Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Weird things going on in the house.... 08:39 - Oct 1 with 6336 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Thought I would put this out, as it might kill some time on the journey to Brizzle today.
We have lived in our house for 15 years and there is some weird stuff going on. I am not religious, nor do I have a strong belief in the spiritual, but I am now at a loss as to how to explain the following incidents. Listed in order, any thoughts or possible explanations appreciated.

1. A couple of years after we moved in, we were in bed, suddenly a strong smell of cigarette smoke. Windows shut, we are non smokers, only ones in the house.

2. Footsteps going up and down the stairs, hallway and landing. Kids and wife have heard them, plus my wifes friend who stayed over. She was freaked out by it, but knew nothing about it beforehand.

3. Two months after my Dad died our bedroom lights came on in the middle of night.

4. The night my wife's aunt died 3 years ago our bedroom lights started flashing. We were asleep, and as soon as I opened my eyes they came on full blast.

5. Last month our ensuite bathroom light came on. Wife got up and switched it off, it then it came back on again. It was my wife's long dead Nans birthday.

The lights were not flickering, so I dont think its faulty wiring. The footsteps have been heard on and off for the past 3 years, since we had some building work done.

Any explanations welcome!
Weird things going on in the house.... on 18:52 - Oct 1 with 1771 viewstoboboly

Ghosts don't exist.

Next.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Weird things going on in the house.... on 19:33 - Oct 1 with 1712 viewsHarbour

Yell.com search local exorcist
Weird things going on in the house.... on 19:50 - Oct 1 with 1696 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Weird things going on in the house.... on 17:21 - Oct 1 by itsbiga

House I live in has really old wiring. We have a couple lights go on and off randomly pretty often.
I wonder if wifi and cellphones n such interfere with old lectrics as they aren’t shielded the same as modern stuff. Some of our wiring is pretty frayed and crumbly.
With the footsteps deal that might be from plumbing. A pipe moving and banging on a joist as it expands or contracts from the central heating.
I don’t believe it ghosts n ghouls at all. Total rubbish.

The lights are coming on in the loft conversion completed 3 years ago.
Weird things going on in the house.... on 20:44 - Oct 1 with 1652 viewsDorse

Weird things going on in the house.... on 19:50 - Oct 1 by Wilkinswatercarrier

The lights are coming on in the loft conversion completed 3 years ago.

You installed a higher dimension? Well, there you go then. All the other floors are now lower planes of existence, hence all the demons, succubii, draculas, the odd pan-dimensional horror and, of course Cthulhu, High Priest of the Great Old Ones. Build a basement and you'll be fine.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2022 21:09]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Weird things going on in the house.... on 22:05 - Oct 1 with 1603 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Nothing a camp scouser can’t work out

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1225942/Michael-Jackson-furious-he
Weird things going on in the house.... on 22:10 - Oct 1 with 1595 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Weird things going on in the house.... on 20:44 - Oct 1 by Dorse

You installed a higher dimension? Well, there you go then. All the other floors are now lower planes of existence, hence all the demons, succubii, draculas, the odd pan-dimensional horror and, of course Cthulhu, High Priest of the Great Old Ones. Build a basement and you'll be fine.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2022 21:09]

I remember reading the ‘Strange But True’ annual by Micheal Aspel about a Succubus when I was 13 and getting a stiffun about it.

Didn’t see what people were complaining about. Sounded great to me.
Weird things going on in the house.... on 22:17 - Oct 1 with 1573 viewsdistortR

Weird things going on in the house.... on 22:10 - Oct 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

I remember reading the ‘Strange But True’ annual by Micheal Aspel about a Succubus when I was 13 and getting a stiffun about it.

Didn’t see what people were complaining about. Sounded great to me.

Weird things going on in the house.... on 00:50 - Oct 2 with 1479 viewsDannyPaddox

Thing is you wait for one succubus and then three come along 🤷🏼‍♂️
Login to get fewer ads

Weird things going on in the house.... on 02:30 - Oct 2 with 1437 viewsLoftgirl

Weird things going on in the house.... on 18:52 - Oct 1 by toboboly

Ghosts don't exist.

Next.

I used to think that, until I saw my brother six months after he died.
Weird things going on in the house.... on 03:15 - Oct 2 with 1420 viewsjc_hoops

At our old house on the Wormholt Estate, that was haunted. I thought it was the normtbh tohear the footsteps, and other stuff, even when I got to about 18 I was still scared to be in the place on my own over night. Me, my mum and a sister all had similar experiences of being pulled across the bed in the early mornings, I had my bed lifted at one end and just slamed to the ground (scared the f##king daylights out of me) one morning in the school holidays, footstep stuff on the stairs etc. Me, my mum and one of my sisters did see the ghost, it was a very old lady, dressed in a grey turn of the century dress. We did discover that the house was used in the war as an ARP base, and always felt that this sprit was waking us up in the morning, as if we had a bloody shift to go on.! Plenty of other stuff, but it all seemed to die down when I got older, out of my teens, my two sisters were older than me, so the youngest one to hit puberty. Still, never liked staying there on my jacks though! My mum's bother sleeped on the lounge one night, and said he would never sleep in the place again lol.
Weird things going on in the house.... on 03:17 - Oct 2 with 1419 viewsnumptydumpty

Weird things going on in the house.... on 02:30 - Oct 2 by Loftgirl

I used to think that, until I saw my brother six months after he died.

