Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why get rid of Les? 06:09 - Feb 20 with 9073 viewsalexferguson60

I understand why Warburton was fired.
Our season had fallen so badly that we were lucky that the game ran out.

The appointment of Mick Beale was an excellent one. People move to bigger jobs all the time. I don’t like what he did, but football is a business. He managed to knife QPR AND Giovanni Van Brockhorst in the back in one fell swoop. It took some doing.

And the appointment of Critchley may have looked good on paper, but it didn’t work out.

Honestly, I don’t understand who the fanbase wants to get in.

Why would you get rid of Les Ferdinand? The man’s a club legend and helped to steer us to some sort of financial stability. I don’t understand what he could have done more.
Why get rid of Les? on 14:34 - Feb 20 with 1858 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Why get rid of Les? on 09:21 - Feb 20 by Esox_Lucius

It's important that LF & LH stay as it obvious that there are some people whose QPR existence revolves around polemic assassination of somebody, anybody involved in the club and those two are the current incumbents in the role of scapegoat. I'm absolutely certain that if they left the bile would soon find another home.
All this scapegoating and hounding smacks of a victim mentality and entitlement. Coupled with a myopic obsession with getting former players/ managers back at the club and overlooking the irony in that.
If you've personally fallen out of love with QPR then move on and leave those of us who haven't to go to games, meet mates and enjoy the rollercoaster ride. Ad hominem attacks on the staff, players etc. are belittling to those making them. IMO

So your defence of LF & LH is that they should remain in their roles simply because any criticism of their performance is scapegoating? Jesus wept man, talk about a hollow argument. Constructive criticism is not scapegoating. It's a healthy part of continual improvement and happens in all walks of professional life.

LF & LH hold well paid, senior management roles at a high level football club. With that comes responsibility and accountability so they should expect their performances to be continuously and rigorously vetted.

Ultimately, the points raised are valid and supported by a body of evidence stretching back years. They are being raised precisely because the folk who raised them love the club and value stability, progression and achievement over a "rollercoaster ride". If it's the latter that you're after then perhaps you need to look at yourself rather than telling others to "move on".
[Post edited 20 Feb 2023 14:37]
Why get rid of Les? on 14:52 - Feb 20 with 1816 viewsThGrimRanger

have Les and Hoos annual salaries been made public ?

TheGrimRanger

Why get rid of Les? on 15:49 - Feb 20 with 1744 viewsEsox_Lucius

Why get rid of Les? on 14:34 - Feb 20 by Benny_the_Ball

So your defence of LF & LH is that they should remain in their roles simply because any criticism of their performance is scapegoating? Jesus wept man, talk about a hollow argument. Constructive criticism is not scapegoating. It's a healthy part of continual improvement and happens in all walks of professional life.

LF & LH hold well paid, senior management roles at a high level football club. With that comes responsibility and accountability so they should expect their performances to be continuously and rigorously vetted.

Ultimately, the points raised are valid and supported by a body of evidence stretching back years. They are being raised precisely because the folk who raised them love the club and value stability, progression and achievement over a "rollercoaster ride". If it's the latter that you're after then perhaps you need to look at yourself rather than telling others to "move on".
[Post edited 20 Feb 2023 14:37]

Fully agree! constructive criticism isn't scapegoating at all, it is that, constructive. Criticism for it's own sake is also just that, criticism. No-one on here knows what their job is, just their own opinion on what that job is and then gleefully pointing out all and every shortcoming, at least I tried to provide a solution to my main gripe with the club but the majority of solutions offered so far is sack someone without any thought for what would make the next person better? and what parameters would be used to judge better?
It's also naïve to think that the staff at all levels, even board level don't have their performances scrutinised and vetted. The issue I have with the opprobrium is that not a soul on here knows what KPI's are being used and whether they are the right ones or not.
Our bad runs in cups started before LF was even a player, let alone board member yet it is being used against him, the fact that his overhaul of the Academy sides is being used against him. Step back a little and ask yourself if you think that that issue wasn't identified as a problem and spurred the purchase of a single training facility in order to improve things in that department. For the next 10 years or so we will be still be relying on nurturing other teams outcasts but what is the alternative?
Let's have some input on how, specifically, the problems which are all Hoos' & Ferdinands fault can be rectified rather than the rhetoric of "I don't want these fücking wasters at my club".

