Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Starmer! Wow! 20:07 - Sep 18 with 9757 viewsWingstandwood

https://news.sky.com/story/sir-keir-starmer-declares-gifts-and-freebies-totallin

Argus!

Starmer! Wow! on 09:51 - Sep 24 with 1383 viewsonehunglow

Starmer! Wow! on 21:48 - Sep 23 by Whiterockin

Pay is not the only reason for people to leave some professions as you will know with teachers, the same with police. Many feel it is just not worth the hassle. The government can say they are going to recruit X number and pay whatever, but if the job is no longer attractive they won't get the numbers without drastically reducing the quality of the candidates. It's not all about money.

Police officers are leaving in droves l
Why?
A myriad of reasons but mainly work overload and the politicalisation of the job. The endless hoops and fences having to be surmounted if any direct action is to be taken ,ie to arrest someone .
It ain’t worth the hassle
Policing is basically pretty easy if you avoid criminals and their work . Some do their best to go through a career doing just that .
The drive to introduce a degree for detectives is the last straw . You do not need a degree to be a detective .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Starmer! Wow! on 17:38 - Sep 24 with 1261 viewscontroversial_jack

Starmer! Wow! on 09:51 - Sep 24 by onehunglow

Why?
A myriad of reasons but mainly work overload and the politicalisation of the job. The endless hoops and fences having to be surmounted if any direct action is to be taken ,ie to arrest someone .
Policing is basically pretty easy if you avoid criminals and their work . Some do their best to go through a career doing just that .
The drive to introduce a degree for detectives is the last straw . You do not need a degree to be a detective .

They should try getting a job in the private sector. They would get the shock of their lives
Starmer! Wow! on 17:53 - Sep 24 with 1232 viewsGwyn737

Starmer! Wow! on 21:48 - Sep 23 by Whiterockin

Pay is not the only reason for people to leave some professions as you will know with teachers, the same with police. Many feel it is just not worth the hassle. The government can say they are going to recruit X number and pay whatever, but if the job is no longer attractive they won't get the numbers without drastically reducing the quality of the candidates. It's not all about money.

Absolutely WR.

Pay has become key theme as it’s seen as a way as fending off other issues.

The key one for me is reversing the demonisation of some sectors of the public servants.

This has come from government. Look at the likes of what Braveman did to the police, or Gove did to teachers.

I say the same thing to anyone who says public service is a doss. If that’s the case, why can’t they recruit?

Want to be a teacher with 9 to 3 days, 14 weeks holiday and a gold plated final salary pension? Do it. With GCSE/O level maths in the bank you could be in the classroom in 12 months.
[Post edited 24 Sep 18:07]
Starmer! Wow! on 18:03 - Sep 24 with 1208 viewsWhiterockin

Starmer! Wow! on 17:53 - Sep 24 by Gwyn737

Absolutely WR.

Pay has become key theme as it’s seen as a way as fending off other issues.

The key one for me is reversing the demonisation of some sectors of the public servants.

This has come from government. Look at the likes of what Braveman did to the police, or Gove did to teachers.

I say the same thing to anyone who says public service is a doss. If that’s the case, why can’t they recruit?

Want to be a teacher with 9 to 3 days, 14 weeks holiday and a gold plated final salary pension? Do it. With GCSE/O level maths in the bank you could be in the classroom in 12 months.
[Post edited 24 Sep 18:07]

The health service is broken, education is broken, law and order is broken as are many other sectors. Until they are restructured and run properly with employee's getting the respect they deserve it will be impossible to recruit and retain good quality candidates.
Starmer! Wow! on 21:58 - Sep 24 with 1024 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Starmer wants to release the sausages!

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Starmer! Wow! on 22:05 - Sep 24 with 1012 viewsKeithHaynes

Starmer! Wow! on 21:58 - Sep 24 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

I think he should, and luckily I prefer beef.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Starmer! Wow! on 22:20 - Sep 24 with 988 viewsraynor94

I did hear him, it's that pesky Hamas snatching the Richmonds!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Starmer! Wow! on 22:47 - Sep 24 with 952 viewsmajorraglan

Starmer! Wow! on 09:51 - Sep 24 by onehunglow

Why?

