Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Concept vs Reality: brand Martin 22:42 - Oct 27 with 4673 viewsAndyCole

This is the question, right now. All Concept and no real substance ? One of the hottest topics in the corridors of power.

The ayes have it, I say. All concept and no real, proper substance.

Martin's brand shouts all Concept, and no Reality. He's like an interior Designer positioning partitions, shaping style, colour swatches and cushions. Whereas in reality the senior players, the Chief Architects for making things happen on the pitch, as we build and find a way of winning with Plan B, deliver as best as they can - despite, not because of the flamboyant Design Concepts (Plan A).

So far in his managerial career Martin is clearly all Concept with mediocre results. The harsh Reality right now is all about winning. Flamboyant design concepts need to be consigned to the managerial filing cabinet, under M for....Martin, mediocre. 16th in the table, unheard of, in yonks.

The investors are all about a winning Reality, not Conceptual design. There's much at stake, especially right now.

It's time to deliver Reality with a proper Plan B, where Designer, Chief Architects and the entire team are fully aligned and delivering.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 00:42 - Oct 30 with 625 viewsDr_Parnassus

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 16:43 - Oct 29 by Treforys_Jack

"Soulless but successful", I like that phrase. Recieve an up arrow.

Not true though is it.

People talk as if we have been a total passing team forever. It’s only a relatively recent introduction to our history.

Those that see anything other than 800 passes a game as “soulless” or “un-Swansea” probably haven’t been supporting us for very long.

Ironically in terms of soul and connection from pitch to stand - from my experience, it was at its greatest when we were playing the worst football I have witnessed, in league 2. The style of play has naff all to do with it.

To me it’s simply brats that put their version of entertainment above the health and well-being of the club.

The modern day fan.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 0:44]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 01:02 - Oct 30 with 622 viewsDr_Parnassus

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 09:37 - Oct 28 by nantywatcher

I'd love to be a Martin fan, but why should I? The blind faith that you and others have for a man with no real track record is way beyond my understanding. And to think we were told we would be more entertaining turns out to be utter nonsense. Still whatever happens it looks like he's got a job for life, maybe a bit of pressure in his working life might improve our performances?

I agree.

I’m a Swansea fan, and have no loyalty to anyone we employ until they prove they are deserving of it. Managers and players come and go, it’s the club I support. They rarely, if ever, have any loyalty to us.

If Martin does well he will jump ship at the first better opportunity like he did at MK Dons, and that was after not doing particularly well. People are kidding themselves if they think otherwise.

This allegiance and loyalty demanded to be given/shown to him I find slightly nauseating. He has to earn that by performances and results, then he can earn the trust that comes with it. But even then, trust doesn’t make someone immune from criticism.

Some managers come with a successful CV and track record and trust can be given as well as a high level of expectation very quickly as they have proven themselves.

But in terms of Martin, Cooper and Potter - to give 3 recent examples. They all had to earn my trust because they had so little experience or success at this level. Potter and Cooper managed to get that fairly quickly, Martin is struggling to.

That’s not to say it won’t come of course, it may well do and hope it does… but that needs to come first before I give him my undying adulation as seems to be the fashionable thing at the moment. We are 16th, that’s unquestionably poor for a team like us.

Peterborough later. This is the type of game that you need to trust the manager to set up in a way to get a win from, yet if we are honest with ourselves, I don’t think many would be surprised if we get beat, batter them or end up in a drab 0-0, feels like a complete lottery (4 wins, 5 draws, 5 defeats also lends itself to that “lottery” feel)

We should get a result, but I don’t say that with any level of confidence. That’s the problem.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 10:08]

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 07:51 - Oct 30 with 590 viewsTreforys_Jack

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 00:42 - Oct 30 by Dr_Parnassus

Not true though is it.

People talk as if we have been a total passing team forever. It’s only a relatively recent introduction to our history.

Those that see anything other than 800 passes a game as “soulless” or “un-Swansea” probably haven’t been supporting us for very long.

Ironically in terms of soul and connection from pitch to stand - from my experience, it was at its greatest when we were playing the worst football I have witnessed, in league 2. The style of play has naff all to do with it.

