Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celebrating mediocrity? 15:26 - Oct 20 with 2570 viewsQPR_ARG

Are we?

I see a lot of people happy/content/pleased/up beat after yesterday's game and I feel Redknapp (and a lot of our fans) are "celebrating" yesterday's result. At the very least, I see a lot in here are very easy to please.

A draw and a reaction like that? I could have understood.

I'm spitting fire. Sick to my stomach. Really angry. But now a lot of you seem happy with how things are. I just can't get my head around it.

People talking about being unlucky.

Praising the team's effort (as if that was something of a bonus we should all be thankful of). Liverpool were AWFUL, DESPERATE and it doesn't matter if it was because QPR had a saying in making them play below their normal level, the important thing, in the end, is that even being that awful, Liverpool walked away with 3 points. Not 1, but all three.

People talking about our manager showing like he cares at a post-match press conference (again, as if that was a bonus or something we should thank him for).

And worst of it all: people happy that our manager slammed our players (Fer, but especially Adel), which by no means can be a good thing for QPR. Forget Adel. It can't be good for QPR.

He is not playing him, making that possibility look smaller and smaller and he is lowering his value by the minute. Like him or not, he has proven he can play (in different countries and levels), he's young and there's a lot of talent in this QPR asset.

I'm fuming. But a lot of fans are happy. I just don't get it. I'm sorry.
Celebrating mediocrity? on 15:32 - Oct 20 with 1933 viewsdaveB

No one is happy after losing yesterday but after West Ham I wanted to see a performance yesterday where the team gave everything tried to win the game and the manager looked like he cared about the result and that we walked away from the game with hope for the rest of the season. Wasn't much to ask but i didn't see that against West Ham. We got that and a lot more yesterday. I'm not happy we lost but performance wise it was all I could have asked for and does give some hope that we might do ok this season.
Celebrating mediocrity? on 15:33 - Oct 20 with 1929 viewsElHoop

Well I'm not at all happy. Am much less happy than I was before the game. How many teams will play worse against us than Liverpool did yesterday? Not many i suspect. Leicester only have 5 more points than us, but three of those came when they rolled over Man Utd in a similar sort of game.
Celebrating mediocrity? on 15:35 - Oct 20 with 1907 viewsBrightonhoop

It was a vast improvement on WHU, Vargas was brilliant, how a 33 yrd old BZ played as he did for so long, add in the injuries and wtf are you complaining about?

I know it doesn't fit your 'slag Arry off at every opportunity' but credit where it is due. Change the record, it is getting predictable and boring....
Celebrating mediocrity? on 15:39 - Oct 20 with 1890 viewsHarbour

Not happy rank bad defending unprofessional not seeing the game out terrible defending for the goals and poor finishing first half we should have won the game....9 games in no excuses....sure there was more commitment effort than against spam but we gave the game away which you cannot do in this division or the championship......lets see what performance/results we get against Villa and the scum...
Celebrating mediocrity? on 15:41 - Oct 20 with 1877 viewspaulparker

Im not Arg, im p*ssed off
I think for the majority of those who still want Arry at the club, its an excuse to turn round and say, "that team is playing for Arry , alright" (copyright every single media source)
yes it was a decent performance , but how can you throw away a game like that, we equalised twice for FFS in the last 5 minutes
those games against Man utd, Spurs & West Ham what we tossed off will come back to haunt us, same as not buying another striker, how the hell was we going to get by on vargas, Austin & unfit Zamora is a mystery
as for Arry standing up & shouting, that screams to me a bloke desperate to keep his pension going for a few more months until he gets the tin tac , shame he spent the last 2 years sat on his jacksie
his press conference and attack on Adel was just embarrassing and yet again Arry divert the blame from him
the sooner he goes the better

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Celebrating mediocrity? on 15:49 - Oct 20 with 1849 viewsQPR_ARG

Celebrating mediocrity? on 15:35 - Oct 20 by Brightonhoop

It was a vast improvement on WHU, Vargas was brilliant, how a 33 yrd old BZ played as he did for so long, add in the injuries and wtf are you complaining about?

I know it doesn't fit your 'slag Arry off at every opportunity' but credit where it is due. Change the record, it is getting predictable and boring....

It's called consistency, mate. I'm only convinced of my take on events and I say so when I like.

Can't/won't change the record.

I wasn't going to change my mind regarding Harry even if we won yesterday. I don't think he is the man for the job and seeing him at QPR for so long, is really affecting me. I will only be happy/hopeful if/when he leaves.

But this time, I wasn't having a go at Harry. I was more addressing some of our fans' reactions to the events from yesterday (the game, the result, the presser, etc).

