Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. 18:42 - Sep 29 with 3738 viewsmagicdaps10

Imagine what Potter can do if he gets 100% support off the board.

Potter and the kids are a credit to Swansea City at present.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 21:59 - Sep 29 with 847 viewsCooperman

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 21:04 - Sep 29 by angryjack

Not really West brom just signed out of contract Wes houlihan for free

We are returning to ‘The Swansea Way’ on the field. Hoolahan does not fit into this model.

He is also 36 years old and was offered a deal far in excess of what we can bankroll.

Apart from that...

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 22:04 - Sep 29 with 838 viewsN_T_J

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 19:49 - Sep 29 by angryjack

Not as they should have he walked on deadline day fact because of it and they persuaded him to stay so he must think they not backed him

Where are the facts he walked on deadline day? I did hear roumours he had walked, but did not know it was true.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2018 22:09]
Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 22:06 - Sep 29 with 834 viewsDr_Winston

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 22:04 - Sep 29 by N_T_J

Where are the facts he walked on deadline day? I did hear roumours he had walked, but did not know it was true.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2018 22:09]

It isn't. File alongside the "Potter pulled a sickie" nonsense.

GP has made it clear in interviews since that he was quite OK with our business. Probably would have liked to add one or two but generally fine.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 22:10 - Sep 29 with 818 viewsN_T_J

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 22:06 - Sep 29 by Dr_Winston

It isn't. File alongside the "Potter pulled a sickie" nonsense.

GP has made it clear in interviews since that he was quite OK with our business. Probably would have liked to add one or two but generally fine.

👍
Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 07:23 - Sep 30 with 732 views_

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 20:47 - Sep 29 by A_Fans_Dad

An experienced creative mid fielder, an experienced striker with a decent scoring record and a backup centre back worth of lack of comittment is pretty obvious.

Oh FFS don't be as pathetic as the OP.

Yo can't just magic up a team.

We've got a facking fantastic squad and I wouldn't swap it for any other in this league.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 07:23 - Sep 30 with 731 views_

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 20:54 - Sep 29 by QJumpingJack

The club have to match the ambitions of Potter in January. If they don't he will get snapped up elsewhere.

No they won't.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 07:56 - Sep 30 with 700 viewsE20Jack

Yet another trolling thread.

They backed Potter by giving him our record signing outside the PL. They backed the team by allowing them the opportunity to flourish. They backed the club by not plunging it into debt like others have done.

Do you think Joe Rodon, Oli McBurnie, Connor Roberts, Jay Fulton, Dan James et al also share the opinion that the Americans should have thrown money we don't have to get them replaced with other signings?

Nah, I don't either. We won 3-0 and are 7th in the league, 3 points behind automatic promotion. That is down to the Americans, Jenkins, Potter, the coaching staff and the players.

The last thing people should be doing them is criticising one set for not replacing another set. It is highly disrespectful to the group.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 08:04 - Sep 30 with 692 views_

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 07:56 - Sep 30 by E20Jack

Yet another trolling thread.

They backed Potter by giving him our record signing outside the PL. They backed the team by allowing them the opportunity to flourish. They backed the club by not plunging it into debt like others have done.

Do you think Joe Rodon, Oli McBurnie, Connor Roberts, Jay Fulton, Dan James et al also share the opinion that the Americans should have thrown money we don't have to get them replaced with other signings?

Nah, I don't either. We won 3-0 and are 7th in the league, 3 points behind automatic promotion. That is down to the Americans, Jenkins, Potter, the coaching staff and the players.

The last thing people should be doing them is criticising one set for not replacing another set. It is highly disrespectful to the group.

He's back!!!

Legend.

Login to get fewer ads

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 09:04 - Sep 30 with 663 viewsclement

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 21:04 - Sep 29 by angryjack

Not really West brom just signed out of contract Wes houlihan for free

pretty sure his signing on fee was more than zero

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 09:13 - Sep 30 with 650 viewsomarjack

We needed 2 more players that's for sure.

Could have been done for 6-7 m (assuming one of them could be a loanee)

They didn't invest enough unfortunately. With a little bit more commitment, they could have still managed the club's finances and gave themselves a much bigger fighting chance for promotion.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 09:22 - Sep 30 with 625 viewsE20Jack

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 09:13 - Sep 30 by omarjack

They didn't invest enough unfortunately. With a little bit more commitment, they could have still managed the club's finances and gave themselves a much bigger fighting chance for promotion.

Only £7m eh?

We have some great monopoly players on this site I’m sure.

Only £7m indeed. Only 6 times more than we had ever spent for a single player outside the PL. that’s all.

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 09:24 - Sep 30 with 621 viewsItchySphincter

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 09:13 - Sep 30 by omarjack

Tough decisions had to made and whilst the riches of the PL are the prize I think it was decided to undo some of the financial mess the club has got itself into, and if that means no promotion and not even a sniff of it for a couple of years, so be it. If we happen to get promoted in the meantime by virtue of a decent coach and a good set of young players then the situation will be managed at the time and we may again see Danny Graham type signings rather then the Ayew sort, but I think it’s obvious by now that we’re not going to throw an extra six or seven million at the Championship with wishful thinking.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 09:30 - Sep 30 with 605 viewsomarjack

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 09:22 - Sep 30 by E20Jack

Only £7m eh?