Try not read too much into things.

Some of the days are just flimsy links and coincidences.

Every time i went home after student life, immediately I returned a smell of fish appeared in my room.

My mum back then like me was curious about supernatural and called vicar in, none of us were religious in anyway, anyhow he said he thought our plumbing or electrics could be faulty !!!

I at time believed in such things as naive teenager, and wrote letter to a man who wrote haunted stories and he said the smell could be dead and did someone die there.

The room I was in, used be the kitchen and indeed previous occupant was wheelchair bound lady who passed away in the house.

My sister saw a figure at bottom of her bed in Victorian garb, one night and my mum saw a figure run upstairs, a couple of times after entering empty house.

It all happened time, me and my two sisters were getting drunk and attempting to get out of puberty ridden years !!!

All so called events stopped pretty quickly and parents lived in house for further thirty years with no such weirdnesss.

Basically, you can read into it, what you like. Personally think haunted house load of old tom cobblers....

If you believe it, its true, if you don't likewise...

If it happens only after qpr away wins, please let these strange coincidences happen.

But seriously, life is full of coincidences.

Ever bumped into next door neighbour in Majorca, After never seeing them at home for six months...

My aunt passed on my sisters 21st, my nan died on Christmas Day, my other nan died on another of my sisters birthdays.

Coincidences all, but the weird stuff at home, like others say, out it down to overactive imaginations and it is as it is.

QPR could win away at Bristol and then win away at Sheffield.

Stranger things as they say !!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Weird things going on in the house.... on 09:53 - Oct 2 with 1278 viewsconnell10

Probably a football forum is not the best place to say you believe in ghosts. I keep a open mind on such things but err on the side of total bollocks.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Weird things going on in the house.... on 10:05 - Oct 2 with 1266 viewselnombre

Are you from Teddington? If you can hear ghostly goldtops a-rattling in their crate, I know what it is...

Weird things going on in the house.... on 11:20 - Oct 2 with 1203 viewsHayesender

A couple of weeks after my mum died last year, I was getting ready for work in the morning.

I turned the light on in the bedroom and walked over to where my clothes were. As I got there the light turned itself off. Went back and turned it on again. Back to my clothes and the light turned itself off again.

Again went back and turned the light on, but this time I said "stop fcking about mum, I'm trying to get ready for work".

Never happened again.

My nans house in Campden years ago before I was born, they used to have a dog, and this dog would sit at the bottom of the stairs staring and barking at the landing.

It turned out that years before, a previous owner of the house hanged himself from the landing 👻

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Weird things going on in the house.... on 11:46 - Oct 2 with 1184 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Weird things going on in the house.... on 10:05 - Oct 2 by elnombre

Are you from Teddington? If you can hear ghostly goldtops a-rattling in their crate, I know what it is...

Kingston, so near enough I suppose....... Ernie is that you upstairs again?!
Weird things going on in the house.... on 13:27 - Oct 2 with 1136 viewsPunteR

There used to be a pub at the bottom of Roehampton Lane opposite Roslynn park where it was suppose to have had 3 different landlords all of which hung themselves on separate occasions within the building. They closed it down after the third death. The Shining or just a bad location for business?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Weird things going on in the house.... on 15:37 - Oct 2 with 1046 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Many years ago I read a POW book where the guy walked 1000miles through the Jungle after escaping the Japanese.

He was in the middle of nowhere when he said he found some overgrown ruins so decided to have a kip, when he woke up he said the thing you notice about the Jungle is the constant noise, birds, insects etc and when he awoke it was to silence and he had the feeling he was being watched so he ran off and said 'I don't know what or where that place was but I never ever want to go back there.'

Great read I can see the old cover in my head it was a drawing 60's style of the author in the jungle but cannot remember the name of the book.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2022 15:38]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Weird things going on in the house.... on 20:05 - Oct 2 with 924 viewsTwoHalves

Weird things going on in the house.... on 12:13 - Oct 1 by essextaxiboy

Squirrels ... or rats

Smell ..Burnt Squirrel from eating wiring
Footsteps ..Squirrel on the move
Lights... hungry suicidal squirrel (see 1)
Building work ... Squirrel entry point

Haven’t seen the Loftus Road Squirrel for a while come to think of it.
Weird things going on in the house.... on 08:57 - Oct 3 with 809 viewsslmrstid

If you are fascinated about these sort of things...then Uncanny on BBC Sounds was a very good podcast series.

I don't really know whether ghosts exist or not but I enjoy the stories at least. I've only once had an experience I genuinely couldn't explain, but who knows.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/brand/m0010x7c
Weird things going on in the house.... on 09:31 - Oct 3 with 787 viewsTheChef

You live in a haunted house.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024