Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yedlin.......awesome 23:32 - Jul 1 with 6188 viewschris1969

USA send the scouts there instead of looking at over 30 has beens
Yedlin.......awesome on 11:10 - Jul 2 with 2011 views18StoneOfHoop

Yedlin.......awesome on 10:48 - Jul 2 by Lblock

Was I the only one who heard the commentator mistakenly call him Yeltsin when he first came on?

I was waiting for him to drunkenly take his boot off and start banging it on the post.

Dont know who he plays for but get him in sharpish!!

I also like Bradley - full of running, strong in the tackle and could pick a pass while composed with the ball at his feet. Keep him away from set pieces though.

Agree with nearly all that L Block but keep Bradley away from set pieces? What you talking about,Willis?
The training ground rehearsed free-kick taken by Bradley -three pinged on the deck passes bypassing the wall totally surprising the Belgies - for that Dempsey chance five mins before the end was pure genius. Not even Venners at his free-kick experimenting coaching zenith would have come up with that.
Bradley was one or two touch,gliding and driving on, indefatigable playmaking bloody brilliant. All the same I'm still well pleased that our old european ally - the BEF went to their rescue back in 1914 - the 8 million strong plucky little Belgies done the full-of-it 260mill JCL bandwaggoners. I'm sure Nigel Farage and Holloway feel the same.

See 3minute 5 seconds in highlights vid below:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28121525
[Post edited 2 Jul 2014 12:31]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Yedlin.......awesome on 12:24 - Jul 2 with 1954 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Yedlin.......awesome on 10:07 - Jul 2 by daveB

was far from a mediocre group and no one was saying it was mediocre before the world cup. You had a strong Uruguay and Italy plus as it turned out a pretty good Costa Rica team, not the hardest group but not weak either.

As I say fine margins between what is glory and dubbed a disgrace. England were ok in the first two games could easily have got the draws they deserved but didn't. America rode their luck big time against Ghana and again last night and got away with it and they are all heroes.

Not knocking America as they were very good but I don't get the constant England bashing at the moment especially after a game that had nothing to do with us

I agree. England were not spectacular but were much better than they've been given credit for.

They also had very little luck, what with the Godin non-sending off and being denied two clear penalties. Surprised more hasn't been made of them. Maybe it doesn't fit in with the desired narrative.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Yedlin.......awesome on 12:26 - Jul 2 with 1951 viewsDANRANGER

Full credit to USA as they performed as a team. Bradley looks very capable and maybe our links with Toronto can prove useful. Has many attributes to suit the premier league and only 26. Yedlin did well and Johnson before him but we are covered at right back.

In reference to England, not 1 US player would make the England team but they've shown what is possible if you work hard and play for each other. I agree that England's tournament was decided on a few moments during the 1st 2 games and could have been so different if Sturridge had taken his chances. However the attitude and approach for the Uruguay game cost us and in the Italy game we once again gave Pirlo too much time that he was unable to repeat in their other games. Very naive tactics.
Yedlin.......awesome on 12:43 - Jul 2 with 1929 viewsCiderwithRsie

Yedlin.......awesome on 10:33 - Jul 2 by Alvarado

Cider - what did you like about de Bruyn? (Apart from the goal and the assist, I mean...!)

Leaving aside extra time (when I think he may have been switched to the left, and he scored and provided an assist), I thought he flattered to deceive. For me he held up play when there was a break on, and seemed to shoot rather than pass, or vice versa. Were you basing your opinion on extra time or do you think he played well throughout? I ask because one of my Belgian mates thought he was good too. i thought he was good but only really in ET.

