Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? 14:05 - Jan 7 with 5894 viewsD_Alien

Thought it might be interesting to obtain people's current voting intentions, then compare it with a poll in four months time.

EDIT: Please vote as if you were voting for the party of government, not how you might vote tactically at the local election.

Doesn't matter if you're eligible to vote or not.

[Post edited 7 Jan 2015 14:41]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 14:06 - Jan 7 with 3973 viewsD_Alien

Unfortunately, the slices of the pie aren't colour-codable along party lines.

[Post edited 7 Jan 2015 14:42]

If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 14:25 - Jan 7 with 3914 viewselectricblue

If the reporting in the media is correct then there will be a coalition government again...
I prey n hope its not the cons n ukip.....

Plus we don't have any serious opposition to the two main parties to make a difference..

I do really want to see the tories wiped of the face of politics and therefore im leaning towards Mr Ed otherwise it would be the greens......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 14:27 - Jan 7 with 3902 viewsTalkingSutty

If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 14:06 - Jan 7 by D_Alien

Unfortunately, the slices of the pie aren't colour-codable along party lines.

[Post edited 7 Jan 2015 14:42]

The party that picked up the pieces after Labour bankrupted the country.
If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 16:00 - Jan 7 with 3741 viewsSuddenLad

If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 14:25 - Jan 7 by electricblue

If the reporting in the media is correct then there will be a coalition government again...
I prey n hope its not the cons n ukip.....

Plus we don't have any serious opposition to the two main parties to make a difference..

I do really want to see the tories wiped of the face of politics and therefore im leaning towards Mr Ed otherwise it would be the greens......

I think the next Government is a nailed-on CON/UKIP coalition. They can start planning now. (If they haven't already been muttering behind the scenes)

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 16:23 - Jan 7 with 3682 viewsmacro

If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 16:00 - Jan 7 by SuddenLad

I think the next Government is a nailed-on CON/UKIP coalition. They can start planning now. (If they haven't already been muttering behind the scenes)

I bet ukip win no more than 6 seats in the gen
If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 16:36 - Jan 7 with 3645 viewsKenBoon

If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 14:27 - Jan 7 by TalkingSutty

What are they doing with those pieces other than selling them off to their pals?

I find them all as bad as each other. Boom follows Bust regardless of who is in charge. Labour originally created BOOM before they spazzed it all up the wall. I'm still waiting for the current recovery as sadly I didn't buy any Royal Mail shares, nor am I a London Landlord.
If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 16:59 - Jan 7 with 3586 viewsbennersdale

If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 14:27 - Jan 7 by TalkingSutty

Yeah it was Labour's fault there was a world wide banking crisis wasn't it?

I value the NHS and hope to carry on using it without private insurance policies therefore I will be voting Labour. I'm not happy with our MP but we need a labour government if the working classes are to be taken seriously. Anyone who is considering voting UKIP should take a step back and look into their policies, that's if they have made their minds up what they are yet.

Hasta el valle abajo de la cerveza

If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 17:04 - Jan 7 with 3553 viewsDale23years

If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 16:59 - Jan 7 by bennersdale

I value the NHS and hope to carry on using it without private insurance policies therefore I will be voting Labour. I'm not happy with our MP but we need a labour government if the working classes are to be taken seriously. Anyone who is considering voting UKIP should take a step back and look into their policies, that's if they have made their minds up what they are yet.

Think you need to take a step back and look at liebour policies

This countries fuc ked forever thanks to liebour

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Login to get fewer ads

If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 17:42 - Jan 7 with 3476 viewsbennersdale

If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 17:04 - Jan 7 by Dale23years

Think you need to take a step back and look at liebour policies

This countries fuc ked forever thanks to liebour

Why, come on back your statement up?

Again the recession had nothing to do with the labour government, if you want to blame somebody blame farage and his banker mates.

If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 17:50 - Jan 7 with 3454 viewsReedy

If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 16:59 - Jan 7 by bennersdale

I think a lot of the voting public's problem with Labour, is that they never said they did anything wrong (which they evidently did) the part that scares me is that if Labour win, we will be putting our trust in not just Ed Miliband, but Ed Balls will be running the countries finances! I would trust my cats with the nations purse before I trust him.

I know a lot of what you would call "traditional Labour voters" who won't vote for Labour because Ed Miliband is simply not a leader.

