Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kakay 00:01 - Jan 3 with 6658 viewsOakR

I'm so pleased for him. What a great game he had tonight. He was also great pre-season and the first game he played. I really wasn't sure if he could make it but I really think he could cut it at this level now.

He's also been a total pro, throughout the Todd Kane nonsense and being dropped at the start of this season. Seems very likeable as well.

Lots of positives tonight - what a difference a few days makes!

Poll: Will we stay up?

Kakay on 14:57 - Jan 3 with 1841 viewshertshoops

Maybe he's not PL quality, but he's improved the last couple of seasons. I'd have no worries with him starting regularly if Laird is recalled
Kakay on 16:03 - Jan 3 with 1721 viewsdanehoop

Kakay on 14:00 - Jan 3 by golborne

Sadly, fatigue set in, but totally understandable given his lack of minutes over the past 4 months - he had a cracking game up until about 80 mins, but struggled there in with nobody on the bench able to fill in. Hats off to him for the hunger he shows when given a chance.

Exactly this. Hardly any game time recently, but steps up and does a great job for us. Also note that he is genuinely improving and developing his game. Think some of that will be playing alongside Laird in training and seeing how he plays.

What worries me, as others have picked up here, is that we have not much left to cover for Kakay off the bench. It is painfully apparent that even as a squad player Niko H is not sufficient cover, even if he gets regular game time for his national side. Just hoping that there is someone sufficiently talented out of the U21 side to come in should Laird leave us in this window. Otherwise we will need to wrap Kakay in bubble wrap after every game to keep him safe.

Never knowingly understood

Kakay on 16:27 - Jan 3 with 1682 viewsWestbourneR

Kakay on 00:55 - Jan 3 by Greenbay

Agree with above especially the OP.
If/when Laird returns - I've always thought that Ozzy could play on the right of midfield.
Mentioned this last year.
He's strong and powerful and has pace.
Based on this game and some sub appearances Ozzy has hugely improved despite losing his place to loan Laird at the start of the season.
He has been prone to the occasional error - there were a couple against SU - that's very tough for a defender but overall he was really good.
But in midfield I think he would be great along with being the cover at right/wing-back
He's QPR though and through - been at the club since he was 7 - now he's 25.
Whadya think NC?

If you think Osman Kakay could play right midfield in the championship then you don't know very much about football.

Lovely lad, great attitude, brilliant engine. Great squad player. But he is very very limited technically and his defensive positioning is poor. Last night was the peak of his ability. Long may it continue.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Kakay on 16:29 - Jan 3 with 1678 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Kakay on 09:57 - Jan 3 by traininvain

I thought Kakay played very well but his legs were gone by the end and perhaps should’ve been subbed. There was a moment late on when a Sheff Utd player ran past Kakay and it looked like he was running through treacle. That was the warning sign.

All of that said, I still think Dunne needs to clear his lines better with the header instead of keeping it in the mix for Sheff Utd to capitalise. But that’s probably being a bit harsh given how tired they must’ve been.

Good post here traininvain it was obvious that Kakay was really struggling and should have been subbed off but we had nobody to bring on
Albert did not help at all only made it worse IMO
I kept waiting for the whistle and the explosion of joy but he tool of a ref never did it
NC mentioned an obvious foul on one of our defenders leading up to their goal too
Dunne and Dickie need to start kicking balls out of the stadium in crunch time but they played their hearts out to be fair
Kakay on 16:41 - Jan 3 with 1645 viewsQPROslo

Kakay on 11:56 - Jan 3 by DWQPR

Very harsh to pick out Kakay for their goal. He made very few errors last night and whether he was at fault or not the fact is that Dunne, Dickie and Paal all made the odd error which nobody has cited. That’s defending for you. It happens. That’s why half the time teams score goals and the fact that the divisions second top scorers only managed one and in the 96th minute of 95 that should have been played tells you that as a unit the defence did a very good job. And their goal like ours took a deflection that took it away from being directly hit at Seny.

