Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spurs Reflection 17:41 - Jul 20 with 13005 viewsbluenwhite10

Don’t really care about the score today as there was lots of positives to take away from today’s game.

Nardi looks like a massive upgrade on cheaper wages I guess.

Defence looked good

Midfield held its own considering no Field and Chair, but Dixon B gives the ball away far too many times.

1st time in a long time our back up players did not look out of place.

Alfie Lloyd looked a handful.

Lots of positive from today.

Kollli seems to come back from injury well and looked sharp.

Cook and Clarke- Salter looked. Quality as per normal but against world class players in Son.

Once again great performance when you consider the total cost of our + subs probably = o ne of there players and yes the 1st goal was quality.

Spurs Reflection on 12:01 - Jul 21 with 2923 viewsBklynRanger

Was a decent run out yesterday, more to come as far as creativity once Chair comes back in.

Smyth had a superb first half I thought - looked as sharp as I've seen him. Noticed Morrison get up really well to get in the end of one of our corners - think there's more to come there.

Santos did have a mixed game. Part of that seemed to be based on how he linked up with the others, which is bound to improve over time. He often looked frustrated
with himself when moves broke down.

Also, I love Jimmy Dunne like the rest of us but I will say he has a habit of moaning at the winger in front of him which isn't always very constructive. He does it with Smyth and he was doing it with Santos. But I know they should be able to take it so fair enough I suppose.
[Post edited 21 Jul 12:04]
Spurs Reflection on 12:21 - Jul 21 with 2803 viewsJules4367

Too early to seriously crtique but watch out for 'Weakness down our left !'
( I stand in lower loft left of goal and very close to pitch so I see the opposing wingers etc coming my way!)

Others may have referred to this in passing above but all last season, even post Marti's arrival, teams exploited our left with constant overlaps, time and again, getting to the goal line and crossing or pulling back for strker in 6 yd box or on penalty spot to tap / nod in.

I would have hoped that would have been addressed but clearly it hasn't and I fear for goals against coming from that weakness.

On the whole it was a good display and whilst players did look off the pace and some passes went arry there were positives. Corners clearing the first defender, Lyndon tackling etc.

Don't feel we are a bottom 6 team but, as England, we will need our 'centre forwards' to increase their goals per game percentage this season.

Looking forward to it - C'mon you R's

Spurs Reflection on 12:35 - Jul 21 with 2744 viewsHastings_Hoops

Spurs Reflection on 21:48 - Jul 20 by saxbend

I wasn't at the game, but having seen the highlights I agree with a large number of you that our players aren't up to a league season in the Premier League. Assuming that Sours represent typical opposition we'll face this season, I fear we'll struggle.

Star prize for this summary!
Spurs Reflection on 13:18 - Jul 21 with 2584 viewsLazyFan

On reflection, one other point to note was that this was a quite attacking midfield. Only Colback was in there as DMC, which explains why Spurs had so much of the ball as we found it hard to get it off them with only one DMC.

Usually Marti does not like to play this way, last season he played with Colback and Field, two DMC's and then used Jesus, Willock and Chair to be the creatives.

This worked well and if Dykes was a decent forward we would have scored way more. Hence Celar coming in.

At 28 with form going down each year, Dykes really needs to be sold.

zzzzzzzzzz

Spurs Reflection on 13:58 - Jul 21 with 2453 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Spurs Reflection on 13:18 - Jul 21 by LazyFan

On reflection, one other point to note was that this was a quite attacking midfield. Only Colback was in there as DMC, which explains why Spurs had so much of the ball as we found it hard to get it off them with only one DMC.

Usually Marti does not like to play this way, last season he played with Colback and Field, two DMC's and then used Jesus, Willock and Chair to be the creatives.

This worked well and if Dykes was a decent forward we would have scored way more. Hence Celar coming in.

Thought that was one of Dykes better games, shocking miss aside!
Spurs Reflection on 14:01 - Jul 21 with 2439 viewsParkRoyalR

Spurs Reflection on 13:18 - Jul 21 by LazyFan

Dykes is coming back from injury, is'nt fully fit but Cifuentes chose to get him some game time yesterday,

Didnt go but played decent by all accounts & yet the puerile nonsense has already started,

Likely we would have been relegated last season if Cifuentes persisted in starting Frey and / or Armstrong as our lone striker, similar to season before when Dykes played post-pneumonia and helped keep us up,

I'm hoping Dykes gets back to his best form & / or Celar can be the lone striker / target man with a 1 in 3 goal scoring ratio we need, alternately Frey improves considerably on last seasons abysmal performances,

If Midfield was less defensive yesterday (a necessity in last years run-in) that's a big positive as a more attack minded Midfield will mean more chances created & more goals, likely shared throughout the team if we're set up around a lone striker.
Spurs Reflection on 14:41 - Jul 21 with 2297 viewskensalriser

I've read the thread and here are my takeaways:

Nardi: not bad but having only one leg may be a problem
Dunne: Fat, moany, shit hair - get rid
Paal/Andersen: Slower than Joe Biden, get rid
Santos: Terrible, get rid
Dykes: Missed the usual sitter, too many tats, shit hair - get rid
Frey: Looked fitter but still slower than Joe Biden's dad.
Dixon-Bonner: Meh
Chair: Missing again
Kolli: The Messiah
[Post edited 21 Jul 15:33]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Spurs Reflection on 15:08 - Jul 21 with 2236 viewsGus_iom

Spurs Reflection on 14:01 - Jul 21 by ParkRoyalR

Dykes is coming back from injury, is'nt fully fit but Cifuentes chose to get him some game time yesterday,

Didnt go but played decent by all accounts & yet the puerile nonsense has already started,

Likely we would have been relegated last season if Cifuentes persisted in starting Frey and / or Armstrong as our lone striker, similar to season before when Dykes played post-pneumonia and helped keep us up,

I'm hoping Dykes gets back to his best form & / or Celar can be the lone striker / target man with a 1 in 3 goal scoring ratio we need, alternately Frey improves considerably on last seasons abysmal performances,

If Midfield was less defensive yesterday (a necessity in last years run-in) that's a big positive as a more attack minded Midfield will mean more chances created & more goals, likely shared throughout the team if we're set up around a lone striker.