All in peace, of course.
Celebrating mediocrity? on 15:50 - Oct 20 with 1845 viewsPunteR

It wasn't a mediocre performance,i thought we was excellent for about 90% of the game but it was a shocking score line in the end.
We needed that extra 10%, don't switch off ever in a match and hit the back of the bloody net. A lot more positives then negatives in the game and I'm happy with that for now.
We need the same against Villa plus the 10%. We're no way the finished article but there's potential there which before the Liverpool game i thought it was losed this season.
Cup half full for me.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Celebrating mediocrity? on 15:54 - Oct 20 with 1830 viewsBrightonhoop

It's blind hatred of Rednapp, not allowing you to see a marked improvement despite the result. Yesterday was a massive step in the right direction from where we have been. I hate Rednapp as much as the next person, but to slag off the whole team and not acknowledge improvement is just stupid. Give it a rest, eh?
Login to get fewer ads

Celebrating mediocrity? on 16:04 - Oct 20 with 1793 viewsvegasranger

I watched the game with a Liverpool mate yesterday and he was furious with Liverpool. Felt it was by far their worst performance of the season. For my part I thought we actually competed. That was easily the best performance of the season, we lost , conceded 3 goals and Balotelli missed an open goal. Balotelli was useless offering littler movement, making it fairly easy to mark him. It concerns me though that we had Dunne another accident waiting to happen at centre back, Zamore playing well but not able to play a full game and Sandros another one who can't play a full game. That means you will need up down 2 subs in the second half, leaving just one for tactical or injury moves !!
[Post edited 20 Oct 2014 16:07]
Celebrating mediocrity? on 16:04 - Oct 20 with 1792 viewssmegma

Yeah we were shit yesterday werent we ? But had we won I would say we were brilliant cos i cant think for myself and just react to results.
Celebrating mediocrity? on 16:06 - Oct 20 with 1780 viewscorse

im not happy.
liverpool was awful yesterday. their defence is nearly as awful as ours.
hands up everyone who seriously thinks we had made two goals against say ... villa or everton with game like that.
unlucky? no we werent unlucky. we are just not good enough.
we were beaten at home 2-3 by a very poor side.
we didnt get a single point.
how can that be any improvement?
three goals from the amateurish mistakes our defence made.
and they will keep making them. dunne and caulker and the geriatric ferdinand? in premier league? that is a joke.
the only good defender is onuoha and he alone cannot help if the rest are pile of cxxp
so expect more poor defending during the season.
Celebrating mediocrity? on 16:08 - Oct 20 with 1771 viewsvegasranger

Celebrating mediocrity? on 16:06 - Oct 20 by corse

im not happy.
liverpool was awful yesterday. their defence is nearly as awful as ours.
hands up everyone who seriously thinks we had made two goals against say ... villa or everton with game like that.
unlucky? no we werent unlucky. we are just not good enough.
we were beaten at home 2-3 by a very poor side.
we didnt get a single point.
how can that be any improvement?
three goals from the amateurish mistakes our defence made.
and they will keep making them. dunne and caulker and the geriatric ferdinand? in premier league? that is a joke.
the only good defender is onuoha and he alone cannot help if the rest are pile of cxxp
so expect more poor defending during the season.

Spot on post.
Celebrating mediocrity? on 16:21 - Oct 20 with 1723 viewsAntti_Heinola

I think Arg makes some good points to be honest. Yes, I am pleased that we showed effort, that we pressed, that we competed and that Redknapp actually looked bothered for once. But, come on! It reminds me of that Chris Rock bit about people wanting credit for stuff - "'I take care of my kids' - you're supposed to you dumb motherfker!"
Are we supposed to be grateful for Harry showing some passion? That the players tried hard? That is the fking base level of any team performance.
I enjoyed the game yesterday, great atmosphere, and a tremendous finale until the last 30 secs, but left utterly deflated and quite angry, to be honest. I'm certainly not happy today - I have some hope we might compete this season after that - but we lost, through utter stupidity in all three goals.

Bare bones.

Celebrating mediocrity? on 17:05 - Oct 20 with 1663 viewsQPR_ARG

Celebrating mediocrity? on 15:54 - Oct 20 by Brightonhoop

It's blind hatred of Rednapp, not allowing you to see a marked improvement despite the result. Yesterday was a massive step in the right direction from where we have been. I hate Rednapp as much as the next person, but to slag off the whole team and not acknowledge improvement is just stupid. Give it a rest, eh?

There are a few posts (POSITIVES, I think one is called) in which I added a few things that I thought were positives. I think I mentioned the first half performance, Vargas and one other thing.

Still...that's just the "tree". I'm interested in the rest of the forest.
Celebrating mediocrity? on 17:08 - Oct 20 with 1654 viewsNov77

i think the expectations we had before the game has a lot to do with it. most were expecting us to just roll over again and not compete, the fact that we didnt came as a pleasant surprise, I think that's what most people found pleasing.

at the end of the game, we've still shipped another three really shitty goals though. possibly worse than any of the other 15 we've already let in.

