Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has he gone yet? 18:05 - Oct 19 with 2444 viewskingslandstand1

Anyone know if Dragon was there today, or if he even watches any games, but surely today should convince powers that be that he should go now
Has he gone yet? on 18:16 - Oct 19 with 2376 viewsChesham_Saint

Talking to several Saints fans afterwards (none of whom I knew) not one of them had a good word to say about the man. So how many happy-clappy Wuss-ball wallies are there still? A few on here no doubt…? Come out, come out, wherever you are?
[Post edited 19 Oct 18:16]

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Has he gone yet? on 18:30 - Oct 19 with 2301 viewsBLEEDRED

He was there
Has he gone yet? on 18:31 - Oct 19 with 2288 viewsWestEndBoy

No man on edge of box again inexcusable .same as Ipswich
Has he gone yet? on 19:11 - Oct 19 with 2121 viewsJoeEgg

Has he gone yet? on 18:31 - Oct 19 by WestEndBoy

No man on edge of box again inexcusable .same as Ipswich

Presumably when you make so many panic substitutions the players forget who's responsibility it is to mark on the edge of the box. 2 weeks to prepare for this - and that includes the last 30 minutes and the marking in the box. The managers and coaches are chiefly responsible - but which player is RM claiming didn't do his job?
Has he gone yet? on 19:57 - Oct 19 with 1927 viewsSaintcole7

Has he gone yet? on 18:16 - Oct 19 by Chesham_Saint

Talking to several Saints fans afterwards (none of whom I knew) not one of them had a good word to say about the man. So how many happy-clappy Wuss-ball wallies are there still? A few on here no doubt…? Come out, come out, wherever you are?

Hi Chesham, always appreciate your views, today was more than disappointing, I'm not a happy clapper but I'm not sure who can do any better with this lot, for what it's worth, IMO, who will the board get in??? Another Nathan Jones type??? Again IMO who ever is in charge of our transfers is the problem, we "wasted" millions on 2 potential CB's, millions on players loaned to our sister club, millions on two failed Sheffield United strikers from last season (admittedly Archer scored today but did little else). Other than Ramsdale we did not invest, last May we needed a top class goalkeeper, top class striker, an experienced/reasonable CB and to retain THB and Downes, we got 3 of the 5 needed and that is the problem regardless of who is managing them, as I say my opinion! And why Fernandez was taken off and Lalana not introduced is a mystery and is down to the manager, so maybe a new manager could make a difference but that person needs PL experience, which I can't see us getting?
Has he gone yet? on 20:08 - Oct 19 with 1888 viewsgrumpy

Has he gone yet? on 19:57 - Oct 19 by Saintcole7

Hi Chesham, always appreciate your views, today was more than disappointing, I'm not a happy clapper but I'm not sure who can do any better with this lot, for what it's worth, IMO, who will the board get in??? Another Nathan Jones type??? Again IMO who ever is in charge of our transfers is the problem, we "wasted" millions on 2 potential CB's, millions on players loaned to our sister club, millions on two failed Sheffield United strikers from last season (admittedly Archer scored today but did little else). Other than Ramsdale we did not invest, last May we needed a top class goalkeeper, top class striker, an experienced/reasonable CB and to retain THB and Downes, we got 3 of the 5 needed and that is the problem regardless of who is managing them, as I say my opinion! And why Fernandez was taken off and Lalana not introduced is a mystery and is down to the manager, so maybe a new manager could make a difference but that person needs PL experience, which I can't see us getting?

Big Sam would at least be amusing,
Heaven knows we Saints fans need a laugh.
Has he gone yet? on 22:03 - Oct 19 with 1689 viewssaintmark1976

Has he gone yet? on 18:16 - Oct 19 by Chesham_Saint

So the club only being able to obtain one point from a possible twenty four is all the fault of one man is it Chesham ?

Of course it isn’t. It’s because collectively our squad isn’t good enough to compete in The Premiership and most fans can see that as the problem.

