at 2 nil, it was really quiet. Losing every week is boring, but it's even more boring when there is literally no interaction with the away support. The fans over there in the Chapel, just sit there in silence, and now so do those in the Northam. The atmosphere is worse than when the away fans were in the Northam. It's really quiet and sh!t.
[Post edited 19 Oct 20:39]

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Our fans are shit on 20:51 - Oct 19 with 2445 viewsgrumpy

Our fans are shit on 20:38 - Oct 19 by Southamptonfan

Totally agree Pat. The defending was criminal, the defeat very hard to take, and the manager must be on thin ice now, but you're right even at 2 nil, it was really quiet. Losing every week is boring, but it's even more boring when there is literally no interaction with the away support. The fans over there in the Chapel, just sit there in silence, and now so do those in the Northam. The atmosphere is worse than when the away fans were in the Northam. It's really quiet and sh!t.
[Post edited 19 Oct 20:39]

Oh come off it, we have 1 point from 8 games and have conceded 18 goals.
We have a manager who is tactically inept who throws subs about like confetti.
And we are complaining about the atmosphere.
Our fans are shit on 20:51 - Oct 19 with 2446 viewsJoiedevivre

Our fans are shit on 20:27 - Oct 19 by grumpy

Nothing to do with moving the away fans.
Not winning any games on the other hand.

The ability of the team, and their likely-hood of winning, is no excuse for fans to not chant (or make any noise at all). The problem comes from putting the loud amongst the mutes. The Itchen was kind of shit for the last few years but at least it wasn’t awkward to start a chant. Then it really would be a library.
Our fans are shit on 20:54 - Oct 19 with 2427 viewsgrumpy

Our fans are shit on 20:51 - Oct 19 by Joiedevivre

The ability of the team, and their likely-hood of winning, is no excuse for fans to not chant (or make any noise at all). The problem comes from putting the loud amongst the mutes. The Itchen was kind of shit for the last few years but at least it wasn’t awkward to start a chant. Then it really would be a library.

Perhaps if we stopped giving those oh so loud away fans something to sing about might help.
Cant hear them half as much as when they had the Northam end.
Our fans are shit on 21:01 - Oct 19 with 2396 viewsSouthamptonfan

Our fans are shit on 20:51 - Oct 19 by grumpy

Oh come off it, we have 1 point from 8 games and have conceded 18 goals.
We have a manager who is tactically inept who throws subs about like confetti.
And we are complaining about the atmosphere.

I have a season ticket and have for 30 years. Yes we are losing but we were quiet even at 2 nil. The atmosphere is relaxed (too relaxed), no winding up of the fans of either side and it's really quiet. The home fans in the Itchen North surging towards the away fans, the banter that used to take place, doesn't happen anymore. It's the quietest I have ever known. Many may say that's a good thing for fan safety, but it's very quiet in the ground when we are in the lead. Fans just sit there likes it's a library.
[Post edited 19 Oct 21:11]

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Login to get fewer ads

Our fans are shit on 21:06 - Oct 19 with 2377 viewsgrumpy

Our fans are shit on 21:01 - Oct 19 by Southamptonfan

I have a season ticket and have for 30 years. Yes we are losing but we were quiet even at 2 nil. The atmosphere is relaxed (too relaxed), no winding up of the fans of either side and it's really quiet. The home fans in the Itchen North surging towards the away fans, the banter that used to take place, doesn't happen anymore. It's the quietest I have ever known. Many may say that's a good thing for fan safety, but it's very quiet in the ground when we are in the lead. Fans just sit there likes it's a library.
[Post edited 19 Oct 21:11]

'The home fans in the Itchen North surging towards the away fans'
Charging with their mobile phones on video no doubt.
Have we forgotten when there was a big away support how we were pushed aside?
The atmosphere is nothing to do with moving away fans its because we cant win a game and
we don't even look likely to.
Our fans are shit on 21:51 - Oct 19 with 2178 viewssaint22

Our fans are shit on 21:06 - Oct 19 by grumpy

'The home fans in the Itchen North surging towards the away fans'
Charging with their mobile phones on video no doubt.
Have we forgotten when there was a big away support how we were pushed aside?
The atmosphere is nothing to do with moving away fans its because we cant win a game and
we don't even look likely to.

It’s years of abject failure and the same mistakes made throughout the club that people are bored with

Fans on phones is just society every one has to be on their phone at dinner in the movies, driving, watching football doing everything and sharing it with everyone when actually doing F all
Our fans are shit on 22:02 - Oct 19 with 2124 viewskingslandstand1

Our fans are shit on 19:54 - Oct 19 by grumpy

That's life today, Pat.
I went to a top show in London and there was a guy in front who spent most of it looking at his phone.
It appears to be an addiction that people find hard to kick.

And don't go to gigs where people pay good money for a concert and talk all the way through!
Our fans are shit on 22:48 - Oct 19 with 1882 viewsWestEndBoy

F#ck me you are boring
Our fans are shit on 22:49 - Oct 19 with 1877 viewsWestEndBoy

Nothing wrong with our support today you are talking nonsense
Our fans are shit on 00:37 - Oct 20 with 1685 viewsChesham_Saint

Our fans are shit on 22:49 - Oct 19 by WestEndBoy

Nothing wrong with our support today you are talking nonsense

I agree. From the Itchen where I sit, the Northam was pretty loud throughout. I though the Leicester lot were docile until the second half when the ref (who might as well have been wearing a blue shirt) allowed then back into it.

It’s a long 160 mile return drive for me having to stomach that, but considering the shit we’ve suffered I thought our fans did ok.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Our fans are shit on 07:21 - Oct 20 with 1472 viewsPatfromPoole

Our fans are shit on 22:48 - Oct 19 by WestEndBoy

F#ck me you are boring

Top bantz.

