Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GA Post Match - Norwich 00:09 - Apr 20 with 6528 viewsHooping_Mad

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

GA Post Match - Norwich on 14:43 - Apr 20 with 1531 viewsRangersw12

GA Post Match - Norwich on 14:37 - Apr 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

I just go by the philosophy that if they have a good record before they come here and still fail, then usually the issue isn’t them, it’s us, so changing managers is a expensive waste of time.

GA falls into this category. Let’s not forget his Wycombe team beat us a couple of seasons ago.

We've lost to Wycombe twice in our history and that was over 20 years ago
GA Post Match - Norwich on 14:46 - Apr 20 with 1525 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

GA Post Match - Norwich on 14:43 - Apr 20 by Northernr

Yeh it's been a frequent theme of our conversations in the Crown for weeks now - we'll probably only get to know when somebody goes on Under the Cosh in five years time.

I just hope the board understands they have tasked him with keeping the Titanic afloat by bailing it out with a colander.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 14:47]
GA Post Match - Norwich on 14:49 - Apr 20 with 1507 viewsted_hendrix

GA Post Match - Norwich on 14:46 - Apr 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

I just hope the board understands they have tasked him with keeping the Titanic afloat by bailing it out with a colander.

Give over FFS

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

GA Post Match - Norwich on 14:57 - Apr 20 with 1477 viewsNov77

we were 8 points clear when he took over and about to play all the worst teams in the division, and he said himself he wasn't remotely worried about relegation.

He's the Iceberg!

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

GA Post Match - Norwich on 14:59 - Apr 20 with 1472 viewsjoe90

To summarise:

> GA has to keep the Titanic afloat with the players he's inherited and a colander.

> We strongly suspect that there's been a bust up/players have downed tools.

> We need to sack the board/Hoos/Les.

> We need to keep the board because nobody with any sense would buy us.

> We strongly suspect some of the players are faking injuries.

> Our players are genuinely injured so must sack the medical team.

> Dykes is really good.

> Dykes is useless.

> Critchley had to go but was a better appointment then GA.

> GA has to go, but should stay for the summer so he can bring in players who will run through a metaphorical brick wall.

> 3 at the back?

> Someone will beat the truth out of the players with a cosh in 5 years time.

I might have another glass of kool aid.
GA Post Match - Norwich on 15:02 - Apr 20 with 1449 viewsPhilmyRs

You really think no other manager could have kept us up from the position we were in when they arrived? You really think because Gareth Ainsworth did well at Wycombe, a much smaller club with less fans with lower expectations and a dramatically different profile of player and style of play, that means the reason he didn't succeed here is because of the club? Do you not think some Managers are suited to certain situations/clubs? or do you think if you do well lower down the Football leagues you must be good enough for QPR?

The guy has passion, energy, seems genuine, but he's not suited to managing us and regardless of the dick heads he may have playing for him, he should have been good enough to get us to safety.
GA Post Match - Norwich on 15:27 - Apr 20 with 1379 viewskensalriser

Ainsworth is doing a terrible job, the results and the football tell us that.

Beyond that, I can't really see past some kind of dispute or rift within the squad as the most likely explanation for the rapid descent. These players, this squad, were good enough to go top after 16 games. It's not possible to do that with shit players.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

GA Post Match - Norwich on 15:39 - Apr 20 with 1344 viewsdaveB

I just go by the philosophy that if they have a good record before they come here and still fail, then usually the issue isn’t them, it’s us, so changing managers is a expensive waste of time.

GA falls into this category. Let’s not forget his Wycombe team beat us a couple of seasons ago.

There are other issues at QPR than the manager, no doubt and it's not an easy club to manage but to look at this squad and play 2 big forwards, lump it long 4-4-2 is madness and he can't be given the summer to build a team suited to play that way, that will make it even worse

Real shame, lovely bloke etc but whatever happens the next 3 games he has to go this summer
Login to get fewer ads

GA Post Match - Norwich on 15:49 - Apr 20 with 1292 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

GA Post Match - Norwich on 15:02 - Apr 20 by PhilmyRs

You really think no other manager could have kept us up from the position we were in when they arrived? You really think because Gareth Ainsworth did well at Wycombe, a much smaller club with less fans with lower expectations and a dramatically different profile of player and style of play, that means the reason he didn't succeed here is because of the club? Do you not think some Managers are suited to certain situations/clubs? or do you think if you do well lower down the Football leagues you must be good enough for QPR?

