Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Feeling excited about next season 11:39 - Jun 19 with 9599 viewsOakR

I was going to title this feeling positive but I think excited is the better word. We still have players to sign in various positions, we have a coach 'light' on 1st team experience etc etc but we have the prospect of attractive football around a good group of key young players, who still have room to improve themselves (Dieng, Dickie, Dunne, Field, Chair, Willock).

The way we are seemingly going to recruit players generally unknown to me but scouted for positions we need, with the prospect of players getting better with us fills me with hope, and reminds me of my favourite time late 80s / early 90s when we would buy relative unknowns who would become International class with us (I accept that was the Premier League but concept is the same) - when we got Seaman, Parker, Bardsley, Sinton, Ferdinand etc.

Call it nostalgia, or exitement at what's coming, or maybe it's the unknown but that tingle of excitement is there.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Feeling excited about next season on 11:09 - Jun 20 with 3355 viewsdannyblue

The profile of signings makes me think we might stick with a back three instead of Beale's supposed preference of 433. If Albert accepts the offer, that leaves us with a decent-looking first 11 of...

Dykes
Chair Willock
Paal Field Amos Adomah
JCS Dunne Dickie
Dieng

Looking at the bench, though and we're light wide and attacking. Bench from Archer DeWijs (surely going) Masterson Hamalainen Kakay Johansson Dozell Thomas Bonne
Feeling excited about next season on 11:26 - Jun 20 with 3272 viewsstantheman10

Feeling excited about next season on 11:09 - Jun 20 by dannyblue

The profile of signings makes me think we might stick with a back three instead of Beale's supposed preference of 433. If Albert accepts the offer, that leaves us with a decent-looking first 11 of...

Dykes
Chair Willock
Paal Field Amos Adomah
JCS Dunne Dickie
Dieng

Looking at the bench, though and we're light wide and attacking. Bench from Archer DeWijs (surely going) Masterson Hamalainen Kakay Johansson Dozell Thomas Bonne

No Charlie Kelman, Charlie Owens or Shodipo?
[Post edited 20 Jun 2022 11:29]
Feeling excited about next season on 11:47 - Jun 20 with 3208 viewsdannyblue

Feeling excited about next season on 11:26 - Jun 20 by stantheman10

No Charlie Kelman, Charlie Owens or Shodipo?
[Post edited 20 Jun 2022 11:29]

Might make a few bench appearances but I can't see any of them really troubling the first team. Joe Gubbins, Sinclair Sterling, Faisal Bettache too. I'd be delighted to be wrong.
Feeling excited about next season on 11:50 - Jun 20 with 3184 viewsdistortR

Feeling excited about next season on 11:47 - Jun 20 by dannyblue

Might make a few bench appearances but I can't see any of them really troubling the first team. Joe Gubbins, Sinclair Sterling, Faisal Bettache too. I'd be delighted to be wrong.

I'm hoping for a big year (Off the bench primarily) for Armstrong, and I've not given up with Kelman.
Feeling excited about next season on 11:54 - Jun 20 with 3163 viewseastside_r

Feeling excited about next season on 11:50 - Jun 20 by distortR

I'm hoping for a big year (Off the bench primarily) for Armstrong, and I've not given up with Kelman.

With you there mate.

I have also not given up on Dykes or Johansen which a number of posters seem to have done.

I am always excited for the new season.
Feeling excited about next season on 11:58 - Jun 20 with 3149 viewsWokingR

I'm not having this "it may take time" or "be patient" rubbish
Feeling excited about next season on 12:14 - Jun 20 with 3070 viewsToast_R

Could go really well and there will be a huge positive vibe but could also go horribly wrong once the games start coming thick and fast and we get dragged into Championship shithousery and rank officiating.

No one knows. Number two's getting the number one role rarely seem to work out though do they?
Feeling excited about next season on 12:23 - Jun 20 with 3026 viewsjoe90

Feeling excited about next season on 11:58 - Jun 20 by WokingR

I'm not having this "it may take time" or "be patient" rubbish

They’re replacing stewards with Oompa Loompa’s next season. Cheaper and they’re not unionised. You better watch out.
Login to get fewer ads

Feeling excited about next season on 13:14 - Jun 20 with 2879 viewsBklynRanger

I never feel excited on a Monday, but I do feel cautiously positive. Only cautiously though to be honest - if both of the new signings so far work out great, but there will be quite a lot asked of Paal I think in terms of getting up and down.

On formation, I thought I read in more than one place that MB favours a back 4, with a DM screening, two 10s, that sort of set-up. It looks to me like he's recruiting with that in mind shirley? Barbet had to be replaced even if we're going 2 CBs, and one of the new ones needed to have pace - which C-S thankfully does, apparently.

So lots of potential, and it could be great, but we'll have to see how that remaining core plays this season after that very flat end to the last one, who we hold on to, and how the new people coming in do. A right back and a forward to be added you'd think, which will be key.
Feeling excited about next season on 14:35 - Jun 20 with 2759 viewsRangersDave

Yup, feeling very excited about the season ahead. A move away from Toblerone footy to a more 'progressive' style.

The new boss could be just what we need.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Feeling excited about next season on 17:30 - Jun 20 with 2631 viewsEastR

Moses just parted ways

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Feeling excited about next season on 17:35 - Jun 20 with 2600 viewsdistortR

Feeling excited about next season on 11:54 - Jun 20 by eastside_r

With you there mate.

I have also not given up on Dykes or Johansen which a number of posters seem to have done.

I am always excited for the new season.

