Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC Radio Manchester 6pm 12:20 - Mar 30 with 19930 viewsdale18

Dunphy and Hilly are guests on the show tonight could be entertaining after Hilly's comments on Saturday.
BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 22:27 - Mar 30 with 3702 viewsThacks_Rabbits

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 22:08 - Mar 30 by TVOS1907

We've played 12 league games since we sold Done and have picked up 18 points.

In the 12 league games before we sold Done, we picked up 15 points.

Lies, damned lies and statistics...

I agree - we are better without him - suprised S.U. bothered tbh - oh but then I forgot who we have played :)

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 22:33 - Mar 30 with 3681 viewsTVOS1907

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 22:27 - Mar 30 by Thacks_Rabbits

I agree - we are better without him - suprised S.U. bothered tbh - oh but then I forgot who we have played :)

I don't think it's a case of 'better without him', more that we haven't suffered as much as was forecast.

And Hill himself said on Matey FM that we had scored more goals when Done wasn't in the team than when he was in it.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 22:51 - Mar 30 with 3617 viewsdingdangblue

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:56 - Mar 30 by nordenblue

Id say the league table backs up the fact that Yeovil,Scunthorpe,Colchester,Crewe etc are indeed bang average/poor league 1 teams rather than just my opinion to be honest,and we've happened to play most of the worst teams in a short space of time.

Crewe just beat Sheff Utd away!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 22:55 - Mar 30 with 3602 viewsisitme

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 22:21 - Mar 30 by TalkingSutty

Sometimes you can get lucky, you roll the dice and can bring in a player with a poor pedigree and goal scoring record and it just works, they don't have to be proven......COG?

Exactly.

Although when signed he wasn't a proven goalscorer that some have been clambering for. Players like Holt, Lambert, Murray, Le Fondre, Hogan etc were all players that the club took a chance on. We can't afford proven goalscorers but we do offer hungry players the chance to develop and then earn a move when the become goalscorers.
BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 22:57 - Mar 30 with 3591 viewsD_Alien

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 22:55 - Mar 30 by isitme

Exactly.

Although when signed he wasn't a proven goalscorer that some have been clambering for. Players like Holt, Lambert, Murray, Le Fondre, Hogan etc were all players that the club took a chance on. We can't afford proven goalscorers but we do offer hungry players the chance to develop and then earn a move when the become goalscorers.

Exactly, and if you deny them the move when it comes along, players are less likely to take a chance on us

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 23:54 - Mar 30 with 3489 viewsdingdangblue

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:44 - Mar 30 by KenBoon

Listening now. Clearly no real ambition for promotion. It's such a shame.

Just listened and in the last 10 minutes they are talking about the money from the new Premier League TV Deal. Chris Dunphy says we wont see much in League 1 as the Championship get 80% of any money that trickles down. Jimmy Wagg then says "but you might be in the Championship next season"!!! Chris Dunphy's response genuinely sounds frightened of this prospect as he ums and aars a few times. He is scared of promotion and the mention of Stockport and Yeovil a few times tonight is testament to his fears of the Championship and the problems it could bring.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 00:20 - Mar 31 with 3452 viewsmacro

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 23:54 - Mar 30 by dingdangblue

Just listened and in the last 10 minutes they are talking about the money from the new Premier League TV Deal. Chris Dunphy says we wont see much in League 1 as the Championship get 80% of any money that trickles down. Jimmy Wagg then says "but you might be in the Championship next season"!!! Chris Dunphy's response genuinely sounds frightened of this prospect as he ums and aars a few times. He is scared of promotion and the mention of Stockport and Yeovil a few times tonight is testament to his fears of the Championship and the problems it could bring.

I spoke to a few Yeovil fans on Saturday and the think they got promoted to the championship to quickly and it's wrecked the club. Admittedly that's a very small proportion but they regret the fact they ever went up.
BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 00:25 - Mar 31 with 3443 viewssweetcorn

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:56 - Mar 30 by nordenblue

Id say the league table backs up the fact that Yeovil,Scunthorpe,Colchester,Crewe etc are indeed bang average/poor league 1 teams rather than just my opinion to be honest,and we've happened to play most of the worst teams in a short space of time.