And as for confidence and ability on the ball, maybe telling Kakay, if Laird does go back that he has the right back slot for the rest of the season may be the thing that helps him to develop into the player we all want him to become. For me he is actually a better defender than Furlong but Furlong was better at getting forward. But last night Kakay’s forward play was everything that we all want to see and cutting in at one point and taking a shot with his left foot which was charged down was to me showing someone who was starting to believe more in his ability.

Kakay's left foot shot also took Dykes by surprise. It hit him if I'm not mistaken and was'nt charged down.
Kakay on 18:37 - Jan 3 with 1539 viewsHooping_Mad

Kakay on 16:27 - Jan 3 by WestbourneR

If you think Osman Kakay could play right midfield in the championship then you don't know very much about football.

Lovely lad, great attitude, brilliant engine. Great squad player. But he is very very limited technically and his defensive positioning is poor. Last night was the peak of his ability. Long may it continue.

Upvoted as getting fed up with Oslo overuse of the downvote button.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Kakay on 21:14 - Jan 3 with 1380 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Kakay on 00:20 - Jan 3 by Hunterhoop

I love Ossie. Great squad player. Gives everything. Versatile. Plays far better than he gets credit for.

But, he was the primary fault for the equaliser. Got sucked in narrow and under the cross completely unnecessarily. From there it came back in a couple of times and they score. If he holds his original position (which was good!) he clears it easily and we win.

I love him, but it was a basic error and you could see it unfolding from the Loft.

Only just forced myself to watch it, and yes, if he'd stayed in position, he'd have cleared it and it wouldn't have fallen for Sharp.

With hindsight, probably should have come off when he went down.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2023 21:17]
Kakay on 22:17 - Jan 3 with 1307 viewsDorse

Always liked Ossie. He is a master of the ancient art of The Flying Leg Scissors. Guaranteed to kill opposition wingers to death or your money back. I'd like to see him play on the right of a back 3: he has that look about him.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Kakay on 02:06 - Jan 4 with 1190 viewsLazyFan

I would like to see Kakay play RB, with Laird in front of him as RW. That could be an interesting option as they interchange positions during a match and also can cover for each other!

zzzzzzzzzz

Kakay on 10:19 - Jan 4 with 1071 viewsEsox_Lucius

Kakay on 16:03 - Jan 3 by danehoop

Exactly this. Hardly any game time recently, but steps up and does a great job for us. Also note that he is genuinely improving and developing his game. Think some of that will be playing alongside Laird in training and seeing how he plays.

What worries me, as others have picked up here, is that we have not much left to cover for Kakay off the bench. It is painfully apparent that even as a squad player Niko H is not sufficient cover, even if he gets regular game time for his national side. Just hoping that there is someone sufficiently talented out of the U21 side to come in should Laird leave us in this window. Otherwise we will need to wrap Kakay in bubble wrap after every game to keep him safe.

Aaron Drewe and Stephen Duke-McKenna?

The grass is always greener.

Kakay on 10:44 - Jan 4 with 1040 viewsdaveB

His no look back heel sliced clearance in the first few minutes was a highlight

he did play well but I'd be worried if he was our first choice for the 2nd half of the season, Laird is a far better player
Kakay on 11:47 - Jan 4 with 960 viewslondonscottish

Kakay on 16:41 - Jan 3 by QPROslo

Kakay's left foot shot also took Dykes by surprise. It hit him if I'm not mistaken and was'nt charged down.

Yes, looked like it was going in too, from where I was standing.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Kakay on 12:39 - Jan 4 with 910 viewsGreenbay

Kakay on 16:27 - Jan 3 by WestbourneR

Westbourne - you're a harsh man.
But good to get a different perspective in your opening paragraph although, from my perspective and experience in football, you're totally wrong.
Love your second and sort of third sentence. Don't agree with the first half of your fourth.
But definitely agree with your final four words.
If you think he is limited technically and his defensive positioning is poor it then adds to my point of experimenting with him on the right of midfield to get the best out of him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024