Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rochdale the shopping mecca!! 18:10 - Nov 4 with 2199 viewsgigger

I did my annual trip to t.j hughes today to buy a new tv.
The wife said shall we go bolton as there is a t.j hughes there as well i said no lets go to rochdale where 1 in 2 shops are boarded up and ive got many freinds who i may bump into off this board i.e kel,judd,big kendo,zidou to list a few.
1st stop a post office to post a parcel so parked car outside town hall and straight away i see a big post office across road.
In we walk well to the door hole to be met by about 60 people queuing and only to counters open.
I said to wife typical rochdale all dossers getting there giro.
Next thing a big black bloke comes up to me and says i wouldnt go in there pal there kicking off and moaning about the queues, so i said is there another post office nearby?
Now not only did he point it out he took us there he said i will walk you up yorkshire street to it because its a papershop as well and you may miss it.
Wife said i thought you told me they all had 6 fingers and still walked on all 4s?
This chap said have a nice day im off to blue lounge for my dinnertime pint so off he trotted after we had thanked him.
Into t.j hughes it was, they didnt have the tv we wanted so got a few bits and left.
Had a good look round centre and was suprised how many shops was open, not boarded up as i had read.
Next was a pint in regal moon, bought the observer and called in chippy next to ladbrokes where i got debs homemade meat and potato pie(beautiful)
Back to car where it was intact with all wheels attached.
I now have to come back next week for my tv and for once wont be dreading my trip.
Only fault i found like bury was the lack of all things rochdale f.c.
I saw united shirts city shirts even a leeds shirt but no rochdale, there was a pennant in window of ladbrokes but that was it????
Excactly the same in bury....
So thats it giggers review of rochdale town centre....
PS i even saw a tapas bar now we are moving in the right direction...

What's happened to kel ???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024