Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Johansen 09:45 - Oct 30 with 1563 viewsBeckenhamhoop

So pleased to see Johansen back to his best in the second half yesterday. He was far more creative on the times he got to run towards Forests defense and he also showed a lot more nastiness in the tackle than he has been doing especially that touchline, crunching body check which I could happily watch on a loop for hours.
He’s clearly better as a more attack minded midfielder and was wondering if Amos and the excellent Dozzell could play as the midfield two and Johansen play a slightly more advanced central role in place of Willock who, in my opinion, is not doing enough to justify his place in the team/needs a rest.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 9:53]
Johansen on 09:51 - Oct 30 with 1516 viewsStreathamRanger

That crunching tackle by the Ellerslie got a standing ovation from me. Loved it. It was almost like an ice hockey tackle.

I like the idea of him playing further forward as he really seems to like pressing high up the pitch, but he could only really do that in a 4231 maybe as the centre of a 3 with Albert one side and Chair/Willock the other. Would give Willock or Chair a well needed rest as they both look a little tired at the moment.
Johansen on 10:29 - Oct 30 with 1407 viewsfrancisbowles

Willock involved in the build up to our goal yesterday. He'll get a rest soon with the international break and we may have a few injuries after last night. Dykes and Adomah both took knocks and had to play the full 90. Johansen will probably struggle to play three games in nine days.

Johansen, along with Dozell, was too slow to close down at the end!
Johansen on 10:37 - Oct 30 with 1384 viewsMrSheen

The Johansen yellow card was funny. You could see the Forest player with a “What did I do?” look when he finally got up.
Johansen on 10:44 - Oct 30 with 1360 viewsdmm

I'd like to see three in CM and agree with the OP that Johansen would be best further forward.

I love the Chair/Willock double act but perhaps it's time to see if alternative formations to 3421 might work. Having one of them as a second striker with Dykes in a 3511 would be interesting and they've both had little goes playing that role.
Johansen on 11:01 - Oct 30 with 1332 viewsstevec

Good to see Johansen move forward last night, much more direct which helps all of our three strikers.
Johansen on 11:33 - Oct 30 with 1298 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Johansen on 13:04 - Oct 30 with 1157 viewsMrSheen

I was perfectly happy to see Dozzell and Johansen pick up cards for fouls high up the pitch when we had just lost the ball rather than give Forest the whole pitch to run into…see Barnsley, Bristol City, Preston, Peterborough, etc. Can’t understand why Colback escaped.
Johansen on 15:05 - Oct 30 with 1045 viewsfrancisbowles

Johansen on 13:04 - Oct 30 by MrSheen

I was perfectly happy to see Dozzell and Johansen pick up cards for fouls high up the pitch when we had just lost the ball rather than give Forest the whole pitch to run into…see Barnsley, Bristol City, Preston, Peterborough, etc. Can’t understand why Colback escaped.

Stefan is such a nice boy but he sure has a mean streak. Lol.
I admire the way he gets a quick foul in when necessary.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024