The guy has passion, energy, seems genuine, but he's not suited to managing us and regardless of the dick heads he may have playing for him, he should have been good enough to get us to safety.

‘You really think no other manager could have kept us up from the position we were in when they arrived?’

Obtainable manager? No.

‘You really think because Gareth Ainsworth did well at Wycombe, a much smaller club with less fans with lower expectations and a dramatically different profile of player and style of play, that means the reason he didn't succeed here is because of the club?’

Absolutely, yes.

‘Do you not think some managers are suited to certain situations / clubs?’

Yes, Ainsworth, is suited to clubs with shit budgets scrapping for their lives (us).

‘Do you think if you do well lower down the football league you must be good enough for QPR?’

See Warnock, Holloway, and Gerry Francis. Also, Wycombe are only 12 places behind us in the football league, and get an average crowd only 6k less than us. Let’s not pretend the gap is so huge.
GA Post Match - Norwich on 15:52 - Apr 20 with 1282 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

GA Post Match - Norwich on 15:39 - Apr 20 by daveB

There are other issues at QPR than the manager, no doubt and it's not an easy club to manage but to look at this squad and play 2 big forwards, lump it long 4-4-2 is madness and he can't be given the summer to build a team suited to play that way, that will make it even worse

Real shame, lovely bloke etc but whatever happens the next 3 games he has to go this summer

If he goes in the summer we’ll be having this conversation again six months later like we did six months earlier.

Literally the ONLY thing this club has not tried is sticking for sticking’s sake.

I also don’t care how passionate he is, or that he played for the club. At what point after sacking a dozen managers in ten years does sacking the manager become the fault of the club?

Ainsworth is clearly doing a bad job of keeping us up, but he’s doing a bad job at a club that EVERYBODY does a bad job at.

Blaming the manager is easy. Sitting down and really assessing our genuine place and situation in this world emotion free is hard, and that is why this club, from top to bottom, is a bin fire.

Because doing that is difficult and the outcome unpopular.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 16:04]
GA Post Match - Norwich on 16:07 - Apr 20 with 1238 viewsAntti_Heinola

GA Post Match - Norwich on 15:52 - Apr 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

If he goes in the summer we’ll be having this conversation again six months later like we did six months earlier.

Literally the ONLY thing this club has not tried is sticking for sticking’s sake.

I also don’t care how passionate he is, or that he played for the club. At what point after sacking a dozen managers in ten years does sacking the manager become the fault of the club?

Ainsworth is clearly doing a bad job of keeping us up, but he’s doing a bad job at a club that EVERYBODY does a bad job at.

Blaming the manager is easy. Sitting down and really assessing our genuine place and situation in this world emotion free is hard, and that is why this club, from top to bottom, is a bin fire.

That's not really an argument though. A percentage of our fanbase want every manager gone inside about 4 months. This season that's ramped up to 4 weeks, admittedly. But coming from a huge Ainsworth fan, the appointment has been a disaster - so far. Might improve of course, it's still early days.

Worrying times though. When Laird arrived he was such a breath of fresh air; Willock has always seemed a very lovely lad with a great attitude and work ethic; Jojo has always tried, even if his body looks broken. If he has fallen out with them it doesn't bode well.

Bare bones.

GA Post Match - Norwich on 16:08 - Apr 20 with 1233 viewsTK1

Let's not forget that his Wycombe team did *not* actually beat us, unless you think a 1-1 draw is a moral victory. They last beat us in 2002, handsomely too but with a little help from Rob Styles.

I want to believe that he's doing a good job, that he hasn't got five points from a possible 30, isn't playing Dave Bassett/John Beck football and we're all having a great time while his masterplan unfurls before us. But let's stick to facts which are actually correct.

