Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Starmer! Wow! 20:07 - Sep 18 with 9756 viewsWingstandwood

https://news.sky.com/story/sir-keir-starmer-declares-gifts-and-freebies-totallin

Argus!

Starmer! Wow! on 18:14 - Sep 19 with 858 viewsScotia

Starmer! Wow! on 15:38 - Sep 19 by Boundy

The treasury are refusing a FOI request asking to see the mystical black hole because they wont to reassess the figures, but despite this they were quick enough to make a policy decision on the WFA , quick enough to award big pay rises ( regardless of what went on before with the previous administration ) .

I agree the WFA decision was made too quickly, but I suppose it couldn't be delayed due to the impending payments being made.

I agree with the principle but not the lack of assessment or the pension credit cut off.

The pay rises are a different matter, they're recommended by an independent panel and already massively delayed.

The black hole in finances obviously isn't mystical, just look at the state of public services.
Starmer! Wow! on 18:17 - Sep 19 with 843 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Starmer! Wow! on 18:14 - Sep 19 by Scotia

I agree the WFA decision was made too quickly, but I suppose it couldn't be delayed due to the impending payments being made.

I agree with the principle but not the lack of assessment or the pension credit cut off.

The pay rises are a different matter, they're recommended by an independent panel and already massively delayed.

The black hole in finances obviously isn't mystical, just look at the state of public services.

The 20 Billion black hole is a political distraction, the UK spends over 1200 Billion each year, 20 Billion is effectively lost in the rounding

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Starmer! Wow! on 18:26 - Sep 19 with 823 viewsmajorraglan

Starmer! Wow! on 17:37 - Sep 19 by SullutaCreturned

I did read it thoroughly and this bit stood out,

The PM defended his right to continue to take football freebies earlier this week, saying: ‘If I don’t accept a gift of hospitality, I can’t go to a game.

‘Never going to an Arsenal game again because I can’t accept hospitality is pushing it a bit far.’

Now on the assumption that is 100% accurate then I have to say, what kind of a screaming idiot is he?
Clearly the kind who loves to call the tories corrupt and hypocrites, people whose judgement is flawed and shouldn't be in power when he clearly doesn't recognise those traits/flaws in himself.

If he wants to go to an Arsenal game then he should buy a season ticket, that said sitting in the crowd will make managing his personal protection very difficult for the police so 8 can understand why it would be easier for the club to put him in a VIP area which may incur a benefit.

Gove used to attend matches and was put in the sponsors or owners box. I suspect he’s not the only one.
Starmer! Wow! on 18:31 - Sep 19 with 818 viewsraynor94

Starmer! Wow! on 10:04 - Sep 19 by Scotia

The WFA should have had a full impact assessment. I can see a U turn coming up on that.

I don't see there is a comparison between WFA and public sector increases. As you say in most cases it's following an independent review and years of no or very small increases.

All the while state pensions have increased in line with the triple lock - over 10% pa in some years.

10% on £700 is a lot different to 10% of £70.000 which a train driver can now earn.

I agree WFA should be means tested, but the bar should have been set a lot higher

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Starmer! Wow! on 18:39 - Sep 19 with 794 viewsScotia

Starmer! Wow! on 18:17 - Sep 19 by JACKMANANDBOY

The 20 Billion black hole is a political distraction, the UK spends over 1200 Billion each year, 20 Billion is effectively lost in the rounding

But it refers to an already committed overspend. It has to come from somewhere.

And you only have to look at the state of public services to see we aren't spending enough in the right places.
[Post edited 19 Sep 18:45]
Starmer! Wow! on 15:36 - Sep 20 with 677 viewsAnotherJohn

I had come around to more or less accepting that Sir Keir might save the taxpayer money by giving up his Arsenal season ticket seat in the stand (which he says he paid for) and moving to a VIP area. However, Harriet Harman has now waded in and said he made a mistake and has to backtrack. I get the sense this isn't just about how Sir Keir gets to see Arsenal games. It seems that there is a faction in the party who don't like the way things are shaping up.

https://news.sky.com/video/keir-starmer-should-stop-trying-to-justify-accepting-
Starmer! Wow! on 15:41 - Sep 20 with 674 viewsGwyn737

Starmer! Wow! on 15:36 - Sep 20 by AnotherJohn

I had come around to more or less accepting that Sir Keir might save the taxpayer money by giving up his Arsenal season ticket seat in the stand (which he says he paid for) and moving to a VIP area. However, Harriet Harman has now waded in and said he made a mistake and has to backtrack. I get the sense this isn't just about how Sir Keir gets to see Arsenal games. It seems that there is a faction in the party who don't like the way things are shaping up.

https://news.sky.com/video/keir-starmer-should-stop-trying-to-justify-accepting-

The optics are bad around freebies for sure, but I’m yet to see what I consider to be a smoking gun.

