Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer rumours 2024 19:24 - Apr 28 with 715998 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Started already since we thumped the Yorkshire Massive so going early.

Apparently we are linked with Bosun Lawal. Celtic, on loan at Fleetwood, centre midfield or centre back. 20 years old, Irish apparently.

Feel free to add as they come in !
Transfer rumours 2024 (n/t) on 17:27 - Aug 8 with 6746 viewsMonkey_Roots

[Post edited 9 Aug 7:41]
Transfer rumours 2024 (n/t) on 17:30 - Aug 8 with 6712 viewsMonkey_Roots

[Post edited 9 Aug 7:42]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:31 - Aug 8 with 6709 viewsCateLeBonR

Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:14 - Aug 8 by TheChef

Yes in theory makes us harder to break down if we get Hayden back - but like you say the issue of scoring persists.

I’d worry about where the creativity would come from but you don’t see many Ray Wilkins type midfielders around these days anyway. Dixon-Bonner maybe. A midfield 5 of Field, Varane, Colback, EDB and Hayden looks strong.

A few outings for Bennie and maybe a loan to get him up to speed for next season. Release Colback in the summer and look to give Hayden a contract. Easy this football lark

(none of this will happen)
Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:45 - Aug 8 with 6593 viewsGus_iom

Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:20 - Aug 8 by lassel

Great work by his agent, having seen him play that’s about 2 levels above where I’d have expected him to find a new club!

I see Pedder is joining Southend as well.

I'll be interested to see how he does
Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:57 - Aug 8 with 6494 viewsenfieldargh

Ugbo signed on a perm by Wednesday

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Transfer rumours 2024 on 00:18 - Aug 9 with 5648 viewsCateLeBonR

Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:57 - Aug 8 by enfieldargh

Excellent. It would have been nice to have him for Saturday but next week will have to do.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 00:39 - Aug 9 with 5604 viewsrbee

Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:20 - Aug 8 by Landshark

Jack Collback is a walking yellow card. There will be plenty of games he will be unavailable for leaving us with just 3 or if you count EDB 4. Always good to have legs in the middle of the park. If we can get Hayden for a cheap deal I'd say go for it.

Field racks up the yellow cards as well. Would love Hayden back if we can budget for him knowing that we need attack minded players.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 00:41 - Aug 9 with 5603 viewsMatch82

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:58 - Aug 8 by Watford_Ranger

I see Sheff U have also signed Gilchrist from Chelsea and Souttar from Leicester on loan. Likely to be significant fees for them too. We’ll be punching well above our weight to get close to the top six with our resources.

Well above our weight I'd have thought! I know we are all believers in Marti but this is a bottom half squad, we'll be overachieving if we finish in the top half
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer rumours 2024 on 06:58 - Aug 9 with 5164 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Transfer rumours 2024 on 00:41 - Aug 9 by Match82

Well above our weight I'd have thought! I know we are all believers in Marti but this is a bottom half squad, we'll be overachieving if we finish in the top half

Very true.

You'd happily take a finish that sees us avoid flirtation with relegation from September onwards. A cup run would be nice to add some positivity to the place.

Like many on here, I accept our remaining transfer activity will come at the end of the TW, and we'll see where we truly are by the end of September.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 06:59 - Aug 9 with 5156 viewsGus_iom

Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:31 - Aug 8 by CateLeBonR

I’d worry about where the creativity would come from but you don’t see many Ray Wilkins type midfielders around these days anyway. Dixon-Bonner maybe. A midfield 5 of Field, Varane, Colback, EDB and Hayden looks strong.

A few outings for Bennie and maybe a loan to get him up to speed for next season. Release Colback in the summer and look to give Hayden a contract. Easy this football lark

(none of this will happen)

I've yet to see EDB impose himself on a game. He's got the skill-set, he needs to learn to apply it more consistently
Transfer rumours 2024 on 07:31 - Aug 9 with 4993 viewsWatford_Ranger

Took him for a drink on Tuesdayyy
Transfer rumours 2024 on 07:56 - Aug 9 with 4823 viewsdaveB

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:58 - Aug 8 by Watford_Ranger

I see Sheff U have also signed Gilchrist from Chelsea and Souttar from Leicester on loan. Likely to be significant fees for them too. We’ll be punching well above our weight to get close to the top six with our resources.

They seem to have signed 3 left backs, the parachute payments are killing this league
Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:05 - Aug 9 with 4772 viewsLblock

80's footballers hairstyles are back.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:57 - Aug 9 with 4552 viewsAntti_Heinola

Transfer rumours 2024 on 07:56 - Aug 9 by daveB

They seem to have signed 3 left backs, the parachute payments are killing this league

Can’t disagree, but article in guardian yesterday showing that they released 16 and signed about half that. They got £10m for a striker, they spent nothing last year and got the prem money. There’s still panic up there that the squad is nowhere near ready.

