Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to get rid of the whole Cardiff Bay shebang 22:41 - Sep 19 with 5414 viewsBarrySwan

Nows the time before the political class create another 36 posts down the Bay of Plenty

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/643987
Time to get rid of the whole Cardiff Bay shebang on 09:50 - Sep 24 with 858 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Another two anti Senedd petitions

Initiate an early Senedd election 12,087

Oppose Senedd reform Bill from becoming law 1105

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Time to get rid of the whole Cardiff Bay shebang on 10:06 - Sep 24 with 847 viewsWhiterockin

Time to get rid of the whole Cardiff Bay shebang on 09:50 - Sep 24 by felixstowe_jack

Another two anti Senedd petitions

Initiate an early Senedd election 12,087

Oppose Senedd reform Bill from becoming law 1105

Which of these are Senedd or Westminster. One needs 10,000 signatures the other 100,000 or are they both Senedd.
Time to get rid of the whole Cardiff Bay shebang on 10:09 - Sep 24 with 838 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Time to get rid of the whole Cardiff Bay shebang on 10:06 - Sep 24 by Whiterockin

Which of these are Senedd or Westminster. One needs 10,000 signatures the other 100,000 or are they both Senedd.

They are all Senedd petitions you can look them all up by Googling Senedd Petitions.

Time to get rid of the whole Cardiff Bay shebang on 10:19 - Sep 24 with 813 viewsGwyn737

Time to get rid of the whole Cardiff Bay shebang on 18:41 - Sep 22 by shingle

So who do we vote for, keep this utterly useless Labour party at the helm and the decline in Wales continues and we can all see just how bad for the country the Tories are so what do we do.

Seems simple if you’ve been reading this forum of the last couple of days.

Vote for whoever you want then start/sign a petition against the bit of the manifesto you don’t like.

Not sure it’s a long term strategy, mind.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2023 10:25]
Time to get rid of the whole Cardiff Bay shebang on 10:22 - Sep 24 with 812 viewsWhiterockin

Time to get rid of the whole Cardiff Bay shebang on 10:09 - Sep 24 by felixstowe_jack

They are all Senedd petitions you can look them all up by Googling Senedd Petitions.

Thanks.
Apart from the obvious 20mph Senedd petition this is the big one for me. The Westminster petition requesting a fresh devolution vote and possible removal of the Senedd. It needs 100,000 signatures and is nearly 25% of the way there already. I would love Westminster to discuss this while the Conservatives are still in power, I'm not convinced that Starmer is best pleased with Drakeford at the moment either.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/643987
Time to get rid of the whole Cardiff Bay shebang on 10:23 - Sep 24 with 805 viewsGwyn737

Time to get rid of the whole Cardiff Bay shebang on 07:43 - Sep 23 by felixstowe_jack

Only they did not the £30 billion was a figment of the SNP who mentioned it in Parliament without any evidence. Labour then repeat the myth/lie and idiots think it is fact without checking it.

It’s not a £30b black hole. You’re right.

But it has had a significant long lasting effect on exacerbating our current and ongoing economic difficulties.

Taking certain figures from today, ignoring the last year and claiming everything is back to normal is also a myth/lie.

See also austerity 2010 - 2020.
Time to get rid of the whole Cardiff Bay shebang on 10:29 - Sep 24 with 771 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Time to get rid of the whole Cardiff Bay shebang on 10:23 - Sep 24 by Gwyn737

But it has had a significant long lasting effect on exacerbating our current and ongoing economic difficulties.

Taking certain figures from today, ignoring the last year and claiming everything is back to normal is also a myth/lie.

Austerity was another myth it only lasted during the Conservatives Liberal coalition from 2010.to 2015. After that Government spending increased every year by more than inflation which hardly fits the myth we have had Austerity since 2010 until 2020.

Not sure what this has to do with Cardiff Bay shebang though.

Time to get rid of the whole Cardiff Bay shebang on 10:34 - Sep 24 with 766 viewsWhiterockin

Time to get rid of the whole Cardiff Bay shebang on 10:23 - Sep 24 by Gwyn737

When discussing the Senedd and the decisions being made, the only defence some come up with is look at what the Conservatives have done in Westminster. There doesn't seem to be many actually putting forward any points defending the Senedd decisions, is that because the decisions are undefendable. There seems to be a large groundswell in Wales that they would rather be ruled by Westminster. IMO this will only escalate when there is a Labour government in Westminster.
Login to get fewer ads

Time to get rid of the whole Cardiff Bay shebang on 10:37 - Sep 24 with 754 viewsDr_Winston

Time to get rid of the whole Cardiff Bay shebang on 09:23 - Sep 24 by Whiterockin

I would certainly expect to get from Bristol to Swansea quicker down the M4 resulting in more investment. But probably not in my lifetime.