Wasn't it Labour who started privatizing the NHS? I stand to be corrected on that point, but I'm fairly certain I heard that somewhere.

The most important thing to me personally is the economy, it effects my job, my pay, my prospects of a decent career - and for this reason alone, I think a Labour government would be a disaster economically.

The problem with Parliament & MP's is that they have to shout and scream to be heard - the most revolutionary part of this government has been the radical changes made to the pensions industry, and the pensions minster (Steve Webb, Lib Dem) is someone you barely hear from, and come May when he will (probably) leave office, no one will remember the revolutionary changes he put forward, that will last for many years.

Blog: The FA Cup

If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 17:53 - Jan 7 with 3445 viewsColDale

If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 16:00 - Jan 7 by SuddenLad

Don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell of it being a Conservative / UKIP coalition. UKIP will do far more damage to the Tories than they will to Labour (and arguably more damage to the Tories than Labour will do to the Tories). All comes down to whether Farage will stand his ground when a desperate Cameron comes cap in hand.

All will come down to the changes from last time round.

Can't see Conservatives winning any new votes.
Can't see LibDem voters (remember them?) switching to anyone other than Labour (albeit begrudgingly)
Can't see Labour losing many voters from last time, except maybe in Scotland.
UKIP will eat into more of the Tory vote than the Labour vote.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was even impossible to form a coalition Government.
If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 17:59 - Jan 7 with 3414 viewsBrighouseDale

Don't you live in Benidorm? Health tourist!

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 18:02 - Jan 7 with 3394 viewsSuddenLad

If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 17:53 - Jan 7 by ColDale

Don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell of it being a Conservative / UKIP coalition. UKIP will do far more damage to the Tories than they will to Labour (and arguably more damage to the Tories than Labour will do to the Tories). All comes down to whether Farage will stand his ground when a desperate Cameron comes cap in hand.

All will come down to the changes from last time round.

Can't see Conservatives winning any new votes.
Can't see LibDem voters (remember them?) switching to anyone other than Labour (albeit begrudgingly)
Can't see Labour losing many voters from last time, except maybe in Scotland.
UKIP will eat into more of the Tory vote than the Labour vote.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was even impossible to form a coalition Government.

If psephologists predictions are accurate, Labour will be all but wiped out in Scotland. Their vote has/will collapse to unprecedented levels.

I'm not convinced UKIP will have the impact that many imagine at a General Election, but they will certainly have successes nationally, but as far as a party with most MP's it's likely to be the Conservatives. They will form a coalition with anyone but Labour.

I believe it when I read that discussions have already started behind the scenes.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 18:08 - Jan 7 with 3368 viewsbennersdale

If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 17:59 - Jan 7 by BrighouseDale

Don't you live in Benidorm? Health tourist!

No

If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 18:28 - Jan 7 with 3318 viewsisitme

SNP will wipe Labour out in Scotland. I would not be surprised if their vote in Wales also takes a bit hit. I suspect that many former Lib Dem supporters will vote for the Green Party. UKIP will probably gain around half a dozen seats. Carswell will hold his and they will take another few from the Tories in the South and maybe a couple from Labour in the North. Surely the people of Rotherham cannot vote back in Labour. I would not be surprised if Jim Dobbin's old seat returns a UKIP MP.

Unfortunately I can see a Labour and SNP coalition government after the next election. The thought of Ed Balls in charge of the purse strings again fills me with dread.
If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 18:50 - Jan 7 with 3277 viewsHK_Dale

If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 17:42 - Jan 7 by bennersdale

Again the recession had nothing to do with the labour government, if you want to blame somebody blame farage and his banker mates.

Disagree with that. The global crisis wasn't just a banking problem, it was credit crisis. Interest rates were kept far too low and pressure / incentives were put on banks to provide more mortgages.

Not saying bankers didn't have a role, selling Asset Backed securities with toxic assets enhanced the problem.

Add in good old gordy's plans to stop boom and boost through increased, unnecessary stimulus and you have a recipe for disaster.

To your earlier point, I'm not sure Labour stand for the working man any more than UKIP represent the rights of immigrants.
If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 18:52 - Jan 7 with 3268 viewsBigDaveMyCock

If it was the worldwide banking crisis that caused the recession, and there is truth in that, then it was also the banks, and not Labour, who were responsible for the speculative boom years pre-recession.

