Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Racism in the stands at The Liberty 11:52 - Dec 23 with 14757 viewsJackfath

I'd like to think the people of PS would stand up and be counted if they heard anyone spouting racist bile towards any players/supporters.

Let's make sure we stamp this out by telling those who decide to use football to spread their hate, we aren't tolerating it and they're not welcome. Get them kicked out/arrested.

Who's with me?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 15:50 - Dec 23 with 1994 viewsshandyjack

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 14:29 - Dec 23 by sg1912

That’s the problem, how can some racism be deemed lesser?

singing anti welsh songs isn't racist, and it's no different to us singing anti english songs.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 16:33 - Dec 23 with 1940 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 13:09 - Dec 23 by shandyjack

please tell me you are not trying to compare the two here.

When is racism not racism?
Or xenophobia not xenophobia?
When it is accepted as normal by the side being abused and then everybody else and it becomes the norm.
Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 16:36 - Dec 23 with 1936 viewstheloneranger

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 15:50 - Dec 23 by shandyjack

singing anti welsh songs isn't racist, and it's no different to us singing anti english songs.

This Welsh court would disagree ... 😇

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2236911/Welsh-rugby-fan-Phillip-Pritcha

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 16:44 - Dec 23 with 1921 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Personally I don't think it can ever be stopped as humans are "tribal" let alone racist and always will be.
But just because you don't like someone there is no need to vocalise it.
One major problem is drink lowering inhibitions and civility bringing out the worst in people.
The other problem that is no longer talked about is excessive male pheromones in the atmosphere when there are large groups of excited men.
I don't know what happened to those studies.
Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 17:53 - Dec 23 with 1881 viewsbuilthjack

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 13:50 - Dec 23 by Darran

There a certain times where people make racism worse.
One example I’ll give you is the edited video from the Tory party conference a few months ago where Johnson refused to shake hands with three black fellas.
It doesn’t help the fight at all in my opinion.

But Johnson is a massive racist. It ok though, it's funny old Boris.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 18:13 - Dec 23 with 1869 viewsDarran

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 17:53 - Dec 23 by builthjack

But Johnson is a massive racist. It ok though, it's funny old Boris.

Yes but you’re missing the point but that’s nothing new.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 18:19 - Dec 23 with 1853 viewsNeath_Jack

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 16:44 - Dec 23 by A_Fans_Dad

Personally I don't think it can ever be stopped as humans are "tribal" let alone racist and always will be.
One major problem is drink lowering inhibitions and civility bringing out the worst in people.
The other problem that is no longer talked about is excessive male pheromones in the atmosphere when there are large groups of excited men.

Why doesn't it happen in rugby or cricket, boxing etc?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 18:20 - Dec 23 with 1853 viewsSwanjaxs

The pond life that still think making monkey noises at football grounds are being brought to book make no mistake.

Same goes for homophobic references.

Your days are numbered.

Think on morons.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Login to get fewer ads

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 18:21 - Dec 23 with 1845 viewsjack247

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 16:33 - Dec 23 by A_Fans_Dad

When is racism not racism?
Or xenophobia not xenophobia?
When it is accepted as normal by the side being abused and then everybody else and it becomes the norm.

Racism is always racism, xenophobia is always xenophobia.

‘Always shit on the English side of the bridge’ etc are neither.

‘You black/English/Welsh......’ is a completely different matter.
Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 18:21 - Dec 23 with 1840 viewsLuther27

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 18:19 - Dec 23 by Neath_Jack

Different audience Neath. Funny thing is some support more than the one sport, but keep certain attitudes for football. Perplexing.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 18:23 - Dec 23 with 1831 viewsHighjack

Yeah I do think we need a sense of perspective though. Every weekend hundreds of thousands of people go to matches up and down the country. The huge majority, probably 99.9% are decent, well behaved people who just want to watch a game of football and most matches pass off without incident with only a few arrests usually alcohol related.

We’ve had a couple of idiots in a 60000+ crowd and there’s talk of a big racism problem in football, and even talk of national inquiries. It’s a bit over the top.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 18:31 - Dec 23 with 1784 viewsswancity

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 18:23 - Dec 23 by Highjack

Yeah I do think we need a sense of perspective though. Every weekend hundreds of thousands of people go to matches up and down the country. The huge majority, probably 99.9% are decent, well behaved people who just want to watch a game of football and most matches pass off without incident with only a few arrests usually alcohol related.