The same scunthorpe that beat swindon a month ago and the same crewe who beat sheffield united on saturday?

There are no gimme's in this league and there are shock results on a weekly basis in this league, but lets ignore that point as it goes against your point..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Login to get fewer ads

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 06:46 - Mar 31 with 3299 viewsnordenblue

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 00:25 - Mar 31 by sweetcorn

The same scunthorpe that beat swindon a month ago and the same crewe who beat sheffield united on saturday?

There are no gimme's in this league and there are shock results on a weekly basis in this league, but lets ignore that point as it goes against your point..

The general concept of a league table suggests that come this time of the season the better teams are near the top the poorer ones the bottom,take a look where most the teams we have played currently sit in that league.The best teams dont end up bottom?
Freak results happen but a league is a much better average of how good/poor a team is at any level over any given season,it really is that simple
BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 06:48 - Mar 31 with 3298 viewsnordenblue

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 22:33 - Mar 30 by TVOS1907

I don't think it's a case of 'better without him', more that we haven't suffered as much as was forecast.

And Hill himself said on Matey FM that we had scored more goals when Done wasn't in the team than when he was in it.

To be honest tvos i think the figures are somewhat warped given the opposition we've been playing recently
BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 10:02 - Mar 31 with 3133 viewsdingdangblue

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 06:48 - Mar 31 by nordenblue

To be honest tvos i think the figures are somewhat warped given the opposition we've been playing recently

Beating Chesterfield and Scunthorpe at Spotland is never easy - just look at our recent records against both. Playing Yeovil when they are all but relegated is a tricky fixture - yes they are no Bristol City or Mk Dons but as Hill said teams in that position often play with less pressure and more freedom, add to that the injuries we had and the conditions it was a massive 3 points with or without Matt Done.

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 10:17 - Mar 31 with 3103 viewsJimmyRustler

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 10:02 - Mar 31 by dingdangblue

Beating Chesterfield and Scunthorpe at Spotland is never easy - just look at our recent records against both. Playing Yeovil when they are all but relegated is a tricky fixture - yes they are no Bristol City or Mk Dons but as Hill said teams in that position often play with less pressure and more freedom, add to that the injuries we had and the conditions it was a massive 3 points with or without Matt Done.

There are no easy games in this league but there are easier ones and our recent fixtures have been examples of the latter
BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 11:04 - Mar 31 with 3016 viewssweetcorn

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 06:46 - Mar 31 by nordenblue

The general concept of a league table suggests that come this time of the season the better teams are near the top the poorer ones the bottom,take a look where most the teams we have played currently sit in that league.The best teams dont end up bottom?
Freak results happen but a league is a much better average of how good/poor a team is at any level over any given season,it really is that simple

Interesting that you mention the league table.. Before this run of results we're currently having we lay 15th in league one, level on points with the bang average outfits of crewe and notts county with scunthorpe only a point behind us, so does that make us a bang average side getting lucky aswel? 8 games later we're no where near them.

Hill cant win with cocks like you, if we lose he has no ambition and is actively trying to see us out of the play-offs, if we win we've only played bang average teams (who at the time where in and around the same position as us).

No wonder he's de-energised.

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 12:30 - Mar 31 with 2894 viewsTVOS1907

We can't pick and choose who we play and when. They still have to be beaten and we had lost points against the same opposition in the reverse fixtures when Done was playing.

Also, the way the fixtures work mean a lot of other teams have had similar games in the same time, yet we're in virtually the same position now as we were when Done was sold.

At this stage of the season, a lot of struggling sides also find form from somewhere. Look at Crawley's recent run, Crewe's win at Sheffield United and, in League 2, previously doomed Hartlepool are now out of the relegation zone.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 13:08 - Mar 31 with 2806 viewssweetcorn

Pssst. I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Points against crewe, notts and scunthorpe with done: 4. Points against crewe, notts and scunthorpe without done: 9.

Our squad would be better with done in it, theres no question, but we are in virtually the same position without him and i couldnt imagine our position would have improved with him staying.

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 13:27 - Mar 31 with 2762 viewsdingdangblue

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 13:08 - Mar 31 by sweetcorn

Pssst. I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Points against crewe, notts and scunthorpe with done: 4. Points against crewe, notts and scunthorpe without done: 9.