Labour supporters seem to want credit Labour for the boom but blame the banks for the bust.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 19:08 - Jan 7 with 3217 viewsR17ALE

If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 17:42 - Jan 7 by bennersdale

I quite agree that the banks were to blame for the crash, but the deficit run up by Labour in the run up to the crash is something our Grandkids will probably still live with.

To put it into context, it'd be like you knowing you might lose your job in a few weeks, yet you still max out your credit card, with scant regard for how you'll pay it off.

That was a shithouse trick by a Labour government which included both Balls and Miliband proving that it isn't always a case of two Eds being better than one!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 19:16 - Jan 7 with 3187 viewsD_Alien

If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 19:08 - Jan 7 by R17ALE

I quite agree that the banks were to blame for the crash, but the deficit run up by Labour in the run up to the crash is something our Grandkids will probably still live with.

To put it into context, it'd be like you knowing you might lose your job in a few weeks, yet you still max out your credit card, with scant regard for how you'll pay it off.

That was a shithouse trick by a Labour government which included both Balls and Miliband proving that it isn't always a case of two Eds being better than one!

To put the forthcoming election in another context, if the two Eds finds themselves in Downing Street on 8 May, it'd be like the Dale sacking Keith Hill and re-appointing Steve Eyre.

If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 19:18 - Jan 7 with 3171 viewsR17ALE

If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 19:16 - Jan 7 by D_Alien

To put the forthcoming election in another context, if the two Eds finds themselves in Downing Street on 8 May, it'd be like the Dale sacking Keith Hill and re-appointing Steve Eyre.

With Coleman as the Chancellor!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 19:27 - Jan 7 with 3125 viewsmacro

Problem is Tories look into making the rich richer with no regard for 'normal' workers

Labour have lost touch and they have the wrong brother in charge

Liberals have lost all credibility

Ukip are on the whole a bunch of ignorant wannabies who can't see that some immigration is actually beneficial. Some come across as combat 18 crossed with the bnp crossed with a brainwashed idiot.

Where people fail to look is that a lot of the youth of today are too lazy to do hard graft. My stepdads brother owns happy eggs and he only employs immigrant labour because the Brits are too lazy, unreliable and don't work hard enough (his words). In fact my dealings with eastern Europeans has always been positive.

That saying I don't actually want to vote for any of the above they've all got their faults
If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 19:27 - Jan 7 with 3124 viewspnc4eva1

When Labour were voted out in the last election they left the country with a smaller gross percentage deficit than when they entered power. The current Government has made austerity cuts in order to save money yet the spending carried out by the Government is far greater than that left by the Labour Government.

I could go on but think that reasoned and fact based arguments will not solve the problems created by the media and Government's false allegations about the economy. The figures backing what I have used as a basis of my argument are readily available if you actually look for it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ramesh-patel/growth-cameron-austerity_b_2007552.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2015 19:32]

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 19:33 - Jan 7 with 3102 viewsMoonyDale

If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 19:27 - Jan 7 by pnc4eva1

When Labour were voted out in the last election they left the country with a smaller gross percentage deficit than when they entered power. The current Government has made austerity cuts in order to save money yet the spending carried out by the Government is far greater than that left by the Labour Government.

I could go on but think that reasoned and fact based arguments will not solve the problems created by the media and Government's false allegations about the economy. The figures backing what I have used as a basis of my argument are readily available if you actually look for it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ramesh-patel/growth-cameron-austerity_b_2007552.

Never let the facts get in the way of political spin, the term "Austerity cuts" is a smokescreen for the social cleansing that has taken place....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 19:44 - Jan 7 with 3059 viewsisitme

If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 19:27 - Jan 7 by pnc4eva1

Ah that good old right leaning source the Huffington Post!

I will give you a basic economic fact that is not open to spin.

At the end of every Labour government unemployment has been higher than when they took power.
If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 19:55 - Jan 7 with 3038 viewszxcvbnm

If the General Election were to be held now, which party would you vote for? on 19:44 - Jan 7 by isitme

Ah that good old right leaning source the Huffington Post!

I will give you a basic economic fact that is not open to spin.

At the end of every Labour government unemployment has been higher than when they took power.

Personally I will never vote tory, I'm of the the generation where Thatcher single handedly ruined the country. The existing politicians remind me of the end of Animal Farm - where everyone sitting around the table looks at one another and you can't tell them apart.

Poll: Best loanee keeper

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024