Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Back from the game 21:57 - Apr 21 with 2966 viewsColDale

Delighted with the win, as at half time I was the least confident of getting a result all season. Just wasn't working and I was anticipating an Orient goal at any stage. We'd played far better against Swindon and let 4 in. Thought we'd worked hard but much of the efforts (notably from Allen) were in vain due to a lack of support, and over complicating matters with Hollywood passes as they get called on here.

Not 100% what the change in tactics were (Bennett further forward?) but it worked and had it not been for great saves and wastefulness on the counter, we could have had four or five and I don't think anyone could have argued with the result in the end.

Forget all permutations, just get a win against MK Dons, and see what's what.
Back from the game on 22:08 - Apr 21 with 2833 viewsYouTubeDale

A well deserved win. But they made us work for it.

So glad because Saturday's game will be buzzing now.

I haven't studied the table until tonight, forgive me, but we can catch Sheff United. Well now, that would be a story to tell your grandchildren !!!!!

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Back from the game on 22:08 - Apr 21 with 2829 views442Dale

Orient looked a side without any substance. They weren't so much not playing for their manager, rather that they didn't really recognise who he was. Loads of shouting, but nobody listened once.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Back from the game on 22:12 - Apr 21 with 2769 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Back from the game on 22:08 - Apr 21 by YouTubeDale

A well deserved win. But they made us work for it.

So glad because Saturday's game will be buzzing now.

I haven't studied the table until tonight, forgive me, but we can catch Sheff United. Well now, that would be a story to tell your grandchildren !!!!!

MK will be a much tougher game but what the heck let's give it a right good go!

.......anyway,I'm just going in order to shout abuse at the Ginger Whinger that is Dean Lewington!
Back from the game on 22:13 - Apr 21 with 2755 viewszxcvbnm

One interesting permutation would be

Chesterfield Draw on Saturday - Dale win - Sheffield Utd lose

It'd mean that Chesterfield and Sheff Utd both need one point from their final game. And who do they play… Each other

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Back from the game on 22:16 - Apr 21 with 2717 viewsYouTubeDale

Back from the game on 22:08 - Apr 21 by 442Dale

Orient looked a side without any substance. They weren't so much not playing for their manager, rather that they didn't really recognise who he was. Loads of shouting, but nobody listened once.

I could hear Fabio shout "pasta de ball", and " bollocknaise" when he wasn't happy... and "you are taking the pizza" after Hendo put it in the top corner !!!!!

Back from the game on 22:22 - Apr 21 with 2601 viewsYouTubeDale

And now for the sing song...

Back from the game on 22:24 - Apr 21 with 2570 views442Dale

Back from the game on 22:13 - Apr 21 by zxcvbnm

One interesting permutation would be

Chesterfield Draw on Saturday - Dale win - Sheffield Utd lose

It'd mean that Chesterfield and Sheff Utd both need one point from their final game. And who do they play… Each other

Done 90.

Back from the game on 22:54 - Apr 21 with 2385 viewsTalkingSutty

The longer the game progressed the better we became. Orient started full of purpose but we matched them physically and started to impose ourselves further up the pitch. In the second half Lillis was a spectator and we could have easily scored another couple of goals.

All in all it was a pretty solid allround performance without ever hitting the heights. Orient looked like a team that realise the drop is inevitable. Man of the match Andy Cannon but Allen pushed him close.
Login to get fewer ads

Back from the game on 23:23 - Apr 21 with 2220 viewsArthurDaley

Back from the game on 22:16 - Apr 21 by YouTubeDale

I could hear Fabio shout "pasta de ball", and " bollocknaise" when he wasn't happy... and "you are taking the pizza" after Hendo put it in the top corner !!!!!

A large VAT Dave

Back from the game on 23:41 - Apr 21 with 2126 viewsSandyman

Orient have some decent players, but no team. Seen far worse than them at Spotland this season.