Sports Republics player recruitment record is absolutely outstanding in that they have consistently purchased sub standard players at absurd cost. If I could be bothered I would make a list but it’s not necessary because we all know who they are.

We currently have two, perhaps three players who would command even consideration for a starting place in any other Premiership team. All of the rest just can’t cut it in the top flight as our current league position confirms.

Russell Martin hasn’t helped himself and as an example his decision today to remove Sugar and introduce Fraser was bizarre in the extreme, but to suggest that fault lies solely with him is frankly naive.

Let’s say he goes. Do you seriously think that given their previous record Sports Republic will appoint an adequate replacement who will improve our existing squad sufficiently to avoid relegation ? It’s my opinion that no such manager exists and even if I’m wrong you can bet your house that Sports Republic won’t find him.

Poll: Who is responsible for our poor start to the season?

Has he gone yet? on 00:29 - Oct 20 with 1407 viewsChesham_Saint

Has he gone yet? on 22:03 - Oct 19 by saintmark1976

So the club only being able to obtain one point from a possible twenty four is all the fault of one man is it Chesham ?

Of course it isn’t. It’s because collectively our squad isn’t good enough to compete in The Premiership and most fans can see that as the problem.

Sports Republics player recruitment record is absolutely outstanding in that they have consistently purchased sub standard players at absurd cost. If I could be bothered I would make a list but it’s not necessary because we all know who they are.

We currently have two, perhaps three players who would command even consideration for a starting place in any other Premiership team. All of the rest just can’t cut it in the top flight as our current league position confirms.

Russell Martin hasn’t helped himself and as an example his decision today to remove Sugar and introduce Fraser was bizarre in the extreme, but to suggest that fault lies solely with him is frankly naive.

Let’s say he goes. Do you seriously think that given their previous record Sports Republic will appoint an adequate replacement who will improve our existing squad sufficiently to avoid relegation ? It’s my opinion that no such manager exists and even if I’m wrong you can bet your house that Sports Republic won’t find him.

It’s not the fault of one man, but it is the responsibility of one man - the manager. Our manager is not good enough. It’s as simple as that.

One point is hapless by any reasonable standard. The board have got it wrong so many times recently + and I’ve never thought Martin is the answer. We scraped up last season - when any good manager should have achieved that with the squad we had.

So yes, get rid and do what we can to get Potter in. I travel thousands of miles a season to see Saints so like you, I care. Watching this hapless narcissistic tvvat is unacceptable. We’ve had worse squads and done better. You really want to see this man in charge for the rest of the season? I don’t, and I’ve sat through incompetents such as Branfoot, Selles and Nathan Jones. There HAS to be someone better.

Login to get fewer ads

Has he gone yet? on 01:56 - Oct 20 with 1331 viewssaintpaz

this is perfectly set up for Potter
Has he gone yet? on 06:36 - Oct 20 with 1240 viewsmushinexile

"We scraped up last season - when any good manager should have achieved that with the squad we had. "

Exactly. We would have failed had the useless keeper not been injured.
RM could not see that he was the problem and not the solution and kept playing him.

Our players were good enough to earn promotion and are ( just) good enough to stay up but Russell has crippled the team with a one trick mind.
The damage is done. Get rid of him.
Has he gone yet? on 10:41 - Oct 20 with 1053 viewsChesham_Saint

Has he gone yet? on 06:36 - Oct 20 by mushinexile

"We scraped up last season - when any good manager should have achieved that with the squad we had. "

Exactly. We would have failed had the useless keeper not been injured.
RM could not see that he was the problem and not the solution and kept playing him.

Our players were good enough to earn promotion and are ( just) good enough to stay up but Russell has crippled the team with a one trick mind.
The damage is done. Get rid of him.

I counted at least three times in the first half when the centre half passed to Ramsdale followed by some tippy-tappy and an inevitable ‘turnover’ to Leicester. We just do not learn - Martin seems to have brainwashed the lot with his philosophy.

That’s why I would welcome a sound, down to earth realist such as Potter instead.

In short, taxi for Rylan!

