Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Didn't deserve to lose that 14:08 - Jan 14 with 10192 viewsOakR

I know it's about achieving etc as Marti says, but you know what, we played well today.

Our Achilles heal of not being able to score / take chances bit us again.

Plenty of positives from today, not the result of course

This is miles away from getting beaten and playing terribly.
[Post edited 14 Jan 14:09]

Poll: Will we stay up?

Didn't deserve to lose that on 16:16 - Jan 14 with 2035 viewsParkRoyalR

Didn't deserve to lose that on 16:07 - Jan 14 by lassel

Went straight through Colbacks legs.

And behind him Dunne turned his back and jumped over it.

In fairness to Dunne at least he backed up Colback and tried to block the shot, a bit of effort un-matched by JCS who seemed to have time to raise his arm for an offside and spectate on what was going on around him.
Didn't deserve to lose that on 16:22 - Jan 14 with 2010 viewsParkRoyalR

Didn't deserve to lose that on 16:08 - Jan 14 by baz_qpr

I thought both Dykes and Armstrong were excellent especially in the build up play win that game 1-0 and we would be saying so. Chair and Willock struggled, I thought it was noticeable how much better Willock was on the left than on the right but that dreadful pass to Armstrong when 2 on 2 summer it up

Also if he plays can we have Dixon Bonner on set pieces please the few he took in the last 10 minutes were better than any in recent weeks pace and arc on the ball,

Sometimes you just know you are down when you have game like that when nothing falls to you and you lose to two 20 yard screamers

Baz agree with all your posts on this game, called it right, and

Agree with your key point being today we missed an in-form Chair & Willock who contributed very little between them as others all had decent games and just a shame our match winners were'nt match-fit today.
Didn't deserve to lose that on 17:03 - Jan 14 with 1892 viewsthemodfather

we can play well , we can create chances but not scoring enough goals is killing us. playing well don't get wins, we NEED GOAL SCORERS now.
Didn't deserve to lose that on 17:46 - Jan 14 with 1798 viewsnix

Didn't deserve to lose that on 15:24 - Jan 14 by joe90

We didn’t deserve to win and a draw would have been a fair result, but we lost and Watford deservedly took the 3 points. We also weren’t unlucky, the team were playing at the limit of their capabilities. Despite putting in a fairly good performance we were still not good enough. Sadly Armstrong does not have the composure for first team football and I fear that this season could have a detrimental impact on his development, but it’s a stark reflection of our limited squad.

As crazy as this sounds, I enjoyed the game. It was entertaining, but it was also crushing at the same time. We put in effort and it just wasn’t good enough, and that hurts.

Really?

I don't know. We had several clear-cut chances - five compared to Watford's one. From memory a free header for Armstrong and Dunne, and an open goal for Colback, and a one on one for Armstrong, plus another one?. We had seven chances on target to their two. We had more possession and an expected goal ratio of 1.57 to 0.43. If we'd had those stats and won, I'd say we'd been pretty lucky.

Obviously none of that counts if you don't score but I don't think overall they deserved to win.

We do need to improve in a lot of areas still but it was an enjoyable match. I think Marti will run out of time unfortunately to turn things around.
Didn't deserve to lose that on 19:18 - Jan 14 with 1672 viewsderbyhoop

Didn't deserve to lose that on 15:11 - Jan 14 by Watford_Ranger

Would like to see it again but from my vantage point Begovic looked very flat-footed for the first. Maybe it was in the corner but didn’t look it having not seen it back. Dykes would’ve been Livermore’s man presumably in that formation but nobody seemed to be busting a gut to stop the shot but again without having seen it back.

It was in the corner but Begovic's footwork wasnt great.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Didn't deserve to lose that on 19:33 - Jan 14 with 1631 viewsHAYESBOY

If there was ever a game that encapsulated our predicament at the moment, that was it.
We should of won that game on chances. We need a finisher upfront.
I love Armstrong and he was good today but he has to stick at least one of those away today and probably two.
Yes, I know money restrictions, but we've had this problem going back in the last 3/4 transfer windows.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Didn't deserve to lose that on 20:11 - Jan 14 with 1547 viewsParkRoyalR

Didn't deserve to lose that on 19:18 - Jan 14 by derbyhoop

It was in the corner but Begovic's footwork wasnt great.

I criticised Dykes above for not closing down quick enough but in fairness he did but having re-watched it, that's some strike, outside of far post and swung back and inside post, wouldn't criticise Begovic either, not many keepers are saving that shot.
Didn't deserve to lose that on 20:20 - Jan 14 with 1530 viewshertshoops

Didn't deserve to lose that on 15:57 - Jan 14 by lassel

If you miss 2, arguably 3 sitters and gift goals against then unfortunately you do deserve to lose.

The bigger issue is that as North has said before and will no doubt say in the report, Ipswich away, the lads like that one, turn up and put in a performance. Bournemouth at home, PL side, ooh we like that, we will give it a go. Watford on a Sunday, nice sunny day, sure why not, let’s play.

Next week, at home to a physical Millwall side they won’t play like that, they’ll play like a bunch of cnts and lose 0-2. Huddersfield at home? Nah don’t fancy any part of that, they’ll phone in a 0-1 defeat.

And that’s a large part of why Marti is so fcking furious right now behind the scenes. These guys *can* play, and *can* take it to an above average championship side, they *shouldnt* be where they are. But there is no fight, no desire, no professional pride in these guys and the second they experience a bit of adversity they just fold. The club spent way way more than it could afford on bringing in Colback to be the gritty bastard in the team and he’s on a personal mission to play as little as possible this year..

