Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No more Sweetmore 19:21 - Mar 21 with 17498 viewsShun

A Sky Sports News exclusive, Dave Sweetmore is set to leave his post at Dale at the end of the season.

The SSN reporter said something along the lines of, 'Sad news for anyone who's been to this ground as Rochdale play the best music in the league.'
[Post edited 21 Mar 2017 22:19]
No more Sweetmore on 20:08 - Mar 22 with 4402 viewsrochdaleriddler

No more Sweetmore on 13:19 - Mar 22 by SuddenLad

The crucial point that someone made earlier is that it is intended to be BACKGROUND music.

It isn't the choice or genre of his music that irritates per se, (though it is repetitive) it is the ridiculously loud volume.

Match days should provide opportunities for people to have a chat and openly discuss whatever goes on. That's impossible at the moment and it's ridiculous that we have to shout, just to get the person in the next seat, to be able to hear.

It's the fact the PA system is crap, it's distorted. If we had a better system, it could be loud but bearable. I hear Dave Lee Travis is available

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

No more Sweetmore on 21:30 - Mar 22 with 4320 viewsYorkshire_Dale

No more Sweetmore on 20:53 - Mar 21 by since58

Clint Boon ?

What about "our own" Ken Boooooooon?
No more Sweetmore on 23:59 - Mar 22 with 4221 viewssince58

No more Sweetmore on 21:30 - Mar 22 by Yorkshire_Dale

What about "our own" Ken Boooooooon?

More chance of a baboooooooon.
No more Sweetmore on 00:10 - Mar 23 with 4211 viewsCanaDale

Oh that's gutting, lets hope don't bring in the guy who used to fill in for him occasionally, his performance was as flat as a pancake.
No more Sweetmore on 02:32 - Mar 23 with 4160 viewssince58

No more Sweetmore on 23:59 - Mar 22 by since58

More chance of a baboooooooon.

No offence intended to you ken b.t.w.
No more Sweetmore on 06:32 - Mar 23 with 4117 viewsChaffRAFC

The volume is an issue and a known one but its a problem with the system, it just costs too much to replace apparently.

Sad to see Dave leave. A really top bloke, good mate of mine and I personally love the tunes he plays at Dale and the fact it gets noticed by away fans.

Will have to leave going in until the very last minute if we get the generic pop shite I expect we'll get.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

No more Sweetmore on 09:59 - Mar 23 with 4000 viewsKenBoon

No more Sweetmore on 02:32 - Mar 23 by since58

No offence intended to you ken b.t.w.

v offended.

I hope at the Bratfut game we get nothing but Saturn 5 on repeat.
No more Sweetmore on 11:53 - Mar 23 with 3933 viewsmodelboydave

whatever you think of him, hes part of the furniture, part of the familiarity of match day.

......we'll continue with a little bit more music.

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

Login to get fewer ads

No more Sweetmore on 00:24 - Mar 25 with 3604 viewsjoecooke

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

No more Sweetmore on 13:08 - Mar 27 with 3399 viewsBendy

My understanding of the volume issues is that it is (apart from an old system) the flaw is that it only has a master volume control which adjusts the volume of all speakers in all stands at the same time. The next problem is that due to the nature of the wiring there is a lot of drop off in quality/output the further round the system, or in effect along the one long wire, so you get the silly situation that for the volume to be audible in one stand (presumably the away stand) through their speakers the volume has to be ridiculously loud in other stands, like the Sandy Lane.

I'm no sound engineer, but an overhaul of all the wiring and basically having to upgrade the whole sound system to accommodate would be expensive.
No more Sweetmore on 13:16 - Mar 27 with 3377 viewspioneer

No more Sweetmore on 13:08 - Mar 27 by Bendy

My understanding of the volume issues is that it is (apart from an old system) the flaw is that it only has a master volume control which adjusts the volume of all speakers in all stands at the same time. The next problem is that due to the nature of the wiring there is a lot of drop off in quality/output the further round the system, or in effect along the one long wire, so you get the silly situation that for the volume to be audible in one stand (presumably the away stand) through their speakers the volume has to be ridiculously loud in other stands, like the Sandy Lane.

I'm no sound engineer, but an overhaul of all the wiring and basically having to upgrade the whole sound system to accommodate would be expensive.

....but long overdue
No more Sweetmore on 13:17 - Mar 27 with 3369 viewsR17ALE

No more Sweetmore on 13:08 - Mar 27 by Bendy

You can't hear it in The Sandy at all, unless you stand to the sides when you can hear Willbutts or Main Stand speakers.