Take the glasses or the clothes. for example. If the diner just wanted some free advertising I have much less of an issue than if he was given a government contract for something.

I also think some are making comparisons between freebies and stuff paid for by the taxpayer.

IMO these are different issues.
Starmer! Wow! on 16:08 - Sep 20 with 665 viewsraynor94

Starmer! Wow! on 15:41 - Sep 20 by Gwyn737

The optics are bad around freebies for sure, but I’m yet to see what I consider to be a smoking gun.

Take the glasses or the clothes. for example. If the diner just wanted some free advertising I have much less of an issue than if he was given a government contract for something.

I also think some are making comparisons between freebies and stuff paid for by the taxpayer.

IMO these are different issues.

There's no way in the world Starmer should not be paying for his own clothes and glasses.

Labour have scored a real own goal on the wfa denying people on £12000 a year an allowance, Starmer has gone way down in my estimation, even Harriet Harman called him out this morning

Login to get fewer ads

Starmer! Wow! on 16:22 - Sep 20 with 651 viewsGwyn737

Starmer! Wow! on 16:08 - Sep 20 by raynor94

There's no way in the world Starmer should not be paying for his own clothes and glasses.

Labour have scored a real own goal on the wfa denying people on £12000 a year an allowance, Starmer has gone way down in my estimation, even Harriet Harman called him out this morning

It definitely looks wrong Rayns, but I’m waiting to see if the donor gets any benefit before I can say how unethical it is.

Even so, it’s sadly not illegal so those comparing it to say, the number 10 parties are peddling a false equivalence.
Starmer! Wow! on 16:29 - Sep 20 with 632 viewsTomsyard

Starmer! Wow! on 16:08 - Sep 20 by raynor94

This is everything he said wouldn’t happen under his leadership. How many times did he mention integrity and honesty and how it was the difference between his party and the previous lot and surprise surprise it’s the same. He’s a multimillionaire he doesn’t need his or his wife’s clothes paid for or for that billionaire to be given a pass round no.10 and as for the Arsenal box, simple, donate the £10 grand to the pensioner’s. And while he’s at it get the rest to pay for their heating on their second homes rather then the taxpayer paying. How many own goals can one man score and we’re not even five minutes into the game.
Starmer! Wow! on 17:15 - Sep 20 with 600 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Starmer! Wow! on 16:29 - Sep 20 by Tomsyard

This is everything he said wouldn’t happen under his leadership. How many times did he mention integrity and honesty and how it was the difference between his party and the previous lot and surprise surprise it’s the same. He’s a multimillionaire he doesn’t need his or his wife’s clothes paid for or for that billionaire to be given a pass round no.10 and as for the Arsenal box, simple, donate the £10 grand to the pensioner’s. And while he’s at it get the rest to pay for their heating on their second homes rather then the taxpayer paying. How many own goals can one man score and we’re not even five minutes into the game.

Yes he should pay for the box. If he wants to go and watch Arsenal then he can pay like everyone else.

He’s not special. No freebies. No doubt there’ll be people not able to afford to go and watch football this winter if he smashes pensioners and the single occupancy council tax discount etc. why should they miss out when this malingering get is enjoying VIP treatment for free?

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Starmer! Wow! on 17:38 - Sep 20 with 587 viewsAnotherJohn

Looks like Harriet's scolding worked. Keir, Ange and Rachel have put out a joint statement saying that will now accept no more gifts of clothing. Apparently, Ange and Rachel have also received some free wardrobe enhancements in the past.
[Post edited 20 Sep 20:10]
Starmer! Wow! on 17:49 - Sep 20 with 576 viewsraynor94

Starmer! Wow! on 17:38 - Sep 20 by AnotherJohn

Looks like Harriet's scolding worked. Keir, Ange and Rachel have put out a joint statement saying that will now accept no more gifts of clothing. Apparently, Ange and Rachel have also received some free wardrobe enhancements in the past.

They were embarrassed into it, I really am shocked how the 3 of them have behaved so far, and they have barely got their feet under the table!