Credit to their 'keeper Cisak for two incredible saves in the 2nd half. 3-0 Dale without him.
Back from the game on 23:55 - Apr 21 with 2083 viewsTommoRAFC

Back from the game on 23:41 - Apr 21 by Sandyman

Orient have some decent players, but no team. Seen far worse than them at Spotland this season.

Credit to their 'keeper Cisak for two incredible saves in the 2nd half. 3-0 Dale without him.

Aye when he saved Andrew's shot I thought we might let them back into the game. Great double save.

It wasn't the best performance, but we got the job done.

It was great to see Bennett and Tanser back, both played very well tonight.

Lillis 7 - Solid game, good distribution
Eastham 6
Lancashire 6
Kennedy 6
Cannon 7 - Class again, at times he's our only attacking threat, he's fast becoming the most promising talent in the squad.
Tanser 7 - Did well being played further up the park, no Bale yet, but he was effective the same way Byram is for Leeds.
Bennett 7 - Class again, good luck to Chaff sussing what position to put him as on FM16!
Allen 6
Rose 7 - Another good game, his pass in the first half to put Vincenti through was an absolute beauty!
Vincenti 6
Henderson 7 - Took the goal well, needs to calm down though, his battle with Baudry was bordering on getting out of hand, he doesn't need to get involved as much as he does!

Andrew 6 - Would have been 7 but failed to score a sitter.

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

Back from the game on 23:59 - Apr 21 with 2065 viewsRotherhamDale

I don't think the 3-5-2 worked well at all but we managed to grind out the win. I suppose that's all that matters at this stage.

Possession with progression.

Back from the game on 00:00 - Apr 22 with 2059 views442Dale

Back from the game on 23:55 - Apr 21 by TommoRAFC

Aye when he saved Andrew's shot I thought we might let them back into the game. Great double save.

It wasn't the best performance, but we got the job done.

It was great to see Bennett and Tanser back, both played very well tonight.

Lillis 7 - Solid game, good distribution
Eastham 6
Lancashire 6
Kennedy 6
Cannon 7 - Class again, at times he's our only attacking threat, he's fast becoming the most promising talent in the squad.
Tanser 7 - Did well being played further up the park, no Bale yet, but he was effective the same way Byram is for Leeds.
Bennett 7 - Class again, good luck to Chaff sussing what position to put him as on FM16!
Allen 6
Rose 7 - Another good game, his pass in the first half to put Vincenti through was an absolute beauty!
Vincenti 6
Henderson 7 - Took the goal well, needs to calm down though, his battle with Baudry was bordering on getting out of hand, he doesn't need to get involved as much as he does!

Andrew 6 - Would have been 7 but failed to score a sitter.

Great point about Lillis' distribution. It will be very disappointing if Jones is back in on Saturday for this reason alone.

Back from the game on 00:15 - Apr 22 with 2001 viewsShun

Chris Dagnall didn't get a 'Please welcome back to Spotland... Chris Dagnall!'. What a shame after some of the names who've got that over the past few years. I wonder if he's been instructed to stop doing it?
Back from the game on 00:18 - Apr 22 with 1987 viewsTVOS1907

Back from the game on 00:15 - Apr 22 by Shun

Chris Dagnall didn't get a 'Please welcome back to Spotland... Chris Dagnall!'. What a shame after some of the names who've got that over the past few years. I wonder if he's been instructed to stop doing it?

I hope so.

Daggers has been welcomed back before though, for Scunthorpe and Barnsley.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Back from the game on 00:24 - Apr 22 with 1944 viewstazzydjr

Brilliant Match Dale were on top of the game considering how weakened the squad was that would of been Champion side just 1 League below the performance were spot on to say Orient punished us our last day last time in league one they didn't look fit for even Conference South but one of their defenders came across as an O'Connell type defender he deserved better than Orient
[Post edited 22 Apr 2015 0:32]

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024