We’ve had a couple of idiots in a 60000+ crowd and there’s talk of a big racism problem in football, and even talk of national inquiries. It’s a bit over the top.

Precisely. One thick clown in a crowd of 60,000
and suddenly there’s a sense that it’s a big problem in football. It’s not. Not any more it’s not. What happened is wrong and hopefully the culprit will be dealt with severely but the over reaction has been out of proportion to what was an isolated incident in that game.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 18:37 - Dec 23 with 1765 viewsJackfath

1 in 60,000 is too much. It is a problem.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 18:45 - Dec 23 with 1741 viewsswancity

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 18:37 - Dec 23 by Jackfath

1 in 60,000 is too much. It is a problem.

With continued strict punishment, raising of awareness and now government involvement these incidents will hopefully continue to reduce even further. Agree that one incident is one too many but let’s put it into some sort of perspective. It was a real “problem” in football in the 1970s. Things have improved considerably and long may that continue.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 18:52 - Dec 23 with 1706 viewslonglostjack

All credit to the North East for not rising to Sterling’s provocation in the FA Cup last year. Would have been all too easy for a couple of idiots to kick off with some racist shit. A cheat is a cheat.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 19:05 - Dec 23 with 1635 viewsDarran

It’s quite interesting to see the lefties on twitter today bringing up Johnson’s letter box comment after the government vowed to do something about it.
They all seem to have missed Gary Neville having a go a Corbyn for it too.

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 19:10 - Dec 23 with 1602 viewstaffpunk

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 18:19 - Dec 23 by Neath_Jack

It does happen, especially in Rugby.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 19:12 - Dec 23 with 1596 viewsNeath_Jack

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 18:31 - Dec 23 by swancity

Precisely. One thick clown in a crowd of 60,000
and suddenly there’s a sense that it’s a big problem in football. It’s not. Not any more it’s not. What happened is wrong and hopefully the culprit will be dealt with severely but the over reaction has been out of proportion to what was an isolated incident in that game.

Keep burying your head in the sand butt.

Don't work for the FA by any chance?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 19:12 - Dec 23 with 1595 viewstaffpunk

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 14:41 - Dec 23 by controversial_jack

I can't remember the last time I heard any racist comments at a Swans match.It's a non issue at our club

Obviously not, Badlands has confirmed it still sadly goes on regularly.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 19:18 - Dec 23 with 1559 viewsCatullus

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 19:10 - Dec 23 by taffpunk

It does happen, especially in Rugby.

Yep,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/wales-first-black-rugby-ico

And boxing,

https://tss.ib.tv/boxing/featured-boxing-articles-boxing-news-videos-rankings-an

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 19:21 - Dec 23 with 1553 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 18:23 - Dec 23 by Highjack

I agree, I think the %age is probably nearer 99.99%, just a few individuals who get carried away and think they are clever.
Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 19:28 - Dec 23 with 1533 viewsCatullus

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 19:21 - Dec 23 by A_Fans_Dad

I agree, I think the %age is probably nearer 99.99%, just a few individuals who get carried away and think they are clever.

Some clubs have a bigger problem than others and some of them aren't just being clever, they are racist.
Many of them though are probably just drunk and stupid. Not that casual racism because of alcohol is ok.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 19:36 - Dec 23 with 1504 viewsKilkennyjack

Never heard it at the Liberty.

Heard it plenty at the Vetch 🤷‍♂️.

Maybe things are getting better ..?

Beware of the Risen People

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 19:39 - Dec 23 with 1474 viewsDarran

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 19:36 - Dec 23 by Kilkennyjack

Never heard it at the Liberty.

Heard it plenty at the Vetch 🤷‍♂️.

Maybe things are getting better ..?

I’ve never heard a racist shout at the Liberty from a Swans fan either and I haven’t heard one from a Swans fan at an away game for years either.

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 19:41 - Dec 23 with 1463 viewsmonmouth

I've never heard any racism around me. Are we talking about those West Stand hooligans and their hip flasks full of raw polish vodka again? Rowdy bastards.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024