Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mc Lean 17:26 - Oct 22 with 9245 viewsRed_Ranger

Why the beef with him. What is the history?
Mc Lean on 22:16 - Oct 22 with 2112 viewsHammersmithR

Bloke is a hypocrite. He sacked off playing for Northern Ireland to play for the south which was his choice. Fair enough. He talks about the ‘Troubles’ as if he lived through it which he didn’t. But ultimately he’s happy to live in a country and earn a wage with the Queen’s / King’s head on who he despises. I’d have more respect for him if he actually stood up for what he believed in. But another hypocrite. Happy to live in a country he ultimately hates and everything it stands for.
Mc Lean on 22:28 - Oct 22 with 2043 viewsdistortR

probably shouldn't forget that there is also a bit of pantomime in football, we all like to boo the cartoon villain. so, if people are simply booing, I don't have a problem with that.
As for him, watched him v blackburn the other day. Wigan didn't get a freekick he wanted, so he scythed through the back of a blackburn player and then ran screaming at the ref about his failure to give the earlier decision. Not a likeable player, and I always worry that he's going to seriously hurt someone.
Mc Lean on 22:32 - Oct 22 with 2016 viewspaulparker

The OP knows full well why most fans don’t like McLean and just wants to start another political debate , the booing was hardly anything FFS

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Mc Lean on 22:36 - Oct 22 with 1985 viewsParkRoyalR

Mc Lean on 22:16 - Oct 22 by HammersmithR

Bloke is a hypocrite. He sacked off playing for Northern Ireland to play for the south which was his choice. Fair enough. He talks about the ‘Troubles’ as if he lived through it which he didn’t. But ultimately he’s happy to live in a country and earn a wage with the Queen’s / King’s head on who he despises. I’d have more respect for him if he actually stood up for what he believed in. But another hypocrite. Happy to live in a country he ultimately hates and everything it stands for.

I'd have more respect for him if he actually stood up for what he believed in...

I think the fact he has stood up for what he believes in is what prompted this thread.
Mc Lean on 22:47 - Oct 22 with 1977 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Mc Lean on 19:14 - Oct 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Agree with all of that.

I've never worn a poppy either, but McClean is a hard man to like or defend. And some of that is his own fault.

Agreed well put Brian. Do we really believe he's the only player with views that most of us don't agree with? Definitely not i'd say.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Mc Lean on 22:50 - Oct 22 with 1956 viewsloftboy

Thought he was their best player today.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Mc Lean on 23:25 - Oct 22 with 1891 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Mc Lean on 22:50 - Oct 22 by loftboy

Thought he was their best player today.

Getting back to the football, he's a player that frustrates me when he plays for Ireland. He's so game, so streetwise, but so, so, so goddamn limited. He will soon join the 100 cap brigade for Ireland and it seems to me that it will be by sheer will alone that he'll have reached that milestone ahead of far more talented players.

Today, I thought he might have bossed Laird, perhaps giving the younger man a lesson on his way to what we all hope is a fine career. We have to allow for the possibility that Beale instructed Laird to stay at home more and to quieten McClean's marauding. I don't think that's likely (or at least I hope it isn't) as the way to beat McClean is to attack him. Even if you won't beat him every time you'll drive home homewards and move your team up the pitch on his side continually as all he can do is clear for touch or boot long, and you'll get it back almost every time. He's a curious mixture of a fella who can't defend well who really loves to try defending. So, let him at it.

So, if Laird wasn't instructed to stay at home, then he was bossed on the day. Because McClean dominated that wing, and pushed Laird backwards. He even threw in a few sidesteps and shuffles.

Sidesteps and shuffles. And crosses with his weak foot.
That's a sobering thought.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2022 23:25]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mc Lean on 00:07 - Oct 23 with 1802 viewsWatford_Ranger

He’s from Northern Ireland. Where do you expect him to earn a living?
Login to get fewer ads

Mc Lean on 00:10 - Oct 23 with 1764 viewsDamo1962

This. That's the problem that comes with Freedom of Speech...gobshites are allowed it too 🇬🇧
Mc Lean on 00:11 - Oct 23 with 1760 viewsDamo1962

Mc Lean on 22:32 - Oct 22 by paulparker

The OP knows full well why most fans don’t like McLean and just wants to start another political debate , the booing was hardly anything FFS

Agree.
Mc Lean on 00:22 - Oct 23 with 1747 viewsDamo1962

Mc Lean on 00:07 - Oct 23 by Watford_Ranger

He doesn't recognize Northern Ireland as his home or even a country - it is the "Six Counties" to him and his fellow travellers. He is an Irish Republican who holds an Irish Passport. He of course conveniently forgets this when earning a lavish living in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Of course like most Republicans, he only really hates England and the Tory Party. He comes from a real hard core Fenian background... so it doesn't surprise me how he acts.
Mc Lean on 00:24 - Oct 23 with 1769 viewsWatford_Ranger

Mc Lean on 00:22 - Oct 23 by Damo1962

He doesn't recognize Northern Ireland as his home or even a country - it is the "Six Counties" to him and his fellow travellers. He is an Irish Republican who holds an Irish Passport. He of course conveniently forgets this when earning a lavish living in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Of course like most Republicans, he only really hates England and the Tory Party. He comes from a real hard core Fenian background... so it doesn't surprise me how he acts.