My neighbours daughter joined the police a couple of years ago, he reckons quite a few officers in her Division are quitting it which is pretty much unprecedented down our way.

Lots of today’s recruits have degrees but they still have to undertake further studies for some kind of qualification and those that don’t degrees have to study for one as part of their probation and confirmation. Add in shifts, stress from mountains of paperwork, stress from studying, low wages and it’s a recipe for haemorrhaging staff. They can earn more money in the private sector and have a better quality of life.
Login to get fewer ads

Starmer! Wow! on 22:55 - Sep 24 with 924 viewshowenjack

Must have been thinking of King Charles either that or Greggs have promised him some freebies.
Starmer! Wow! on 23:31 - Sep 24 with 895 viewsmajorraglan

Interesting article reporting that Robert Jenrick front runner from r the Conservative leadership has taken three substantial donations from a company with a questionable history, very little trading history, never made a profit, based in a tax haven which total £75k.

From where I’m sitting that’s wors3 than the clothes issue because we’ve no idea who’s behind the money. It’ll be interesting to see if the Daily Mail or Telegraph report on it.

https://www.tortoisemedia.com/2024/09/20/robert-jenricks-top-donor-received-loan
[Post edited 24 Sep 23:34]
Starmer! Wow! on 01:02 - Sep 25 with 868 viewsRobbie

According to the latest BBC bulletin , Health Minister Wes Streeting has said the NHS is broken , true or not or spin to slag the Tories and this black hole they left behind .

If a Politician has actually said the truth I will doff my cap to that person , well done them.

Porky the pig is still sitting on my roof and chuckling at the moment though .
Starmer! Wow! on 06:16 - Sep 25 with 750 viewsWhiterockin

Starmer! Wow! on 22:47 - Sep 24 by majorraglan

My neighbours daughter joined the police a couple of years ago, he reckons quite a few officers in her Division are quitting it which is pretty much unprecedented down our way.

Lots of today’s recruits have degrees but they still have to undertake further studies for some kind of qualification and those that don’t degrees have to study for one as part of their probation and confirmation. Add in shifts, stress from mountains of paperwork, stress from studying, low wages and it’s a recipe for haemorrhaging staff. They can earn more money in the private sector and have a better quality of life.

The biggest reason they are leaving is because of lack of respect and the shite they get off a section of the public, if truth be told.
Starmer! Wow! on 07:18 - Sep 25 with 722 viewsonehunglow

Starmer! Wow! on 22:47 - Sep 24 by majorraglan

…which I am saying
It is no longer a job for life but one that still people could and would never do as it’s all about confrontation …face to face .

Starmer! Wow! on 07:33 - Sep 25 with 689 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Starmer! Wow! on 22:55 - Sep 24 by howenjack

Must have been thinking of King Charles either that or Greggs have promised him some freebies.

It’s probably likely some activist type has deliberately fiddled with the teleprompter to embarrass him knowing he will read whatever you write on there. A significant chunk of the Labour Party want him out asap knowing the irrevocable damage he is about to inflict on this country.

Starmer! Wow! on 07:41 - Sep 25 with 670 viewsonehunglow

Starmer! Wow! on 07:33 - Sep 25 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

It’s probably likely some activist type has deliberately fiddled with the teleprompter to embarrass him knowing he will read whatever you write on there. A significant chunk of the Labour Party want him out asap knowing the irrevocable damage he is about to inflict on this country.

They ,as I’ve said,are displaying exactly the same supine arrogance that the Conservatives did .
There will come a time when blaming the Tories wears off and people feel they will feel deceived .
This winter will be very tough for pensioners and not wealthy ones either .

Starmer! Wow! on 13:36 - Sep 25 with 538 viewsWingstandwood

Argus!

Starmer! Wow! on 13:52 - Sep 25 with 507 viewsKeithHaynes

Starmer! Wow! on 13:36 - Sep 25 by Wingstandwood

Idiot.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Starmer! Wow! on 13:53 - Sep 25 with 504 viewsonehunglow

Do as I do,not as I say
This lot I’ve read not as bad as the Tories
They jolly well are
Might turn out to be worse

Starmer! Wow! on 15:40 - Sep 25 with 431 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

His position is untenable already.

