Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 Things From Eastleigh On Friday 21:48 - Jul 21 with 1366 viewsSaintNick

1. It was good to see so many kids in Eastleigh shirts, although the crowd was mostly Saints, good to see Eastleigh are building up support, with many priced out of Premier League/Championship football there has to be an entry level.

2. Eastleigh has become a nice compact stadium, bit different from the last time i pleyed there in 2003.

3, Downside is the location, a bit in the middle of nowhere, walking back Stoneham Lane towards Swaythling was a bit dodgy due to the number on the pavement and traffic, luckily it was light still.

4. Nice atmosphere although i didn't here much from the Eastleigh end

5. All in all a good evening out everyone seemed to enjoy it from both sides

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

5 Things From Eastleigh On Friday on 22:31 - Jul 21 with 1278 viewskingslandstand1

Wonder how many Eastleigh fans now used to be Saints fans now that they are within shouting distance of the EFL, or have always been there sunce when they were Swaythling FC?
5 Things From Eastleigh On Friday on 23:04 - Jul 21 with 1251 viewsSaintNick

5 Things From Eastleigh On Friday on 22:31 - Jul 21 by kingslandstand1

Wonder how many Eastleigh fans now used to be Saints fans now that they are within shouting distance of the EFL, or have always been there sunce when they were Swaythling FC?

Back in the early 00's when Eastleigh were in the Wessex League, they played in front of about 60 fans with just one small wooden ground level stand, it is amazing to see how the ground has been developed and how they have built a fanbase, of course many will be firstly Saints supporters disenfranchised with the premier league, but they get good crowds now

5 Things From Eastleigh On Friday on 07:02 - Jul 22 with 1142 viewsTripleNiemi

5 Things From Eastleigh On Friday on 22:31 - Jul 21 by kingslandstand1

Doubt I would recognise the place from the last time I was there (which would be early 90’s). At that point there was a small clubhouse and single small covered stand.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

5 Things From Eastleigh On Friday on 09:13 - Jul 22 with 999 viewsSaintNick

5 Things From Eastleigh On Friday on 07:02 - Jul 22 by TripleNiemi

Doubt I would recognise the place from the last time I was there (which would be early 90’s). At that point there was a small clubhouse and single small covered stand.

The club house is still there

5 Things From Eastleigh On Friday on 20:36 - Jul 22 with 798 viewsfelly1

I alway enjoy going to watch Eastleigh 4 or 5 times a season.
Best to park in lakeside as its free to park and a ten min walk down to the Stadium.

Average crowds of over 2000 last season.

Chris Maguire in midfield is their best player.
He's getting on a bit now but played a lot for Sunderland,
Pompey (scored a worldie against us at SMS in the
Championship) plus a few Scotland caps.

Eastleigh fans were pretty silent tbh but normally they have a crew of about 50 lads aged 12-20 who generate some noise and banter with the away team.
5 Things From Eastleigh On Friday on 21:36 - Jul 22 with 756 viewssolent_toffee

5 Things From Eastleigh On Friday on 20:36 - Jul 22 by felly1

I alway enjoy going to watch Eastleigh 4 or 5 times a season.
Best to park in lakeside as its free to park and a ten min walk down to the Stadium.

Average crowds of over 2000 last season.

Chris Maguire in midfield is their best player.
He's getting on a bit now but played a lot for Sunderland,
Pompey (scored a worldie against us at SMS in the
Championship) plus a few Scotland caps.

Eastleigh fans were pretty silent tbh but normally they have a crew of about 50 lads aged 12-20 who generate some noise and banter with the away team.

Like yourself, I go to watch Eastleigh quite a lot these days, mainly night games as it’s a great distraction from the champions league cartel nonsense. Normally park in Trojans or on the lane leading upto it.

They are definitely improving with the facilities, and it’s great to see so many younger fans going to watch them rather than tellyclapping one of the snakey six.

What do you make of Davies? He’s got to be an improvement to Hill, I just can’t take to him,
5 Things From Eastleigh On Friday on 21:48 - Jul 22 with 734 viewsSouthamptonfan

It was a bizarre atmosphere at Eastleigh the other night. Saints are my team, but I also follow Eastleigh when Saints arn't playing. The away section was all Saints shirts, but even they seemed to have an appreciation that Eastleigh are a local side and there wasn't any huge celebrations or taking the P!ss. I sat in the Eastleigh end with a few who seemed to be cheering on Eastleigh, some Saints fans in there too being mostly respectful but many just supporting both. It was a bit strange.

The vast majority of Eastleigh fans are also Saints fans, but there are quite a few exceptions. We have a Palace fan in the family, born and bred Londoner, but has lived near Eastleigh for about 20 years. He likes football, watches Palace but also Eastleigh as they are local. Obviously, Solent Toffee on here watches Eastleigh too. People who move to the area from other places watch Eastleigh as well. It was interesting to see that Eastleigh also have their own fans, who only support Eastleigh. I also saw a Pompey shirt there, saying he supports Pompey and Eastleigh. All very bizarre.

Poll: Who are you voting for?

5 Things From Eastleigh On Friday on 22:23 - Jul 22 with 677 viewsfelly1

5 Things From Eastleigh On Friday on 21:36 - Jul 22 by solent_toffee

Like yourself, I go to watch Eastleigh quite a lot these days, mainly night games as it’s a great distraction from the champions league cartel nonsense. Normally park in Trojans or on the lane leading upto it.

They are definitely improving with the facilities, and it’s great to see so many younger fans going to watch them rather than tellyclapping one of the snakey six.

What do you make of Davies? He’s got to be an improvement to Hill, I just can’t take to him,

I wish Super Kelv all the best but I can only see the Spitfires finishing midtable again.
Any lower and he's a goner.
They're going to need McCullum and Quigly to bang in the goals and hope for a play off spot at best.
I'd recommend to anyone on here to pop down the Silverlake and take in a match.
My 11 year old and his mates really love it and its opened their eyes to a world of football that's just as satisfying in it's own way to the Haalands and M'bappe's.

It's easy getting tickets, just go on their website , buy a ticket and they email you a QR code to get in ..simples.
Login to get fewer ads

5 Things From Eastleigh On Friday on 07:41 - Jul 23 with 525 viewssolent_toffee

5 Things From Eastleigh On Friday on 22:23 - Jul 22 by felly1

I wish Super Kelv all the best but I can only see the Spitfires finishing midtable again.
Any lower and he's a goner.
They're going to need McCullum and Quigly to bang in the goals and hope for a play off spot at best.
I'd recommend to anyone on here to pop down the Silverlake and take in a match.
My 11 year old and his mates really love it and its opened their eyes to a world of football that's just as satisfying in it's own way to the Haalands and M'bappe's.

It's easy getting tickets, just go on their website , buy a ticket and they email you a QR code to get in ..simples.

Totally agree, they need to play McCallum and Quigley together, too many times last season, Quigley was on the bench. When they play together, they are a right handful.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024