Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jerry Yates interest 20:33 - Jun 2 with 3739 viewsKeithHaynes

There’s a few rumours about, obviously nothing concrete but it looks like there will be interest this summer. For what price, who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Jerry Yates interest on 16:45 - Jun 3 with 1418 viewsYrAlarch

Jerry Yates interest on 14:28 - Jun 3 by onehunglow

Not just Martin but he was he who saw him off .
He could have stayed with us but that would have meant Martin relenting .
Never going to happen
Anyway,we re back to Jerry.
Has he got “ haters” too or just peoplecwobderingbjust htf he is earning fine wages at our football club whilst being utterly inept

I am one of those peoplecwobderingbjust htf he is earning fine wages at our football club.
Jerry Yates interest on 16:49 - Jun 3 with 1412 viewsKeithHaynes

Jerry Yates interest on 16:45 - Jun 3 by YrAlarch

I am one of those peoplecwobderingbjust htf he is earning fine wages at our football club.

Closest we got was 12k a week. It’s a Jay Fulton situation, clubs wanted to sign him two years ago but wouldn’t match his contract at Swansea. Jerry could just sit this one out and line his pockets, plus he’s getting on, another year older.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Jerry Yates interest on 17:35 - Jun 3 with 1351 viewsWhiterockin

Jerry Yates interest on 16:49 - Jun 3 by KeithHaynes

Closest we got was 12k a week. It’s a Jay Fulton situation, clubs wanted to sign him two years ago but wouldn’t match his contract at Swansea. Jerry could just sit this one out and line his pockets, plus he’s getting on, another year older.

As could Fisher, it's not as if our owners are adverse to expensive mistakes. Players they sign and players they don't.
Jerry Yates interest on 18:46 - Jun 3 with 1291 viewsonehunglow

Jerry Yates interest on 16:45 - Jun 3 by YrAlarch

He’s gets me like that too

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Jerry Yates interest on 19:36 - Jun 3 with 1240 viewssw02sea

Whoever recruited Yates should be made to sit in a locked room, with matchsticks keeping his eyes open, and be made to watch a video (on loop) of his stealing a living, “Lowlights”
Jerry Yates interest on 06:44 - Jun 4 with 1131 viewsYrAlarch

Jerry Yates interest on 16:49 - Jun 3 by KeithHaynes

To be honest I would rather he be on the golf course, in Tescos, or down Wind Street on a match day than part of the Squad, and take the financial hit.
I just wonder if the decision to sign him was out of desperation or simply poor judgement.
I am still hoping that a Club in the lower Divisions, like Wrexham, with a bit of spare cash, would stump up for him.
Jerry Yates interest on 08:30 - Jun 4 with 1071 viewsjackrmee

Jerry Yates interest on 09:54 - Jun 3 by onehunglow

As I say,what e @ fly is his style.
What are his attributes
Answers on a postcard ,although they’re hard to find these days

30 goals in 3 championship seasons at struggling clubs, is not a terrible return.
To finish as our joint top scorer, wile not playing regularly and not fitting into the system is not too shabby.

I’m sure Shandy is right, there will be suitors willing to pay £1m plus

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Jerry Yates interest on 09:14 - Jun 4 with 1052 viewsonehunglow

Jerry Yates interest on 08:30 - Jun 4 by jackrmee

30 goals in 3 championship seasons at struggling clubs, is not a terrible return.
To finish as our joint top scorer, wile not playing regularly and not fitting into the system is not too shabby.

Well,that’s a good riposte to which I have no answer

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Jerry Yates interest on 13:46 - Jun 4 with 920 viewsReslovenSwan1

Jerry Yates interest on 09:52 - Jun 3 by Boundy

Curious to know what system that may be? , so far I've not seen anything in him to think that he is a championship player.

Players especially striker who "do not fit the style" are an enormous proportion of the football population. If a young Alan Shearer turned up he would be behind Cullen in the pecking order. Llorente who was a class act was super successful despite not having the correct profile.
[Post edited 4 Jun 15:40]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Jerry Yates interest on 11:01 - Jun 5 with 723 viewsdobjack2

Jerry Yates interest on 08:30 - Jun 4 by jackrmee

Indeed.

Not a one man up top player but, with an injection of confidence, may work playing with a big centre forward. Didn't fit into our tactics and didn't look happy on the pitch a lot of the time.

The signings of Yates and Kuharevich suggested that someone on the recruitment side might have thought they could play up top together at some stage, but no manager wanted to do that.

I can only assume that the Kuharevich mystery is something that has happened behind the scenes, because he didn't have the time on the pitch to warrant being shut out in the way he was. Did he fall out with all 3 managers or the non-playing side?

Whichever it was I don't see either Yates or Kuharevich having a future here and can't see us matching what Lowe could get elsewhere.

The issue is are we going to wait until we shift players on before getting the forwards we so badly need and risk those we've scouted going elsewhere or are we going to get players in and risk having players that aren't wanted on the wage bill?

With Levein holding the purse strings I suspect that it will be sell before we buy
Jerry Yates interest on 14:17 - Jun 5 with 636 viewsunion_jack

Jerry Yates interest on 11:01 - Jun 5 by dobjack2

Indeed.

Not a one man up top player but, with an injection of confidence, may work playing with a big centre forward. Didn't fit into our tactics and didn't look happy on the pitch a lot of the time.

The signings of Yates and Kuharevich suggested that someone on the recruitment side might have thought they could play up top together at some stage, but no manager wanted to do that.

I can only assume that the Kuharevich mystery is something that has happened behind the scenes, because he didn't have the time on the pitch to warrant being shut out in the way he was. Did he fall out with all 3 managers or the non-playing side?

Whichever it was I don't see either Yates or Kuharevich having a future here and can't see us matching what Lowe could get elsewhere.

The issue is are we going to wait until we shift players on before getting the forwards we so badly need and risk those we've scouted going elsewhere or are we going to get players in and risk having players that aren't wanted on the wage bill?

With Levein holding the purse strings I suspect that it will be sell before we buy

Of course it will be which is why we are due yet another final day of the window saying ‘will we, won’t we” and end up disappointed!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Jerry Yates interest on 13:21 - Jun 6 with 453 viewsnantywatcher

If another club was interested in him, they ought to start a Crowd Funding page, I think they would be amazed at the amount of donations they would receive from South Wales.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024