Our squad would be better with done in it, theres no question, but we are in virtually the same position without him and i couldnt imagine our position would have improved with him staying.

Who knows , Done could help Sheff Utd beat Barnsley,Doncaster,Bradford and Chesterfield in their remaining fixtures to get us in the play offs!

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 17:59 - Mar 31 with 2559 viewsnordenblue

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 11:04 - Mar 31 by sweetcorn

Interesting that you mention the league table.. Before this run of results we're currently having we lay 15th in league one, level on points with the bang average outfits of crewe and notts county with scunthorpe only a point behind us, so does that make us a bang average side getting lucky aswel? 8 games later we're no where near them.

Hill cant win with cocks like you, if we lose he has no ambition and is actively trying to see us out of the play-offs, if we win we've only played bang average teams (who at the time where in and around the same position as us).

No wonder he's de-energised.

If having an opposing view to the biggest immature attention seeking gob shite to ever grace this forum renders me a cock,ill gladly take that title.
You're right all along a table means nothing in any league its all just bullshit,they should just randomly pick a team out of a hat than give the winners a trophy,league position has totally nothing to do with overall ability after all in sweetcorn world
BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 18:04 - Mar 31 with 2553 viewsJimmyRustler

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 17:59 - Mar 31 by nordenblue

If having an opposing view to the biggest immature attention seeking gob shite to ever grace this forum renders me a cock,ill gladly take that title.
You're right all along a table means nothing in any league its all just bullshit,they should just randomly pick a team out of a hat than give the winners a trophy,league position has totally nothing to do with overall ability after all in sweetcorn world

There's more cocks on here than on Brazzers.

There's only me a few others that can hold their hands up and truly admit to being normal, sensible members of society.
BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 20:08 - Mar 31 with 2464 viewssweetcorn

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 17:59 - Mar 31 by nordenblue

"You're right all along a table means nothing in any league its all just bullshit,they should just randomly pick a team out of a hat than give the winners a trophy,league position has totally nothing to do with overall ability after all in sweetcorn world"

Please direct me to the post where I put something even remotely close to that being the case..

I forgot that being above someone in the table automatically gives you the points.

Also, well done on accepting yourself as a penis.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2015 20:16]

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 20:33 - Mar 31 with 2396 viewsnordenblue

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 20:08 - Mar 31 by sweetcorn

"You're right all along a table means nothing in any league its all just bullshit,they should just randomly pick a team out of a hat than give the winners a trophy,league position has totally nothing to do with overall ability after all in sweetcorn world"

Please direct me to the post where I put something even remotely close to that being the case..

I forgot that being above someone in the table automatically gives you the points.

Also, well done on accepting yourself as a penis.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2015 20:16]

As long as im different to you thats perfectly fine by me.
If you fancy telling me to my face feel free to introduce yourself, i generally stand behind the net in the Sandy,or as you normally do hide behind a username on here getting all erect name calling you immature gobshite.
BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:00 - Mar 31 with 2371 viewstazzydjr

The crowd counters are onto their 5th Page

#obsessed

#BiffosyournotBuckets

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/46968-keith-hill-out/page-5

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 23:05 - Mar 31 with 2275 viewsoff2div1

If the you missed the program hear is a link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02mp6ry#auto
BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 23:19 - Mar 31 with 2252 viewsBigDaveMyCock

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 20:33 - Mar 31 by nordenblue

As long as im different to you thats perfectly fine by me.
If you fancy telling me to my face feel free to introduce yourself, i generally stand behind the net in the Sandy,or as you normally do hide behind a username on here getting all erect name calling you immature gobshite.

I presume you weren't christened Nordenblue?

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 00:33 - Apr 1 with 2197 viewsShun

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:00 - Mar 31 by tazzydjr

The crowd counters are onto their 5th Page

#obsessed

#BiffosyournotBuckets

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/46968-keith-hill-out/page-5

Some interesting points on that thread re our sell-ons. One Oldham fan seems to think we're due another £250k this summer if West Brom stay up?
BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 03:54 - Apr 1 with 2132 viewsnordenblue

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 23:19 - Mar 31 by BigDaveMyCock

I presume you weren't christened Nordenblue?

Thats a fairly safe presumption
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024