Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holidays in Cardigan ( tresaith) 09:46 - Jul 24 with 782 viewsonehunglow

Considering two air BnBs for self and daughters family plus two dogs
Glorious large house in Tresaith
Any advice
Don’t like being middle of nowhere really nor paying through the nose for gastro pubs
There is one pub in Tresaith
Cardigan is my fathers family area
I hated him ,so mentally difficult for me but it looks stunning

Either there of Northumberland . Both are same travel time

Any comments welcomed

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Holidays in Cardigan ( tresaith) on 10:24 - Jul 24 with 728 viewstrampie

For you I would recommend you go to Northumberland, I think you would be better suited to staying East of the dyke for your mental health.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Holidays in Cardigan ( tresaith) on 10:36 - Jul 24 with 732 viewsDr_Winston

Make sure the property has allocated parking as Tresaith is murder for that. Nice pub but it is, or at least was the last time I was there, a Brains.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Holidays in Cardigan ( tresaith) on 11:16 - Jul 24 with 699 viewstheloneranger

Holidays in Cardigan ( tresaith) on 10:36 - Jul 24 by Dr_Winston

Make sure the property has allocated parking as Tresaith is murder for that. Nice pub but it is, or at least was the last time I was there, a Brains.

I think the Ship Inn is now a Marstons.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Holidays in Cardigan ( tresaith) on 11:47 - Jul 24 with 677 viewsonehunglow

Holidays in Cardigan ( tresaith) on 10:36 - Jul 24 by Dr_Winston

It’s huge,Winnie.
It’s even got an EV charger .
Five mins from beach
Perfect for a Labrador and a Malinois
Psychologically ,not a place that fits well with me and the drive is very rural and twisty from Newtown .

Big decision really.

Recent events ensure we don’t travel abroad in the near future,if ever again .

Holidays in Cardigan ( tresaith) on 12:00 - Jul 24 with 657 viewsDr_Winston

Holidays in Cardigan ( tresaith) on 11:16 - Jul 24 by theloneranger

I think the Ship Inn is now a Marstons.

That would make sense given the takeover.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Holidays in Cardigan ( tresaith) on 12:11 - Jul 24 with 637 viewsAguycalledJack

Wife's family are from Cardigan. Her grandfather used to run a shop there (think its a spar now) not far from the bowls club. Lovely area. The view from the Cliff Hotel across the bay is stunning (even more dramatic when stormy weather).
Holidays in Cardigan ( tresaith) on 12:14 - Jul 24 with 633 viewsonehunglow

Holidays in Cardigan ( tresaith) on 12:11 - Jul 24 by AguycalledJack

Wife's family are from Cardigan. Her grandfather used to run a shop there (think its a spar now) not far from the bowls club. Lovely area. The view from the Cliff Hotel across the bay is stunning (even more dramatic when stormy weather).

Fathers family from Llandyssul

Holidays in Cardigan ( tresaith) on 07:53 - Jul 25 with 533 viewsglanmORJa_k

Gwbert is a lovely village and the Gwbert Hotel is well worth a visit. Situated overlooking the estuary a sea view room is stunning. Ideal base if you are a golfer, Cardigan golf club is situated behind the hotel about 500 yards up the hill.
Great staff and terrific food.
Login to get fewer ads

Holidays in Cardigan ( tresaith) on 10:22 - Jul 25 with 471 viewsKeithHaynes

Holidays in Cardigan ( tresaith) on 07:53 - Jul 25 by glanmORJa_k

Gwbert is a lovely village and the Gwbert Hotel is well worth a visit. Situated overlooking the estuary a sea view room is stunning. Ideal base if you are a golfer, Cardigan golf club is situated behind the hotel about 500 yards up the hill.
Great staff and terrific food.

Long way away. Pembrokeshire in to Cardiganshire coastline. very nice old fishing villages. Beaches etc.

Save money go to a place that is warm.,

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Holidays in Cardigan ( tresaith) on 10:29 - Jul 25 with 465 viewsonehunglow

Holidays in Cardigan ( tresaith) on 10:22 - Jul 25 by KeithHaynes

Long way away. Pembrokeshire in to Cardiganshire coastline. very nice old fishing villages. Beaches etc.