Chelsea and city won't play as bad as liverpool and if we continue defending like that we'll make sunderland's defence at southampton look half decent.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Celebrating mediocrity? on 17:15 - Oct 20 with 1632 viewsadhoc_qpr

I'm not happy at losing, but after years of crap performances it was nice to see us create lots of chances, attack with some purpose and score a few goals.

I don't like Harry but sacking him is only getting rid of half the problem, as TF is still there making short term, ill considered decisions.
Celebrating mediocrity? on 18:58 - Oct 20 with 1561 viewsIngham

"Praising the team's effort (as if that was something of a bonus we should all be thankful of)".

Put your finger on it there, Seb old son. Redknapp is on millions, the players are making a fortune out of us, but if they deign to bestir themselves for the odd game every few months, and move around a little less lethargically than usual, we're supposed to be grateful.

It's the delusion of modern English football. Instead of delivering the goods when they get the money, they require us to 'believe'.

We have a dummy billionaire propped up in the boardroom so we can 'believe' that we're a big-money, big-time Club in the making, we have a chairman who talks about 'world class talent', and as long as they go on teasing us with the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, we're somehow supposed to 'welcome' a home defeat as a sign of ... what? Class? Quality? A golden age in the making?

It does sound like excuses. Give them tired, they're unfit, they're fat, we're confident (what in?).

A bit of doubt about one of the ref's decisions, 'bad luck' with the odd effort that might have gone in, and that's good enough for us. Even much better performances will be nothing for TF, the £178 million debt we've run up equipping ourselves with chasers, has-beens and never-will-be's, and the threat of tossing us into a 40,000 capacity stadium and leaving us there with this kind of mentality.

We can't live in the real world, it seems. The big talk makes it impossible to deal with our real shortcomings, because if we just get keen, industrious lower league players like the small Club we still are, that's somehow beneath our dignity.

While at the same time we always shy away from admitting that 'world class talent' means directly competing with City and Chelsea and United and Arsenal for the REAL talent from all round the world that. Putting us in the top four. Do they seriously think they will get Premiership full houses of 40,000 with THIS?

And how can we even MENTION 'giving it everything' on the money they're getting. It's an hour and a half. We're told that football has changed so much and, as you put it so well, we should now be at the stage where celebrating mediocrity is a dead duck.

Either they deliver quality - real class, real quality, and the results of top sides, not strugglers - or they admit that the vast losses and enormous stadium is a nonsense, and tell us what they're REALLY up to.

A few wins, and we'll persuade ourselves all is well, perhaps, but that isn't how it works.

Dear God, Arsenal supporters are dissatisfied with what THEY'RE getting.

It isn't just the bad patches or the losing runs that matter. They happen, they can be put right. But until they ARE put right, why are we endorsing imaginary talents, non-existent 'performances', and a golden future which has no basis at all in the real world?

If we had had 10 great years of steady improvement, and had hit a brief slump, fine. And when we have 10 great years, we have some basis for being confident IN something. If these players were all quality, and the manager a proven master at this level, and there was just some inexplicable problem in reaching their FULL potential, understandable.

That is the concern. Not the nadir our entire set-up has represented in our 3 years in the top flight.

But the soaring heights of all the big boardroom talk about moving to a ground three times our historic average attendance, debts gone through the roof (all loaded onto the Club, not onto Mittal or Fernandes), and 'world class talent'.
Celebrating mediocrity? on 19:07 - Oct 20 with 1540 viewsCiderwithRsie

Celebrating mediocrity? on 15:54 - Oct 20 by Brightonhoop

+1 for me.

This is slightly missing the point, anyway. It was just one game, and it's over. What matters is what happens next. If we can repeat that sort of performance against bottom half teams we will pick up points and morale will build helping a further improvement in results, even against the better teams. But if that's the absolute best we can manage, and we continue to leak goals and miss chances to take the lead, or get worse because we don't try away from home or vs the top teams, then we'll sink.

TBH, looking at the fixture list, the latter looks the more likely scenario unless Redknapp is a better manger than I think. But it hasn't happened yet so why don't we try to hope for the best, just for a change, eh? Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Celebrating mediocrity? on 19:20 - Oct 20 with 1506 viewsDiscodroids

having started the same thread at 8.30 this morning....@blythe spartans

i think it was possibly the finest QPR performance on sunday that i have seen since my first game in 1977.

it is only a matter of time before almost millwall bound bobby fires us to safety and harold guides us to the promised land..

[Post edited 20 Oct 2014 19:38]

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Celebrating mediocrity? on 19:40 - Oct 20 with 1472 viewsQPR_ARG

Celebrating mediocrity? on 18:58 - Oct 20 by Ingham

"Praising the team's effort (as if that was something of a bonus we should all be thankful of)".

