Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wild Rovers Return Fred 15:13 - Oct 6 with 32784 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Mate from neighbouring village, whom I used to sit with at LR, and moi are back to see what all this relegation nonsense is all about and, if required, breathe some life into the old dog.

Resounding display, full of gallic flair and let hi-ho silver lining ring out.

2-1 Rangers 'ave it Monsieur!!
[Post edited 6 Oct 2023 15:19]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 15:52 - Oct 7 with 2539 viewsMatch82

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 15:49 - Oct 7 by DaBurgh

I wonder what Reggie thinks after watching this..

"at least this club might pay me"
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 15:53 - Oct 7 with 2528 viewsMatch82

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 15:49 - Oct 7 by DaBurgh

I wonder what Reggie thinks after watching this..

Also, "well I guess I don't have to worry too much about earning my place in this team"
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 15:54 - Oct 7 with 2466 viewsbosh67

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 15:51 - Oct 7 by markrtid

Fed up feeling like this.

We are very much the Barnstoneworth of the EFL at the moment.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 15:55 - Oct 7 with 2432 viewstraininvain

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 15:51 - Oct 7 by Match82

I don't know what the answer is. It doesn't seem to be Ainsworth, but I don't know anyone can keep us up with this team. There's just a complete lack of quality. I don't know if there's a stat anyway showing how many crosses into the box are off target but it would be painful reading. Other than one surprisingly quality ball into the box from dozell at the end of the first half was there a single one?

Lack of quality but Ainsworth has to take responsibility for the complete lack of any obvious game plan, attacking patterns of play and defensive shape.
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 15:55 - Oct 7 with 2419 viewsRangersDave

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 15:51 - Oct 7 by Match82

I don't know what the answer is. It doesn't seem to be Ainsworth, but I don't know anyone can keep us up with this team. There's just a complete lack of quality. I don't know if there's a stat anyway showing how many crosses into the box are off target but it would be painful reading. Other than one surprisingly quality ball into the box from dozell at the end of the first half was there a single one?

i did suggest on here after the end of last season , that the deadwood, and i include chair in that, should be culled during closed season.

I felt that we werent a team, but a group of individuals, mostly all with a 'couldnt give a shy te attitude'

Unfortunately it seems like Gareth cannot get this dross (1 or 2 players withstanding) to play and work together.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 15:58 - Oct 7 with 2295 viewsTHEBUSH

I shall wait until the end of the game to comment.

Although heres a clue, GA dont know what hes doing.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2023 15:59]
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 15:58 - Oct 7 with 2265 viewsstainrods_elbow

We actually had one or two OKish attempts at attacking moves and keeping the ball going forwards, but the quality just isn't there, our execution at times is shocking (Chair is having a mare), especially from dead balls, and we are insanely vulnerable and easily turned on the counter. For a team that's lost four on the spin, Blackburn have been incisive, skilful and threatening - they could easily have been four up!

Lose the 2nd half another 0-2, and I just can't see where this management team is going from here except out the building. It's brainless, rudderless, and beyond painful.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2023 16:00]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 15:58 - Oct 7 with 2289 viewsPaddyhoops

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 15:49 - Oct 7 by traininvain

I’m at the game and not heard any chants for Ainsworth to go but I wouldn’t blame anyone for saying it out loud. This is awful,

None here in the loft end. Just apathy. Waiting for the third so I can f**k off home . Abysmal.
Armstrong is causing problems as for the rest.
Login to get fewer ads

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 15:58 - Oct 7 with 2284 viewswortonr

If the players are on board with Ainsworth we are in for a great 45 minutes! If not, it’s curtains I fear.
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 15:58 - Oct 7 with 2273 viewsbongo_king

I might be alone, but I think the performance, at least attacking wise, has been better than the scoreline suggests (albeit against an incredibly understaffed blackburn side). It's the reverse of the Leeds game on Wednesday where the half time 1-0 score felt totally unreflective of how horrific we had been (3 or 4-0 at HT would have been more of a fair reflection).

But in the end, 24 games in and GA still seems incapable of putting together a system in which the team can both attack AND defend reasonably. If we attack with any sense of purpose, the defence falls apart. If we defend, we might keep the goals conceded down to 1 or 2 (!) but there is next to zero threat.
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 15:59 - Oct 7 with 2228 viewsted_hendrix

Christ knows what that bloke Cannon Is thinking watching this nonsense.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 16:01 - Oct 7 with 2170 viewsMatch82

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 15:55 - Oct 7 by RangersDave

i did suggest on here after the end of last season , that the deadwood, and i include chair in that, should be culled during closed season.

