Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What would you do with Willock? 14:46 - Aug 13 with 6406 viewsHoopsie

What would you do with Willock?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

What would you do with Willock? on 22:37 - Aug 13 with 1272 viewsnumptydumpty

What would you do with Willock? on 15:17 - Aug 13 by BrianMcCarthy

As posted on the now-deleted thread, I don't think I can vote on this.

We're going on very little information about what's actually happening re his form, fitness, happiness, attitude, his treatment by staff, his treatment of staff, his personal situation etc etc.

Totally with you on that Brian.

We know nothing and curiosity apparently kills the cat.

Hope he can get back to his best as his best is Outstanding.

If he regains form and fitness with us, he once more becomes a very saleable asset.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

What would you do with Willock? on 09:28 - Aug 14 with 1086 viewsQPROslo

What would you do with Willock? on 22:37 - Aug 13 by numptydumpty

Totally with you on that Brian.

We know nothing and curiosity apparently kills the cat.

Hope he can get back to his best as his best is Outstanding.

If he regains form and fitness with us, he once more becomes a very saleable asset.

With Brian too. From the clips I saw of him in pre-season, of him training recently and from the interview on the Official last weekend it seemed very much like he wanted to play, but I don't know for sure. We need to sell him for as much as we can get anyway due to FFP. While he is still with us we should use him, starting in the Norwich game when we'll need to rest some of the 11 that started Saturday. That 11 did a good job but our Bench looked weak and the first 2 subs made weakened us. If we'd been able to have brought Willock on instead of Bonner for that last 30 minutes or so it would probably have been less painfull.
What would you do with Willock? on 18:01 - Aug 14 with 962 viewsBenny_the_Ball

This one's fairly straightforward. He's in the final year of his contract, will not sign an extension, and QPR have books to balance. Sell him (for a reasonable fee, not 'whatever we can get' as the OP put it).
What would you do with Willock? on 18:26 - Aug 14 with 940 viewsBenny_the_Ball

What would you do with Willock? on 09:28 - Aug 14 by QPROslo

With Brian too. From the clips I saw of him in pre-season, of him training recently and from the interview on the Official last weekend it seemed very much like he wanted to play, but I don't know for sure. We need to sell him for as much as we can get anyway due to FFP. While he is still with us we should use him, starting in the Norwich game when we'll need to rest some of the 11 that started Saturday. That 11 did a good job but our Bench looked weak and the first 2 subs made weakened us. If we'd been able to have brought Willock on instead of Bonner for that last 30 minutes or so it would probably have been less painfull.

The trouble with playing him now is you risk the player getting injured and losing any chance of a sale. With his recent fitness issues, it makes sense to temporarily wrap him up in cotton wool and sell him before the window closes. If there are no takers, then by all means re-integrate Willock into the squad from September with a view to selling in January (unless by some miracle he has a change of heart and signs an extension).
[Post edited 14 Aug 2023 18:28]
What would you do with Willock? on 19:06 - Aug 14 with 895 viewsQPROslo

What would you do with Willock? on 18:26 - Aug 14 by Benny_the_Ball

The trouble with playing him now is you risk the player getting injured and losing any chance of a sale. With his recent fitness issues, it makes sense to temporarily wrap him up in cotton wool and sell him before the window closes. If there are no takers, then by all means re-integrate Willock into the squad from September with a view to selling in January (unless by some miracle he has a change of heart and signs an extension).
[Post edited 14 Aug 2023 18:28]

Yes, normally. But if I have understood our FFP situation right we need to sell 1 or 2 players for decent money. That says its got to be Chair, Field, or Dykes I reckon, I doubt Willock alone would raise enough. But we need to play them if they are fit while we have them, can't put them all or any of them in cotton wool. I doubt anyone is going to pay more than peanuts for Willock when he's not played this season and very little all year. If he's fit enough play him against Norwich- if he does well it helps us and may raise interest in him.
What would you do with Willock? on 23:16 - Aug 14 with 825 viewsnumptydumpty

What would you do with Willock? on 19:06 - Aug 14 by QPROslo

Yes, normally. But if I have understood our FFP situation right we need to sell 1 or 2 players for decent money. That says its got to be Chair, Field, or Dykes I reckon, I doubt Willock alone would raise enough. But we need to play them if they are fit while we have them, can't put them all or any of them in cotton wool. I doubt anyone is going to pay more than peanuts for Willock when he's not played this season and very little all year. If he's fit enough play him against Norwich- if he does well it helps us and may raise interest in him.

What happens if Willock gets picked for the Norwich game and gets three wonder goals, but he doesn't track back. But he plays in the formation, Ainsworth stumbled upon last game.

Would everyone then like they are saying right now, get rid.

It's an entirely possible scenario.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2023 23:19]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

What would you do with Willock? on 05:18 - Aug 15 with 782 viewsBenny_the_Ball

What would you do with Willock? on 23:16 - Aug 14 by numptydumpty

What happens if Willock gets picked for the Norwich game and gets three wonder goals, but he doesn't track back. But he plays in the formation, Ainsworth stumbled upon last game.

Yes, because he's in the final year of his contract and has steadfastly refused to sign a new one. That's the scenario.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2023 5:43]
What would you do with Willock? on 05:41 - Aug 15 with 776 viewsBenny_the_Ball

What would you do with Willock? on 19:06 - Aug 14 by QPROslo

As you say, 'yes, normally'. It would be nice for the QPR board to handle this matter normally for a change.
Login to get fewer ads

What would you do with Willock? on 05:52 - Aug 15 with 771 viewsQPROslo

What would you do with Willock? on 23:16 - Aug 14 by numptydumpty

It might help us get an offer for him. If it's good enough I'm pretty sure we'd sell him - even if he does well he's still an injury prone player in the last year of his contract.

WLS report this morning that despite speculation we've not received approaches for any of our 1st team squad, though there remains "an expectation" that there will be solid interest in Chair before the window closes. Possibly if we sold Chair for good money and didnt get a good enough offer for Willock, he may be kept until January as Chair's replacement.
What would you do with Willock? on 08:12 - Aug 15 with 729 viewsDejR_vu

What would you do with Willock? on 16:25 - Aug 13 by Northernr

This. Ainsworth is massive on 'tracking back'. It's why he dropped Laird after Cov at home last year.

Quite funny, now that he plays for someone else, that a full back would need to be reminded of his obligation to track back

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024