Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martins Substitutions 10:31 - Sep 22 with 1690 viewsgrumpy

Can anyone make any sense of them?
What is he doing with Ross Stewart?
[Post edited 22 Sep 10:33]
Martins Substitutions on 10:51 - Sep 22 with 1629 viewsNumber_58

Out of interest, what substitutions would you have made?
Martins Substitutions on 13:49 - Sep 22 with 1416 viewscocklebreath

I think the only mistake was taking Fernandes off for Aribo, he was excellent yesterday

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Martins Substitutions on 14:51 - Sep 22 with 1358 views10i

Stewart should have been 1 on 1 with their Keeper after Diblings sublime Pass and ends up Not even creating a scoring opportunity out of that move. The commentators stated that if Archer was still on, He would have been through on goal - though who knows if He would have buried it.
Then Stewart followed that up with an idiotic tackle, after Not caring enough to track back in time, which finally led to that corner. It's like Mara never left...
Martins Substitutions on 15:10 - Sep 22 with 1323 viewsgrumpy

Martins Substitutions on 10:51 - Sep 22 by Number_58

Out of interest, what substitutions would you have made?

I wouldn’t have Archer in the team with Diaz on the bench Why take Fernandez off and replace him with Aribo? Throwing subs about like confetti doesn’t help.
Martins Substitutions on 15:14 - Sep 22 with 1300 viewssaintmark1976

Martins Substitutions on 14:51 - Sep 22 by 10i

Stewart should have been 1 on 1 with their Keeper after Diblings sublime Pass and ends up Not even creating a scoring opportunity out of that move. The commentators stated that if Archer was still on, He would have been through on goal - though who knows if He would have buried it.
Then Stewart followed that up with an idiotic tackle, after Not caring enough to track back in time, which finally led to that corner. It's like Mara never left...

It was there for everybody to see yesterday :-

Being kind Stewart was a yard off the pace, being unkind two yards.

He gives the impression of someone who has never played in The Premiership previously who is carrying a long term injury and has been out of regular professional football for a very long time, which of course he has.

In summary, another triumph in ineptitude for our club’s Recruitment Team to rival the purchase of Tall Paul, Diaz and Archer with others too numerous to mention.

Poll: On which date will we be relegated ?

Martins Substitutions on 15:15 - Sep 22 with 1293 viewsronan006

Martins Substitutions on 14:51 - Sep 22 by 10i

He's clearly rusty with all that time out, either that or he's just not prem standard.. Will only know after a run of games if he gets it... Would start him in the Carabo next round.
Martins Substitutions on 15:36 - Sep 22 with 1256 viewsgrumpy

Martins Substitutions on 15:14 - Sep 22 by saintmark1976

It was there for everybody to see yesterday :-

Being kind Stewart was a yard off the pace, being unkind two yards.

He gives the impression of someone who has never played in The Premiership previously who is carrying a long term injury and has been out of regular professional football for a very long time, which of course he has.

In summary, another triumph in ineptitude for our club’s Recruitment Team to rival the purchase of Tall Paul, Diaz and Archer with others too numerous to mention.

The way we have used Tall Paul is such a waste,is he so bad that the likes of Archer,Stewart,Armstrong and Diaz are so much better?
Martins Substitutions on 15:42 - Sep 22 with 1235 viewsBerber

Martins Substitutions on 15:15 - Sep 22 by ronan006

He's clearly rusty with all that time out, either that or he's just not prem standard.. Will only know after a run of games if he gets it... Would start him in the Carabo next round.

Well, I guess that he is “nearly ready” then, again.

Poll: How many wins this season sweepstake

Login to get fewer ads

Martins Substitutions on 15:47 - Sep 22 with 1226 viewsgrumpy

Martins Substitutions on 15:42 - Sep 22 by Berber

Well, I guess that he is “nearly ready” then, again.

He better score soon because I’m getting fed up waiting.
Martins Substitutions on 15:50 - Sep 22 with 1222 viewsGRIM

Martins Substitutions on 15:36 - Sep 22 by grumpy

The way we have used Tall Paul is such a waste,is he so bad that the likes of Archer,Stewart,Armstrong and Diaz are so much better?

Good point Grumps.
We'll never know how good or how bad Tall Paul could be for us.
But he is a proven goal scorer in other leagues but none of the other strikers we have are proven or able to score in Premier lge., so why not give Tall Paul a try.
His goalscoring record is at least as good as if not better than all of our other strikers.
I think it's personal & RM just doesn't like him but another Manager just might give him a go.
In desperate times you have to take desperate measures & that's where we are at the moment.
[Post edited 22 Sep 15:51]
Martins Substitutions on 17:03 - Sep 22 with 1114 viewsPatfromPoole

Onuachu was not what we needed yesterday in the second-half.

Pace on the break is a must; Cornet might have been useful.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Martins Substitutions on 17:59 - Sep 22 with 998 viewsGRIM

Martins Substitutions on 17:03 - Sep 22 by PatfromPoole

Sometimes particularly when your protecting a 1 - 0 lead you need a big target man up front who can hopefully hold the ball up to take the pressure of your defence.
Martins Substitutions on 18:00 - Sep 22 with 995 viewsgrumpy

Martins Substitutions on 17:03 - Sep 22 by PatfromPoole

To be honest,Pat the way we play our forwards I’m at a lost as to know what is needed.
Martins Substitutions on 18:10 - Sep 22 with 972 viewsgrumpy

Martins Substitutions on 17:59 - Sep 22 by GRIM

Sometimes particularly when your protecting a 1 - 0 lead you need a big target man up front who can hopefully hold the ball up to take the pressure of your defence.

There is precious little height up front. Set pieces and corners, we rely on Centre Half’s to come forward which has its risks.
Martins Substitutions on 00:01 - Sep 23 with 653 viewssaint22

Martins Substitutions on 18:10 - Sep 22 by grumpy

There is precious little height up front. Set pieces and corners, we rely on Centre Half’s to come forward which has its risks.

Our managers tactics are all over the place
Starting line ups changing each week
Bad subs and timing of them
Marking at corners and defensive positions
Attacking corners and players positioning
Martins Substitutions on 09:11 - Sep 23 with 385 viewsNumber_58

Martins Substitutions on 15:10 - Sep 22 by grumpy

I wouldn’t have Archer in the team with Diaz on the bench Why take Fernandez off and replace him with Aribo? Throwing subs about like confetti doesn’t help.

Again, just out of interest, who would you have started instead of Archer?
Martins Substitutions on 09:18 - Sep 23 with 372 viewsSaintNick

Martins Substitutions on 15:10 - Sep 22 by grumpy

Fernandez had run his herat out, Aribo can play a defensive role in the midfield, it was an obvious switch

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Martins Substitutions on 09:52 - Sep 23 with 312 viewsgrumpy

Martins Substitutions on 09:18 - Sep 23 by SaintNick

Fernandez had run his herat out, Aribo can play a defensive role in the midfield, it was an obvious switch

Fernandes came off with a few minutes to go Aribo was going to make little difference,Aribo was on after 59, it made no sense and it didn’t work.
Martins Substitutions on 09:54 - Sep 23 with 300 viewsGRIM

Martins Substitutions on 18:10 - Sep 22 by grumpy

Being a gambling man I would put good money on Tall Paul scoring more goals & providing mores assists than Ross Stewart ever will for our Club if he is ever given the chance to do it.
Also he's fit & strong, why play Ross Stewart when you've got Tall Paul.
Personally I don't think either are good enough for Premier Lge but given a choice I'd play Tall Paul anytime.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024