I felt that we werent a team, but a group of individuals, mostly all with a 'couldnt give a shy te attitude'

Unfortunately it seems like Gareth cannot get this dross (1 or 2 players withstanding) to play and work together.

The straw I'm clinging to, which may not be much help for this year, is that the toxic me me me attitude that seems to have come from Beale is something Ainsworth is working incredibly hard to eradicate. It's likely going to be too late to save him but league position aside he'll leave this club better set up for the future than when he joined. Maybe the next manager has a foundation to build on which isn't made of sand.
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 16:03 - Oct 7 with 2061 viewsnumptydumpty

Too easy to break down and zero ideas up front

It's not Ainsworth

Something been seriously going wrong ever since we let go of Warburton.

Pep Guardiola could be managing here and we still would struggle.

Painful to watch. Seemingly lack of fight.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 16:03 - Oct 7 with 2028 viewsaston_hoop

No changes at the break. Things were going so well, after all.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 16:05 - Oct 7 with 1992 viewsbosh67

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 16:01 - Oct 7 by Match82

The straw I'm clinging to, which may not be much help for this year, is that the toxic me me me attitude that seems to have come from Beale is something Ainsworth is working incredibly hard to eradicate. It's likely going to be too late to save him but league position aside he'll leave this club better set up for the future than when he joined. Maybe the next manager has a foundation to build on which isn't made of sand.

I agree that Ainsworth has worked hard to try and make it a less toxic place but there’s been a huge mentality problem at this club for years and you think if Ainsworth can’t solve it then who can? We also have no money to replace Ainsworth and I really doubt even Warnock could get much more out of them at the moment. We are generally seeing a manger trying to manage with his hands tied and no chance of bolstering the team with a goal scorer.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 16:05 - Oct 7 with 1991 viewscolinallcars

My neighbour supports Fulham and is always taking the Mickey.
My rejoinder is always “at least we've never played in the fourth tier”
I'm gonna have to move next year.
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 16:06 - Oct 7 with 1970 viewsderbyhoop

It's gaps all over the pitch. They can stroll through our midfield and then they are through on a slow, disconnected defence. You've also got Dykes & Armstrong isolated.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 16:09 - Oct 7 with 1894 viewsRangersDave

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 16:05 - Oct 7 by bosh67

I agree that Ainsworth has worked hard to try and make it a less toxic place but there’s been a huge mentality problem at this club for years and you think if Ainsworth can’t solve it then who can? We also have no money to replace Ainsworth and I really doubt even Warnock could get much more out of them at the moment. We are generally seeing a manger trying to manage with his hands tied and no chance of bolstering the team with a goal scorer.

i think the rot started at Vauxhall Motors to be fair.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 16:10 - Oct 7 with 1864 viewsDamo1962

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 15:59 - Oct 7 by ted_hendrix

Christ knows what that bloke Cannon Is thinking watching this nonsense.

Like the rest of them...he'll be getting well imbursed to help cope. The supporters on the other hand 🤔
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 16:10 - Oct 7 with 1861 viewsted_hendrix

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 16:05 - Oct 7 by bosh67

He's been here for Months Bosh, and things haven't improved they've got worse.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 16:11 - Oct 7 with 1803 viewsrbee

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 15:55 - Oct 7 by traininvain

Lack of quality but Ainsworth has to take responsibility for the complete lack of any obvious game plan, attacking patterns of play and defensive shape.

It wasn't so long ago that we were playing possession football under Warburton, Chair and Willock stars of the show.

Now we are playing the anti football that many feared would happen under Gareth and are getting done by teams playing football against us. Teams with a modicum of organisation moving up and down the pitch, moving the ball quickly, midfielders supporting the attack. Everything that we are not doing.

It's not all Gareth's fault but we are only heading in one direction under his tenure.
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 16:17 - Oct 7 with 1552 viewsaston_hoop

0-3. If our defence and midfield are going to keep being spectators, they should be charged a bloody entry fee

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 16:17 - Oct 7 with 1535 viewsSK_hoops

3-0. Gareth out.
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 16:17 - Oct 7 with 1535 viewsMick_S

0-3

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 16:17 - Oct 7 with 1512 viewsjoolsyp

3-0. Far too easy. I can't see Ainsworth surviving this now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024