Watched it on the telly yesterday, was surprised and pleased to see Dykes fit enough to play. Thought he looked lively when he came on, his 'defending from the front' is an asset. Funny player, if he could get his confidence in front of goal, he'd be excellent at this level.
Login to get fewer ads

Spurs Reflection on 15:15 - Jul 21 with 2207 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Spurs Reflection on 14:41 - Jul 21 by kensalriser

I may have taken the piss out of his hair, but he played well otherwise, including a Kaka-esque dribble past three players before laying the ball off.

Anyone who is not optimistic after yesterday will never be optimistic.

Next season, whether we finish 1st or 24th, there will be a hardcore of happy clappers and a hard core of bed wetters with a movable 60-70% in the middle.

That is what this thread reflects imo. I’ve been tormenting this forum for a few years now and we all know who’ll be on what side.
Spurs Reflection on 17:34 - Jul 21 with 1930 viewsnumptydumpty

Spurs Reflection on 15:15 - Jul 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

I may have taken the piss out of his hair, but he played well otherwise, including a Kaka-esque dribble past three players before laying the ball off.

Next season, whether we finish 1st or 24th, there will be a hardcore of happy clappers and a hard core of bed wetters with a movable 60-70% in the middle.

That is what this thread reflects imo. I’ve been tormenting this forum for a few years now and we all know who’ll be on what side.

Well dont know what you would have myself down as Bazz, but was pleased yesterday and pleasantly surprised.

Am a realist, I think, but not a happy clapper, but I personally am positive for a decent season, minimum mid table, with an outside possibility of getting in the play offs.

Everything for myself is massively dependent that we keep hold of Marti for the entire season.

I think we may have two to three more first team players signed - another centre forward - may sell Dykes - another centre mid - and probably another left sided defender.

I am not sure if Eze gets sold what will happen but without we will see but one thing I cant see us getting is a relegation dogfight like the last two seasons.

So what am I Bazz - a happy clapper or a bed wetter - or what I believe is a realist who judges on what he sees as evidence.

Last year - with Ainsworth I thought for definite we would be in league one right now.

But definitely chalk and cheese to last seasons pre season games !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Spurs Reflection on 20:16 - Jul 21 with 1710 viewsmart_Goblin

Spurs Reflection on 14:41 - Jul 21 by kensalriser

Ha ha . Sums it up completely.

Already The Dykes must go v Dykes is a footballing Demi god has started .

Yawn yawn.

But the stupidest thing I’ve read is that Jimmy Dunne was a stone overweight !!!!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

If people are seeing that then no wonder there is so much tripe spouted about the football on here
Spurs Reflection on 20:23 - Jul 21 with 1678 viewsLanhoop

My reflection would be that against a group valued at between 10 and 20 times as much as our lot they did alright. A few need some more minutes but we played some good stuff at times. I think 2-0 flattered them and 1-0 or a draw would have been a fairer result. Much more positive than last pre-season.
Spurs Reflection on 21:12 - Jul 21 with 1547 viewsascot_smiffy

I’ve been a long term lurker, but figured I’d throw my two pence worth in.
One key thing yesterday was the press, we seem to be a lot more active as a team in pressing the opposition, and it worked a number of times, yes there was also they played out of it.
I thought Frey look a lot fitter and is going to be a pain to defenders this season also he was leading that line and press a lot and even sometimes berating others who didn’t get involved.
Like others have said Santos looks to be finding his feet at the moment.
I thought a lot of the younger ones in second half played with out fear too which was good to see.
I think the new striker from what’s been seen online and stats show he’s a good finisher so las has been said it’s an optimistic season ahead. I think we may lose 1-2 others from first team before this is finished this year. But we are in good shape at the moment.
Spurs Reflection on 16:35 - Jul 22 with 1160 viewsCiderwithRsie

Spurs Reflection on 15:15 - Jul 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

No wonder none of us can sleep for most of the season, lying in bed with someone pissing in it on one side and someone else on the other singing "if you're happy and you know it clap your hands" all the time.
Spurs Reflection on 18:39 - Jul 22 with 987 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Some people pay for that kind of thing, so I heard.
Spurs Reflection on 20:29 - Jul 22 with 862 viewsPhilmyRs

Spurs Reflection on 20:16 - Jul 21 by mart_Goblin

Ha ha . Sums it up completely.

Already The Dykes must go v Dykes is a footballing Demi god has started .

Yawn yawn.

But the stupidest thing I’ve read is that Jimmy Dunne was a stone overweight !!!!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

If people are seeing that then no wonder there is so much tripe spouted about the football on here

That would be me. Stone overweight is harsh, and looking at the training photos I can’t see any excess timber on the bloke but one of the first things I said to my Spurs mate after commenting on the pitch looking decent and good crowd was “Dunne looks like he’s carrying a fair bit”. Thought he played ok. Maybe it was the kit or the new hairdo that did it but genuine surprise from me when seeing him, and Jimmy D is a player I like.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024