Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nottingham Forest 11:04 - Aug 4 with 91113 viewsconnell10

A question , will they be hit with FFP sanctions if they are relegated from the Prem? They must have breached them in the Championship.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Nottingham Forest on 07:28 - Oct 4 with 4646 viewseghamranger

I feel slightly sorry for Cooper though, I’m sure it’s not how he wanted to do it and now I see Benitez is being linked with them
Nottingham Forest on 08:22 - Oct 4 with 4462 viewsswitchingcode

Nottingham Forest on 23:54 - Oct 3 by bob566

That's the thing though. Forest going about it the wrong way as did we. You accept the players that got you there. Take the honeypot and get relegated but use the honeypot to invest in stadia and grassroots.

Forrest didn’t have the option of keeping the players that got them there as they had a glut of loan players that in itself should be a lesson learnt.
Nottingham Forest on 08:28 - Oct 4 with 4446 viewsBAWHoops

Absolutely delighted they are having their arses handed to them.
Their fans should be spitting feathers at how the owner has pissed their 3 years of parachute payments up the wall in one massive splurge on players who don't want to be there.
Instead every comment on Twitter is 'Cook & McKenna not good enough'.

What's insane is that half their signings are superb investments for the club. O'Brian, Toffolo, Williams and (if you ignore the price tag) Gibbs-White are all superb Champ players with huge potential to do it in the Prem plus re-sell value.

The idiocy comes with loading Willy Boly, Serge Aurier, Renan Lodi et al on top of that.

As for hiring Benitez to keep them up... fck me. Bloke was brilliant 10 years ago, but not sure he's what you need in the modern game

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Nottingham Forest on 08:54 - Oct 4 with 4374 viewsBlue_Castello

Nottingham Forest on 08:22 - Oct 4 by switchingcode

Forrest didn’t have the option of keeping the players that got them there as they had a glut of loan players that in itself should be a lesson learnt.

That's true to an extent, they had four key players on loan, Davies now at Watford, Spence now at best on Spurs bench, Garner maybe still at United if they havnt sold him and Zinkernagel I've just googled has well what do you know turned up at Olympiakos.
Those four players were key in getting them promoted but surely you don't need another 22 new players...
Nottingham Forest on 09:00 - Oct 4 with 4331 viewsTheChef

Nottingham Forest on 08:54 - Oct 4 by Blue_Castello

That's true to an extent, they had four key players on loan, Davies now at Watford, Spence now at best on Spurs bench, Garner maybe still at United if they havnt sold him and Zinkernagel I've just googled has well what do you know turned up at Olympiakos.
Those four players were key in getting them promoted but surely you don't need another 22 new players...

Can't help but feel it's one big money laundering scheme.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Nottingham Forest on 09:16 - Oct 4 with 4284 viewsswitchingcode

Most would agree about signing so many players is plain crazy and I expect when Cooper leaves this circus the truth behind this will come out.I heard that it was the owners son who has been behind most of these signings.Cooper is a good coach and don’t think any other coach/manager could get success under these conditions.Big reminder to all fans (especially Forrest)don’t get too ahead of yourselves as you never know what’s around the corner.
Nottingham Forest on 09:25 - Oct 4 with 4236 viewstoboboly

You could also easily buy all of them for one Gibbs-White and still have change.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Nottingham Forest on 09:29 - Oct 4 with 4214 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Is there something we as fans are missing? Is there some kind of income stream hidden somewhere?

Why would otherwise very talented moneymakers do this?

I always assumed it was as something to do with using their clubs as peddling agents for their companies, like QPR did for Air Asia in the Malaysian TV markets, but that’s not the case with Forest is it.

Bizarre.
Login to get fewer ads

Nottingham Forest on 09:32 - Oct 4 with 4207 viewsDWQPR

Nottingham Forest on 09:29 - Oct 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

Is there something we as fans are missing? Is there some kind of income stream hidden somewhere?

I always assumed it was as something to do with using their clubs as peddling agents for their companies, like QPR did for Air Asia in the Malaysian TV markets, but that’s not the case with Forest is it.

Bizarre.

Extremely rich people also tend to have extremely rich egos

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Nottingham Forest on 10:03 - Oct 4 with 4111 viewsBlue_Castello

Nottingham Forest on 09:16 - Oct 4 by switchingcode

Most would agree about signing so many players is plain crazy and I expect when Cooper leaves this circus the truth behind this will come out.I heard that it was the owners son who has been behind most of these signings.Cooper is a good coach and don’t think any other coach/manager could get success under these conditions.Big reminder to all fans (especially Forrest)don’t get too ahead of yourselves as you never know what’s around the corner.

Agreed Cooper was on Football Focus a couple of weeks ago, they were at the ground before the match, bigging up Forest, Cooper said we needed a lot of new players, because of the loans and players leaving.
However I wasn't convinced that he believed in all the 22 transfers or that he was behind or consulted in the dealings as my brother pointed out to me they signed Toffolo as a player who excelled in the Championship last year and he's now virtually third choice, WTF is that all about...
[Post edited 4 Oct 2022 10:08]
Nottingham Forest on 10:22 - Oct 4 with 4052 viewsessextaxiboy

Nottingham Forest on 09:29 - Oct 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

Bizarre.

Its ego , you can be successful and wealthy in business but to have a stadium chanting your name , kids asking for selfies and autographs , mixing with superstars ...heady stuff .
Nottingham Forest on 10:53 - Oct 4 with 3951 viewsngbqpr

Living deep in Forest country, general view of the vast majority of fans I know is that they needed 14-15 signings to replace loans / departing players and have half a chance of surviving, that the process began ok with Cooper seemingly at the heart of it...but then it went haywire, 22 is clearly madness, and more & more signings seemed to have the owner's stamp rather than Cooper's.