Our fans are shit on 08:03 - Oct 20 with 1354 viewscocklebreath

Our fans are shit on 07:21 - Oct 20 by PatfromPoole

Top bantz.

You looked very stoney faced as you walked towards the painted wagon post match, I carried on towards the train station oblivious to it being closed and spent £26 and an hour and a half in a taxi to get to Southampton parkway, a truely terrible day only good bit was getting a glimpse of our most famous social media fan and of course cheering Bstokes finest onto the pitch

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Our fans are shit on 08:13 - Oct 20 with 1302 viewsPatfromPoole

Our fans are shit on 08:03 - Oct 20 by cocklebreath

You looked very stoney faced as you walked towards the painted wagon post match, I carried on towards the train station oblivious to it being closed and spent £26 and an hour and a half in a taxi to get to Southampton parkway, a truely terrible day only good bit was getting a glimpse of our most famous social media fan and of course cheering Bstokes finest onto the pitch

Could have been worse.

You could have been on a rail replacement bus back to Bournemouth with insufferable Boscombe fans sat at the back of the bus watching their game against Arsenal on their phones.

I have rarely wanted Arsenal to win a game so much.

Whilst needing a piss after the Painted Wagon pints.

An utterly dismal day.
[Post edited 20 Oct 8:14]

Our fans are shit on 08:16 - Oct 20 with 1271 viewsPatfromPoole

Our fans are shit on 08:03 - Oct 20 by cocklebreath

How was Saint Rob?

Our fans are shit on 08:16 - Oct 20 with 1267 viewscocklebreath

Our fans are shit on 08:13 - Oct 20 by PatfromPoole

Could have been worse.

You could have been on a rail replacement bus back to Bournemouth with insufferable Boscombe fans sat at the back of the bus watching their game against Arsenal on their phones.

I have rarely wanted Arsenal to win a game so much.

Whilst needing a piss after the Painted Wagon pints.

An utterly dismal day.
[Post edited 20 Oct 8:14]

You win.
Bournemouth on a different level to Saints is hard to believe, it reminds me of when Reading were above us, that was also hard to take.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Our fans are shit on 09:08 - Oct 20 with 1199 viewseuasabioscummer

Northam was okay yesterday from what I heard. Were no ultras but come on. Fans on every forum up and down the country have the same discussion debate about atmosphere being crap nowadays. We are no different. I'm as critical of our own patch as anyone but in the main our support is mid range. Not amazing but not bad despite that recent Facebook story going round saying at Mary's is crap atmosphere. Think the article was written by someone with a chip on their shoulders. Start winning a few games would help too 🤣 COYR
Our fans are shit on 09:21 - Oct 20 with 1138 viewsTripleNiemi

So easy to be flippant, but really, the game as we know it has gone. It’s not just the whole mobile phone or Social Media side of things, it’s the crass bias / non consistency / and blatant manipulation of the rules in the game as well these days. Mind you, a lot of it does improve to some extent when your particular team has a bit of success.

On the OP subject though, it pains me to say this, but I actually despise a lot of our fans now - absolute Noddies who look at you with disdain for questioning anything about the club, manager, or how things are going. As for the love in with this so called wonderful ‘style’ or brand of football….,

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Our fans are OK on 09:23 - Oct 20 with 1118 viewsdirk_doone

Our fans are shit on 00:37 - Oct 20 by Chesham_Saint

I agree. From the Itchen where I sit, the Northam was pretty loud throughout. I though the Leicester lot were docile until the second half when the ref (who might as well have been wearing a blue shirt) allowed then back into it.

It’s a long 160 mile return drive for me having to stomach that, but considering the shit we’ve suffered I thought our fans did ok.

Yes, the Northam was louder than it would have been under the previous setup, after a terrible run of results left us bottom of the table.

The constant whingeing and moaning about our fans from an individual who didn't like the changes to the setup is getting very boring and depressing. It's the last thing we need after a result like yesterday's. In fact, that's what's really sh!t.
[Post edited 20 Oct 9:27]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Our fans OK on 09:28 - Oct 20 with 1085 viewsPatfromPoole

Our fans are OK on 09:23 - Oct 20 by dirk_doone

Yes, the Northam was louder than it would have been under the previous setup, after a terrible run of results left us bottom of the table.

The constant whingeing and moaning about our fans from an individual who didn't like the changes to the setup is getting very boring and depressing. It's the last thing we need after a result like yesterday's. In fact, that's what's really sh!t.
[Post edited 20 Oct 9:27]

I didn’t like the changes, but was open-minded about giving it a try.

It isn’t the club’s fault that the atmosphere is crap, and that people would rather piss about on their phones then support the team.

You have dribbled on about us having a home end for years, in a pretty boring and depressing way.

Hasn’t worked, has it?

Our fans OK on 09:51 - Oct 20 with 1018 viewsgrumpy

Our fans OK on 09:28 - Oct 20 by PatfromPoole

I didn’t like the changes, but was open-minded about giving it a try.

It isn’t the club’s fault that the atmosphere is crap, and that people would rather piss about on their phones then support the team.

You have dribbled on about us having a home end for years, in a pretty boring and depressing way.

Hasn’t worked, has it?

'Hasn’t worked, has it?'

Tell me what the atmosphere would be like in another ground if they had been served up the football we have?
Our fans OK on 09:58 - Oct 20 with 982 viewsPatfromPoole

Our fans OK on 09:51 - Oct 20 by grumpy

'Hasn’t worked, has it?'

Tell me what the atmosphere would be like in another ground if they had been served up the football we have?

But even when we were 2-0 up yesterday, the place was like a morgue.

We don’t have enough fans prepared to make a noise.

It doesn’t need to be a chant, just some noise would do.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024