Has he gone yet? on 10:51 - Oct 20 with 1016 viewssaintwizzler

Why would you want that crook in charge?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Has he gone yet? on 11:00 - Oct 20 with 999 viewsPatfromPoole

Has he gone yet? on 22:03 - Oct 19 by saintmark1976

The Premiership?

We do not play in Scotland.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Has he gone yet? on 11:11 - Oct 20 with 977 viewsChesham_Saint

Has he gone yet? on 10:51 - Oct 20 by saintwizzler

Why would you want that crook in charge?

Crook? Who dat?

Has he gone yet? on 11:41 - Oct 20 with 890 viewssaintwizzler

Has he gone yet? on 11:11 - Oct 20 by Chesham_Saint

Crook? Who dat?

Sam Allardyce

Has he gone yet? on 12:08 - Oct 20 with 803 viewssaintmark1976

Has he gone yet? on 00:29 - Oct 20 by Chesham_Saint

It’s not the fault of one man, but it is the responsibility of one man - the manager. Our manager is not good enough. It’s as simple as that.

One point is hapless by any reasonable standard. The board have got it wrong so many times recently + and I’ve never thought Martin is the answer. We scraped up last season - when any good manager should have achieved that with the squad we had.

So yes, get rid and do what we can to get Potter in. I travel thousands of miles a season to see Saints so like you, I care. Watching this hapless narcissistic tvvat is unacceptable. We’ve had worse squads and done better. You really want to see this man in charge for the rest of the season? I don’t, and I’ve sat through incompetents such as Branfoot, Selles and Nathan Jones. There HAS to be someone better.

Well Chesham, at least we’ve found some common ground in that we both care about the Saints.Personally I’ve probably cared far too long having seen my first game during the 1959/60 season.

Where we currently differ is that you appear to admit that “ The board have got it wrong” but now suggest that they are competent to source a satisfactory replacement for Russell Martin.

My view is that Sports Republic themselves are as unfit for purpose as you suggest Russell Martin is.They got us relegated previously when we had some established Premier quality players and to all intents and purposes they have already succeeded this time around after only eight games, having assembled a squad of extremely limited ability during the last transfer window.

I’m truly agnostic as to whether Russell Martin stays or goes ( or Potter or A N O arrives ) because with Sports Republic in control we are inevitably headed for a league commensurate with their abilities, i e The Championship.

There’s even a part of me that thinks that it may have been their intention all along in that it fits with their long term business plan of being a big fish in a small pond.

Saints future with Sports Republic:- An attractive lower league feeder club for long established Premiership teams.
[Post edited 20 Oct 12:11]

Has he gone yet? on 12:32 - Oct 20 with 751 viewsPatfromPoole

Has he gone yet? on 12:08 - Oct 20 by saintmark1976

Well Chesham, at least we’ve found some common ground in that we both care about the Saints.Personally I’ve probably cared far too long having seen my first game during the 1959/60 season.

Where we currently differ is that you appear to admit that “ The board have got it wrong” but now suggest that they are competent to source a satisfactory replacement for Russell Martin.

My view is that Sports Republic themselves are as unfit for purpose as you suggest Russell Martin is.They got us relegated previously when we had some established Premier quality players and to all intents and purposes they have already succeeded this time around after only eight games, having assembled a squad of extremely limited ability during the last transfer window.

I’m truly agnostic as to whether Russell Martin stays or goes ( or Potter or A N O arrives ) because with Sports Republic in control we are inevitably headed for a league commensurate with their abilities, i e The Championship.

There’s even a part of me that thinks that it may have been their intention all along in that it fits with their long term business plan of being a big fish in a small pond.

Saints future with Sports Republic:- An attractive lower league feeder club for long established Premiership teams.

We haven’t sold anybody to Celtic or Rangers for quite a while.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Has he gone yet? on 12:41 - Oct 20 with 707 viewssaintmark1976

Has he gone yet? on 12:32 - Oct 20 by PatfromPoole

We haven’t sold anybody to Celtic or Rangers for quite a while.

