Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Damning with faint praise 17:01 - Feb 4 with 7076 viewsE17hoop

Better than last week.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Damning with faint praise on 00:01 - Feb 5 with 2114 viewsDamo1962

Damning with faint praise on 23:42 - Feb 4 by Burnleyhoop

Didn’t take Dyche long to sort the lazy rabble at Everton out did it?

No messing about, no room for poncing around, no snoods and hats and handbags at training. Just, get your arse in gear and work hard for 90. 3 points in the bag at the first attempt….against the league leaders.

Still waiting for Critchley to inject some passion and determination into our lot. The wait goes on.

I'm not sure you can inject enthusiasm and determination into a lot of our players - they just don't have it in them. That's the biggest problem facing anyone with these players. I want to see what Critchley can do with some of his own additions, before writing him off. The players have got us into this malaise, so they can bloody well get us out of it. I never thought I'd say this, but we need Dykes back quickly to hopefully team up with Lowe. We need goals badly as the defence has gone all brittle again. We have enough games to stay up comfortably, so it is in our own hands.
Damning with faint praise on 00:55 - Feb 5 with 2060 viewsVancouverHoop

I want to see what Critchley can do with some of his own additions, before writing him off.

As noted by Northern on here, and elsewhere this week, managers bringing in their "own additions" has got us in the mess were in. I really hope he doesn't bring in his Old Boys. I'd rather see him coach the players we've into a functioning team, especially the younger ones. If he can't do that, then we need to find someone that can.
Damning with faint praise on 01:02 - Feb 5 with 2054 viewsconnell10

Damning with faint praise on 17:12 - Feb 4 by Damo1962

Agree. Results at LR will determine the outcome of this season for us. Many bemoaning that we aren't beating Huddersfield, but maybe that is because we are no better than them in reality.

We are F ucked then because they are dog shite.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Damning with faint praise on 01:05 - Feb 5 with 2051 viewsconnell10

Damning with faint praise on 17:23 - Feb 4 by Damo1962

I know it's early days for NC and he must be given time to sort out this mess,but to me...he just doesn't feel a good fit for us. Thought it at the time he took over, and it still niggles away at me. Hopefully he will prove me and any other doubters wrong. It is a tough gig managing our club.

I agree he dosent inspire me one bit, but then again Benny the Bealshitter completely fooled me , so what do I know.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Damning with faint praise on 02:00 - Feb 5 with 1999 viewsbob566

Damning with faint praise on 20:21 - Feb 4 by bosh67

Neil's record so far in the league

10 games
1 win
6 draws
3 losses

He has a striker only just released from hospital who I think has been ill for weeks. One loan striker who at least looks like he can score a few and a rookie striker who hasn't really come close to scoring yet. Plus other better players out of form. It's not difficult to see why he's been struggling to get a win.

Some are accusing him of being out of his depth. At least 2 of those draws could have been wins. He's working with what he has to work with and very little by way of real injection of players where needed.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 20:22]

Great Post. Keep the faith. I don't blame any of this on critchley. Let's see can he see the season out and sign some strikers next year. In fairness his hands were tied this window
Damning with faint praise on 03:09 - Feb 5 with 1976 viewsQPsyR

Damning with faint praise on 20:21 - Feb 4 by bosh67

Neil's record so far in the league

10 games
1 win
6 draws
3 losses

He has a striker only just released from hospital who I think has been ill for weeks. One loan striker who at least looks like he can score a few and a rookie striker who hasn't really come close to scoring yet. Plus other better players out of form. It's not difficult to see why he's been struggling to get a win.

Some are accusing him of being out of his depth. At least 2 of those draws could have been wins. He's working with what he has to work with and very little by way of real injection of players where needed.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 20:22]

Amazing post, I've not heard of anything like that since 1987 when QPR were good and there was future and hope

Edit soz wasn't meant to sound sarcastic (in case it did) I liked the positivity in Bosh's post and it cheered me up on a s*** night
[Post edited 7 Feb 2023 15:48]

FKA AcidPixie

Damning with faint praise on 05:38 - Feb 5 with 1932 viewsMatch82

No messing about, no room for poncing around, no snoods and hats and handbags at training. Just, get your arse in gear and work hard for 90. 3 points in the bag at the first attempt….against the league leaders.

Still waiting for Critchley to inject some passion and determination into our lot. The wait goes on.

Fairly big difference there though: Dyche came into a club full of very talented players who had been underachieving because they have been mismanaged.

Critchley came into a situation where the league position and play were above where they should be based on squad quality. Much harder to step into.
Damning with faint praise on 05:59 - Feb 5 with 1917 viewsnix

Damning with faint praise on 05:38 - Feb 5 by Match82

Fairly big difference there though: Dyche came into a club full of very talented players who had been underachieving because they have been mismanaged.

Critchley came into a situation where the league position and play were above where they should be based on squad quality. Much harder to step into.

I agree. A better comparison to Everton would be West Brom. Bruce could scarcely have done a worse job, so anyone coming in with a bit about them was going to look like a genius.

The other thing is we haven't got enough gnarly old pros who've seen it all but are still keen enough to want to win. Huddersfield yesterday were using every trick in the book: constantly in the refs ear, professional fouls, dives all over the place. And it worked. They got more of the 50/50 decisions than us and that puts us under more pressure. The crowd also calls for a foul for every minor contact. We don't. I've actually been told off for calling for a foul by our own fans (he got the ball etc). Baffling when every other teams' fans are totally biased. Not sure if it's our demographic.
Login to get fewer ads

Damning with faint praise on 10:52 - Feb 5 with 1663 viewsstanistheman

Damning with faint praise on 17:23 - Feb 4 by Damo1962

I know it's early days for NC and he must be given time to sort out this mess,but to me...he just doesn't feel a good fit for us. Thought it at the time he took over, and it still niggles away at me. Hopefully he will prove me and any other doubters wrong. It is a tough gig managing our club.

