Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 11:05 - Sep 1 with 23692 viewsDaleBars

Did you enjoy the match yesterday?

The Ratcliffe will be showing our game against Aldershot live on the big screen next Saturday. Kick off at 5:30pm. We will also have the England match against Republic of Ireland showing on the surrounding TVs. kick off 5pm

🚪Doors open at 4pm and entry is free.

🎱Free to use pool table
🏓Free to use table tennis

Poll: Remove Carlsberg from Our Spot for Original Lager

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 17:35 - Sep 2 with 9270 viewsDale_4_Life

I expect this one to be pretty busy after last weekends performance.

What beer promotions are you planning?.
Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 04:36 - Sep 4 with 8799 viewsTalkingSutty

Let's hope it's a bit more enjoyable for those that attend than it was for us in pre match hospitality last Saturday, what a thoroughly miserable experience that was. Ten fellas all seated around a table in a half empty room with Tammy Wynette ( Stand by your man) playing as background music, we also had Bridge over troubled Waters and that Dooleys classic, The Chosen Few...and we had all paid for the privilege. It was surreal you would never have thought you were attending hospitality at a football ground and it would have been laughable if it wasn't so sad. Televisions all over the place and we just wanted the live football on, something you would expect in hospitality at a professional football club. Of course various matchday staff busied themselves trying to find somebody to turn the televisions on, even a couple of Directors. Eventually Tony Pockney arrived with his ever smiling face to tell us that there's a problem and it's expensive to have live football on the televisions...they have it on in the Ratcliffe and Dale Bar though. Feedback was given but you just get a smile and a shrug of the shoulders. It's a problem that was being sorted out at the fans forum remember but nothing gets done. Not just our party but also others from the private boxes, the guest speaker Richard Jobson and even the matchday officials who were sitting nearby mentioned if football was on the televisions. At that moment we could have done with the Ogden family visiting the room and they could have experienced what hospitality looks and feels like at their club.

Somebody should be embarrassed but nobody seems to care. Maybe that's why there was hardly anybody dining and I believe there was no match ball sponsors on the day. Does anybody actually care because if they did the problem would have sorted by now. Spotland Reform, The Cemetery, Rochdale Cricket club are all within a stones throw of the ground if they can provide Sky/ BT live games then why can't a professional football club with a multi million pound turnover? To suggest they are using dodgy boxes isn't true neither. We are now seriously considering cancelling our remaining two match hospitality bookings, it was the topic of discussion.. It's Andy Duff i feel sorry for.

Apologies for posting these negative posts but if things aren't brought out into the open nothing gets done and these are the sort of thing that turn customers and sponsors away from the club. You won't get any feedback or updates from anybody within the club, it's like pulling hens teeth trying to get anything done, as witnessed with the farcical reserved stickers scenario last week. Everything is hard work. The fans are embracing The New Era and a lot are increasing their spending but nothing seems to have changed at the club, the 'us and them' is still firmly in place and everything is on a need to know basis. The lack of change is something that concerns me, who inside the club is the driving force, the one that sees problems and does something about it? The old ways didn't work, the club imploded.
[Post edited 4 Sep 5:49]
Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 08:03 - Sep 4 with 8616 viewsRodingdale

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 04:36 - Sep 4 by TalkingSutty

Let's hope it's a bit more enjoyable for those that attend than it was for us in pre match hospitality last Saturday, what a thoroughly miserable experience that was. Ten fellas all seated around a table in a half empty room with Tammy Wynette ( Stand by your man) playing as background music, we also had Bridge over troubled Waters and that Dooleys classic, The Chosen Few...and we had all paid for the privilege. It was surreal you would never have thought you were attending hospitality at a football ground and it would have been laughable if it wasn't so sad. Televisions all over the place and we just wanted the live football on, something you would expect in hospitality at a professional football club. Of course various matchday staff busied themselves trying to find somebody to turn the televisions on, even a couple of Directors. Eventually Tony Pockney arrived with his ever smiling face to tell us that there's a problem and it's expensive to have live football on the televisions...they have it on in the Ratcliffe and Dale Bar though. Feedback was given but you just get a smile and a shrug of the shoulders. It's a problem that was being sorted out at the fans forum remember but nothing gets done. Not just our party but also others from the private boxes, the guest speaker Richard Jobson and even the matchday officials who were sitting nearby mentioned if football was on the televisions. At that moment we could have done with the Ogden family visiting the room and they could have experienced what hospitality looks and feels like at their club.

Somebody should be embarrassed but nobody seems to care. Maybe that's why there was hardly anybody dining and I believe there was no match ball sponsors on the day. Does anybody actually care because if they did the problem would have sorted by now. Spotland Reform, The Cemetery, Rochdale Cricket club are all within a stones throw of the ground if they can provide Sky/ BT live games then why can't a professional football club with a multi million pound turnover? To suggest they are using dodgy boxes isn't true neither. We are now seriously considering cancelling our remaining two match hospitality bookings, it was the topic of discussion.. It's Andy Duff i feel sorry for.