Hello Pat.

Genuine question. What am I doing wrong in my description of the league we currently play in please ? I’m happy for you to put me right if I’ve got it wrong.

Has he gone yet? on 12:47 - Oct 20 with 683 viewsblubberboy

I was so depressed last night I couldn't bring myself to watch any of the post-match coverage but I'm guessing RM will blame the players again. The players will do what you tell them to so if they do the wrong things it's your fault, and if they're ignoring what you tell them to do that's just as bad. I actually thought we played OK yesterday but bizarre substitutions and defensive naivety cost us in the end. All this makes me think that these players can and will do better under another manager.

Thanks for a great 2023-24, RM. But as with Adkins the Board should realise that the Premiership is a step too far for you. We need a manager who understands that results count and that the PL is not a place in which to experiment or stick to misplaced "ideals".
Has he gone yet? on 14:37 - Oct 20 with 520 viewsChesham_Saint

Has he gone yet? on 12:08 - Oct 20 by saintmark1976

You are right, SR most likely are not for for purpose and I made the point they lack the financial muscle to be serious owners when they came in.

The reality though is that they are immovable (short of a serious third party offer which doesn’t look likely) and we are stuck with them. Sadly, the longer term effect on me and my love affair with Saints could be terminal as a result so yes, I’d like them out.

Meanwhile Martin is far from immovable and is by any reasonable measure failing. Blind faith in him turning it around doesn’t seem reasonable to me. An alternative manager, could however do that or of course fail, but I prefer those odds to sticking with a dogmatic narcissist who cannot see the wood for the trees.

Has he gone yet? on 15:22 - Oct 20 with 443 viewssaintmark1976

Has he gone yet? on 14:37 - Oct 20 by Chesham_Saint

You are right, SR most likely are not for for purpose and I made the point they lack the financial muscle to be serious owners when they came in.

The reality though is that they are immovable (short of a serious third party offer which doesn’t look likely) and we are stuck with them. Sadly, the longer term effect on me and my love affair with Saints could be terminal as a result so yes, I’d like them out.

Meanwhile Martin is far from immovable and is by any reasonable measure failing. Blind faith in him turning it around doesn’t seem reasonable to me. An alternative manager, could however do that or of course fail, but I prefer those odds to sticking with a dogmatic narcissist who cannot see the wood for the trees.

100% on side with the content of your second paragraph Chesham.

Like your good self I’m starting to think the previously unthinkable. Disenchantment with Sports Republic and the direction of travel of The Premiership in general plus advancing old age could well make this my final season.

Yesterday has given Sports Republic a once a season opportunity to dismiss Russell Martin with all the planets alining so to speak.

If he is still in charge next Saturday at Man City then I suspect we will need to get used to the fact that whatever happens for the remainder of the season his position is secure.

A crucial week in the history of Southampton Football Club Ltd awaits us. Then again there have been a few of those recently haven’t there ?

Has he gone yet? on 15:46 - Oct 20 with 364 viewssaint22

Has he gone yet? on 15:22 - Oct 20 by saintmark1976

100% on side with the content of your second paragraph Chesham.

Like your good self I’m starting to think the previously unthinkable. Disenchantment with Sports Republic and the direction of travel of The Premiership in general plus advancing old age could well make this my final season.

Yesterday has given Sports Republic a once a season opportunity to dismiss Russell Martin with all the planets alining so to speak.

If he is still in charge next Saturday at Man City then I suspect we will need to get used to the fact that whatever happens for the remainder of the season his position is secure.

A crucial week in the history of Southampton Football Club Ltd awaits us. Then again there have been a few of those recently haven’t there ?

Next week is a free hit
There is no reason not to sack Wuss today and replace him with Potter
EXCEPT for Money and if that’s all that drives SR I fear we may be stuck with this muppet all season and will sink like a stone with probably hugely embarrassing stats that will stain our clubs history

But do they care??
Has he gone yet? on 16:37 - Oct 20 with 310 viewssaintwizzler

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024