The cat is out of the bag on that with Waters recent comments. I don't doubt for a second that if they're allowed to get away with this 20mph nonsense they'll try cutting the speed limit for the entire length of the M4 in Wales to 50mph.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-66802849

All this furore will count for nothing if the same people are re-elected the next time though. They need to be driven out of power, and anyone who enables them.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Time to get rid of the whole Cardiff Bay shebang on 10:38 - Sep 24 with 753 viewsGwyn737

Time to get rid of the whole Cardiff Bay shebang on 10:29 - Sep 24 by felixstowe_jack

Austerity was another myth it only lasted during the Conservatives Liberal coalition from 2010.to 2015. After that Government spending increased every year by more than inflation which hardly fits the myth we have had Austerity since 2010 until 2020.

Not sure what this has to do with Cardiff Bay shebang though.

Plenty.

It’s another example where government policy has long term effects and cherry picking dates when a recovery has happened ignores damage in the interviewing years.

See also ‘police numbers are higher than ever’.

I this mentioned before and you failed to respond - I set school, trust, and higher needs block funding between 2015 and 2020. I know to the penny what came in and what for. What the Age Waited Pupil Grant was, what the bands were for Education Health and Care Plans, what facility headcount’s were, what the reduction in capital budgets were, how the Headroom grant was removed etc.

I lived it.
Time to get rid of the whole Cardiff Bay shebang on 10:42 - Sep 24 with 749 viewsGwyn737

Time to get rid of the whole Cardiff Bay shebang on 10:34 - Sep 24 by Whiterockin

When discussing the Senedd and the decisions being made, the only defence some come up with is look at what the Conservatives have done in Westminster. There doesn't seem to be many actually putting forward any points defending the Senedd decisions, is that because the decisions are undefendable. There seems to be a large groundswell in Wales that they would rather be ruled by Westminster. IMO this will only escalate when there is a Labour government in Westminster.

It’s more a duel frustration for me.

There’s no doubt that the Senedd have an appalling record when it comes to spending but taking into account a lot of the amounts we are looking are peanuts compared to what Westminster have spaffed against the wall.

I want both things. I want more money for wales and I want it spent well. At the moment there’s not the money in the pot for that which I understand makes it incredibly frustrating when it’s spent poorly.
Time to get rid of the whole Cardiff Bay shebang on 10:55 - Sep 24 with 745 viewsonehunglow

Time to get rid of the whole Cardiff Bay shebang on 10:37 - Sep 24 by Dr_Winston

The cat is out of the bag on that with Waters recent comments. I don't doubt for a second that if they're allowed to get away with this 20mph nonsense they'll try cutting the speed limit for the entire length of the M4 in Wales to 50mph.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-66802849

All this furore will count for nothing if the same people are re-elected the next time though. They need to be driven out of power, and anyone who enables them.

The 20 mph plan is part of the WG vision of a carbon free,less internal combustion ,more foliaged inclusive Wales of the future though wtf it will look like for our kids I don’t really know .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Time to get rid of the whole Cardiff Bay shebang on 12:31 - Sep 24 with 722 viewsWhiterockin

Time to get rid of the whole Cardiff Bay shebang on 10:42 - Sep 24 by Gwyn737

It’s more a duel frustration for me.

There’s no doubt that the Senedd have an appalling record when it comes to spending but taking into account a lot of the amounts we are looking are peanuts compared to what Westminster have spaffed against the wall.

I want both things. I want more money for wales and I want it spent well. At the moment there’s not the money in the pot for that which I understand makes it incredibly frustrating when it’s spent poorly.

I am really searching for anyone who can actually defend the Senedd without stating Westminsters failings.
Time to get rid of the whole Cardiff Bay shebang on 12:44 - Sep 24 with 709 viewsGwyn737

Time to get rid of the whole Cardiff Bay shebang on 12:31 - Sep 24 by Whiterockin

I am really searching for anyone who can actually defend the Senedd without stating Westminsters failings.

Oh I’m. It defending them for a second.

They’ve spent the money they’ve had very poorly.
Time to get rid of the whole Cardiff Bay shebang on 13:31 - Sep 24 with 680 viewsWhiterockin

Time to get rid of the whole Cardiff Bay shebang on 12:31 - Sep 24 by Whiterockin

I wasn't necessarily aiming the post at you Gwyn. Its just that posters arguing against the criticism of Senedd are putting up no defence at all.
Time to get rid of the whole Cardiff Bay shebang on 13:33 - Sep 24 with 675 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Time to get rid of the whole Cardiff Bay shebang on 19:07 - Sep 23 by SullutaCreturned

Drakeford admitted spending NHS money on education, its not really protecting it.

I agree about the football. It was the worst 3 nil I have ever seen.

I am of the belief that health shouldn’t be a devolved power. Especially since there’s probably hundreds of thousands if not millions of the uk population who regularly cross the border for hospital appointments. If you live in north wales you might go to Liverpool or Chester for example or south east Scotland and Newcastle etc.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Time to get rid of the whole Cardiff Bay shebang on 20:31 - Sep 24 with 594 viewsSullutaCreturned

Time to get rid of the whole Cardiff Bay shebang on 13:33 - Sep 24 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

I am of the belief that health shouldn’t be a devolved power. Especially since there’s probably hundreds of thousands if not millions of the uk population who regularly cross the border for hospital appointments. If you live in north wales you might go to Liverpool or Chester for example or south east Scotland and Newcastle etc.

That's been my belief for a long time, right now it's isnt an NHS it's a regional health service.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024