To me it’s simply brats that put their version of entertainment above the health and well-being of the club.

The modern day fan.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 0:44]

That's just it, it is true to me 👍
Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 07:59 - Oct 30 with 589 viewsTreforys_Jack

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 00:16 - Oct 30 by AndyCole

It's a tad disappointing to see the simple 'In Martin we trust' troupe have still yet to proffer ways in which we can kick on, to improve and become the winning force we were so accustomed to of late. Disappointing. but not unexpected from the unthinking.

Let's hope that the younger generation, now far less intimidated to post here again, against the grain of the minority abusive types, contribute far more to this thread actively encouraging constructive critique.

These younger, more ebullient types will 'see' far more than some of our tired, head in the sands, apathetic supporters unable to conjure a meaningful word of constructive critique.

So very telling how some see constructive critique as a chore, a 'job', Clearly some are a million miles behind where the proper fans resides nowadays.

People intimidated to post on here !!! Wow , you really believe that.
Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 08:04 - Oct 30 with 587 viewsDr_Parnassus

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 07:51 - Oct 30 by Treforys_Jack

Sure, but true to you doesn’t mean true in reality.

To call us soulless just because we didn’t play 700 passes a game just isn’t accurate. We rarely have in our history.

Unless you believe that we have been soulless throughout most of our history that is…

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 08:15 - Oct 30 with 584 viewsDr_Parnassus

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 07:59 - Oct 30 by Treforys_Jack

People are certainly trying. Not that it works mind, it’s actually pretty funny.

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 08:49 - Oct 30 with 569 viewsmagicdaps10

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 08:04 - Oct 30 by Dr_Parnassus

Sure, but true to you doesn’t mean true in reality.

To call us soulless just because we didn’t play 700 passes a game just isn’t accurate. We rarely have in our history.

Unless you believe that we have been soulless throughout most of our history that is…

And not being true to you doesn't mean its reality.

It was you that posted that it wasn't true, rather than you say that you didn't agree.

This is why I have to post in response to you, you can put people in their place but you need to realise when you are posting something incorrectly.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 08:50 - Oct 30 with 568 viewsmagicdaps10

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 07:51 - Oct 30 by Treforys_Jack

That is correct mate 👍

Login to get fewer ads

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 09:52 - Oct 30 with 541 viewsDr_Parnassus

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 08:49 - Oct 30 by magicdaps10

And not being true to you doesn't mean its reality.

It was you that posted that it wasn't true, rather than you say that you didn't agree.

This is why I have to post in response to you, you can put people in their place but you need to realise when you are posting something incorrectly.

Yep I said it was not true, not ''untrue to me'', just untrue.

Otherwise Swansea would have been soulless for most of it's existence, which it hasn't been.

Cheers for yet another useless response.

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 09:54 - Oct 30 with 539 viewsDr_Parnassus

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 08:50 - Oct 30 by magicdaps10

That is correct mate 👍

Indeed, but as we established, true to someone doesn't mean true in reality.

The reality is clearly that Swansea is not soulless in the periods it doesn't pass 700 times a game, its a relatively new addition to our history.

It really is very simple.

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 10:16 - Oct 30 with 525 viewsmagicdaps10

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 09:54 - Oct 30 by Dr_Parnassus

Indeed, but as we established, true to someone doesn't mean true in reality.

The reality is clearly that Swansea is not soulless in the periods it doesn't pass 700 times a game, its a relatively new addition to our history.

It really is very simple.

Practice what you preach!

You can't give the advice if you can't live by it....something you are doing in style.

Your ignorance is causing a hell of a lot of trouble on this site, please say its about putting People being right and those people being put in their place.

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 10:24 - Oct 30 with 520 viewsDr_Parnassus

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 10:16 - Oct 30 by magicdaps10

You can't give the advice if you can't live by it....something you are doing in style.

Your ignorance is causing a hell of a lot of trouble on this site, please say its about putting People being right and those people being put in their place.

I am, as I said, this isn't ''my reality'', this is simply reality. Swansea is not soulless when it doesn't pass 700 times.

If you want to add your own version to that then ensure you disclaim that it is your version. Swansea is not soulless. Deal with it.