Agree with your assessment of Kompany, Lukaku and Hazard, the latter also seemed to make quite a few wrong decisions. I thought the Belgians lacked a bit of width to be honest, seemed to miss Vanden Borre, the big bald right back, he may have been injured last time out as the last time I saw him he was flat out on the turf.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2014 10:35]

I'm not the greatest of tactical analysts, but for what its worth I thought he worked hard and was always involved. I thought he did the sort of thing that Northern picked out in LTC's game for us [see his "midfield" End of Term Report.] Overall Belgium needed a sharper cutting edge with final ball in normal time, so I'd agree that he could have improved his shooting/passing options, but he did get that one spectacularly right in extra time.
Yedlin.......awesome on 12:49 - Jul 2 with 1917 viewsTheBlob

Yedlin.......awesome on 12:26 - Jul 2 by DANRANGER

Full credit to USA as they performed as a team. Bradley looks very capable and maybe our links with Toronto can prove useful. Has many attributes to suit the premier league and only 26. Yedlin did well and Johnson before him but we are covered at right back.

In reference to England, not 1 US player would make the England team but they've shown what is possible if you work hard and play for each other. I agree that England's tournament was decided on a few moments during the 1st 2 games and could have been so different if Sturridge had taken his chances. However the attitude and approach for the Uruguay game cost us and in the Italy game we once again gave Pirlo too much time that he was unable to repeat in their other games. Very naive tactics.

Well I know one player that would make the England team and that's Tim Howard.Record number of saves in a WC game apparently.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Yedlin.......awesome on 13:00 - Jul 2 with 1902 viewsCiderwithRsie

Yedlin.......awesome on 10:07 - Jul 2 by daveB

was far from a mediocre group and no one was saying it was mediocre before the world cup. You had a strong Uruguay and Italy plus as it turned out a pretty good Costa Rica team, not the hardest group but not weak either.

As I say fine margins between what is glory and dubbed a disgrace. England were ok in the first two games could easily have got the draws they deserved but didn't. America rode their luck big time against Ghana and again last night and got away with it and they are all heroes.

Not knocking America as they were very good but I don't get the constant England bashing at the moment especially after a game that had nothing to do with us

Agree with all of that.

Thing is, people are creaming themselves over a USA performance which for approx 85 minutes consisted of hanging in against wave after wave of Belgian attacks. Arguably Belgium have only themselves to blame for not burying the yanks 3-0 in normal time, in which case we'd be hearing a lot less about how great the USA are. If England had ended full-time vs USA 0-0 having barely had a shot on goal they'd come in for a shedload of grief.

As Willis says, its the prevailing narrative right now. Plus, trying to get the current England manager sacked is a cottage industry in the tabloid press. The same journos who slagged Roy off for being too cautious now say he should have ground out results against Italy and Uruguay, presumably before being knocked out in the next round or quarter finals in time for everyone to write their pieces about how limited England are - which is exactly what happened in the last Euros.

But I do think the USA were more resilient than England. I think its partly precisely that England do have to win, and win well, to get plaudits whereas USA are praised for going out in the knock out stage after being largely outclassed, simply because they made a game of it. That lets Klinsmann work on getting the basics right and applying a game plan whereas Hodgson needs to get someone like our Steve Black in just to eliminate the fear of failure and let the players play.

SoG's point about lack of English players in the league is a given, but right now I don't think we're even getting the best out of our limited pool. And I don't think its as simple as "they don't care."
Yedlin.......awesome on 14:39 - Jul 2 with 1873 viewsDANRANGER

Yedlin.......awesome on 12:49 - Jul 2 by TheBlob

Well I know one player that would make the England team and that's Tim Howard.Record number of saves in a WC game apparently.

I don't disagree with this but would he get in ahead of league winning goalkeeper Joe Hart. Doesn't play for a big enough club. You watch Lallana will now start games when he should have done so already. There is also a long list of United players who have dozens of caps between them, ashley young, chris smalling, phil jones, tom cleverley, danny welbeck of the current crop.

You have to play for a big club to guarantee preference in the England team. I mean Glen Johnson!!! really our best right back!! How many of the US team play in the Champions League?? Over here it's as if you can't play International football unless you've experienced Champions League. The US make a mockery of such statements.

