Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FIXTURES. 18:53 - Jan 18 with 2873 viewsizzitme

We have to go to Chesterfield on Tuesday. Then play again the following Tuesday, after what will be a toughie against the Wendies, though accepted, that we were not expected to come this far in the FA cup.
We have 3 midweek games in January, the worst month of the year for postponements, and we had none in September? Utter FA rollocks.

FIXTURES. on 18:56 - Jan 18 with 2850 views442Dale

We had one scheduled midweek night game in January (New Year's Day is a completely different conversation). The lack of midweek games in September was discussed on here back then, but it's not the FA's fault.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

FIXTURES. on 18:59 - Jan 18 with 2819 viewsTVOS1907

FIXTURES. on 18:56 - Jan 18 by 442Dale

We had one scheduled midweek night game in January (New Year's Day is a completely different conversation). The lack of midweek games in September was discussed on here back then, but it's not the FA's fault.

Spot on.

New Year's Day counts as a 'Saturday' for fixture purposes.

Perhaps there should have been a midweek game in September (when you take out the JPT and League Cup), but there was only one actual midweek fixture scheduled from the end of November to the second week in March, which contradicts the o/p's point somewhat.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

FIXTURES. on 19:18 - Jan 18 with 2721 viewsboromat

The issue is the football league allowing the rearranged Chesterfield match to be played on the Tuesday before the FA cup tie. You'd think they would want to help football league clubs that are still in the competition.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

FIXTURES. on 19:23 - Jan 18 with 2694 views442Dale

FIXTURES. on 19:18 - Jan 18 by boromat

The issue is the football league allowing the rearranged Chesterfield match to be played on the Tuesday before the FA cup tie. You'd think they would want to help football league clubs that are still in the competition.

Chesterfield's JPT involvement is a big reason. They have 6 midweek games between now and the middle of March.

FIXTURES. on 19:26 - Jan 18 with 2671 viewsTVOS1907

FIXTURES. on 19:18 - Jan 18 by boromat

They are ... Sheffield Wednesday.

FIXTURES. on 19:30 - Jan 18 with 2648 viewsboromat

FIXTURES. on 19:23 - Jan 18 by 442Dale

Chesterfield's JPT involvement is a big reason. They have 6 midweek games between now and the middle of March.

I think they missed a chance to put on a great near end of season game.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

FIXTURES. on 19:37 - Jan 18 with 2606 views442Dale

FIXTURES. on 19:30 - Jan 18 by boromat

I think they missed a chance to put on a great near end of season game.

But the League try and get games rearranged as quickly as possible to prevent backlog later in the season. If there's a load more postponements, missing out on the chance to play now could see more than one midweek game a la 2001.

FIXTURES. on 19:41 - Jan 18 with 2581 viewsClivert

Well pass on a possible place in the last 16 of The F.A. Cup then.

FFS.
Login to get fewer ads

FIXTURES. on 19:58 - Jan 18 with 2514 viewsdingdangblue

Its just a shame we had a really tough game today. We could have done with a nice easy win without much fuss and a chance to rest key players like Hogan,Cummins and Lund.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

FIXTURES. on 20:02 - Jan 18 with 2494 viewsD_Alien

FIXTURES. on 19:58 - Jan 18 by dingdangblue

Its just a shame we had a really tough game today. We could have done with a nice easy win without much fuss and a chance to rest key players like Hogan,Cummins and Lund.

I'd say that's exactly what we achieved today?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

FIXTURES. on 20:12 - Jan 18 with 2427 viewsClivert

FIXTURES. on 19:58 - Jan 18 by dingdangblue

I blame Sepp Blatter.
FIXTURES. on 12:42 - Jan 19 with 2160 viewsaleanddale

FIXTURES. on 20:02 - Jan 18 by D_Alien

I'd say that's exactly what we achieved today?

I suspect DDB post was in Jest.

Well we can do no more than keep playing as we are and if we keep winning then there will be no complaints.

Onto a very difficult fixture on Tuesday away at Chesterfield.

Then we can enjoy Saturday with a packed Spotland knowing we are underdogs.

One game at a time trusting in Hilly to get the rotation right.

We could be on the verge of something special.. What a difference in 12 months.
FIXTURES. on 12:48 - Jan 19 with 2149 viewsBeckWMG

Bit off topic but I saw something on twitter the other day that ALL final day football league fixtures will be a lunchtime kick off.

Don't know if that's true or not but I can't see why if that's the case.
FIXTURES. on 13:04 - Jan 19 with 2114 viewsYouTubeDale

FIXTURES. on 12:48 - Jan 19 by BeckWMG

Bit off topic but I saw something on twitter the other day that ALL final day football league fixtures will be a lunchtime kick off.

That's IF Newport can complete their ever-increasing backlog by then.

Another game postponed due to a waterlogged pitch yesterday. We'll be playing our last game at the neutral Millennium Stadium at this rate.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

FIXTURES. on 14:45 - Jan 19 with 2028 viewsTVOS1907

FIXTURES. on 12:48 - Jan 19 by BeckWMG

It's just the Championship, as it is every year.

Sky will show a couple of games live and they will avoid clashing with Leagues 1 & 2.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/footballleaguenews/20140117/final-day-sky-bet-c

FIXTURES. on 10:29 - Jan 20 with 1871 viewsParkinsGimp

Only positive is that the team and players are playing some very good stuff and on a roll, so keep the positive vibe into next two matches. Easier to keep running when you are winning.
If we lose then it can be a kick up the backside , plus false sense of superiority for Sheff Wed( if they haven't got enough already), if we win then great buzz and keep the excellent form and run going.
These matches have to be played and maybe better now than backlog at end of season when results may be clearer to define our eventual position.
FIXTURES. on 06:59 - Jan 21 with 1729 viewsaleanddale

FIXTURES. on 10:29 - Jan 20 by ParkinsGimp

Only positive is that the team and players are playing some very good stuff and on a roll, so keep the positive vibe into next two matches. Easier to keep running when you are winning.
If we lose then it can be a kick up the backside , plus false sense of superiority for Sheff Wed( if they haven't got enough already), if we win then great buzz and keep the excellent form and run going.
These matches have to be played and maybe better now than backlog at end of season when results may be clearer to define our eventual position.

I agree with that..

you cant play enough when you are winning and 4 wins from 5 in lg2 and knocking Leeds out of the cup the lads must be chomping at the bit.

Bring it on!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024