The grass is always greener.

Why get rid of Les? on 16:08 - Feb 20 with 1695 viewsPunteR

Why get rid of Les? on 15:49 - Feb 20 by Esox_Lucius

Fully agree! constructive criticism isn't scapegoating at all, it is that, constructive. Criticism for it's own sake is also just that, criticism. No-one on here knows what their job is, just their own opinion on what that job is and then gleefully pointing out all and every shortcoming, at least I tried to provide a solution to my main gripe with the club but the majority of solutions offered so far is sack someone without any thought for what would make the next person better? and what parameters would be used to judge better?
It's also naïve to think that the staff at all levels, even board level don't have their performances scrutinised and vetted. The issue I have with the opprobrium is that not a soul on here knows what KPI's are being used and whether they are the right ones or not.
Our bad runs in cups started before LF was even a player, let alone board member yet it is being used against him, the fact that his overhaul of the Academy sides is being used against him. Step back a little and ask yourself if you think that that issue wasn't identified as a problem and spurred the purchase of a single training facility in order to improve things in that department. For the next 10 years or so we will be still be relying on nurturing other teams outcasts but what is the alternative?
Let's have some input on how, specifically, the problems which are all Hoos' & Ferdinands fault can be rectified rather than the rhetoric of "I don't want these fücking wasters at my club".

Your main gripe is irrelevant to the current situation. You just switched it from LF to Hoos and a completely different debate.

Your basically saying I have to watch all the shenanigans going on at the club, all the obvious mistakes and because i dont actually know how to resolve it i should just shut up and put up with it. ?
[Post edited 20 Feb 2023 16:19]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Why get rid of Les? on 16:20 - Feb 20 with 1665 viewsterryb

If, as a club, we do not follow through with the policy of the DoF, the question should be whether we need one.

No, I don't know what is included in his job description or whether anyone could do a better job. I just don't think the club has a high enough turnover to employ a CEO & a DoF, no matter who they are.
Why get rid of Les? on 16:21 - Feb 20 with 1662 viewsearthdweller

Why get rid of Les? on 11:11 - Feb 20 by TheChef

Clearly we were using the wrong algorithms.

More like alcopops.

Found QPR algorithm machines

[Post edited 20 Feb 2023 16:42]
Why get rid of Les? on 16:24 - Feb 20 with 1651 viewsVancouverHoop

I agree Les has floundered badly since become DoF. He should go.

But (isn't there always one?) I have zero confidence in on our board to hire a better replacement. Collectively they have less football knowledge than Jude the Cat.
Why get rid of Les? on 16:26 - Feb 20 with 1646 viewsstantheman10

I'd be amazed if the club sacked Les Ferdinand. The hysteria from the BBC and Sky would be unbelievable and highly damaging to the way society would see the club
Login to get fewer ads

Why get rid of Les? on 16:34 - Feb 20 with 1642 viewsChrisNW6

Why get rid of Les? on 15:49 - Feb 20 by Esox_Lucius

Not so much on this group, but I do find some of the vitreoul aimed at Les Ferdinand online a bit worrying. Often based on pure opinion with hardly any factual content.

Jobs for his mates - I am not aware Les has hired or employed anyone on this basis. The standard reference to Tim Sherwood is getting boring and Chris Ramsey was at the club well before Les.

Spurs fan nicking a living - Not sure his wages have been made public, but I do believe he has the best interests of QPR at the forefront of all of his decision making.