If there's one piece of infrastructure I'd like the club to sort out, it's this - a modern system which acts as a clear public announcement to fans rather than the old current carbuncle blaring out music so loudly it takes you back to acid house raves of the 1990s!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

No more Sweetmore on 17:11 - Mar 27 with 3081 viewsKingstdale

Regardless of personal music tastes and volume issues,,it should be remembered that Dave has been,and always will be, a regular and loyal Dale fan. Personally I'll miss him at Spotland. He played my kind of music,,the music my son was brought up on. He's a bit of a hero to my lad. Good luck Dave. :-)
[Post edited 27 Mar 2017 17:13]
No more Sweetmore on 17:32 - Mar 27 with 3043 viewsJimmyRustler

As long as we don't start exclusively playing chart music then I'm not too fussed. Definitely needs to be quieter though as others have stated.

I do suspect that KH will be quite happy with the news though because it's one less plastic Manc accent to try and outdo in his post match interviews.
No more Sweetmore on 23:44 - Mar 27 with 2894 viewsLS27Rdale

tbf Dave Sweetmore has no control over the pa system. He uses what is available.

What no one seems to say is, he will be a big loss to RAFC...

His Revolution radio slot, mentioned the dale on many occasions..

Matey fm...Radio 5 . talk sport etc etc etc. Free publicity for our club.

How much dough did he make for the club, with the amount of gigs and club night over the years that he has been here ?...Plenty imho

Yes, his music wasnt to plenty of people tastes, but next year we might have Ed Sheerhan, take that, boom boom shit£, and shoot the police songs....
No more Sweetmore on 10:17 - Mar 28 with 2783 views_dezzy

No more Sweetmore on 23:44 - Mar 27 by LS27Rdale

tbf Dave Sweetmore has no control over the pa system. He uses what is available.

How much dough did he make for the club, with the amount of gigs and club night over the years that he has been here ?...Plenty imho

Yes, his music wasnt to plenty of people tastes, but next year we might have Ed Sheerhan, take that, boom boom shit£, and shoot the police songs....

Hanson MMM bop

KHBA

No more Sweetmore on 14:16 - Mar 28 with 2645 viewsChaffRAFC

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

No more Sweetmore on 15:40 - Mar 28 with 2569 viewsBartRowou

I don't understand why the music discussion is often taken to the extreme. It doesn't have to be indie or no indie. It can be a mixture of the two. That's fair, isn't it?

From nowhere, we've got ourselves a singing section. If the music played is something they can sing their songs to, it could be the spark we need when the players come out and might generate an immediate 3 o'clock atmosphere which Spotland has never had.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

No more Sweetmore on 19:08 - Mar 28 with 2477 viewsRobinHoodDale

No more Sweetmore on 20:08 - Mar 22 by rochdaleriddler

It's the fact the PA system is crap, it's distorted. If we had a better system, it could be loud but bearable. I hear Dave Lee Travis is available

Absolutely correct that an overhaul/replacement of the PA system is long overdue and any DJ/MC is going to struggle to please all sections of the ground just because of physics.

I popped up to the Scunthorpe vs Dale match a fortnight ago (which Dale should have put to bed in the first half by the way) and I was pleasantly surprised by the half-time music on offer which in my humble opinion was almost worth the entry fee alone.

It wasn't a top-notch PA system but it was clear and not too loud. Being of a certain age, I couldn't help but be enthralled by the fact that only two songs were played at the interval. Neither was introduced (there wasn't a DJ as far as I could tell) and while the first was short and not recognised by me, the second was nothing less than the full 8 and a half minute album version of Kashmir from Led Zeppelin.

If that's done every week by Scunny then that would probably start to grate on the home fans but it certainly got the thumbs up from this visitor.
No more Sweetmore on 20:44 - Mar 28 with 2381 viewsrobtheb

Or even worse.....Adele!
No more Sweetmore on 10:30 - Apr 7 with 2135 viewsdingdangblue

Top one, nice one, sorted ar kid!

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/eden-bearshaw-appointed-as-

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

No more Sweetmore on 10:35 - Apr 7 with 2122 viewsdalenumber2

No more Sweetmore on 10:30 - Apr 7 by dingdangblue

Top one, nice one, sorted ar kid!

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/eden-bearshaw-appointed-as-

I'm sure Eden will be great!
No more Sweetmore on 10:53 - Apr 7 with 2080 viewsScunnydale

Best of luck, Eden. It's a great project but I hope it doesn't turn out to be a hazard.
No more Sweetmore on 11:21 - Apr 7 with 2032 viewsAtThePeake

Can't believe the club has hired this absolute clown. Astounded. Ridiculous appointment.

Tangled up in blue.

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:25 - Apr 7 with 2010 viewsisitme

No more Sweetmore on 11:21 - Apr 7 by AtThePeake

Can't believe the club has hired this absolute clown. Astounded. Ridiculous appointment.

Would you care to elaborate, as most people will have no idea who he is?
[Post edited 7 Apr 2017 11:26]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024