Apologies for posting these negative posts but if things aren't brought out into the open nothing gets done and these are the sort of thing that turn customers and sponsors away from the club. You won't get any feedback or updates from anybody within the club, it's like pulling hens teeth trying to get anything done, as witnessed with the farcical reserved stickers scenario last week. Everything is hard work. The fans are embracing The New Era and a lot are increasing their spending but nothing seems to have changed at the club, the 'us and them' is still firmly in place and everything is on a need to know basis. The lack of change is something that concerns me, who inside the club is the driving force, the one that sees problems and does something about it? The old ways didn't work, the club imploded.

Poor old Andy will struggle without vision and leadership from his board.

As we’ve been told the new owners aren’t running the club, so expecting the old guard to change their ways? It isn’t going to happen.

We were also told over the last couple of years that this that and the other couldn’t be done, without investment - the impression I got from you, from your pre-match conversation ages ago with the then chairman, now the current Co-chairman - is that he knows best, it’s his way or no way.

I admire your tenacity and continuing to shine a light on the reality of what’s going on, I’ve got tired of it, accepted that change will take time. But I do think that there’s no time like the present and fundamentally we need to Ogdens to start running the club as soon as possible. Being a silent partner will not work.

The trust seem to be well placed to be a lever for fans, so that seems to be the best way to get things to change by putting these sorts of issue in front of Cameron.
Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 08:30 - Sep 4 with 8562 viewsJames1980

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 04:36 - Sep 4 by TalkingSutty

Regarding hospitality I think it would be worthwhile consulting the chap who does The Padded Seat videos on YouTube and TikTok.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 09:07 - Sep 4 with 8480 viewsTalkingSutty

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 08:30 - Sep 4 by James1980

Regarding hospitality I think it would be worthwhile consulting the chap who does The Padded Seat videos on YouTube and TikTok.

Spoke to the Directors but there didn't seem to be any suggestions that things will change. If there was the will it would have been done weeks ago. The more people complain the better the chance of things improving, just keeping quiet and accepting things won't progress the club.
[Post edited 4 Sep 9:09]
Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 09:40 - Sep 4 with 8427 viewsJames1980

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 09:07 - Sep 4 by TalkingSutty

Spoke to the Directors but there didn't seem to be any suggestions that things will change. If there was the will it would have been done weeks ago. The more people complain the better the chance of things improving, just keeping quiet and accepting things won't progress the club.
[Post edited 4 Sep 9:09]

Other than the choice of music and lack of live sport on the TV how was the rest of the hospitality experience?

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 09:43 - Sep 4 with 8406 viewsTalkingSutty

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 08:03 - Sep 4 by Rodingdale

Poor old Andy will struggle without vision and leadership from his board.

As we’ve been told the new owners aren’t running the club, so expecting the old guard to change their ways? It isn’t going to happen.

We were also told over the last couple of years that this that and the other couldn’t be done, without investment - the impression I got from you, from your pre-match conversation ages ago with the then chairman, now the current Co-chairman - is that he knows best, it’s his way or no way.

I admire your tenacity and continuing to shine a light on the reality of what’s going on, I’ve got tired of it, accepted that change will take time. But I do think that there’s no time like the present and fundamentally we need to Ogdens to start running the club as soon as possible. Being a silent partner will not work.

The trust seem to be well placed to be a lever for fans, so that seems to be the best way to get things to change by putting these sorts of issue in front of Cameron.

Not sure if the Trust have a direct contact to Cameron, you would hope that they have seeing as though he is the Chairman and his family own the club.
Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 09:51 - Sep 4 with 8367 viewsTalkingSutty

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 09:40 - Sep 4 by James1980

Other than the choice of music and lack of live sport on the TV how was the rest of the hospitality experience?

The food was ok and the staff doing the serving were pleasant.
Login to get fewer ads

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 10:00 - Sep 4 with 8349 viewsJames1980

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 09:51 - Sep 4 by TalkingSutty

The food was ok and the staff doing the serving were pleasant.

If the meal was in a restaurant would you hurry back

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 10:07 - Sep 4 with 8327 viewsTalkingSutty

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 10:00 - Sep 4 by James1980

If the meal was in a restaurant would you hurry back

No, but you don't expect it to be the highest standard anyway and those producing the food and the club want to make a profit. The food was acceptable though, portions could have been bigger. I've never known it as quiet upstairs as it was on Saturday.before the game.
Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 10:22 - Sep 4 with 8292 viewsJames1980

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 10:07 - Sep 4 by TalkingSutty

No, but you don't expect it to be the highest standard anyway and those producing the food and the club want to make a profit. The food was acceptable though, portions could have been bigger. I've never known it as quiet upstairs as it was on Saturday.before the game.

