Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Armstrong 22:57 - Jul 15 with 66795 viewsdigswellhoop

sorry if I'm late Armstrong is a talent sign him on a long contract he will be a great player for us if nurtured properly

This post has been edited by an administrator
Armstrong on 19:30 - Jul 16 with 4251 viewsBklynRanger

I see it says here re Brizzle and Stroke, 'Both clubs are understood to have reached QPR’s valuation, considering he’ll be available on a free next summer, and have left the decision in the player’s hands.'

Shouldn't we be getting them to outbid each other?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/arid-41437930.html
Armstrong on 09:42 - Jul 17 with 3611 viewstkqpr

https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/champions-league/financial-picture-dramati

First time I’ve seen a fee reported, I’d be okay with that £2.5m!!
Armstrong on 09:44 - Jul 17 with 3592 viewsSydneyRs

Would absolutely bite their hands off for $2.5 million. Cannot believe they'd be willing to pay that for a guy who has shown no signs yet that he will make it at this level.
Armstrong on 09:49 - Jul 17 with 3553 viewsLandshark

Armstrong on 09:42 - Jul 17 by tkqpr

https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/champions-league/financial-picture-dramati

There's absolutely no way any club are going to be spending £2.5 million on Armstrong. It's not happening. 250-500k MAX. If Armstrong is valued at 2.5 million I don't think we will ever be able to afford a competent striker again.
Armstrong on 09:50 - Jul 17 with 3550 viewstkqpr

Armstrong on 09:44 - Jul 17 by SydneyRs

Would absolutely bite their hands off for $2.5 million. Cannot believe they'd be willing to pay that for a guy who has shown no signs yet that he will make it at this level.

That could be the make up of the whole deal including potential add ons? But still i think that sounds a better all round deal.
Armstrong on 10:37 - Jul 17 with 3380 viewsNorthernr

Armstrong on 09:42 - Jul 17 by tkqpr

Always fun when Stoke get involved.
Charging round the Co-op trying to pay $10,000 for a small box of Cornflakes as usual.
Armstrong on 10:44 - Jul 17 with 3301 viewsPunteR

Take the money. He's not all that. We keep talking about potential but I think that's more hope than anything. He's 21. Saka is 22, Bellingham 21, the young Spanish lad Yamal just turned 17.
I'm not sure he has it in his locker.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Armstrong on 10:54 - Jul 17 with 3206 viewsthehat

Armstrong is a good impact sub but struggles badly when asked to start games (look at Sheff Wed at home back end of last season). He has fitness issues, cramps up, is poor in the air and very one footed also don't get me started on his offsides. Experienced defenders know how to play him

If he won't sign our deal and clubs have met our valuation then goodbye - I do hope we get that sell on clause though.

We must have a decent budget now to bring in a few new faces.
Login to get fewer ads

Armstrong on 10:57 - Jul 17 with 3175 viewsBklynRanger

Armstrong on 19:30 - Jul 16 by BklynRanger

I see it says here re Brizzle and Stroke, 'Both clubs are understood to have reached QPR’s valuation, considering he’ll be available on a free next summer, and have left the decision in the player’s hands.'

Shouldn't we be getting them to outbid each other?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/arid-41437930.html

Answering my own post, I wonder if them both meeting the valuation lends weight to the idea that it was a daft number in the first place - like £2.5mill.

Still think it might be worth going back and saying "Actually we had another look at the numbers and we'd really need [insert even funnier figure]", but I'm no Warren Buffet.
[Post edited 17 Jul 10:58]
Armstrong on 11:01 - Jul 17 with 3125 viewsWestonsuperR

Armstrong on 09:49 - Jul 17 by Landshark

There's absolutely no way any club are going to be spending £2.5 million on Armstrong. It's not happening. 250-500k MAX. If Armstrong is valued at 2.5 million I don't think we will ever be able to afford a competent striker again.

I thought 750k on the basis of some progress with Ireland U21’s. 2.5M is ridiculous not sure I believe it, neither Bristol City or Stoke could have researched thoroughly and be prepared to pay this for a player that has 3 goals in 61 matches at this level.
Armstrong on 11:02 - Jul 17 with 3106 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Armstrong on 10:57 - Jul 17 by BklynRanger

Answering my own post, I wonder if them both meeting the valuation lends weight to the idea that it was a daft number in the first place - like £2.5mill.

Still think it might be worth going back and saying "Actually we had another look at the numbers and we'd really need [insert even funnier figure]", but I'm no Warren Buffet.
[Post edited 17 Jul 10:58]

AKA the Daniel Levy manoeuvre

I’ll be sad to see him go because it’s never a dull game with him involved but my willy twitched when I read £2.5m.
[Post edited 17 Jul 11:03]
club on 11:28 - Jul 17 with 2902 viewsgazza1

club on 10:29 - Jul 16 by Northernr

One big negative is it doesn't help with our chronic lack of pace.