Bare bones.

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:07 - Aug 9 with 4473 viewskernowhoop

At the moment, I see a team that is great in possession and probably solid at the back, but lacking menace in the final third. I hope I am wrong and that we have a plan to get Zan Celar into goal-scoring positions and get the ball to him. Marti may have just such a plan.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:17 - Aug 9 with 4399 viewsdmm

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:07 - Aug 9 by kernowhoop

At the moment, I see a team that is great in possession and probably solid at the back, but lacking menace in the final third. I hope I am wrong and that we have a plan to get Zan Celar into goal-scoring positions and get the ball to him. Marti may have just such a plan.

Yes, and I hope Marti has seen that focusing mainly on Smyth to create will not work. Kolli (he'll surely start tomorrow) looks like he can deliver better from out wide and Andersen should be used centrally more to play Celar in.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:31 - Aug 9 with 4277 viewsNorthernr

The big thing from writing the season previews, and it applies to us as well, is there's still a month of transfer window left. There's no way, for instance, the Hull and Watford squads look like this by September. I've stuck Sheff Utd midtable, then they go out and add Gilchrist and Souttar.

We look good at the back and light up front to me. In four weeks time we could have sold JCS and signed 4 forwards.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:43 - Aug 9 with 4121 viewsMonkey_Roots

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:31 - Aug 9 by Northernr

The big thing from writing the season previews, and it applies to us as well, is there's still a month of transfer window left. There's no way, for instance, the Hull and Watford squads look like this by September. I've stuck Sheff Utd midtable, then they go out and add Gilchrist and Souttar.

We look good at the back and light up front to me. In four weeks time we could have sold JCS and signed 4 forwards.

Why don't they shut (SLAM!) the window shut before the season starts?

Is it because of different start dates in Europe?

Or does it give teams that have a poor start a chance to panic buy?

It must be very disruptive for teams that receive bids late in August, especially if a player starts really strongly.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:00 - Aug 9 with 3429 viewsLblock

Forwards?

Aren't they usually seen in W12 riding unicorns bareback with Lord Lucan following them?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:02 - Aug 9 with 3400 viewsNorthernr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:00 - Aug 9 by Lblock

Forwards?

Aren't they usually seen in W12 riding unicorns bareback with Lord Lucan following them?

We're at the dreaming stage of the season mate, 24 more hours of it enjoy.
I remember Mel and I sitting in the Crown talking about our outside chances of Europe cos wed signed Junior Hoilett. Two hours later we'd lost 5-0 to Swansea.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:08 - Aug 9 with 3274 viewsAntti_Heinola

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:02 - Aug 9 by Northernr

We're at the dreaming stage of the season mate, 24 more hours of it enjoy.
I remember Mel and I sitting in the Crown talking about our outside chances of Europe cos wed signed Junior Hoilett. Two hours later we'd lost 5-0 to Swansea.

That match was one of the weirdest I’ve ever seen. We could and should have been about 3-0 up, we still looked in it at 3-0 down. They just kept effing scoring. An accurate harbinger of what was to come through, and Hughes’s hubristic ‘this club will never be in this position again while I’m manager’ was exploded one game into the new season.

Bare bones.

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:11 - Aug 9 with 3226 viewsNorthernr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:08 - Aug 9 by Antti_Heinola

That match was one of the weirdest I’ve ever seen. We could and should have been about 3-0 up, we still looked in it at 3-0 down. They just kept effing scoring. An accurate harbinger of what was to come through, and Hughes’s hubristic ‘this club will never be in this position again while I’m manager’ was exploded one game into the new season.

We were in Rob Green's 30-yarder phase tbf.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:34 - Aug 9 with 2974 viewsCamberleyR

Transfer rumours 2024 on 00:39 - Aug 9 by rbee

Field racks up the yellow cards as well. Would love Hayden back if we can budget for him knowing that we need attack minded players.

Don't think that's quite the case now under Marti. Last season he didn't pick up a yellow after January (15 games)

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:03 - Aug 9 with 2700 viewsrbee

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:34 - Aug 9 by CamberleyR

Don't think that's quite the case now under Marti. Last season he didn't pick up a yellow after January (15 games)

Thanks for that, interesting
Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:33 - Aug 9 with 2485 viewsderbyhoop

And look like adding Rak-Sakyi as well. Half the clubs in the Championship interested but only clubs with parachute money could even get close to what Palace are demanding.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024