Exactly this

They have shown us this time and again
Login to get fewer ads

Didn't deserve to lose that on 20:36 - Jan 14 with 1466 viewsjoe90

Didn't deserve to lose that on 17:46 - Jan 14 by nix

Really?

I don't know. We had several clear-cut chances - five compared to Watford's one. From memory a free header for Armstrong and Dunne, and an open goal for Colback, and a one on one for Armstrong, plus another one?. We had seven chances on target to their two. We had more possession and an expected goal ratio of 1.57 to 0.43. If we'd had those stats and won, I'd say we'd been pretty lucky.

Obviously none of that counts if you don't score but I don't think overall they deserved to win.

We do need to improve in a lot of areas still but it was an enjoyable match. I think Marti will run out of time unfortunately to turn things around.

Nix, we stopped being ‘unlucky’ well over a year ago and at this point ‘deserving’ counts for absolutely nothing.

It was an enjoyable match and that’s what I’m trying to focus on. I’m over reading into performances, I’m just taking each game as it comes. I think given our form and the general uncertainty around the club there’s not much else you can do.

At least the away kit looks great this season, will definitely get myself one.
Didn't deserve to lose that on 21:36 - Jan 14 with 1408 viewsnix

Didn't deserve to lose that on 20:36 - Jan 14 by joe90

Nix, we stopped being ‘unlucky’ well over a year ago and at this point ‘deserving’ counts for absolutely nothing.

It was an enjoyable match and that’s what I’m trying to focus on. I’m over reading into performances, I’m just taking each game as it comes. I think given our form and the general uncertainty around the club there’s not much else you can do.

At least the away kit looks great this season, will definitely get myself one.

I agree with you, it's pretty awful. And deserving doesn't get points.

I just don't think it's true that they deserved to win, either.

Also, weirdly we seem to have a lot of new fans. Particularly younger people. Always something to focus on.

As for on the pitch, it's hard to imagine us getting another point at the moment, despite improved performances.
Didn't deserve to lose that on 23:07 - Jan 14 with 1268 viewsstainrods_elbow

Didn't deserve to lose that on 15:04 - Jan 14 by Jules4367

Game after game Smyth has the beating of their backs!
We get a free kick, put two players over the ball- they put two or three in the wall - so they have three players ‘out’ of the melee.

Why cannot Smyth over run the ball then a pass to him as the free kick and he is round the three defenders in the wall and crossing to where we have more in the box - you see other teams do it but we keep this ridiculous crossing direct from the free kick or shooting.

There is no imagination or strategy at free kicks and we waste far far more than we convert!

Madness!!!

It's one of the things that points to poor/inadequate coaching, but according to some here, it's all down to the players every time. The players aren't good or consistent enough, granted, but quite why Cifuentes apparently hasn't noted, for example, that Paal can't take free kicks, and instead persists in having us do the same thing again and again while hoping for a different result, i.e. succumbing to madness, is mystifying.
[Post edited 14 Jan 23:18]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Didn't deserve to lose that on 23:20 - Jan 14 with 1256 viewsdavman

Didn't deserve to lose that on 23:07 - Jan 14 by stainrods_elbow

It's one of the things that points to poor/inadequate coaching, but according to some here, it's all down to the players every time. The players aren't good or consistent enough, granted, but quite why Cifuentes apparently hasn't noted, for example, that Paal can't take free kicks, and instead persists in having us do the same thing again and again while hoping for a different result, i.e. succumbing to madness, is mystifying.
[Post edited 14 Jan 23:18]

Yep, with you on that one. At least shake it up a little, but Paal has been pretty poor at those dead balls for a while now...

Not good enough all round really...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Didn't deserve to lose that on 06:01 - Jan 15 with 1163 viewsNorthantsHoop

When you watch Rangers in the ground you really see how flat and one dimensional we are, lack of movement through midfield and slow build ups. Watford although nothing great about them could turn the game through taking their chances well through Livermore. I love going to QPR but I fell out of love with most of these players a while back, we should have gone down last season we didn't through luck more than judgement and we are pretty much on course to go down this season, as we are a poor team. The results and statistics speak for themselves.
Didn't deserve to lose that on 06:39 - Jan 15 with 1113 viewsPaddyhoops

Didn't deserve to lose that on 15:20 - Jan 14 by traininvain

My initial reaction was that Begovic should be saving the first goal and having seen a few replays my opinion hasn’t changed. No real pace behind the shot and he seems very slow to get across.

But I’d be interested to hear if others feel differently!

Thought he should have done better with second but on reflection he was going going to get near the first.
Still Hamer is one year younger and looked a lot more mobile than Begovich.
He was MOTM for me .
Didn't deserve to lose that on 08:55 - Jan 15 with 1003 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Didn't deserve to lose that on 23:20 - Jan 14 by davman

Yep, with you on that one. At least shake it up a little, but Paal has been pretty poor at those dead balls for a while now...

Not good enough all round really...

I noticed Dixon Bonner took one (free kick) in the second half. That was MUCH better.
Didn't deserve to lose that on 14:36 - Jan 15 with 826 viewsrobith

We did deserve to lose because we created several great opportunities to score and came nowhere near scoring them. gave them two chances, one gilt edged and conceded. Not entirely sure what a team that does that deserves other than to lose?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024