We were looking at Majorca Keith but recent events will see our insurance racket and we are not confident atvthecninentbon the possibility of having an event whilst on continent
Not long ago,we were swimming in a very isolated beach in Kefalonia . If there are no defribulators ,there is less chance of recovery .
It’s out us off big time as regards travelling
It’s up in the air now as ,although,it’s beautiful,it’s a pain of a trip with toddlers and two active working dogs

Holidays in Cardigan ( tresaith) on 10:38 - Jul 25 with 451 viewsWhiterockin

Holidays in Cardigan ( tresaith) on 10:29 - Jul 25 by onehunglow

We were looking at Majorca Keith but recent events will see our insurance racket and we are not confident atvthecninentbon the possibility of having an event whilst on continent
Not long ago,we were swimming in a very isolated beach in Kefalonia . If there are no defribulators ,there is less chance of recovery .
It’s out us off big time as regards travelling
It’s up in the air now as ,although,it’s beautiful,it’s a pain of a trip with toddlers and two active working dogs

Good luck mate. This is why I always say never put anything off until next year, do it now and live life with no regrets. Anyone deciding when to retire think about this.
Holidays in Cardigan ( tresaith) on 10:44 - Jul 25 with 440 viewsglanmORJa_k

Holidays in Cardigan ( tresaith) on 10:22 - Jul 25 by KeithHaynes

In all honesty as much as we have loved travelling abroad over the years and the excitement that comes with travelling to the airport through to taking in the foreign delicacies and the departure home we just can't be bothered with all the politics that involves modern day air travel, not forgetting searching for travel insurance.
Yes you have the advantage of warm weather, cheaper food and drink but for that a couple of days taking in the delights of villages in Norfolk, Suffolk and even Essex, besides trips back home to Swansea more than fulfils our travel expectations as we approach our mid-70's.
Holidays in Cardigan ( tresaith) on 13:17 - Jul 25 with 395 viewstrampie

Why go abroad, Wales is the best place in the World.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Holidays in Cardigan ( tresaith) on 13:35 - Jul 25 with 389 viewsraynor94

Holidays in Cardigan ( tresaith) on 13:17 - Jul 25 by trampie

Why go abroad, Wales is the best place in the World.

Weather, as this so called Spring /Summer has proved

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Holidays in Cardigan ( tresaith) on 13:38 - Jul 25 with 379 viewstrampie

Holidays in Cardigan ( tresaith) on 13:35 - Jul 25 by raynor94

Weather, as this so called Spring /Summer has proved

Weather can be bad abroad as well mind you.

Holidays in Cardigan ( tresaith) on 13:55 - Jul 25 with 370 viewsraynor94

Holidays in Cardigan ( tresaith) on 13:38 - Jul 25 by trampie

Weather can be bad abroad as well mind you.

Very rare, you can have a cracking week in the Greek Islands for the cost of 3 nights in Tenby

Holidays in Cardigan ( tresaith) on 13:58 - Jul 25 with 362 viewstrampie

Holidays in Cardigan ( tresaith) on 13:55 - Jul 25 by raynor94

Very rare, you can have a cracking week in the Greek Islands for the cost of 3 nights in Tenby

That sounds good.

Holidays in Cardigan ( tresaith) on 09:29 - Jul 26 with 303 viewscontroversial_jack

Holidays in Cardigan ( tresaith) on 13:55 - Jul 25 by raynor94

True, but do you do any other islands or is it always Zante? That has gone pricey too.
Holidays in Cardigan ( tresaith) on 09:34 - Jul 26 with 300 viewsraynor94

Holidays in Cardigan ( tresaith) on 09:29 - Jul 26 by controversial_jack

True, but do you do any other islands or is it always Zante? That has gone pricey too.

Yes done Rhodes and Corfu, but refer Zante, I'm looking to go in September to Argassi.

£320 for 7 nights in a lovely apartment, plus flights from Cardiff at £263 you can't go wrong😉

Holidays in Cardigan ( tresaith) on 09:40 - Jul 26 with 288 viewscontroversial_jack

Holidays in Cardigan ( tresaith) on 09:34 - Jul 26 by raynor94

Yes done Rhodes and Corfu, but refer Zante, I'm looking to go in September to Argassi.

£320 for 7 nights in a lovely apartment, plus flights from Cardiff at £263 you can't go wrong😉

We are off to the Algarve in early Sept. That will be a new destination for me, so don't know what to expect. Have to go from Bristol, unfortunately.
Holidays in Cardigan ( tresaith) on 11:05 - Jul 26 with 259 viewstrampie

Holidays in Cardigan ( tresaith) on 09:40 - Jul 26 by controversial_jack

We are off to the Algarve in early Sept. That will be a new destination for me, so don't know what to expect. Have to go from Bristol, unfortunately.

I had an egg floating in water out there, it was in a tent on a beach masquerading as a restaurant, I had walked from a relatively posh resort to a more run down place and that is what I had ordered, no idea Portuguese lingo see. , there again they may not have been Portuguese but North Africans.
[Post edited 26 Jul 11:12]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024