Has been a total failure in the 8yrs - Clive and others have previously fully analysed Les and LH time at the club and there have been many positives to go alongside obvious mistakes. Hindsight over 8yrs is great but I do see the club in general getting more right than wrong, especially with regards to managing FFP.

Les and the Rooney Rule - This really divided opinion and I think this is where he lost many of the fan base. We already had a really diverse coaching set up and I have never really seen Les and the club employing or interviewing based on the rule. Some of the semi hidden digs and references aimed at Les and the clubs diverse history on social media do worry me. Recently there were posts on Twitter accusing the club of hiring players based on colour. Backlash was pretty quick but some uneducated comments were still posted.

I know the answer is to avoid QPR on FB and Twitter, but it's bloody hard with some of the stuff people actually post and seem to believe.
Why get rid of Les? (n/t) (n/t) on 17:02 - Feb 20 with 1578 viewsKeithW

Why get rid of Les? (n/t) (n/t) on 13:59 - Feb 20 by PlanetHonneywood

Chery and The Coyote, too.

Clearly, the effing algorithm QPR have been using should have been changed years ago.

Artificial Ineptitude. It's all the rage Jon
Why get rid of Les? on 17:15 - Feb 20 with 1532 viewsEsox_Lucius

Why get rid of Les? on 16:08 - Feb 20 by PunteR

Your main gripe is irrelevant to the current situation. You just switched it from LF to Hoos and a completely different debate.

Your basically saying I have to watch all the shenanigans going on at the club, all the obvious mistakes and because i dont actually know how to resolve it i should just shut up and put up with it. ?
[Post edited 20 Feb 2023 16:19]

Or you could call it what it is; venting.

The grass is always greener.

Why get rid of Les? on 19:47 - Feb 20 with 1406 viewsQPunkR

Why get rid of Les? on 16:34 - Feb 20 by ChrisNW6

Not so much on this group, but I do find some of the vitreoul aimed at Les Ferdinand online a bit worrying. Often based on pure opinion with hardly any factual content.

Jobs for his mates - I am not aware Les has hired or employed anyone on this basis. The standard reference to Tim Sherwood is getting boring and Chris Ramsey was at the club well before Les.

Spurs fan nicking a living - Not sure his wages have been made public, but I do believe he has the best interests of QPR at the forefront of all of his decision making.

Has been a total failure in the 8yrs - Clive and others have previously fully analysed Les and LH time at the club and there have been many positives to go alongside obvious mistakes. Hindsight over 8yrs is great but I do see the club in general getting more right than wrong, especially with regards to managing FFP.

Les and the Rooney Rule - This really divided opinion and I think this is where he lost many of the fan base. We already had a really diverse coaching set up and I have never really seen Les and the club employing or interviewing based on the rule. Some of the semi hidden digs and references aimed at Les and the clubs diverse history on social media do worry me. Recently there were posts on Twitter accusing the club of hiring players based on colour. Backlash was pretty quick but some uneducated comments were still posted.

I know the answer is to avoid QPR on FB and Twitter, but it's bloody hard with some of the stuff people actually post and seem to believe.

Wonderful, measured post mate

QPR - "shit but local"

Why get rid of Les? on 10:53 - Feb 21 with 1207 viewsstanistheman

Why get rid of Les? on 10:35 - Feb 20 by 89_50

I don't disagree that Les is on very thin ice now, but in the hypothetical situation that he walks at the end of the season, I wonder if there's anyone experienced that would be daft enough to take on this bin-fire of a club.

Any appointment wouldn't likely see any immediate success. While we have some promising youngsters now getting B Team minutes, they're at least two years away from being able to truly be tested in senior football.

And any change in transfer policy (given we've only really adopted this stats-driven approach since 2020), will take time to reap rewards.

To me (and I appreciate this may be naive or stupid), Les needs to grow a spine and say 'no' to what manager wants, manager gets, avoid loaning players totally, and stick with a single, coherent plan. At least we can then judge if that is truly working, rather than this mishmash of approaches collectively failing.