Starmer! Wow! on 17:55 - Sep 20 with 571 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Starmer! Wow! on 17:38 - Sep 20 by AnotherJohn

I remember when Labour leaders wore donkey jackets.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Starmer! Wow! on 18:16 - Sep 20 with 546 viewsFlashberryjack

Starmer! Wow! on 17:55 - Sep 20 by JACKMANANDBOY

I remember when Labour leaders wore donkey jackets.

You can take away the jacket, but you are still left with the donkey.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Starmer! Wow! on 18:28 - Sep 20 with 519 viewsraynor94

Starmer! Wow! on 18:16 - Sep 20 by Flashberryjack

You can take away the jacket, but you are still left with the donkey.

👍

Starmer! Wow! on 19:30 - Sep 20 with 493 viewsBoundy

Starmer! Wow! on 17:49 - Sep 20 by raynor94

They were embarrassed into it, I really am shocked how the 3 of them have behaved so far, and they have barely got their feet under the table!

There's more than 6 of the leeches taking bribes.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Starmer! Wow! on 11:12 - Sep 22 with 363 viewsAnotherJohn

Starting to have an impact on public approval as reflected in polling.

Pre-election:

https://yougov.co.uk/politics/articles/48452-sunak-vs-starmer-2024-how-have-atti

Now:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/keir-starmers-popularity-plummets-amid-062326037.html

Polls change, but Labour have a lot of work to do to turn things around. Radio interviews by Labour stalwarts in the last two days that speak of "froth" and the lies of the right wing press seem to me to be actually making things look worse. The annual conference that starts today will be interesting.
Starmer! Wow! on 11:35 - Sep 22 with 352 viewshowenjack

Starmer! Wow! on 09:57 - Sep 19 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

The guy is an absolute snake.

It is remarkable though he’s been given all this money to buy all the best clothes money can buy but still looks the most bland and joyless human being in human history.

"He wears a mask and his face grows to fit it" George Orwell.
Starmer! Wow! on 11:52 - Sep 22 with 314 viewsonehunglow

Starmer! Wow! on 11:35 - Sep 22 by howenjack

"He wears a mask and his face grows to fit it" George Orwell.

I think Ange could do with some new clothes though .
Shes deputy PM but looks like she’s dressed from the middle aisle of Lidl and Primark
An awful image for our country
I’m not sure her foundation garments are flattering her . She’s needs a visit to Madame Foner or similar

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Starmer! Wow! on 11:52 - Sep 22 with 314 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Rayner in trouble now for not declaring a trip to New York and stay in a 2.5 million dollar apartment owned by Labour donor Alli. She also accidentally didnt declare she stayed there with a man MP Sam Tarry. She has defended this definitely not a dirty weekend this morning by saying she didn’t go to New York with another man but that man was already in New York when she went and they coincidentally met up. So everything is fine here. I for one believe her.

Starmer! Wow! on 11:53 - Sep 22 with 309 viewsonehunglow

Starmer! Wow! on 11:52 - Sep 22 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Rayner in trouble now for not declaring a trip to New York and stay in a 2.5 million dollar apartment owned by Labour donor Alli. She also accidentally didnt declare she stayed there with a man MP Sam Tarry. She has defended this definitely not a dirty weekend this morning by saying she didn’t go to New York with another man but that man was already in New York when she went and they coincidentally met up. So everything is fine here. I for one believe her.

So do I. You wouldn’t spend a weekend with Ange would you?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Starmer! Wow! on 12:03 - Sep 22 with 282 viewsWhiterockin

Starmer! Wow! on 11:52 - Sep 22 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Wasn't she in a relationship with Sam Tarry for a couple of years.
Starmer! Wow! on 12:53 - Sep 22 with 241 viewsWhiterockin

Coming up to retirement, you may need to rethink your financial plans. Starmer was correct when he said Labour would look after the workers, because everyone else can go to hell in a handcart.

https://www.gbnews.com/money/rachel-reeves-tax-free-lump-sum-cap-winter-fuel-pay
Starmer! Wow! on 12:54 - Sep 22 with 235 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Starmer! Wow! on 12:03 - Sep 22 by Whiterockin

Wasn't she in a relationship with Sam Tarry for a couple of years.

Yes they split up last year apparently. So that proves that their coincidental meeting thousands of miles away was just completely platonic and the arrangement to both spend the night in a massive apartment paid for by their donor was merely an arrangement of convenience and they both were tucked up in separate rooms by 8 o clock with the doors firmly locked.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024