The only people causing trouble on this site is the likes of you, and considering what Keith is doing this for your presence is nauseating in the extreme. Facts.

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 10:33 - Oct 30 with 512 viewsonehunglow

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 07:59 - Oct 30 by Treforys_Jack

you better had Tref.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 10:34 - Oct 30 with 509 viewsonehunglow

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 10:16 - Oct 30 by magicdaps10

Trouble.
Just WOW

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 10:43 - Oct 30 with 504 viewsmagicdaps10

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 10:24 - Oct 30 by Dr_Parnassus

I am, as I said, this isn't ''my reality'', this is simply reality. Swansea is not soulless when it doesn't pass 700 times.

If you want to add your own version to that then ensure you disclaim that it is your version. Swansea is not soulless. Deal with it.

The only people causing trouble on this site is the likes of you, and considering what Keith is doing this for your presence is nauseating in the extreme. Facts.

Wow, absolutely Wow!!

If you are using that as a tool then you really are prepared to stoop to some low levels indeed.

All that said and done, your views and opinions are not facts!

I will not take this further or reply back as i think you have over stepped the mark by using the site boss as a tool to throw at me, I have enough respect for Keith to leave it be.

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 10:49 - Oct 30 with 499 viewsDr_Parnassus

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 10:43 - Oct 30 by magicdaps10

Wow, absolutely Wow!!

If you are using that as a tool then you really are prepared to stoop to some low levels indeed.

All that said and done, your views and opinions are not facts!

I will not take this further or reply back as i think you have over stepped the mark by using the site boss as a tool to throw at me, I have enough respect for Keith to leave it be.

Using it as a tool? What on earth are you talking about?

We both know why Keith is doing this, yet you are intent on trolling and causing trouble with absolutely no care in the world for the ramifications to yourself or this site.

As I said, your presence is nauseating. Fact.

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 10:52 - Oct 30 with 492 viewsonehunglow

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 10:49 - Oct 30 by Dr_Parnassus

Using it as a tool? What on earth are you talking about?

We both know why Keith is doing this, yet you are intent on trolling and causing trouble with absolutely no care in the world for the ramifications to yourself or this site.

As I said, your presence is nauseating. Fact.

Most on here love him.

Reasons beat me.

The most loved manager we've had for many many years without anything at all to justify

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 11:02 - Oct 30 with 491 viewsDr_Parnassus

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 10:52 - Oct 30 by onehunglow

Most on here love him.

Reasons beat me.

The most loved manager we've had for many many years without anything at all to justify

Well a lot of it is what Lisa correctly described as the 'Emperor's new clothes', and she is absolutely spot on with that.

Some of it is justified as I think we as a fanbase have been starved of possession based football for a long time and anything that resembles it is being jumped upon.

Understandable to a certain degree, but also disappointing as I would like to think we have a bit more about us than to look at the possession stat column and clap, despite the results and performances.

And lastly it has to do with the stance many took against Cooper. Saying how great everything is now, is (for them) justification to slating the manager constantly over the last 18 months of his reign. Admitting we are worse off now is disastrous for that stance which is why the ''give him 10 games'' turned into ''10-20'' and the ''10-20'' turned into a whole ''season of transition''.

But on the flip side, it's not all that bad either.... At the moment it's just very, very average.

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 12:44 - Oct 30 with 445 viewsTreforys_Jack

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 10:24 - Oct 30 by Dr_Parnassus

So if someone has a different view or you're not able to persuade them that you're king of the world then they're causing trouble and trolling. Throwing baseless accusations is the first sign you're are "losing it". I'm more than happy to accept your opinions yet you seem unable to do the same for me. Very strange behaviour and your mask slips as anyone who doesn't agree is trolling. Would you rather we all agreed about everything, that would certainly make things easier for you and you wouldn't get so frustrated.
I'm enjoying the football more now than I did, just accept it.
Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 12:49 - Oct 30 with 444 viewsDr_Parnassus

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 12:44 - Oct 30 by Treforys_Jack

So if someone has a different view or you're not able to persuade them that you're king of the world then they're causing trouble and trolling. Throwing baseless accusations is the first sign you're are "losing it". I'm more than happy to accept your opinions yet you seem unable to do the same for me. Very strange behaviour and your mask slips as anyone who doesn't agree is trolling. Would you rather we all agreed about everything, that would certainly make things easier for you and you wouldn't get so frustrated.
I'm enjoying the football more now than I did, just accept it.