There are plenty of overseas based DoFs with experience as it is a usual model for clubs abroad. The issue is can these owners find one of them to do the job.

At the end of this season they should have a reboot of the running of QPR.

Oh , and get the Academy upgraded so that in future QPR don’t have their best prospects poached for some tracksuits and footballs!
Why get rid of Les? on 11:11 - Feb 21 with 1148 viewsstanistheman

Why get rid of Les? on 16:34 - Feb 20 by ChrisNW6

You’re wrong about Chris Ramsey.

He joined QPR in November 2014. Ferdinand was appointed as Head of Football Operations in October 2014 after fans started calling for Redknapp to be sacked and Fernandes wanted to take the heat of and appease the fans by bringing a ‘club legend’ back.

And in answer to those who think JFH was not down to Ferdinand
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3314982/amp/QPR-locked-power-

As HoFO he has a big say in Warnock being turfed out after steadying the rocky boat created by Ramsey and Ferdinand.

Yes, Ferdinand has done some good things at QPR, but had done a lot of bad stuff too.

Surely his time is almost up or at least should be.
Why get rid of Les? on 11:54 - Feb 21 with 1110 viewsChrisNW6

Why get rid of Les? on 11:11 - Feb 21 by stanistheman

You’re wrong about Chris Ramsey.

He joined QPR in November 2014. Ferdinand was appointed as Head of Football Operations in October 2014 after fans started calling for Redknapp to be sacked and Fernandes wanted to take the heat of and appease the fans by bringing a ‘club legend’ back.

And in answer to those who think JFH was not down to Ferdinand
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3314982/amp/QPR-locked-power-

As HoFO he has a big say in Warnock being turfed out after steadying the rocky boat created by Ramsey and Ferdinand.

Yes, Ferdinand has done some good things at QPR, but had done a lot of bad stuff too.

Surely his time is almost up or at least should be.

Not sure why JFH wouldn't be down to Les?

I thought Les joined the club on Feb 4th 2015?
Why get rid of Les? on 12:02 - Feb 21 with 1057 viewstoboboly

Why get rid of Les? on 11:54 - Feb 21 by ChrisNW6

Looks as though that date is DoF, was involved prior to that in the academy set up;

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/archive/les-ferdinand-welcomes-chris-ramsey-academy-r

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/archive/les-ferdinand-is-qpr-s-new-director-of-footba

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Why get rid of Les? on 12:38 - Feb 21 with 959 viewsChrisNW6

Why get rid of Les? on 12:02 - Feb 21 by toboboly

Looks as though that date is DoF, was involved prior to that in the academy set up;

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/archive/les-ferdinand-welcomes-chris-ramsey-academy-r

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/archive/les-ferdinand-is-qpr-s-new-director-of-footba

Cheers for clarification - I do think the whole player development team does need to be looked at.
Why get rid of Les? on 14:01 - Feb 21 with 863 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Why get rid of Les? on 12:02 - Feb 21 by toboboly

Jeez, some of the quotes in those articles haven't aged well.
Why get rid of Les? on 16:38 - Feb 21 with 743 viewsthemodfather

for me what sticks in my mind when we got the DOF was the hand picked players, we went and got many form the posh, who all flopped and there are few successes ,
some loans were good deals , short time but most have been dire, who scouted em, proposed em and signed em??? if not the DOF then who?
Why get rid of Les? on 16:51 - Feb 21 with 724 viewsstanistheman

Why get rid of Les? on 11:54 - Feb 21 by ChrisNW6

Someone on this thread wrote Ferdinand had nothing to do with appointing JFH Holloway and McLaren (the last 2 yes).

Also someone stated Ramsey as caretaker to the end of the Premiership season wasn’t down to him either , but that was also false.

I have been accused of not letting facts get in the way of my criticism of him, yet others do the same in his defence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024