Agree with that totally.

As Shania Twain sang, that don’t impress me much.

He just hasn’t changed things much since he took charge even though results and most performances haven’t been good.

He didn’t get much done in the January window and whether that was his decline or the DoF we don’t know, but he certainly didn’t appear to make any noises either way about only Lowe coming in.

We are just clinging on hoping to scrape enough points to stay in the top 18 and avoid a relegation battle.
Damning with faint praise on 13:01 - Feb 5 with 1585 viewsBurnleyhoop

Damning with faint praise on 05:38 - Feb 5 by Match82

Funny that, we have a very capable squad, you know, the ones that were top of the league in October and wiped the floor with Sheffield, Watford and others.
We still have the same squad, but they have the look of resignation and zero belief in themselves.

Dyche got a tune out of a similarly looking beleaguered outfit in 1 week. He set them up to get in the faces of Arsenal and they put their bodies on the line for 90 minutes.

Why can’t Critchley came close to getting our lot back on track? Where’s the motivation, where’s the inspiration and where is the desire. Has he already decided he can’t be arsed trying with our powder puffs and is waiting to clear the decks in the summer?

I need to see more from what we have got before we throw the baby out with the dishwater ( or whatever that saying is ). Have to say, my patience is wearing thin with the lack of any tangible progress being made.
Damning with faint praise on 13:39 - Feb 5 with 1516 viewsRsinWales

'Better than last week' is the epitome of setting a low bar! It would have been difficult to do any worse. Look at Clive's player ratings from last week to see that the freshly cut grass at Huddersfield's stadium was higher than that bar.

The honest take on this is that we only scored because of horrendous defending. A poor kick out from the defender, Chair's ball misses our man, another defender mis-heads it into no man's land and Lowe scores. Well done from Lowe to finish, but we can hardly claim we created it!

The bitter truth is that would have lost one-nil without a gifted goal. Just watched the extended highlights, and Dieng's great pass to Armstrong seemed to be the only good chance that we created ourselves. Not great, considering who we were playing and their run of form.

I am currently oscillating between anger and complete disengagement.
Damning with faint praise on 16:58 - Feb 5 with 1375 viewsPinnerPaul

Damning with faint praise on 22:34 - Feb 4 by Northernr

Better than last week only because you're playing against another circus.

Just for some perspective - Form table - last 6 matches - Huddersfield = 10th , us = 20th - just saying!
Damning with faint praise on 17:05 - Feb 5 with 1370 viewsOldPedro

Didn't we win Critchley's 1st game away at Preston? Just because Everton have won a game doesn't mean Dyche has sorted them out

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Damning with faint praise on 17:42 - Feb 5 with 1317 viewsMatch82

Damning with faint praise on 13:01 - Feb 5 by Burnleyhoop

Funny that, we have a very capable squad, you know, the ones that were top of the league in October and wiped the floor with Sheffield, Watford and others.
We still have the same squad, but they have the look of resignation and zero belief in themselves.

Dyche got a tune out of a similarly looking beleaguered outfit in 1 week. He set them up to get in the faces of Arsenal and they put their bodies on the line for 90 minutes.

Why can’t Critchley came close to getting our lot back on track? Where’s the motivation, where’s the inspiration and where is the desire. Has he already decided he can’t be arsed trying with our powder puffs and is waiting to clear the decks in the summer?

I need to see more from what we have got before we throw the baby out with the dishwater ( or whatever that saying is ). Have to say, my patience is wearing thin with the lack of any tangible progress being made.

If you don't think being top of the league with the players we have was overachieving then I don't know what to tell you.

Beale treated us terribly and showed his true character but he had the squad playing to the best of their abilities, so that's a high bar to follow. That's not something you could even remotely say for lampard.
Damning with faint praise on 18:31 - Feb 5 with 1268 viewsMancR

Damning with faint praise on 17:15 - Feb 4 by davman

Marginal though.

Jojo massive upgrade on Tim, but Dozzell passive, ineffective and Field too far up the pitch as he was needed to win flick ons.

If Town had been even at Hull's standard, they'd have scored as many as Hull did.

Take the point all day, but that was not good on any level.

100%. Any mediocre championship side would've beaten us easily. Good job Huddersfield were rank crap but still marginally better than us.
Damning with faint praise on 08:13 - Feb 6 with 1117 viewsBurnleyhoop

Damning with faint praise on 17:42 - Feb 5 by Match82

If you don't think being top of the league with the players we have was overachieving then I don't know what to tell you.

Beale treated us terribly and showed his true character but he had the squad playing to the best of their abilities, so that's a high bar to follow. That's not something you could even remotely say for lampard.

You don’t have to tell me anything. I have been around long enough and played and watched the game many years, so can tell the difference between a team that is “up for it” and one that is clearly not. There is enough capability within this team to be doing far better than winning only one of our last 15 games.

Simple fact is, we have a weak mentality and lack leadership on the pitch and I am beginning to suspect, off it. We need to someone to get hold of this bunch of sulking babies and whip them into shape once and for all or we will continue to drift.

The teams that get relegated are the ones that give up. The ones that survive are the ones that find some belief and desire to pull themselves out of it.

Our next 4 games will be a strong indicator of which category we sit in.
Damning with faint praise on 14:50 - Feb 6 with 964 viewsPinnerPaul

Damning with faint praise on 18:31 - Feb 5 by MancR

100%. Any mediocre championship side would've beaten us easily. Good job Huddersfield were rank crap but still marginally better than us.

Well as I said above, they are actually 10 places above us in the form (Last 6) table!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024