Yeah, the Johansen thing is slightly hysterical (Can you be slightly hysterical?) given that we know he was injured for half the season.
Dykes needs a big season. he's got it in him, we shall see.
Feeling excited about next season (n/t) on 17:36 - Jun 20 with 2596 viewsdistortR

Feeling excited about next season on 17:30 - Jun 20 by EastR

Moses just parted ways

[Post edited 21 Jun 2022 7:28]
Feeling excited about next season on 19:07 - Jun 20 with 2489 viewsderbyhoop

Moses just parted ways

I'm a bit surprised. Could play either FB side. Can't believe he was on big money. Maybe just because he was Warbs' man. Maybe it was an age and/or injury thing.

I wouldn't want to go into a season with Kakay as our only RB. Adomah hasn't signed yet.
I hope they've got somebody lined up.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2022 12:37]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Feeling excited about next season on 06:32 - Jun 21 with 2285 viewsLoftgirl

Moses just parted ways

Feeling excited about next season on 09:48 - Jun 21 with 2172 viewsterryb

Feeling excited about next season on 19:07 - Jun 20 by derbyhoop

I'm a bit surprised. Could play either FB side. Can't believe he was on big money. Maybe just because he was Warbs' man. Maybe it was an age and/or injury thing.

I wouldn't want to go into a season with Kakay as our only RB. Adomah hasn't signed yet.
I hope they've got somebody lined up.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2022 12:37]

Perhaps Shodipo is being tried in this position?

I can't recall any defensive qualities in him, but there wasn't in Adomah either.
Feeling excited about next season on 12:19 - Jun 21 with 2063 viewsEastR

as it was, so it shall be

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/jordy-de-wijs-departs-qpr-210622/

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Feeling excited about next season on 12:43 - Jun 21 with 2014 viewsderbyhoop

We're now in the situation where we have lost 9 senior players from last year and replaced them with 2.
FYI - Marshall (Hibs), Westwood, Barnes, Austin, Ball (Ipswich), Wallace, Barbet (Bordeaux), De Wijs (Fortuna Dusseldorf), Odubajo.
Admittedly 3 keepers, including emergencies.

It should be a fair bit off the wage bill but we didn't really have enough senior players, once injuries hit, for a 46 game season.
Hopefully, there are more (Free transfer?) signings to come. Or Beale has to bring on the youngsters that Warbs didn't rate.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Feeling excited about next season on 13:20 - Jun 21 with 1962 viewsdmm

There are a good few spaces in the squad now - FBs and striker/s in particular. We'll see more incoming that's for sure and I thought it interesting that Beale pointed out Premiership loans wouldn't really be available until later in the window, perhaps hinting at one or two Villa young guns he has in mind.
Feeling excited about next season on 14:18 - Jun 21 with 1887 viewssimmo

Feeling excited about next season on 12:43 - Jun 21 by derbyhoop

We're now in the situation where we have lost 9 senior players from last year and replaced them with 2.
FYI - Marshall (Hibs), Westwood, Barnes, Austin, Ball (Ipswich), Wallace, Barbet (Bordeaux), De Wijs (Fortuna Dusseldorf), Odubajo.

It should be a fair bit off the wage bill but we didn't really have enough senior players, once injuries hit, for a 46 game season.
Hopefully, there are more (Free transfer?) signings to come. Or Beale has to bring on the youngsters that Warbs didn't rate.

I suspect pre-season will determine which youngsters / peripheral players Beale thinks could be good enough for the squad. We've lost a fair amount but we're also getting back Shodipo, Kelman, Masterson, Bonne and then have the likes of Armstrong, Bettache, Gubbins, Owens, Walsh, Drewe, Mahoney, Alfa, etc that we'll look at in the next 4 weeks.

If we assume the first 4 will be good enough for bench/depth and maybe add 2-3 out of that group of youngsters, it's not so bad. The issue atm seems to be more a lack of seniority/experience to get the blend right. Dickie, Chair, Field, Dykes I guess are senior members but are also still pretty young, that's a lot to put on Stef and Adomah as proper experience for the dressing room.

Clive also mentioned earlier that we seem to be moving back to being a 'quiet and nice' team, especially with De Wijs going. Austin had his issues but one thing we all agreed that he brought - which we were definitely missing - was that little bit of bite and needle. Some teams will try to bully us and the officials next season and atm you can see it happening.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Feeling excited about next season on 21:42 - Jun 21 with 1722 viewsLogman

Very much agree with comments about loss of players with single minded mental determination. Currently we are down on this and it's hard to see where the guts will come from in certain areas when a sheff u, Boro or Preston are getting stuck into us. And there will be more of those types this year, e.g. Rotherham, Burnley etc. We need a couple of old school players who will be prepared to put it about on a cold night in Yorkshire on a Tuesday evening
Feeling excited about next season on 00:44 - Jun 22 with 1628 viewsLoftgirl

Feeling excited about next season on 21:42 - Jun 21 by Logman

Very much agree with comments about loss of players with single minded mental determination. Currently we are down on this and it's hard to see where the guts will come from in certain areas when a sheff u, Boro or Preston are getting stuck into us. And there will be more of those types this year, e.g. Rotherham, Burnley etc. We need a couple of old school players who will be prepared to put it about on a cold night in Yorkshire on a Tuesday evening

I wouldn't want to push Jimmy Dunne around.
Feeling excited about next season on 01:18 - Jun 22 with 1609 viewsQPROslo

Feeling excited about next season on 12:43 - Jun 21 by derbyhoop

Yes, and seems to happen every summer the last few. There seems to be too many good Championship players being let go each season to me. It hasn't been a disaster yet, but can it continue? Not sure, but live in hope.
Feeling excited about next season on 12:47 - Jul 1 with 1150 viewscharmr

I also have a sense of optimism or at least somewhat encouraged for the upcoming season/s on and off the field.

The club has a plan and as of all best laid plans etc it seems viable and an idea and identity in todays football era worth pursuing.

Build a team/club and they will come, no wrong uns apply.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024