He took over a team eight points clear from the bottom three. He's lost three must-not-lose games against teams below us, he's enjoyed the advantage of two other relegation rivals having variously six and three points taken off them...and we now have a one point cushion and are one place from the bottom three with two away games to come and a final home game when our two rivals for the third relegation spot can draw themselves to safety.

He's been a disaster. I had an open mind when he joined and hoped he'd do well, kept that perspective for a few weeks. But it is dog food and I don't want to eat that next season.
GA Post Match - Norwich on 16:19 - Apr 20 with 1166 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

GA Post Match - Norwich on 16:08 - Apr 20 by TK1

Let's not forget that his Wycombe team did *not* actually beat us, unless you think a 1-1 draw is a moral victory. They last beat us in 2002, handsomely too but with a little help from Rob Styles.

I want to believe that he's doing a good job, that he hasn't got five points from a possible 30, isn't playing Dave Bassett/John Beck football and we're all having a great time while his masterplan unfurls before us. But let's stick to facts which are actually correct.

He took over a team eight points clear from the bottom three. He's lost three must-not-lose games against teams below us, he's enjoyed the advantage of two other relegation rivals having variously six and three points taken off them...and we now have a one point cushion and are one place from the bottom three with two away games to come and a final home game when our two rivals for the third relegation spot can draw themselves to safety.

He's been a disaster. I had an open mind when he joined and hoped he'd do well, kept that perspective for a few weeks. But it is dog food and I don't want to eat that next season.

Apologies, yes I got mixed up with the 1-1 draw. One of many draws my mind has converted into a loss over time because it felt like one.
GA Post Match - Norwich on 16:27 - Apr 20 with 1153 viewsdaveB

GA Post Match - Norwich on 15:52 - Apr 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

Well if we get his replacement wrong again then your probably right this will happen again
The fact that other people are doing a poor job shouldn't be an excuse for him.

Also to be fair they did stick with Warbs for 3 years through some tough times but he'd shown he can do it and could be trusted
Redknapp also had 3 years, Holloway 2, this is the first season they've gone full Watford as they've made bad appointments
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 16:28]
GA Post Match - Norwich on 16:39 - Apr 20 with 1079 viewsAntti_Heinola

GA Post Match - Norwich on 16:27 - Apr 20 by daveB

Well if we get his replacement wrong again then your probably right this will happen again
The fact that other people are doing a poor job shouldn't be an excuse for him.

Also to be fair they did stick with Warbs for 3 years through some tough times but he'd shown he can do it and could be trusted
Redknapp also had 3 years, Holloway 2, this is the first season they've gone full Watford as they've made bad appointments
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 16:28]

I know this is ridiculous now, but I still don't think Beale or Critchley were bad appointments. Beale was a brave, progressive, exciting appointment. Within 2 months, at least two other clubs wanted him, possibly more.

Critchley was also a decent pick, knows the division, good coach, had success in his first job.

Not absolving them of blame, but only hindsight says they're bad appointments.

Bare bones.

GA Post Match - Norwich on 16:45 - Apr 20 with 1057 viewsPhilmyRs

GA Post Match - Norwich on 15:49 - Apr 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

‘You really think no other manager could have kept us up from the position we were in when they arrived?’

Obtainable manager? No.

‘You really think because Gareth Ainsworth did well at Wycombe, a much smaller club with less fans with lower expectations and a dramatically different profile of player and style of play, that means the reason he didn't succeed here is because of the club?’

Absolutely, yes.

‘Do you not think some managers are suited to certain situations / clubs?’

Yes, Ainsworth, is suited to clubs with shit budgets scrapping for their lives (us).

‘Do you think if you do well lower down the football league you must be good enough for QPR?’

See Warnock, Holloway, and Gerry Francis. Also, Wycombe are only 12 places behind us in the football league, and get an average crowd only 6k less than us. Let’s not pretend the gap is so huge.

Fair enough, we disagree. On all the questions asked, and I appreciate you answered them, but I'd give the opposite answer to you. I think Critchley would have kept us up for one.