Government of service my arse.

Starmer! Wow! on 15:51 - Sep 25 with 414 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Starmer! Wow! on 13:53 - Sep 25 by onehunglow

Do as I do,not as I say
This lot I’ve read not as bad as the Tories
They jolly well are
Might turn out to be worse

I would love a mate like lord alli. Wonder what he’s getting out of it? The only issue I can really find that he’s passionate about is the lowering of the age of consent for gay sex which was changed under the Blair regime.

Starmer! Wow! on 16:01 - Sep 25 with 395 viewsFlashberryjack

That Boris guy was a lying snake that feathered his own nest, I'm so glad he's gone and been replaced with someone with the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Starmer! Wow! on 16:16 - Sep 25 with 386 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Starmer! Wow! on 16:01 - Sep 25 by Flashberryjack

That Boris guy was a lying snake that feathered his own nest, I'm so glad he's gone and been replaced with someone with the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles.

The worst bit is that he doesn’t think he’s doing anything wrong accepting these freebies. The guy is worth £15 million for gods sake. He doesn’t need any freebies.

Starmer! Wow! on 17:07 - Sep 25 with 365 viewsonehunglow

Starmer! Wow! on 15:51 - Sep 25 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

I would love a mate like lord alli. Wonder what he’s getting out of it? The only issue I can really find that he’s passionate about is the lowering of the age of consent for gay sex which was changed under the Blair regime.

What will that be 15,13 11 ?
Kids have their rights don’t they
I mean “ children” now quite capable of rape but referred to as a “ child”
The average urban mid teenager is nothing like what they were in my day,though in my dads day ,they’d be going off to fight in a war torn land

Starmer! Wow! on 17:13 - Sep 25 with 358 viewsWingstandwood

Starmer! Wow! on 16:16 - Sep 25 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

The worst bit is that he doesn’t think he’s doing anything wrong accepting these freebies. The guy is worth £15 million for gods sake. He doesn’t need any freebies.

It does rather appear that "Free Gear Kier" thinks the British public are a load of absolute sausages.

QUOTE: "Naturally, Guido had a peek at the records. The dates of their luxury £20,437.28 stay? From 29th May 2024 to 13th July 2024.

The first GCSE exam was on 9th May 2024, and the final one wrapped up on 19th June 2024. So, not only did Starmer’s son start exams weeks before they checked in, but his last paper was nearly a month before they checked out.

How much “revision” time do you need in a five-star pad post-GCSEs?" END OF QUOTE

The question that now has to be asked was his son ever in the luxury penthouse anyhow? Things do rather look extremely dodgy!!!!!

https://order-order.com/2024/09/25/starmers-20000-gcse-getaway-doesnt-add-up/

Argus!

Starmer! Wow! on 17:19 - Sep 25 with 327 viewsonehunglow

Starmer! Wow! on 17:13 - Sep 25 by Wingstandwood

It does rather appear that "Free Gear Kier" thinks the British public are a load of absolute sausages.

QUOTE: "Naturally, Guido had a peek at the records. The dates of their luxury £20,437.28 stay? From 29th May 2024 to 13th July 2024.

The first GCSE exam was on 9th May 2024, and the final one wrapped up on 19th June 2024. So, not only did Starmer’s son start exams weeks before they checked in, but his last paper was nearly a month before they checked out.

How much “revision” time do you need in a five-star pad post-GCSEs?" END OF QUOTE

The question that now has to be asked was his son ever in the luxury penthouse anyhow? Things do rather look extremely dodgy!!!!!

https://order-order.com/2024/09/25/starmers-20000-gcse-getaway-doesnt-add-up/

We have a modest but comfortable home
Both mine got the 12 GCSEs with Ax
Both studied when they went to their bedrooms
We were a busy household and they had to stay quiet when Zi was on nights ,for example .
This is the single most brazen piece of garbage I’ve seen in ages
His defence… the public weren’t affected
So that’s ok then

Whoever is provided Granny Ange with her clothes is clearly having a bit of fun.
Rarely have we seen such a badly dressed minister
At least Rach has clothes that fit

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024