Cooper still has credit in the bank with most, who feel that if they can limp to the World Cup without being too far adrift, he effectively has a second pre-season to gel the disparate parts.

I think we saw the danger in that theory last night...17 days since their last game, their internationals away...3 down after half an hour.

I can't see how it can be a happy dressing room as I suspect most of those 22 signed expected to be regular starters, as did a core 4 or 5 of the promotion team.

Btw those urging them to dump Johnson, Worrall, Yates, Mckenna etc are the Forest equivalent of our "Sign Charlie! Announce Austin! Charlie's $hit! Dump Charlie!" crew.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Nottingham Forest on 15:04 - Oct 4 with 3721 viewsPhildo

not just Coops in the firing line apparently:

'Nottingham Forest consider sacking chief executive, head of recruitment and scouting'
Nottingham Forest on 15:04 - Oct 4 with 3716 viewsLordPork

Couldn't be happier for their fans.

They were glad to suck it up last season when it was obvious something was amiss as they won promotion. Now I suspect it'll be a downward spiral into oblivion.

We've all been there, and when it was us you'll recall you couldn't turn anywhere without it being mentioned, be it press, radio or TV we were pilloried right left and centre. "Joke Club" took a long time to wear off.

I've never liked the media brown-nosing that is so prevalent by sad football journo's. Poor press is everywhere but this Forest spiral is of their own doing for sure and despite the owners millions he'll be leaving them at some point to pick up the pieces.

As mentioned on here previously, last night's debacle, 3 down in 40 odd minutes came on the back of the best part of 2 weeks training and working on organisation and team management. According to Danny Murphy on Talksport they were nothing short of dreadful. Not only were they poorly organised and set up from the outset, they had no clear plan as to how to rectify it. At Prem level there's an expectation a good team can fix it, ask Man U.

As for then considering the Benitez angle, seriously?
they money must be awash in that club, for now anyway.
Sad way really to run a football club.

as we know, it's an awful longway back once FFP gets ahold, as it surely will
Nottingham Forest on 15:14 - Oct 4 with 3662 viewsdaveB

Nottingham Forest on 08:22 - Oct 4 by switchingcode

That was their own choice though to loan players to get them up so they had to start again.
Fulham had a few loans as well as did Bournemouth but neither seemed to go as mad as forest.

Even with the loans last season seeing them sign 4 left backs this summer is up there with when QPR signed Rob Green and Julio Cesar in the same window. Absolutly stupid and they deserve all they get

This isn't a one off well we had to go mad window, Forest have been doing this every window for years now
[Post edited 4 Oct 2022 15:17]
Nottingham Forest on 12:07 - Oct 7 with 3238 viewsCamberleyR

"The man they call Coops" signs a new contract. They obviously feel he's the best man to get them back up

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63172328

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Nottingham Forest on 12:14 - Oct 7 with 3196 viewsNorthernr

The "it'll all be different this time" CEO they poached from Barnsley a year ago is carrying the can, replaced with a shiny new technical director who's most recently overseen the sanity and careful planning at Watford.
Nottingham Forest on 13:14 - Oct 7 with 3036 viewsTGRRRSSS

Benitez won't go there anyway but if he did the first thing he'd do is demand to spend big and start a row via the press with the Chairman to gte sacked and a big pay off.
Nottingham Forest on 14:25 - Oct 7 with 2905 viewstraininvain

Nottingham Forest on 12:07 - Oct 7 by CamberleyR

"The man they call Coops" signs a new contract. They obviously feel he's the best man to get them back up

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63172328

Basically a message to the players to pull their weight and not try the old throw the manager under the bus routine. It’s a bold move as it assumes that the players give a sh1t whether the club stays up or not.

Let’s hope they continue losing for maximum comedy value. I still think he’ll be gone before January.
Nottingham Forest on 15:09 - Oct 7 with 2829 viewskensalriser

Nottingham Forest on 14:25 - Oct 7 by traininvain

Basically a message to the players to pull their weight and not try the old throw the manager under the bus routine. It’s a bold move as it assumes that the players give a sh1t whether the club stays up or not.

Let’s hope they continue losing for maximum comedy value. I still think he’ll be gone before January.

Forest might be gone by Christmas too!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Nottingham Forest on 15:13 - Oct 7 with 2814 viewsconnell10

Blimey 15 pages !!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Nottingham Forest on 11:00 - Oct 8 with 2575 viewshantssi

We’ve now got as many points as new players Forest brought in this last window!
Nottingham Forest on 18:41 - Oct 11 with 2369 viewsBeckenhamhoop

All going smoothly at Florist 😂😂

Nottingham Forest on 18:45 - Oct 11 with 2336 viewsstowmarketrange

Nottingham Forest on 18:41 - Oct 11 by Beckenhamhoop

All going smoothly at Florist 😂😂

We should expect at least 4 people to replace the 2 that have gone.It’s what they do now.
Nottingham Forest on 18:58 - Oct 11 with 2275 viewsdavman

Nottingham Forest on 18:45 - Oct 11 by stowmarketrange

We should expect at least 4 people to replace the 2 that have gone.It’s what they do now.

They just like signing ANYTHING.

They probably renew their Insurance policies weekly so that they can read the Ts&Cs and sign them.

Basket case of the highest order which will land on its feet 'cos I don' t want them to.

Everything and Everyone I hate in football (Chels, Palace, Fulham, Brentford, Villa, Norwich, WBA (you wait) and Watford ALWAYS end up OK, whereas we, well, don't...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024