Very much so, it does help us out a lot in times of need and need for pace is quite often.
Armstrong on 11:33 - Jul 17 with 2859 viewsNed_Kennedys

Armstrong on 09:49 - Jul 17 by Landshark

Any valuation is pure guesswork.
The guy appears unwilling to sign a new contract so we need to sell him.
He’s got pace and strength and is young so COULD potentially develop into a decent player and a lot of clubs would think they could get the best out of him and he could be the next Adama Traore.
club on 11:33 - Jul 17 with 2862 viewsnick_hammersmith

club on 11:28 - Jul 17 by gazza1

Very much so, it does help us out a lot in times of need and need for pace is quite often.

Plus the team get a breather once he's flagged offside
Armstrong on 11:40 - Jul 17 with 2785 viewsMyke

As I have in a previous post I feel there is a lot more to come from Armstrong. Comparing him to once off talents like Limal and Bellingham is ludicrous like comparing Messi or Ronaldo to their contemporaries.
That said, if £2.5 figure is real then it would be hard to refuse it( and would explain his agents determination to get him moved). We need to include a significant sell on though, if we are losing 25% to Shamrock Rovers
Armstrong on 12:18 - Jul 17 with 2553 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

£2.5m, that has got to be wrong. He has got 3 goals at the age of 21, he couldn't even get a start when we were battling relegation.
And I'll point out again, it is a sideways move, just like Willock. We can replace with better.
Grab the money quick and run off laughing into the distance.
Armstrong on 12:37 - Jul 17 with 2436 viewsbob566

Dan mcdonnell is a very reliable reporter for what it's worth
Armstrong on 12:46 - Jul 17 with 2334 viewsconnell10

I might be in a minority but I think Armstrong will go on to become a very good striker. But I'm not sure about his attitude, he looks mentally fragile at times to say the least! Anyway if he won't sign and there's 2.5 mill on the table we can't turn it down.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Armstrong on 13:16 - Jul 17 with 2100 viewsGroveR

Armstrong on 10:37 - Jul 17 by Northernr

Always fun when Stoke get involved.
Charging round the Co-op trying to pay $10,000 for a small box of Cornflakes as usual.

There's a outlier in this year's "Most Lucrative Stadium Naming Rights Deals"...can ya tell what is is yet?

1) Crypto.com Arena, Los Angeles
2) bet365 Stadium, Sturke
3) Spotify Nou Camp, Barcelona
Armstrong on 13:18 - Jul 17 with 2053 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Armstrong on 13:16 - Jul 17 by GroveR

There's a outlier in this year's "Most Lucrative Stadium Naming Rights Deals"...can ya tell what is is yet?

1) Crypto.com Arena, Los Angeles
2) bet365 Stadium, Sturke
3) Spotify Nou Camp, Barcelona

4) Ocean Billy’s Loftus Road Stadium
Armstrong on 13:20 - Jul 17 with 2038 viewsPlanetHonneywood

And this isn't a typo we're all getting excited about?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Armstrong on 13:22 - Jul 17 with 2005 viewsJimmyR

I love Armstrong and I’d be sad to see him go, but if we can get anywhere near 2.5m for a striker that currently couldn’t finish his breakfast AND won’t sign another contract…

Then thanks very much for you efforts and all the best with your sideways move.

I’m sure one day he’ll get the confidence and composure to start putting them away.

But I’m not sure it’s going to come from this move as with 2.5m price tag and presumably higher wages come higher expectations and more pressure, which is the last thing he needs really!

But good luck to ya!
Armstrong on 13:25 - Jul 17 with 1983 viewsJimmyR

Armstrong on 13:20 - Jul 17 by PlanetHonneywood

And this isn't a typo we're all getting excited about?

Good point, I thought chairs 1500hrs of community service was a touch harsh… until I realised 150 was far more likely/reasonable
Armstrong on 13:32 - Jul 17 with 1897 viewsTonto

Not worth £2.5M right now IMO. Bite their hands off. Add in a sell on % and I'll be bloody happy with that businss.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Armstrong on 13:32 - Jul 17 with 1892 viewsPunteR

Armstrong on 11:40 - Jul 17 by Myke

As I have in a previous post I feel there is a lot more to come from Armstrong. Comparing him to once off talents like Limal and Bellingham is ludicrous like comparing Messi or Ronaldo to their contemporaries.
That said, if £2.5 figure is real then it would be hard to refuse it( and would explain his agents determination to get him moved). We need to include a significant sell on though, if we are losing 25% to Shamrock Rovers

I mentioned Bellingham and a few others in terms of their age rather than ability. Obviously everyone develops at different rates but at 21 Armstrong is not some young pup. He's played a fair amount of Championship football. It reminds me a bit of the connor Washington scenario, in that we think theres a good player in there but just doesnt quite push on. I think we are seeing his level. He will improve to an extent but the basics should be a given at his age. The fact he's got a very good coach in Cifuentes and still would rather chase the money shows where his priorities are and for that I'm happy to see him go.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024