Only £7m indeed. Only 6 times more than we had ever spent for a single player outside the PL. that’s all.

Keep up. Times have changed.

Even small championship sides that aren't getting any parachute payments are spending more money than that.

Forest just spent 13.5 m on some unknown Portuguese kid for example.

Leeds spent 7 m on Bamford.

I'm only mentioning teams that aren't getting parachute payments by the way.

As for newly relegated teams with financial advantage like us..Look at Stoke, Boro the year before that spending 15 m on Assombalonga, Villa the year before that too.

We could only afford to spend a pitiful 6 m after 7 years in the PL? After selling players for almost 50 m?

Well excuse me for being a bit more ambitious than the owners.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2018 9:31]

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 09:30 - Sep 30 with 604 viewsCooperman

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 09:22 - Sep 30 by E20Jack

Only £7m eh?

Celina was £4m ish wasn’t he?

But yes, we won’t be throwing sums of even this amount around on a regular basis let alone £7m.

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 09:31 - Sep 30 with 594 viewsCooperman

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 09:30 - Sep 30 by omarjack

Even small championship sides that aren't getting any parachute payments are spending more money than that.

As for newly relegated teams with financial advantage like us..Look at Stoke, Boro the year before that spending 15 m on Assombalonga, Villa the year before that too.

We could only afford to spend a pitiful 6 m after 7 years in the PL? After selling players for almost 50 m?

You may be ambitious but you’re not the one managing the balance sheet.

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 09:34 - Sep 30 with 581 viewsE20Jack

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 09:30 - Sep 30 by Cooperman

Celina was £4m ish wasn’t he?

But yes, we won’t be throwing sums of even this amount around on a regular basis let alone £7m.

Yeah I was speaking historically, prior to being relegated the most we had paid for a single player in our history outside the PL was on Craig Beattie.

Now people want to spend 5 or 6 times that just to get a couple of bodies in.

Senseless.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2018 9:35]

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 09:35 - Sep 30 with 576 viewsomarjack

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 09:31 - Sep 30 by Cooperman

You may be ambitious but you’re not the one managing the balance sheet.

Well then..

I've said it before and I'm going to say it again, There are 2 options here:

We're wither being mugged as fans and the owners are just slurping as much cash as possible from the club.

or

Whoever got us into this financial mess is a complete fool that doesn't belong in the business world. I mean how could someone mismanage a business that badly? It's incomprehensible.

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 09:37 - Sep 30 with 568 viewsDr_Winston

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 09:35 - Sep 30 by omarjack

Well then..

We're wither being mugged as fans and the owners are just slurping as much cash as possible from the club.

or

Whoever got us into this financial mess is a complete fool that doesn't belong in the business world. I mean how could someone mismanage a business that badly? It's incomprehensible.

It's almost as if the person responsible has form for running businesses into the ground.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 09:38 - Sep 30 with 564 viewsCooperman

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 09:35 - Sep 30 by omarjack

Well then..

or

No, what you’ve done is arrive at two pessimistic half glass empty options.

Now I’ll say it again - you’re not the one managing the balance sheet.

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 09:39 - Sep 30 with 556 viewsLoyal

Certain players will gain recognition, the yanks will asset strip. Expecting more players from the reserves to magically perform., that's the scenario, nothing more.

Maybe then we will see some direct action.

If I'm wrong, nobody loses, yanks want their money x 2, they care not a fck for football.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 09:40 - Sep 30 with 553 viewsE20Jack

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 09:30 - Sep 30 by omarjack

Yep and the times have changed to a scenario where we are not able to spend that kind of money, clearly.

What has what Forest spent got to do with us? They are a different club. Messi scored 500+ goals, why can’t everyone else in that league score 500+ goals too?

They aren’t getting parachute payments because they aren’t committed to PL outgoings. They aren’t an extra “perk”, they are an essential part of a system that stops clubs going bust - not a booster to spend on more players.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2018 9:42]

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 09:40 - Sep 30 with 552 viewsBadlands

What I get from this thread is,
Lose,draw or win some fans use the result to attack the club
Lose, win or draw some fans use the result to attack the quality of the squad.
Lose, win or draw some fans hope Poter will leave in January (weird as managers can leave any time)

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 09:41 - Sep 30 with 542 views_

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 09:37 - Sep 30 by Dr_Winston

It's almost as if the person responsible has form for running businesses into the ground.

That person got us up in the first place and while you and others laughed at players from Falkirk or stockpiling keepers, that same person was making sure we had an insurance policy ready for relegation.

Stop your facking nonsense.

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 09:43 - Sep 30 with 537 viewsLoyal

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 09:40 - Sep 30 by Badlands

Lose, win or draw some fans hope Poter will leave in January (weird as managers can leave any time)

YOU GREEDY BASTARDS GET OUT OF OUR CLUB.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 09:43 - Sep 30 with 535 viewsomarjack

Cracking result-hope the yanks take notice. on 09:40 - Sep 30 by Badlands

Whoever attacks the club is probably a closet Cardiff fan. Don't listen to that.

Whoever attacks the quality of the squad, are probably criticising the owner's lack of investment that could have made the whole difference between a good season and an actual promotion back into the PL. Justified criticism imo.

Whoever wants Potter sacked is obviously a WUM. Which bellend said that exactly?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024