That doesn’t answer the question though, long-winded and mental as it is. Where do you think he should be making a living if not here?
Mc Lean on 07:43 - Oct 23 with 1628 viewsDWQPR

Mc Lean on 00:24 - Oct 23 by Watford_Ranger

That doesn’t answer the question though, long-winded and mental as it is. Where do you think he should be making a living if not here?

The Irish League? Obvious answer really. With his political views, and his various stunts along the way, which to be honest if he whinges about the online abuse that he and his kids were getting the last thing to do is to dress him and then up in balaclavas. But with his anti-British views then surely principles would come before money. Or with an agent I’m sure he could have eked out a living in a minor league abroad?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Mc Lean on 08:36 - Oct 23 with 1553 viewsParkRoyalR

I suppose you could argue he at least is paying tax which contributes to the £15billion paid over every year to prop up NI, more than the cost of being in the EU and Single Market which returns £60billion in benefit.

Still a great place for racists and bigots like Enoch Powell, Kate Hoey and that ugly loon from the EDL to retire too apparently.
Mc Lean on 08:36 - Oct 23 with 1562 viewsconnell10

Thought he played very well yesterday, caused us all sorts of problems.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Mc Lean on 08:37 - Oct 23 with 1558 viewsSydneyRs

Mc Lean on 17:41 - Oct 22 by NW5Hoop

He's thought a lot more about the meaning of the poppy than any of the people who boo him. I respect him for that.

This. Absolutely this.

You won't find too many of Irish descent celebrating it and for good reasons.
Mc Lean on 09:08 - Oct 23 with 1515 viewsbakerloo8

Blokes a knob who hates England. Hardly going to get the red carpet out for him are we?
Mc Lean on 12:12 - Oct 23 with 1344 viewsJimmyR

We’ll have no inconvenient facts like that thank-you!
Mc Lean on 13:06 - Oct 23 with 1233 viewspaulparker

Mc Lean on 08:37 - Oct 23 by SydneyRs

This. Absolutely this.

“Celebrating” what Armistice day ??
Yeah a great time for celebration that , dear god words fail me, oh and by the way my other half is Irish and where’s a poppy so there are people of Irish descent who do want to show respect for fallen
Honestly this thread is a nonsense

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Mc Lean on 14:21 - Oct 23 with 1071 viewskensalriser

So lovely to see sectarian hate speech on LfW. Did someone get the wrong Rangers message board?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Mc Lean on 14:28 - Oct 23 with 1040 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Mc Lean on 13:06 - Oct 23 by paulparker

“Celebrating” what Armistice day ??
Yeah a great time for celebration that , dear god words fail me, oh and by the way my other half is Irish and where’s a poppy so there are people of Irish descent who do want to show respect for fallen
Honestly this thread is a nonsense

100%. There are plenty, Paul - my Mom included, if I remember rightly.
And there are plenty of English who don't.

This thread never goes anywhere, folks, and we have it every year when McClean hits town.

Mc Lean on 14:35 - Oct 23 with 1013 viewsDWQPR

Mc Lean on 14:28 - Oct 23 by BrianMcCarthy

100%. There are plenty, Paul - my Mom included, if I remember rightly.
And there are plenty of English who don't.

This thread never goes anywhere, folks, and we have it every year when McClean hits town.

Correct me if I’m wrong but if think PP was pointing out that we don’t and shouldn’t ‘celebrate’ armistice day but isn’t mark it and acknowledge it and remember the young men and women who have laid down their lives for this country especially in the face of tyranny. And it should be remembered also that many of those in the First World War were Irish and in the Second World War there were many thousands of Irish volunteers and those who survived were never ‘forgiven’ by successive Irish governments and also not allowed to draw pensions until the last few years.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Mc Lean on 14:49 - Oct 23 with 989 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Mc Lean on 14:35 - Oct 23 by DWQPR

Correct me if I’m wrong but if think PP was pointing out that we don’t and shouldn’t ‘celebrate’ armistice day but isn’t mark it and acknowledge it and remember the young men and women who have laid down their lives for this country especially in the face of tyranny. And it should be remembered also that many of those in the First World War were Irish and in the Second World War there were many thousands of Irish volunteers and those who survived were never ‘forgiven’ by successive Irish governments and also not allowed to draw pensions until the last few years.

I got that point as well, DW.

Mc Lean on 20:44 - Oct 23 with 792 viewsDamo1962

Mc Lean on 00:24 - Oct 23 by Watford_Ranger

How about the ROI. And keep your snidey remarks about mental health to yourself. Do a bit of research about Northern Ireland as well.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2022 20:58]
Mc Lean on 20:51 - Oct 23 with 811 viewsDamo1962

Mc Lean on 08:37 - Oct 23 by SydneyRs

This. Absolutely this.

Yours being? And I don't want stories about yer Great,Great Granny either.I want your own personal experience with the British Army, and Britain/England in general. Revisionist, Republican history does not move the argument on any more. And yes, the Loyalist thugs, because that's what the Provisional IRA were, should be called out as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024