What the Champions League has done is prove that the above listed United players aren't good enough at International level as they've been p*ss poor since this lot got a shirt.
Yedlin.......awesome on 15:21 - Jul 2 with 1851 viewsthame_hoops

I said two weeks ago how good the USA were, a real shame they didn't progress
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/115957/usa-look-ab
Login to get fewer ads

Yedlin.......awesome on 17:10 - Jul 2 with 1817 viewsTheBlob

Yedlin.......awesome on 14:39 - Jul 2 by DANRANGER

I don't disagree with this but would he get in ahead of league winning goalkeeper Joe Hart. Doesn't play for a big enough club. You watch Lallana will now start games when he should have done so already. There is also a long list of United players who have dozens of caps between them, ashley young, chris smalling, phil jones, tom cleverley, danny welbeck of the current crop.

You have to play for a big club to guarantee preference in the England team. I mean Glen Johnson!!! really our best right back!! How many of the US team play in the Champions League?? Over here it's as if you can't play International football unless you've experienced Champions League. The US make a mockery of such statements.

What the Champions League has done is prove that the above listed United players aren't good enough at International level as they've been p*ss poor since this lot got a shirt.

What,Everton not big enough?Joe Hart is a dodgepot waiting to happen.Despite the beard Howard would get the nod imho.

Yedlin.......awesome on 18:22 - Jul 2 with 1805 viewssimmo

He was like a young Cafu last night, immense performance!

We have a right back for this year, but he's definitely one to keep an eye on.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Yedlin.......awesome on 14:14 - Jul 7 with 1729 viewsJonDoeman

And that's why you need to get them before their "World Cup success."

It Is What It Is !!

Yedlin.......awesome on 14:16 - Jul 7 with 1716 viewsdaveB

Yedlin.......awesome on 14:14 - Jul 7 by JonDoeman

Liverpool after him as well
Yedlin.......awesome on 14:20 - Jul 7 with 1697 viewsTheBlob

Yedlin.......awesome on 14:14 - Jul 7 by JonDoeman

Too true.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/100332/keylor-nava

Yedlin.......awesome on 14:28 - Jul 7 with 1682 viewsthame_hoops

Yedlin.......awesome on 14:20 - Jul 7 by TheBlob

Too true.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/100332/keylor-nava

well if ya throw enough brown stuff at a wall......
Yedlin.......awesome on 14:34 - Jul 7 with 1672 viewsdaveB

Yedlin.......awesome on 14:28 - Jul 7 by thame_hoops

Did he join Barcelona in the end?
Yedlin.......awesome on 14:41 - Jul 7 with 1512 viewsDevonWhite

Yedlin.......awesome on 14:34 - Jul 7 by daveB

Did he join Barcelona in the end?

That was Claudio Bravo. Barca have signed him and Ter Stegen. Navas is a free agent I think.
Yedlin.......awesome on 14:56 - Jul 7 with 1488 viewsTheBlob

Yedlin.......awesome on 14:28 - Jul 7 by thame_hoops

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/386690/Arsenal-and-Atletico-Madrid-joi

Could have had him if we'd moved fast enough - same as Radamel Falcao Garcia.

Yedlin.......awesome on 15:13 - Jul 7 with 1467 viewsJonDoeman

Good shout blobby!! ;)

It Is What It Is !!

Yedlin.......awesome on 16:17 - Jul 7 with 1438 viewsTheBlob

Yedlin.......awesome on 15:13 - Jul 7 by JonDoeman

Good shout blobby!! ;)

Nice avatar btw Jon.

Yedlin.......awesome on 23:38 - Jul 7 with 1367 viewsdistortR

Tbh buying a player after one good world cup performance is dodgy, been shown time again. I've seen a number of players looking good in brazil who have failed in the championship. Wether it's style of play, team synergy or motivation I don't know, but it wouldn't be where I would go shopping.

I think Hodgson went to Brazil not knowing what his best team Is; that he's afraid to make big decisions - if Rooney doesn't fit into the formation he wants to play, drop him for someone who does rather then play him out of position; that players are taken because of who they play for (Phil Jones may be a good player in the future but at the moment is quite frankly awful while smalling will probably never be good enough); and most pertinently we do not have a recognisable method of play that players can understand and easily fit in to. I see no benefit in him retaining his position.
(No subject) (n/t) on 23:38 - Jul 7 with 1367 viewsdistortR

bollox!
[Post edited 7 Jul 2014 23:40]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024