Nope, Daps has trolled this board for years. It has nothing to do with whether he agrees with me or not, he generally never does but that is usually a marker that I am on the right trail and is very much welcomed.

Daps has slipped into an insidious character from bumbling fool making up transfer rumors for kicks, to someone who has started to look for trouble, even covertly releasing personal information of people he dislikes that some obsessive giggling hyenas have told him. Not that it is particularly interesting of course, but a marker of a vile character and one that has no place on this forum, especially one that is being run for such a cause.

I am telling it like it is, there is nothing frustrating about it. Not for me anyway.

But back to the discussion, If you are enjoying the football more now, then great, good for you. But that is not what you said initially, is it.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 13:16]

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 12:53 - Oct 30 with 437 viewsonehunglow

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 11:02 - Oct 30 by Dr_Parnassus

Well a lot of it is what Lisa correctly described as the 'Emperor's new clothes', and she is absolutely spot on with that.

Some of it is justified as I think we as a fanbase have been starved of possession based football for a long time and anything that resembles it is being jumped upon.

Understandable to a certain degree, but also disappointing as I would like to think we have a bit more about us than to look at the possession stat column and clap, despite the results and performances.

And lastly it has to do with the stance many took against Cooper. Saying how great everything is now, is (for them) justification to slating the manager constantly over the last 18 months of his reign. Admitting we are worse off now is disastrous for that stance which is why the ''give him 10 games'' turned into ''10-20'' and the ''10-20'' turned into a whole ''season of transition''.

But on the flip side, it's not all that bad either.... At the moment it's just very, very average.

I can't see why you wound up so many .
I'm pretty easily annoyed but can;t say you 've spoiled my coffee and croissants

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 12:56 - Oct 30 with 436 viewsDr_Parnassus

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 12:53 - Oct 30 by onehunglow

I can't see why you wound up so many .
I'm pretty easily annoyed but can;t say you 've spoiled my coffee and croissants

Because people don't like facts, they like to create their own bubble of myths and security blankets.

I pop them, remove them and cover them back with a dose of reality. The amount of myths on here that would go completely unchecked if I didn't make a point of showing them for what they are is staggering. Once they get repeated enough, people then take them as facts and a new alternate reality is created.

Only a few moments ago on the match day thread someone said Cooper had a bad record against the lowly teams. Turns out after I worked it out, we had title winning form against teams 20th and below.

That kind of thing...
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 12:58]

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 13:28 - Oct 30 with 409 viewsmagicdaps10

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 12:49 - Oct 30 by Dr_Parnassus

Nope, Daps has trolled this board for years. It has nothing to do with whether he agrees with me or not, he generally never does but that is usually a marker that I am on the right trail and is very much welcomed.

Daps has slipped into an insidious character from bumbling fool making up transfer rumors for kicks, to someone who has started to look for trouble, even covertly releasing personal information of people he dislikes that some obsessive giggling hyenas have told him. Not that it is particularly interesting of course, but a marker of a vile character and one that has no place on this forum, especially one that is being run for such a cause.

I am telling it like it is, there is nothing frustrating about it. Not for me anyway.

But back to the discussion, If you are enjoying the football more now, then great, good for you. But that is not what you said initially, is it.

Wow just wow....and with all that you call me vile, WOW!

Think you need to calm down because that post was hell of an explosion. I have been on this site for years and never once banned, people tend to get banned for the points you have brought up here.... These posters return with different usernames.

Magicdaps10 was est2001 and still posting to this day.

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 13:32 - Oct 30 with 396 viewsWhiterockin

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 12:49 - Oct 30 by Dr_Parnassus

IMO this has crossed the line.
Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 13:37 - Oct 30 with 382 viewsDr_Parnassus

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 13:32 - Oct 30 by Whiterockin

IMO this has crossed the line.

Which bit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024