Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next season 21:50 - Apr 26 with 5942 viewsscruffyjack

Guidolin is the most bizarre manager we have had since Kevin Cullis. His formations, on times (most of the time), baffle me.
He is playing people out of position/shit formation and when he hasn't had big chunks of luck, that we've enjoyed in the last few months, he's got no idea what to do.
We've got the players to do the job, but not with this clown in charge. Apart from the last few years I've run teams, all be it on a Welsh League level, so I have some idea what is needed.
Get back to the style we know and love, with wingers & a centre forward that can head the ball in the opposition area.
Every time Gomis comes on we are normally struggling, he is not the most industrious but give the man a chance, give him a chance with TWO wingers slinging a few in. After all, him and Bony before him were our best defenders at set pieces, which we are in dire need.
Play Ayew & Siggy in a dual ten role behind, using their industry behind. Out wide we need Monty & Barrow, pace is terrifying.
Apart from that fill in as you will.
And after my last reasonable topic if you don't like f**k off.
Next season on 19:29 - Apr 27 with 1244 viewssully49

I would expect that in a squad of players they would have a fair idea of who's leaving, who's vulnerable and who's safe, player politics if you like.
IMO apart for those in the safe group, all others should be busting a gut to either make the manage/r/ment think twice or to make themselves as atractive as possible for teams to take an interest in signing them.

At the moment I can't help but think nobody appears to give a monkeys, it seems to me to be a combination of wer'e safe so what's the point, I'm going to the Euro's so I'll not risk injury, nobody expects to win these matches anyway so....... but I'll take the money whatever.

As to who the next manager will be, I suggest that given the enormity of the squad changes needed both in and out, and as he has partial knowledge with some in the squad and know's the ethos of SCFC I would have to say BR with AC at his side.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2016 23:42]

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Next season on 19:49 - Apr 27 with 1226 viewsmonmouth

Someone just told me that theres a rumour floating about that we've offered The Brodger £4m a year to come back. Got to be nonsense isn't it?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Next season on 19:55 - Apr 27 with 1207 viewslondonlisa2001

Next season on 19:49 - Apr 27 by monmouth

Someone just told me that theres a rumour floating about that we've offered The Brodger £4m a year to come back. Got to be nonsense isn't it?

I've heard the same thing only I heard it as £70k per week (which is close).

I've heard so much about this now that I am beginning to think it's a done deal Mon.

It wouldn't be my choice I have to say but if it is true then I hope he is Oystunding.

Edited to correct iPad ridiculous autocorrect.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2016 19:59]
Next season on 19:56 - Apr 27 with 1204 viewsairedale

I wouldn't usually believe it, but there's a lot of dough coming our way next season.
Next season on 19:57 - Apr 27 with 1203 viewsjackjackjackjack

Just had a look at comparable teams, and it seems Pulis is on £1.5-2m, and Hughes is on £1m + bonuses. So I hope the £4m is way out.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Next season on 20:03 - Apr 27 with 1186 viewsDavillin

Next season on 18:44 - Apr 27 by Highjack

Yeah he's done with his back room team what was asked of them which was to scramble enough points to get us another season in this league. It hasn't been pretty but I don't give a f uck. I will always remember what he's done for us. I think he's been let down by the players a lot since the Chelsea game which has tarnished it a bit.

The day he arrived every single one of us would have bitten off the hand of anyone who offered us 40 points and a 10 point cushion with a few games left. We're only a few points off the top ten. He and his team have done very very well and he doesn't deserve the level of vitriol he's getting from some quarters.

From your post: ". . . he doesn't deserve the level of vitriol he's getting from some quarters," with which I agree.

I would dearly love to know why he gets vitriol in the first place -- and even from before his first game in charge.

It is not at all rational, given what he was asked to do, and how he most successfully went about doing it.

[I'm afraid that the true reason will sorely distress me.]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Next season on 20:37 - Apr 27 with 1141 viewsblaine_scfc

Mate of mine works in Swansea and was speaking to a former director (not one who is exactly liked so probably talking bullsh*t) and he said Rodgers was asking for too much cash when Monk was first sacked. He's now apparently not getting any offers so has lowered his demands and it'e a done deal for next season. Guido not rated at all down there so he says.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2016 20:38]
Next season on 20:41 - Apr 27 with 1128 viewsjasper_T

Next season on 19:55 - Apr 27 by londonlisa2001

I've heard the same thing only I heard it as £70k per week (which is close).

I've heard so much about this now that I am beginning to think it's a done deal Mon.

It wouldn't be my choice I have to say but if it is true then I hope he is Oystunding.

Edited to correct iPad ridiculous autocorrect.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2016 19:59]

Lunacy. At least he'll move heaven and earth trying to sign Joe Allen back.

Just hope there's enough spare cash left over for the 2/3 other signings we need.
Login to get fewer ads

Next season on 21:19 - Apr 27 with 1101 viewslondonlisa2001

Next season on 20:41 - Apr 27 by jasper_T

Lunacy. At least he'll move heaven and earth trying to sign Joe Allen back.

Just hope there's enough spare cash left over for the 2/3 other signings we need.

I fear we need more than that!

I would bring Joe back as well. But I also think we need 2 top class full backs (I'd keep Naughton for cover and bin Taylor for a bit of money).

I would also bring in a centre half (get rid of Bartley), another 2 midfielders (one defensive, one creative, get rid of Ki and probably not sign Fer)and one forward (keep Paloschi, get rid of Gomis and Eder) and get rid of Ayew.

I hope we don't bring back Rodgers, but really think we seem to be doing so.
Next season on 21:42 - Apr 27 with 1090 viewsjasper_T

I don't think we need a defensive mid. Cork is very good at it when there's no onus on him to create from midfield, and we have Leon and Jay Fulton at opposite ends of their careers that can step in when needed.
Next season on 21:43 - Apr 27 with 1085 viewsmonmouth

Next season on 21:19 - Apr 27 by londonlisa2001

I fear we need more than that!

I would bring Joe back as well. But I also think we need 2 top class full backs (I'd keep Naughton for cover and bin Taylor for a bit of money).

I would also bring in a centre half (get rid of Bartley), another 2 midfielders (one defensive, one creative, get rid of Ki and probably not sign Fer)and one forward (keep Paloschi, get rid of Gomis and Eder) and get rid of Ayew.

I hope we don't bring back Rodgers, but really think we seem to be doing so.

Cobblers mun Lis.

All we need is Scott Sinclair.

[Post edited 27 Apr 2016 22:13]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024