Perhaps it being the last weekend of the school holidays was a factor in it being quiet.

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 15:46 - Sep 4 with 7984 viewsDale_4_Life

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 10:22 - Sep 4 by James1980

Perhaps it being the last weekend of the school holidays was a factor in it being quiet.

Possibly,

Pre-match hospitality needs to be an experience... not just ok..

Sad last Saturday was flat lets hope the feedback is accepted in the way its intended to improve further.

They do need to get the football on though we are a sporting club.
Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 19:54 - Sep 4 with 7671 viewsDuckegg

There will always be issues if Gauge and Pockney are at the club.
Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 11:33 - Sep 6 with 6769 viewsDaleBars

[Post edited 6 Sep 15:23]

Poll: Remove Carlsberg from Our Spot for Original Lager

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 17:40 - Sep 6 with 6378 viewsfrenzied

With no prem games you can still buy a match pass via the National League TV...
Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 19:28 - Sep 6 with 6184 viewsSheffdale

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 17:40 - Sep 6 by frenzied

With no prem games you can still buy a match pass via the National League TV...

It's listed on the National League TV schedule
https://www.nationalleaguetv.com/schedule
[Post edited 6 Sep 19:31]
Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 23:13 - Sep 6 with 5869 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 19:28 - Sep 6 by Sheffdale

It's listed on the National League TV schedule
https://www.nationalleaguetv.com/schedule
[Post edited 6 Sep 19:31]

So it's no different than any other Saturday?
Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 06:03 - Sep 7 with 5677 viewsfrenzied

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 23:13 - Sep 6 by Yorkshire_Dale

i don't know why but i thought that if a game had been picked for live coverage by TNT that match pass was not available
Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 08:23 - Sep 7 with 5587 viewsDalenet

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 06:03 - Sep 7 by frenzied

i don't know why but i thought that if a game had been picked for live coverage by TNT that match pass was not available

TNT are no longer the Broadcaster. It is DAZN. As I understand it, they have yet to set up the channel that people can subscribe to in the UK to watch National League games. They are more established in other sports and in Europe - although I can't see our game at our level being a big hit in Europe/worldwide. The blackout window for National League is the same as other leagues - games between 3pm and 5.15pm.

It seems bizarre to me that the National League did a deal with a broadcaster where the broadcaster wasn't ready for Pay for View subscriptions in the UK - or have I got that wrong?
[Post edited 7 Sep 8:34]
Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 08:25 - Sep 7 with 5586 views442Dale

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 23:13 - Sep 6 by Yorkshire_Dale

No, because games are only available on Saturday at 3pm when it’s international break. With the DAZN “live tv” games, it’s listed as “enhanced coverage” for now.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 08:37 - Sep 7 with 5569 viewsDalenet

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 08:25 - Sep 7 by 442Dale

No, because games are only available on Saturday at 3pm when it’s international break. With the DAZN “live tv” games, it’s listed as “enhanced coverage” for now.

But there is no coverage on DAZN UK is there? Their schedules don't show our game as far as a I can see.
Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 09:05 - Sep 7 with 5499 views442Dale

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 08:37 - Sep 7 by Dalenet

But there is no coverage on DAZN UK is there? Their schedules don't show our game as far as a I can see.

It seems not! Had a discussion this week with an Oldham fan who was saying he only had BT/TNT for the National League coverage and that the move to DAZN has left everyone wondering what it actually means. Clubs/the league have done their fans no favours by not making it clear at what stage they can watch games on DAZN itself.

Edit: though I should read a bit more, here is some further info (still doesn’t make much sense they started a deal that included “Until the Vanarama National League is available on the DAZN platform”

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/dazn-broadcast-selections-for-september-ann

For now the “enhanced coverage” remains on NLTV, but presumably it’ll be a DAZN tv production. The other 3pm games are available today as it’s international weekend.
[Post edited 7 Sep 9:23]

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 11:18 - Sep 7 with 5284 viewsYorkshire_Dale

It's clear as mud but I have watched quite a few DAZN matches for free on YouTube, mostly abroad, and the production is decent .

If DAZN get their act together it should be good for Clubs like us. I asked this question elsewhere, Do Clubs get a taste of the fans subs on Pay to View?
Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 16:46 - Sep 7 with 4863 views442Dale

New keeper due to injury and a very surprising choice of Sassi over Ferguson who has been so impressive the last two games. Gilmour over Henry a big call too.

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 16:53 - Sep 7 with 4826 viewsNorthernDale

I was surprised by the changes, why change a winning team, the team played brilliantly last week.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024