I'd also say you're seriously underestimating the gap between us and Wycombe - it is huge and naive just to just look at league positions. We're a demanding fan base as you'll know, that back in our league 1 days were selling out loftus road regularly, we always take huge numbers away from home, we're an ex premier league club with billionaire owners. Wycombe are not these things. Ainsworth was 'Mr Wycombe' with full control of the club. They were a limited team, with limited aspirations and a fan base that is no way near as demanding as our own. This is a totally different kettle of fish and Ainsworth is out his depth. Comparing our clubs and arguing because he succeeded with them he'll do well for us if given the backing is wrong.
GA Post Match - Norwich on 16:52 - Apr 20 with 1021 viewsPindarus

Only total idiots would blame Beale , the man who had us top of the table, for our current situation. The same people presumably who "love Ainsworth to death"
GA Post Match - Norwich on 16:57 - Apr 20 with 1002 viewsdaveB

GA Post Match - Norwich on 16:39 - Apr 20 by Antti_Heinola

I know this is ridiculous now, but I still don't think Beale or Critchley were bad appointments. Beale was a brave, progressive, exciting appointment. Within 2 months, at least two other clubs wanted him, possibly more.

Critchley was also a decent pick, knows the division, good coach, had success in his first job.

Not absolving them of blame, but only hindsight says they're bad appointments.

didn't mean Beale, thought he was a good appointment but Critchley didn't really work neither has Ainsworth

is of course with hindsight but neither of them have done well
GA Post Match - Norwich on 16:58 - Apr 20 with 995 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

GA Post Match - Norwich on 16:45 - Apr 20 by PhilmyRs

Fair enough, we disagree. On all the questions asked, and I appreciate you answered them, but I'd give the opposite answer to you. I think Critchley would have kept us up for one.

I'd also say you're seriously underestimating the gap between us and Wycombe - it is huge and naive just to just look at league positions. We're a demanding fan base as you'll know, that back in our league 1 days were selling out loftus road regularly, we always take huge numbers away from home, we're an ex premier league club with billionaire owners. Wycombe are not these things. Ainsworth was 'Mr Wycombe' with full control of the club. They were a limited team, with limited aspirations and a fan base that is no way near as demanding as our own. This is a totally different kettle of fish and Ainsworth is out his depth. Comparing our clubs and arguing because he succeeded with them he'll do well for us if given the backing is wrong.

I definitely agree we are a demanding fanbase.
GA Post Match - Norwich on 16:59 - Apr 20 with 992 viewsngbqpr

GA Post Match - Norwich on 16:52 - Apr 20 by Pindarus

Only total idiots would blame Beale , the man who had us top of the table, for our current situation. The same people presumably who "love Ainsworth to death"

I certainly blame Beale big time for starting the rot in several ways.

I love Ainsworth the bloke but think he's done a crap job so far.

Best wishes

A total idiot.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 17:00]

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

GA Post Match - Norwich on 17:05 - Apr 20 with 973 viewssparkey

GA Post Match - Norwich on 16:52 - Apr 20 by Pindarus

Nearly correct...

Except the tiny facts that he signed arseh*le players who have downed tools, he set us on our decline (1 pt in his last 5 games), and he left us at a crucial moment after stating his loyalty and integrity.

Apart from those tiny minuscule details, you're bang on!

If you can't tell, I think you're the idiot :)
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 17:06]
GA Post Match - Norwich on 17:11 - Apr 20 with 953 viewsNorthantsHoop

Think we just need to forget about these 'boys' they are a bunch of pampered prima donnas so fragile and let's face it not up to the task. Ainsworth is stuck with this lot until the end of the season and I expect he is walking on egg shells continually with them. We need to get real until we can find players that are both physically and mentally capable to hold firm in games and compete we are going nowhere. If we are harking back to a QPR way of playing I'm afraid that boat sailed many years ago. Got to toughen up as a club get in no nonsense footballers and start to hold our own, fill a club with loanees, failed premier academy players and crocks is not working is it.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 17:11]
GA Post Match - Norwich on 17:36 - Apr 20 with 903 viewsPindarus

Beale had ideas, tactical nous and got players in to fulfil these. He turned down Wolves who would have paid him far more money but the Rangers job was probably just too big to say no.

Ainsworth is clueless, has one tactic. The Haka was pathetic and ridiculous and probably turned most of the team off.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024