Put your finger on it there, Seb old son. Redknapp is on millions, the players are making a fortune out of us, but if they deign to bestir themselves for the odd game every few months, and move around a little less lethargically than usual, we're supposed to be grateful.

It's the delusion of modern English football. Instead of delivering the goods when they get the money, they require us to 'believe'.

We have a dummy billionaire propped up in the boardroom so we can 'believe' that we're a big-money, big-time Club in the making, we have a chairman who talks about 'world class talent', and as long as they go on teasing us with the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, we're somehow supposed to 'welcome' a home defeat as a sign of ... what? Class? Quality? A golden age in the making?

It does sound like excuses. Give them tired, they're unfit, they're fat, we're confident (what in?).

A bit of doubt about one of the ref's decisions, 'bad luck' with the odd effort that might have gone in, and that's good enough for us. Even much better performances will be nothing for TF, the £178 million debt we've run up equipping ourselves with chasers, has-beens and never-will-be's, and the threat of tossing us into a 40,000 capacity stadium and leaving us there with this kind of mentality.

We can't live in the real world, it seems. The big talk makes it impossible to deal with our real shortcomings, because if we just get keen, industrious lower league players like the small Club we still are, that's somehow beneath our dignity.

While at the same time we always shy away from admitting that 'world class talent' means directly competing with City and Chelsea and United and Arsenal for the REAL talent from all round the world that. Putting us in the top four. Do they seriously think they will get Premiership full houses of 40,000 with THIS?

And how can we even MENTION 'giving it everything' on the money they're getting. It's an hour and a half. We're told that football has changed so much and, as you put it so well, we should now be at the stage where celebrating mediocrity is a dead duck.

Either they deliver quality - real class, real quality, and the results of top sides, not strugglers - or they admit that the vast losses and enormous stadium is a nonsense, and tell us what they're REALLY up to.

A few wins, and we'll persuade ourselves all is well, perhaps, but that isn't how it works.

Dear God, Arsenal supporters are dissatisfied with what THEY'RE getting.

It isn't just the bad patches or the losing runs that matter. They happen, they can be put right. But until they ARE put right, why are we endorsing imaginary talents, non-existent 'performances', and a golden future which has no basis at all in the real world?

If we had had 10 great years of steady improvement, and had hit a brief slump, fine. And when we have 10 great years, we have some basis for being confident IN something. If these players were all quality, and the manager a proven master at this level, and there was just some inexplicable problem in reaching their FULL potential, understandable.

That is the concern. Not the nadir our entire set-up has represented in our 3 years in the top flight.

But the soaring heights of all the big boardroom talk about moving to a ground three times our historic average attendance, debts gone through the roof (all loaded onto the Club, not onto Mittal or Fernandes), and 'world class talent'.

Beautifully put.

Thanks!
Celebrating mediocrity? on 19:51 - Oct 20 with 1453 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

In my humble one it was a better performance, no doubt about that regardless of how bad Liverpool were or the own goals we scored. I'm happy about that.

I'm not happy that we lost, didn't convert more of our chances, scored own goals and now have the dubious historical reference of being the team who fielded the player who scored the most own goals, I can't see that being beaten anytime soon!

Even if we won, it's one game, we have a long way to go before we can be happy.
Celebrating mediocrity? on 19:55 - Oct 20 with 1444 viewsjohncharles

Celebrating mediocrity? on 19:40 - Oct 20 by QPR_ARG

Beautifully put.

Thanks!

Spot on
Thanks ARG
[Post edited 20 Oct 2014 19:56]

Strong and stable my arse.

Celebrating mediocrity? on 20:09 - Oct 20 with 1415 viewsqprewan

I know what you are saying Arg, I still think HR should go; but at least the fact that he has come in for so much criticism recently seems to have had an effect; I think he now wants to prove all of us wrong and that at the very least is better than his previous attitude.

I was absolutely gutted yesterday but I was proud of the team and if they go down playing like that then fair enough there will be no complaints from me. Would we be better off with another manager? almost definitely yes, but HR has bought himself another couple of games; no more than that I hope.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2014 20:10]
Celebrating mediocrity? on 20:26 - Oct 20 with 1378 viewsHollowayRanger

I want my teams to have a go and not just roll over

we had a real go yesterday and yes lost

but IF we have a real go every game like that we will be allright

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Celebrating mediocrity? on 20:36 - Oct 20 with 1347 viewsrbsranger

The Winners and Losers on Football 365 put it best:
"If that's honestly the best QPR have performed in Harry Redknapp's time at the club - as the manager claimed in his post-match interview - then Tony Fernandes has even more to worry about."
The fact is we have been crying out for an enjoyable game to watch and yesterday was indeed entertaining... of course if this has given Harry an indefinite stay of execution and we return to type next week (more likely than not) then yesterday's performance and result will end up being the worst of all worlds....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024